Why there aren't any Harry Potter clone cartoons, Sup Forums ??

Why there aren't any Harry Potter clone cartoons, Sup Forums ??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ykpDQhWlrBQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're afraid of being sued?

But you just posted one.

Harry x Luna was the only legitimate ship

lord valdomero

>tfw you preferred the SoL learning about magic parts of Harry Potter to the nose less snake boy shit
Shit was comfy

user please take your communist propaganda somewhere else

Which is why Half Blood Prince was the best book.

Harry Potter is shit franchise about a guy and his pals doing bullshit. Great Gatsby is better.
>stretch legs
"Into the trash it goes"
T. Stephen King

I enjoy that stuff too, but HBP was unquestionably the worst book. Then again, I don't remotely share the widespread hate for OOTP.

Thats Japanese Cartoon, user.

>the widespread hate for OOTP.
???

obligatory

>Comparing two books that have absolutely nothing in common
Gee, this broom is so much better at sweeping the floor than this apple.

I want fem Draco to step on my cock and berate me from being a filthy mudblood

It has been probably 5 years since I read any of them, but based on memory I would go:

>Half Blood Prince
>Prisoner of Azkaban
>Philosopher's Stone
>Order of the Phoenix
>Goblet of Fire
>Deathly Hallows (I actually only read this one once when it came out, but I remember thinking it was a tad underwhelming)
>Chamber of Secrets

It's literally everywhere on the Internet that I've seen
Everyone complains about Harry being whiny, etc.

DH was amazing. I remember being terrified after the letdown that was HBP, and I was shocked at how well Rowling was able to turn it around.

Sirius's death is fucking bullshit

Same reason Star Wars and Lord of The Rings haven't; Too fucking expensive.

If anything maybe we could've had animated shorts or some shit like the Animatrix.

Sirius and James? Who're the other two?

Does Sabrina count?

Harry being whiny did make me stop reading Potter and I've never looked back

user doesn't mean a full on cartoon Harry Potter, just a show about a wizard/witch boarding school

Fuck Harry

Artemis Fowl Cartoon when?

Harry Potter is a book series duller than reading computer science textbooks. It is the Steven Universe of literature. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

I'll have to read them again at some point, I'm curious to see how I feel about them now. I'm confident I'll still feel positive about HBP and Azkaban though, they were my clear favourites.

I'm retarded. Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, yes?

Why do they all have glass cutting jaws? Is this r63 or are they trannies?

>Hamlet
>Low tier
Yeah, you can fuck off.

>Anything by Rand on a high tier
Dismissed.

The people who made this just doesn't like fiction written in the 1900s and onwards.

Diana is perfect. Fuck Akko, for making her feel things she doesn't want to.

Are we still responding to this bait?

The last good AF book was the Opal Incident. There. I said it.

Sorry, I get upset every time I see it and can't help myself.

Live action was fun as hell, is the cartoon any good?

>too expensive
It's animation. They don't have to build sets and props and find scenic filming locations and muck about with CG effects.

>Opal Incident

The Opal Deception ?

>Fuck Akko, for making her feel things she doesn't want to.
Like Homolust?

This! I'm still waiting

>mixed it up with the Arctic Incident
Fuck, has it been that long?
>Opal Deception published in 2005

No_

Diana deserves to be torn down a peg
>You will never cripple Diana's magically power and force her to work a month as a McDonalds cashier

'Little Witch Academia' is a clone of 'The Worst Witch'. I am surprised as fuck that they haven't got sued for it.

I don't see why. She isn't an asshole or anything.

You can't sue for vague similarities.

Delet this

ARISTOCRAT ARISTOCRAT!

The first cartoon was cute but forgettable. The CGI cartoon was absolute shit.

I thought the Lost Colony was great. No. 1 was best boy.

>the pasta also gets posted here
Nice.
This is like barneyfag, except it's hilarious instead of annoying.

Is there anyone in the world who would deny that Holly Short is best girl?

Not necessarily an asshole, but I hate the whole "little miss perfect" thing.

>That copypaste

say, is the new The Worst Witch good?

LORD MOLDYBUTT

It's a combination of different /lit/ memes. Though the "stretch his legs" bit is something related to Harry Potter.

i wanna fug anime sunset

It's a fair criticism. Every HP book has a part where Harry gets moody and starts lashing out at his friends (usually it's around the same time the student body turns against him for a month, but not always). OOTP takes that period, usually just a couple of chapters, and expands it to most of the book.

