Voltron: Legendary Defender

Anyone else hoping that instead of Allura vs Hagar or Keith vs Lotor, Allura vs. Lotor will be the primary hate-fest rivalry in the show moving forward?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/mnuEV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gotta love the mi--
--wait, I'm not that op
Sorry about that

gotta love the mice
You are dealing with forces beyond your comprehension.

Speaking of Haggar, I wonder where they're taking this "Haggar is Altean" thing. How did people even know she was Altean beforehand? There were no clues as far as I am concerned.

So he is gay for Keith instead?

of course there were no clues, it was a shock reveal at the very end of S2. it's going to be backstory plot that ties into Allura's "racism" arc prob

My guess is that the Druids are the result of Galra breeding with Alteans, or possibly they're full blood Alteans which will be interesting to see Allura deal with the fact her people sided with the man who destroyed their kingdom.
Also Haggar shagged Alluras dad.

Now we're talking.

I imagine we are going to see more of Zarkon's backstory. Probably will be Shiro's plot until he returns (He probably returns) and we will see what made him turn on Alteans and Haggar will be involved.

Maybe Alteans aren't what we are being told. Allura is sheltered royalty, what does she know?

I want it to be a love-hate relationship.

I heard that when they include Zarkon's backstory, they will delve on that. Simply put, Alfor did something. Something REALLY BAD that made Zarkon into what he is now.

So how the hell did Pidge not realize that an ancient Altean battlecruiser wouldn't be compatible with a 21st century Earth game system?

Don't you bully him!

Wishful thinking.

'cause comedy.

She was so excited to play the game she forgot about that.

Surely she could actually make an adapter.

I want to see the horrible thing Alfor did.

Left Zarkon at the wedding altar.

Svendak is the Sup Forums OC I think, not Sendak.

So you DO care!

I think you missed the joke.

When asked about S3, they did say that "Allura will be badass" which put the image of Allura and Lotor going 1on1. Maybe they just meant the pilot thing though.

I'm absolutely not up-to-date on Galra-lore as I mostly ignore it, I just know these OCs exist. Sorry.

I could very well have misinterpretted it since not everyone is in on the Galra-lore.

I'm wagering she's the new blue paladin.

Did.....did mice user just threaten another user???

Post Shiro suffering, anons. I want to drink his tears.

You do not fuck with the spacemice in mice-user's presence.

I bet it's somewhat connected to the now dead Planet Doom and why Haggar joined Zarkon in the first place along with Lotor being a thing.

My theory is so:
>Planet Doom is dying due to something happening with its quintessence levels
>Since they are so good at quintessence manipulation, Zarkon asked Alfor to transplant some quintessence from multiple planets and inject them into Planet Doom to at least fix it temporarily until Galra scientists find a way to fix the problem in a permanent way
>Alfor goes LAWFUL STUPID and does some "BLAH, BLAH. POWER AND RESPONSIBILITY. BLAH, BLAH. CANNOT DO THOSE QUINTESSENCE SHENANIGANS SO EASILY. BLAH, BLAH. MORE LAWFUL STUPID SHIT."
>Zarkon starts to plead and reason with him
>AGAIN WITH THE LAWFUL STUPID SHIT
>EVERYTHING IS TUMBLING DOWN
>TUMBLING DOWN EVEN HARDER AND FASTER
>Haggar and a few Alteans who were disgusted with Alfor's Lawful Stupid shit tries to save the planet
>She does, but a whole lot of citizens died, including Zarkon's Altean wife
>Probably they had other kids that also died and Lotor was the only survivor
>And all the good Zarkon had whitered completely
>Haggar is Zarkon's mother in law

If she'll be, then I'm hoping Lotor will be even more badass than his previous incarnations. Hoping that he'll be at least a Galra Prince of Persia in terms of combat capabilities (boosted with quintessence when he really needs to tear someone a new one) on top of being a resourceful mastermind and hot-shot prince. Also hoping he'll be a ace fighter with a custom of his own.

>I'm wagering she's the new blue paladin.
The Blue Lion is too lovey-dovey with Lance. I also don't want her to be the new Red Paladin since Keith has good chemistry with the Red Lion.

>The Blue Lion is too lovey-dovey with Lance. I also don't want her to be the new Red Paladin since Keith has good chemistry with the Red Lion.

People keep saying "BUT MUH CHEMISTRY" thing but holy shit it's so obvious that Keith is going to be the permanent black paladin. I have no idea why one would expect more. Tim already confirmed there is something special about Keith and the whole catmancing thing.

As for Blue, that lion is literally babby mode. It loves everyone it accepts, which I see as a detriment to Lance. He's never going to improve as a pilot if he gets the one with training wheels. If anything switching his lion will give him some much needed development.

>he'll be a ace fighter with a custom of his own
If the April Fools scene is really just lifted from S3 it seems like he'll be a capable fighter, it seemed like he held his own in the Arena.

