Babylon 5

Space kino or shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DeNBJ5o-b7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The last comfy space show. It all went downhill from there.

Only thing that prevented it from being GOAT is the shaky fifth season and the fact we'll never get an HD remaster.

Also the movies ranged from meh to terrible.
This one is pretty good but that's about the highlight of the movies:
youtube.com/watch?v=DeNBJ5o-b7s

Delenn's actress was also a cunt who didn't want to wear a bald cap.

>movies
They were made-for-TV films in the late 90's, not feature films. But otherwise I completely agree. I'd love to see a "Lost Tales" story of Londo.

Very comfy but I would not say its kino.

Absolute pinnacle of science fiction.

I think Minbari delenn looked cute, I was sad when that metamorphosis thing happened.

>Lost Tales

Too bad we didn't get more of those.

I'm about to finish up the fourth season. Is the 5th season at all necessary to watch?

I would say go back.

The overarching plot with the devils ("shadows") and the space angels was shit, but it had very good episodes and mini-arcs. The characters were top notch. They managed to make the station feel alive, and the politics carry weight, even when the politics happened on Earth, which you were never even shown. If we're comparing it against Star Trek, then I'd rate it after TNG is just "pure enjoyment", but compared to DS9, which tried a similar thing, B5 shines brightly.

Just fucking watch it faggot. Ill nrver understabd fuckwits like you. I hope you get fucking cancer

I'd say it's necessary since it wraps up a few character's story lines. The telepath story line was interesting if poorly done.

Whats your problem user.

It's a shame JMS never got to do a big budget movie like he wanted.

Seconding telepaths a shit but any more time you can spend with G'Kar and Londo is well worth the investment.

not him but you're a quiter faggot, watch it all or don't bother at all

>humans build space fighters with a smart design that allows extreme manoeuvrability
>every other species have full retard designs that give no benifits
how do we ever lose

>watch 4 out of 5 seasons
>DURRR SHOULD I WATCH THE ENDING TOO?

are you fucking retarded?

>season 1: pretty bad but you can tell better things are coming

>seasons 2-4: actually great

>season 5.1: wow this is actually shit, Byron the worst character of the decade

>season 5.2: yay it's good again but they fucked up Lennier's ending

You need to watch it for the finale, which is amazing. The rest of the season isn't that bad but it doesn't match the heights of seasons 2 to 4.

everything involving Byron is the WORST thing in all 5 seasons of the show, get ready to laugh at a really bad 90s sex scene.

once Byron leaves it gets good again

Serious question what is going on with reviving this franchise in some way.

It's dead man.

well Disco is alive again so anything's possible

You are you pathetic fuck. 90s born queers were a fucking mistake.

No, you're thinking of nBSG

Just like half the cast. I swear that set was made out of crystalized cancer.

the other races have artificial gravity. they don't need to fuck around with "realistic designs" like mon-key plebs

Shatner absorbed their souls

Why are you so angry?

Tell that to the Centauri prince who loved the Starfury.

Why would you want that? I dont want a b5 filled with trannies, fags and race politics.

why does this look so good

It's a dtv movie made much later.

Given how good of shape Shatner is in still, I'd believe it.

Really no chance at all?
Why would it need to be any of that though?

Babylon 5 is sort of an odd show for me.

I LOVE IT. One of the best sci-fi series ever made.

But at the same time, I only find a few of the characters compelling. I like Garibaldi. I like Londo. I like G'Kar.

Everyone else is forgettable, even Sheridan. That's my personal opinion. Huge fan of the show. Maybe I just need to rewatch it.

But to me the characters of B5's direct competitor, DS9, are more fleshed out. I mean, I could rant just about Nogs story arc. And he's a tertiary character.

I'm not saying DS9 is better than B5. B5 is better in a dozen different ways, but on the very specific topic of characters, I think DS9 is leagues ahead of B5.

Because its the current year

Because every fucking day one of you retarded youngfags wants a veiwing guide or be told which specific episodes to watch. Just watch the fucking show or dont. You really need you hand held to watch a tv show? You worthless fuck.

name of the movie?

omg why isn't Sinclair on the picture? You mean he goes away? Do the Minbari kill him because he finds the TRUTH? Nevermind I'm on mid-season 1 and I don't want to be spoiled, I'm getting out of this thread immediately and go watch some more.

