Watched this with the kids last night

Realized this is far more intelligently written than anything aimed at adults these days. Charlie Brown is a more complex, deeper, more troubled character than anybody in any of the capeshit flicks. This has more high-brow references than any three episodes of Frasier and more subtle "you'd have to be an adult to get it" humor than a top-tier episode of Mad Men. What happened to us?

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/charlie-brown-christmas-christian-content-warnings/
youtube.com/watch?v=ajg8QrSsr_A
youtube.com/watch?v=ZC04UMljgpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Charlie Brown and the Peanuts are underappreciated in general.

Peanuts didn't pander to niggers

The Peanuts version of "Christmas Time is Here" is the most depressing Christmas song ever written.

It's my favorite...

Don't even know. Even Batman Beyond was more mature than everything currently on TV and that was already a step down from the earlier stuff.

My favourite christmas album

you might also enjoy pic related with your kids. I don't remember this from back in the Day, my exposure to will vinton was thru "Dinosaurs! – A Fun-Filled Trip Back in Time!"

he was wojak before wojak

Google or youtube "Why Charlie Brown, Why?"

Things have to be dumbed down for soyboys, girls, minorities, and kids that grew up on social media now.

If you fall asleep, they'll eat you in your dreams

Yes, this is one of the great ones to be sure. I don't know if anything happened to us so much as Schultz was just an exception, a genius.

>Look, Charlie, let's face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It's run by a big (((eastern syndicate))), you know.

Lucy has been trying to warn us for like 50 years now.

I would have thought Peanuts would be mentioned more but it's sad to see it has been practically forgotten.
I listen to the music from the show often.

Schultz was a very soft-spoken man, and I think he injected a lot of himself into Charlie's character - how he tries his best but can't help but feel a sense of hollowness and purposelessness, to the point that he drew the strip essentially until the day he died because it was the only thing he was good at, it was the only place he felt comfortable in.

LIGHTS PLEASE

>tfw I saw this on television last year and there was a "viewer discretion is advised" warning because of his speech

I don't want to believe you

Kek, Lucy is a shaved-head Natsoc grill now.

Geez, that info was as depressing as one of Charlie Brown's day dreams.

hahahahahahahahaha wtf is wrong with you?

My stepchildren also like the Charlie Brown holiday specials. They love the whole gang, especially Franklin.

they didn't know how to write children

Was Lucy redpilled? What did she really mean by taking the ball away before Charlie could kick it? Was it a metaphor for jewish control of academia?

Lying drumftard cuck

snopes.com/charlie-brown-christmas-christian-content-warnings/

Charlie Brown is one of those rare things that only comes along every so often.

kek

lucy is an under appreciated troll.

Wtf?

HOLY SHIT

Peanuts is fucking Kino of the highest degree. Charles Schultz is an absolute madman and Charlie Brown is his conduit of genius put into ink. fuck i love me some Peanuts. except for those fags who love snoopy for no reason other than he does funny dances and noises, they missed the point of snoopy

Jooooe Cooool

absolute fucking madman. charlie is /OURGUY/

What's the point? That dogs are good pilots?

holy shit

why can't it come up through cement?

You know it's really racist to bring up the peanut gang. Fucking white supremacists and shit.

What does that have to with anything?

Good to know that we can have a wholesome /comfy/ Peanuts thread on Sup Forums

4chins BTFO!

oh shit that's like arguing with somebody on Sup Forums

Based

I bet your kids were bored out of their minds.

Fuck off, i want to believe but there's no way this is real.

based shermy telling it how it is

..Yup...

Second fucking reply.

Never change, Sup Forums

>What happened to us?
you know what happened, dont play dumb

Hahah

ah yes my favorite holiday special
youtube.com/watch?v=ajg8QrSsr_A

>Once known as a league riddled with racism and exclusiveness, the NHL has made positive steps toward a more diverse and inclusive institution.

>but the nba can be 74% black and nobody will ever bat an eye

Amazing.

How about that music.
For me, first time I could hear multiple layers/musicians working as one.
My TV was a cabinet, but I swear I will never forget hearing one instrument,then a another,one more,a beat of silence,then all together.
Most complex yet the friendliest theme ever.
30 yrs later and peanuts beats GoT.(music wise)

bird up my user,bird up.

I used to feel for that tree that Charles brought home. It treed as much as it could.

WRECKED

Vince Guaraldi Trio are great

Wait what?
What year do you think beyond came out?
What year do you think peanuts came out?
Good 20 year difference.

Sad and happy at the same time!

Anybody see that 90's one about Linus' birthday? He roller blades

>aimed at adults
>capeshit flicks

No,but I know what I will look for!

I never liked the one where they go to france.

>snopes

Opinion discarded

OP here, the boy hung in there but his younger sister had her face in the ipad before it went over
unrelated, I bet you're a real Rick and Morty fan, user, true?

but plants come up through cement.

I have only one playlist on my phone,and it is labeled HAPPY.
Can't believe I never put the peanuts theme song in there.
I have the Welcome Back Mr Kotter song. A few pop songs, Holiday Road (vacation movie song).
Thank you OP,one more song for my list.

I liked Schulz until his hidden Raimi-directed specials were leaked a few years back:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZC04UMljgpg

see

no, the cement sinks around the plants.

sorry "man-children", I stand corrected

It was such an odd feeling movie, I liked it. Race For Your Life is just good though

holy fuck just look at their eyes

i think i know why i grew up with anxiety

Do any of you remember when Charles M. Schulz died?
I remember it being a cold winter's day and seeing it in the Sunday paper with my dad (we used to read the funny pages all the time together), seeing that last Peanuts strip on there really hurt me hard inside.

I think that was the first death that ever had a big impact on me as a kid.

yeah that one was fun.

yep, right around christmas/new years of 1999/2000. got a Peanuts calender that year

other artists did Schulz strips

I've never watched the show. I just know most kids these days don't have the patience for old Peanuts cartoons. Don't feel too bad if that's the case with yours.

>I just know most kids these days don't have the patience for old Peanuts cartoons
why you know so much about childrens

I did a report on him in high school so it hit me hard.
Parents know these things.

The Charlie Brown Christmas Special wasn't exactly the norm, user, even then. It's a very uncommercial message.

Hell, even the special itself is saying how even then things were super commercialized and shallow.

Not a goddamned thing has changed since 1970 other than everyone has a whole lot less, despite decades of democrats pushing programs that they said would have the opposite effect.

"What do you have to lose" indeed.

HOLY SHIT THE SKY IS FALLING.

Spbp

>watch all in the family for the first time
>everything they argue about is as topical as it is in 2017
It's just all so disappointing. Civilization has been frozen our entire lives.

you're right user, I paid more attention to it than they did, and even the boy was probably thinking more about the Battlefront 2 game he's obsessed with

You guys missed out. When the TLJ leaks first started the Battlefront 2 twitch streams were a gold mine of tears. I got 5 different streamers to say the spoiler out loud by saying

>Hey! @asshole Great stream thanks for all the hard work did you hear that luke skywalker dies in TLJ?

I cannot describe my sadistic glee as their voices trailed off once they read the word "luke..." and realized what had transpired.

user, I think anybody who's been a fan since the original trilogy is secretly kinda glad they are putting the character out of his misery before they decide to... do anything drastic, let's say... with him (at this point we should probably be glad he's being allowed to die as a "him" still)

It's just a generic Christmas special, m8. No need to overhype it this much. Charlie Brown is just a loser that likes to spout cheesy monologues about being a loser and wonders why he's a loser, there's nothing complex to his character.