>As for Blue, that lion is literally babby mode. It loves everyone it accepts
This. We know Lance feels an attachment to Blue, but we didn't get any indicatition that Blue is all that attached to him or wouldn't accept anyone else. Red was the only one said to be picky. And Black seems like she's just looking for a man who'll cherish her.

Just let the nonbelievers get BTFO next season.

As a Kallura Elder it frustrates me how people get too attached to the lionlore thing when they disregard how Keith has already challenged that notion with sensing Blue, beckoning Red at extreme distances, and convincing Black to let him in.

I've already called Blazing Sword being something special and is the "vision" sword we see in episode 1, and I was laughed at. I called that Allura would be a Paladin, and people laughed at that because of MUH CASTLE.

This next bingo card is gon be good.

I was one of the THEIR OWN THING people in the beginning, but then I realized that I expected too much. I'm still hoping for a timeskip tho.

I was there in those threads with you elder. There were a lot of anons against you, I assumed they were in denial about the inevitable change.

My patience with the anons always bringing up "lance and Keith will stay in their lions!" is gone. We had this exact convo before S2 was released, people thought Keith would command black from red when that made no sense. Now that they confirmed that Allura will be a pilot some leftover "muh chemistry" anons are still in this thread.

At chemistry anons I'll say it again; Allura will pilot blue, Lance red, and Keith black. Go ahead and bet on the bingo card.

there has to be a timeskip so we could compare age 20's Keith, with age 20's Shiro

I have a feeling there will be a timeskip as well.

People are way too hung up on that "doing our own thing" line to realise two huge things:
1. The showrunners and writers are major DotU fags
2. It's a fucking kids show

If you put those two in mind and know some DotU lore, I promise you the VLD predictions won't be as complicated as others make it seem to be. Get that mute Weblum Galra or clone shit out of my way.

>At chemistry anons I'll say it again; Allura will pilot blue, Lance red, and Keith black. Go ahead and bet on the bingo card.

I'm putting that on the bingo card and no one will convince me otherwise unless one of the clips proves me right. No need to add something that's already been revealed. Klance/Lancelot BTFO is going there too.

His Galra dick will be the one to pierce the heavens!

Allura is going to wet herself over his drow ears.

this escalated quickly

He even used Plachu too. He means business.

Fucking mice, why do they exist?

Tradition!

I don't non-believe it, I just don't really like it but I don't work on the show so who cares? it's fine to dislike things the show does as long as you're not a huge fag about it

What kind of person was Shiro like pre-kerebos?
Sheithers on tumblr are speculating that the hologramShiro could have been Shiro's personality before the trauma since he speaks to Keith very casually.

"Hey man."
"Give that thing up."

I don't think that's right though. The suit displayed Keith's hopes and fears. Me thinks that Keith is afraid of Shiro seeing him as an equal. He already places Shiro on a pedestal.

Josh and Steven both stated that Keith is scared he'll say the wrong things to Shiro, and that he doesn't see himself as the leader that Shiro sees.

Fuck ye.

I can see her grabbing his ears and going all, "They're so cute!" it'll be a funny contrast to when she slammed Lance on the ground and called his ears ugly.

Now I realize I only have happy Shiro art saved. Huh.

Insert jealous Lance and Keith blush.

>wanting Lance to be good

I'll squee if this happens. Like how I squeed when Keith and Allura twirled in space, and Allura hugged Keith. And I'"m a Sheithfag before all of this, but Kallura is so cute.

I hope they have a really cute design for Galra Keith.

As a legit Kallurfag, I was smiling like a big idiot when the space dance and hug happened. It felt like I was watching my old show again.

If anything it's going to be handsome but it will be cute because Keith is cute.

I'm not a Lancefag, but I feel a lot of his insecurities will be put to rest when he is able to master the canon-difficult lion.

Pidge is not for lewds.

Lance being the worst pilot is one of the best things about him tho. rip

I don't think he's even worst pilot in canon. He's not a prodigy like Shiro or Keith, but he must be better than techstaff Pidge or Hunk, with no training.

>Allura and Keith get closer all throughout S3
>During a fight Allura's piloting blue and gets hurt
>Keith screams for her name
Hnnnnng.

Just like my DotU!

I can't wait for S3. Only 5 more months to go.

You're just making me sad.

I'm going to be at SDCC this year. I'd be more than happy to try and get a question in. A good one at least.

five months isn't that long, just think of how we were all looking forward to wondercon in January. time flies by..

I wish we were actually getting bonus s2 scenes. That would make the wait less painful

Here you go guys.

imgur.com/a/mnuEV

only the strong will survive, it's the Galra way

I...I... Fuck. Shlav is canon now. Thanks, user!

Reminder that they will be your LGBT representation.

SACURÀÀAAAAAAAAA

O BLESSED BE ELDER. BLESSED THY NAME. THY WILL BE COME, ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

Thank you holy shit.

