Ready Player One

Who's excited for this one? I read the book after hearing about it in a Reddit thread and I really hope Spielberg will do it justice. There aren't very many good video game movies for us gamers out there.

even calling the source material a book it is an offence to actual books
someone posted a paragraph here in another thread and it is basically a list of middlebrow ooze

the trailer looked awful

I can't wait. I'm planning on watching it drunk and without my brain. The audio book was great, but who the fuck knows about the movie.

S-Spielberg can make something watchable out of this book... r-right?

A lot of the book's problems came from the main character's cringeworthy narration. As long as they nix that, it might be at least 40% on Rotten tomatoes instead of 10%.

fpbp

>Pathetic NEET saves the world by knowing pop culture references.

I think you'll love it, OP.

the guy plays Cyclops in another franchise, give him a break.

>literally "I get that reference" the book

Setting aside the narration, the book has a lot of problems
For one thing, the central premise of the book is around this big scavenger hunt, and the subsequent challenges that have to be overcome in order to get to the next stage of the hunt. The problem is that literally every climax related to that scavenger hunt involves the main character playing a video game, either literally on an arcade machine or physically in the virtual world, or reciting the script to a popular movie from the 80's. There's nothing creative with respect to the way in which the games are played, or if they perhaps have some twist that has to do with showing the worthiness to inherit Halliday's fortune, it's literally just some teenager playing a classic arcade game almost flawlessly for several hours until he beats it and gets a clue to the next one. It's such a lame way to dole out what is presumably the centerpiece of the book with respect to action and drama, and it literally never gets any more elaborate or involved

I liked it better when it was called turbokid

turbokid was still shit, though.

>and ofcourse, Kevin Smith

the book is awful and the movie looks like shit and you're a literal brainlet if you're excited for it.

>knocking a few protons off the old hydrogen atom

>knocking a few protons off the old hydrogen atom

That poster is awful.
Still looking forward to it, though, only because Spielberg.

That was the worst thing I've ever read

jeez man this is why i dont consider rotten tomatos or critic reviews are worth anything because you actually think you know what a perfect movie is. like its a frickin fantasy created by the author theres no point in being a critic of somebodies fantasy written out in text its just a waste of time and effort

You forgot to criticize him for calling himself a gamer and for still playing videogames after the age of 18.

>hydrogen
>protons
>literally a 117/118 chance (over 99%) of his chemistry joke making sense by picking a random element
>STILL GETS IT FUCKING WRONG

BRAVO ERNEST

Pandering in its most blatant form

In fact, I'm also pretty sure you can't separate protons from an element. He was probably thinking of neutrons.

>In fact, I'm also pretty sure you can't separate protons from an element
You can, it just takes a ton of energy

I mean electrons.

>He was probably thinking
>thinking

He probably wasn't

You can still remove neutrons from an elements. It's called an isotope

>that poster

The only good Spielberg movies are the ones where he gets to molest a child on set

Damn, I should have just quit while I was ahead.

Sure you can, it's called fission.

>I'm also pretty sure you can't separate protons from an element
yes, nuclear weapons are fake news

didn't someone figure out it would have taken many years 16ish hours a day of watching and reading, along with memorizing all of this.

In the book this was over like a span of 2 years also.

You can split atoms and shit. But you can’t remove protons from a hydrogen atom because it’s only a proton with an electron flying around it. You can’t remove it’s only defining feature. The atom is only a single proton so you can’t knock anything off of it besides it’s faggy little electron

ya laid it on to thick their sunny

>I didn’t go to book school
>I went to books, flicks, and vidya
Dare I say he is the Tarankino of ____

LONG

It's 5 years between the announcement of the egg and where the story begins.

but, the main kid was a huge "80's" geek because he was a huge fan of Haliday.

That's basically his advantage. He's been training his whole life. While others have only had 5 years, or less by the time they realize whats happening.

>you can't separate protons from an element
I mean if you do then you have a different element so you can't?

I love how he stretches out "Indy4 wasn't very good" into a whole affirmation of similarly high tastes thing.

also apparently his leg stretch super far

based on the trailer it kinda seems like Sword Art Online season 1... and I liked Sword Art Online

This is Spielberg we are talking about here. He doesn't need money, or another oscar, or to make another movie the rest of his life if he doesn't feel like it. He's obviously excited about what he can do with the story, even if the 80s nostalgia is going to be excruciating no matter what he does. There are going to be some excellent scenes, especially the climactic battle at the end. Like the story or not, it will push the medium into undiscovered country, visually at least.

what are you doing dude

Shilling. Got my 0.0000000000000000023 bitcoins.

if everyone who endorses this shit died right now the world would be a far better place