Whats wrong with the show as it is? Why do you want to ruin it user?

Aye ok sure but all same it's a damn shame this universe is not being explored more, even at the expense of having to include SJW crap into it.

The Lost Tales. It's three short stories put together into one move film.

and bought thanks

I think you're overreacting

>bought

>I think
He's not overreacting and it's pretty obvious you don't think.

I think you should kill yourself

I actually own B5 physical media twice ;^)

he genghis khans the mimbari into beardos, he's fine

Nuke'em all

-John Sheridan

>That scene where G'kar turns back to Vir after they get off the elevator, cuts his own hand, then starts repeating "dead, dead, dead, dead" with each drop of blood

There was more acting in that scene alone then an entire season of The Next Generation.

If you claim to like science fiction, and you don't like Babylon 5, maybe anime is more your thing.

>the so called 'warrior' caste are still incredibly butthurt about this basic trap

What the fuck did they expect to happen after they slaughter like 250k civilians or whatever it was.

absolute space kino

>I never thought you a coward G'kar. We suffered and died during their occupation. Where were you? What have you endured?
>What have I endured?
>G'kar just starts laughing like a mad man and walks off.

G'kar and Londo truly were the best.

Was G'kar /ourguy/?

its infinitely better written and has better character development than star trek. i was pleasantly surprised, going into the show expecting a fun semi brainless adventure kind of show like SG1 and ST and got a lot more.

Still one of the best shows ever made

>250k
they were trying to genocide the entire human race
DO IT AGAIN BOMBER SHERIDAN

Yeah but they didn't though, how many did they end up actually killing before they pussied out? I just remember the 250 thousand number from something.

They were wiping out the soldiers, and then they would go back and wipe out the civilians.

fucking ayys
did they even pay reparations

No, the warrior caste just kept crying muh honor, muh Black Star.

Kill yourself please

Holy shit this. You kids always need a full fucking wiki and a chart detailing every single thing about an old show before you watch it. Just do like the rest of the fucking world used to, and watch a show from start to finish?

You ok?

>tfw it will never be a decent starfury model kit

I want a model of the Warlock class destroyer.

*starbursts your path*

>bought 3 seasons for cheap
>watched 5ish episodes
>stopped
so far its not bad but not really good either help me continue

Get the fuck out

The Lord Reefa gospel beatdown is probably my single favorite moment from a tv show ever.

>mfw its just a cheap knockoff of DS9

Ds9 was the knockoff

>guaranteed replies

Lots of people like antiques.

>maybe anime is more your thing.
What's wrong with watching anime?

Early season 1 is bad - just get through it. Season 2 - 4 are god tier.

I was pretty young when this debuted, and the production value has always put me off. Looked like an early video game with the video capture segments.

That is why you fail

It has some silliness here and there (very entertaining silliness though), and it has legit kino that will make you think and feel a lot. It's quite wonderful actually. I pop this fucker in round about every 5 years or so. (I skip a few episodes usually, especially in season 5).

>not liking LEXX

I hated that they turned Lando into the villain. He was such a fun, and likable part of the show until they made him the bad guy.

I agree. Only redditors use the word Kino

That guy knocked up the actress who played Jennie during the first season of I dream of Jennie, and is the reason Barbra Eden had to spend the first season of the show covering her belly baggy scarves . He robbed use of prime season one Barbra Eden tummy and he has the nerve to call others evil ? Fuck that guy

I actually just watched the finale.

Kind of sad how the order of this show is all sorts of fucked up. I mean, Londo and G'Kars plot literally wraps up in season 3. A lot of open ends in the story.

Well the show did get dicked over by higher ups. They wanted it to end in season 4 which is why everything just rushes to wrap up. Then In the Beginning did so well they got a fifth season, but not anymore after that.

Delenn / Mira Furlan was one of my first waifus.

Also Ivanova / Claudia Christian. Bought the bloody magazine back in the day.

>tfw you get shot by a Borg Tribble.

I'd switch Space Above and Beyond with Firefly.

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

If they ever made a talking doll of her one of her sayings would have to be "I'm Russian" She must have pointed out the fact that she was Russian about 5 times in the first season only to have her later say she was also Jewish in the second season.

What are the best seasons of this show, and which are the worst?

Watch it from the start or fuck off