Yeah, I was looking forward to that, because I'm an idiot and didn't know what second screen meant.

I...I guess...

>Elder

You guys are really good figuring that out.

Not a threat, a warning. It's like taking "leave this to the pros" as a threat. A little condescending, maybe, in context, but I wouldn't barge into an operating room and start trying to show up the head surgeon.

You even posted pidge for us pancers. The elders truly watch over all

I can't believe meme magic worked yet again. I'm convinced some of you are from Sup Forums but I'm not complaining since we've been getting some good stuffs.

Out of curiosity, in what way has it worked?

That would be super cool and definitely a twist.

>The galrafags bara and throk actually got a scene in the s3 teaser
>sweet karma for the klancers/shallurafags during wondercon
>since at wondercon last year they were the ones who started the age discourse
>sacura drew kallura sipping wine as Sup Forums were celebrating
>sacura drew actual shlav

I've always imagined he was a model cadet, but the way the Garrison easily pinned the Kerberos mission's failure on him made me think that perhaps Shiro was a little of a troublemaker even as a legendary pilot. Not in the sense of having disciplinary issues, but in the sense of challenging the Garrison's thoughts and beliefs.
There is a possibility that hologramShiro was Shiro's pre-kerberos personality and that the arena changed him. Maybe Keith never brought it up because he knew Shiro was already suffering from PTSD to worry about some personality change. The suit might have been displaying what Keith hopes Shiro would return to being.

Yeah no. Blue literally fell in love with Lance since EPISODE ONE.

HE'S PERFECT.

As a Galrafag, I ate up that scene and kept playing it on repeat. I didn't give a shit about Lotor.

Can't tell if you're being obnoxious on purpose or that's your actual nature.

>implying it wasn't for us Punks
I kid, I kid. Let us share in that beautiful Pidge.

The clue is that there are no female Galra so she to be Altean.

As the trio is chill, so should we be.

I'm chilled

it's a pretty stormy afternoon down here. The perfect weather

whoops, meant for I could go for some nice actual storms instead of sudden, unannounced downpours and hailstorms.

You are some rancid fucking turboshits. I want nostalgiafags to fuck off with their boring ship and their bullshit already. This isn't the fucking 1980s, Kallura is not going to happen, fucking hang yourselves in the shower already.

You could at least TRY to be entertaining like Klancer-user.

Spot the anti-Kallura user.

SUMMONED
U
M
M
O
N
E
D

You know, I've stayed out of this discussion because I know what happens with the original show, so I expect it here too. That's fine. But you have to admit, user, it's just... weird. S2 was fun but the delivery of plot points was... idk how to call it really, I gotta say weird again.

So the lion switch happens, that's to be expected, but what was the point of the whole showing Red/Keith and Black/Shiro bonding then? This is what gets me. Forget about "doing our own thing" for a second there. Narration wise, they're taking some weird decisions if they're going to follow the original lion set up.

Hey, thanks! You saved me a trip to the store!

I was running low on salt.

Maybe they'll just put Allura in charge of black and say fuck all because strong independent woman.

Pink and black goes well together.

Did you not already get that there is something special about Keith? Coran tells you that no Paladin can contact their lion via long distances. Zarkon can do this with magic and even then he can't summon it. Keith does this several times.

Yes, I know that, but even ignoring Red's deal by blaming it on Keith's special powers, you still have Shiro's whole deal with Black. His character arc isn't done, it's obvious he's coming back (no body no death). so yeah. While DENYING that the 80s setup will happen is stupid as fuck, I can't blame anyone for at least expressing some confusion over the idea. I was expecting it more at the end, maybe seasons 5 or 7. Honestly this may still be the case, Shiro may be back by episode 6 and this was just a moment to give some growth without him.

We already know Allura becomes paladin, which is fine. I just hope they do deal with the castle problem - maybe Slave can do some modifications. But here we go back to the whole narration thing again - because now she knows she can magic stuff, so one would think she would have a role for the lions like Haggar had for Zarkon.

How can Allura use her magic from a lion? Honest question, gimme your ideas, anons.

*5 or 6
Typo, though I do wonder if they add more than 6 seasons with the success they're having.

There is literally nothing that shows Blue being attached to Lance. Pidge has had more interactions with her lion than Lance.

the lion gets a magical projection upgrade while she's piloting it, or Haggar just hexes her ass and blocks her chi nodes for a season

>people actually want Allura to break up the Legboys

This bitch has to be stopped.

Ok? I didn't say anything about the Blue Lion. I'm talking about what narration has presented us with so far. I'm speaking of Black and Shiro's deal, and Shiro's and Allura's character arcs. It's weird set up to have the lion switch NOW. Please notice I'm not denying the switch will happen, but like I said, I was expecting it more for the final seasons.

So Voltron gets an AT field, why not.