Granted, there are two reasonable explanations for this:
1. Harry's 15 in this one, and 15-year-olds generally ARE pretty insufferable and whiny.
2. We learn at the end that Voldemort's been taking advantage of their connection to spy on Harry and the Order, a two-way conduit that turns out to have been affecting his emotional state all year.

I guess those aren't really excuses for the criticized elements, just an explanation for why they're there. Even know that, I think OOTP still might be my least favorite book.

How do we save her, Sup Forums?

Sup Forums is out of ideas.

What, nobody remembers UBOS? Ultimate Book Of Spells?

Just as well, it was kinda shit.

We nuke the site from orbit

Try UBOS; Ultimate Book of Spells

She has a natural talent sure but it's not like she doesn't put the work in. Plus you can tell she's under pressure from her parents.

Aren't there? I thought this now a staple for cartoon about wizard kids that they go to magical school.

Problem is that cartoons is too bland to be noticed by Sup Forums

Lesbian scene with Akko

I'm not denying that, I just don't like her personality

The movie made it worse. The mystery of the Half-Blood Prince is set aside for more teenage angst.

Suppose I can't fault you for having an opinion.

>Suppose I can't fault you for having an opinion.
Your inner frat boy says otherwise

Deathly Hallow threw me through a loop just because there's literally no Hogwarts (well, sorta).

No lessons. No Quidditch. No students. No teachers. No "omg muh homework".

quidditch was a mistake and made no sense.

Harrys angst in OOTP makes sense from a literal sense, but it doesn't translate to good literature.

>Saw/"caused" a fellow student to die
>Guy who killed your parents is back and no one believes you
>STILL live with the Dursleys
>Dumbledore, one of the few people he can trust, is completely ignoring his existence
>All of this as a 15 year old

she really is a terrible witch

would fuck femron
rape draco
kill harriet

Akko is taken.
Maybe we'll get the fabled Ursula and Diana team-up, since Croix is cucking them both.

MLP"FIM-style, HP-setting, western art style.
>Not a cartoon because of author's citizenship.

ARISTOCRAT! ARISTOCRAT! ARISTOCRAT!

That was actually hilarious.

Cause Rowling is hack and she doesnt want others cutting in on her jib and being better than her.

>MLP"FIM-style
how so? I've seen both and I don't really see it aside from the fact they both switch between slice-of-life and adventure episodes

It's always fun when Diana gets blown the fuck out.
Should happen more often now that Akko finished her arc of trying to compete with her on her terms.

>"Hello Jack, my old friend."

Well, that is one obvious point.
Another would be the way it introduced its characters, literally picking them one by one for an episode where they're shown through Akko's eyes 'ala S1 with Twilight. Then building up the world in the same way (the Magical Festival was basically Gala with being an event hyped up throughout and then catapulting the series into the next cour focused primarily on deeper Akko's development).

Yoshinari hasn't really kept it secret this is his first cartoon for little kids and being a fan of MLP, it's obvious it was one of his heavier influences for making the TV show.

Hey Sup Forums I know you're in here anyway. Does Kiki's Delivery Service hold up? Loved that as a kid but haven't watched it in like 15 years.

[Diana BGM]
keep on laughing while you can Akko, it might be your last.

Yes. It's still a lovely watch.

>[Diana BGM]
youtube.com/watch?v=ykpDQhWlrBQ

Harriet is for protecting and loving

There was one, it even had the main trio at magic school and one of them was a half human or something. I can't remember what it was called though.

Just remembered, it was called Ultimate Book of Spells and it was pretty shit.

>Akko is taken.
Lewding dummies like her should be illegal

From what?
Mentor status?

Both of those series have had cartoons, and that's not what OP is asking.

I feel like harry potter totally wasted the wizards and witches motif.

I'd rather see someone else do it better.

That's a really good question, actually

I thought Sup Forums hated lesbians after Korra?

They only hate it when it's canon

There was dude. It was called.. Ubos or something like that.
It was about this muggleborn dude who was later found out was the descendant of Merlin, this half-elf with a big green jacket and some jailbait witch. Then they all got this book named Ubos who as the jailbaits great great grandfather or something.

It was.. decent I guess? I can't really remember it that well

I don't think anybody would mind if pregnant Jess and butch Carol were in a lesbian relationship.

Hey, I was before you!