Paint by numbers: the director

>paint by numbers: the director

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvrZJ5C_Nwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Terrence Malick... the Tarkovsky of our generation... the greatest director alive.

You mean
>edit by Green Day: the director

This is now a Malick thread
not that it already was but eat my grass

>You shall love whether you like it or not. Emotions, they come and go like clouds. Love is not only a feeling; you shall love. To love is to run the risk of failure, the risk of betrayal. You fear your love has died; perhaps it is waiting to be transformed into something higher. Awaken the divine presence which sleeps in each man, each woman. Know each other in that love that never changes.

Do you believe?

god in fucking love ttw

Don't take the Lord's name in vain.

>There is perhaps no film in the history of cinema that reveals such attention to light, which seems to suffuse the space of every frame and to imbue the characters with its moral and spiritual element. Malick treats light as something of the main substance of the film, even the main subject of the film, as well as its crucial (and deeply conceived) metaphor.

insincere filmmaker

Jesus, this looks so kitsch. It wouldn't be out of place in this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvrZJ5C_Nwg

>His actors (including Natalie Portman, Antonio Banderas, Cate Blanchett, Armin Mueller-Stahl, Brian Dennehy, and Wes Bentley) are frequently seen pacing, pivoting, glancing around and behind, caught in public and private searching. “Look at the palm trees. They show what’s possible,” Rick muses about their natural, towering reach and skyward stretch. In such images, Pilgrim Malick has distinctly mastered the cinematic prayer.

explain

no

damn...

I used to be an anti-Malick fag, but only because I watched his films in the wrong order.

You need to start in the order he directed them, Badlands, Days of Heaven, and The New World, stand out because they show a progressive move towards the more spiritual from the negative. Whereas the characters in badlands and in Days of Heaven moan about their situation try to revolt against it, in The Thin Red Line and in The New World there is a shift that you should be grateful about the gift of life , the grace of love, and the mystery of nature.

What did he mean by this?