After slaughtering thousands of people

After slaughtering thousands of people.

Has Frank made a single bit of difference to how much crime there is?

No.
He must kill more.

He's increased racial diversity in NYC crime, by shooting so many italian mobsters. Now he shoots criminals of all creeds, colors, sexual orientations, political bents, and gender statuses.

How progressive.

Nope but neither has any other hero at Marvel.

No

But has batman?

Has Spider-Man?

Nope.

They now all know his name .
They say a Boogieman haunts those criminals who are too sloppy and insecure .
They fear the Boogieman .
They fear the Frank.

because of plot contrivances, all three are routinely in a position where they're the only person capable of stopping bad guys from carrying out plans that would result in millions of deaths

in that context, even a psycho like Frank is obviously a net social good

Yes He does
Punisher Max issue.. something
They directly say he lowered crime

>Frank shattered the Glass Ceiling

Haha, no. Batman makes a bigger difference by helping criminals get reformed instead of just shooting them.

>Has Spider-Man?
well Doc Ock did a pretty good job desu until they made him job by having him be outsmarted by the Green Goblin

No, but he's saved plenty of lives, so there's that I guess.

>it's another "i don't understand how comic books work" thread

no, and he never will, because the day that happens there will be no need for Punisher comics, which is what Punisher readers want

The same reason Batman doesn't kill the Joker, the same reason blah fucking blah every other idiotic question you people ask in these retarded threads

>Has Frank made a single bit of difference to how much crime there is?
Comics run buy people wo care more about holding a copyright than telling a story.
No, he never will

Up is down, black is white. Frank goes berserk and everyone goes into hiding. There's a scene in which two kids want to do a b&e, and then begin to contemplate the chances of Frank walking down that specific block.

As silly and debatably of a comic as it is, I really wish the people who make these threads would fucking read Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe

How many villains have been successfully reformed by batman/arkham? And stayed that way?

>By throwing albanian sex slavers through it.

You are under the delusion that frank thinks he can "win".

Since you never have read a comic in your life and are just here to shit post, let me paraphrase how he put it.

"you will never win"
>nope
"this will go on forever"
>yes
"you will only end up getting killed"
>yes
"then why do it?"
>because somebody has to punish them

Thats it, that is all there is to it. Stop looking for a god damn religious movement in a fucking comic.

How do Italians feel about Frank? They seem more infatuated with the Godfather, soprano types, than an ex-catholic war hero turned vigilante.

I think they're happy just to have an italian american high tier marvel hero. Or anti hero if you will.

Ehh in the long run
No

Do they play up his heritage in stories?

Might ... he might have saved the smallest from pedo parents

In reality, that many people killed would severely hamper underworld operations at all but street level. However, it's like how the joker always gets away. In reality, everyone remotely connected to organised crime would turn state or go legit. But Frank always needs a capo to shoot up.

>Has Frank made a single bit of difference to how much crime there is?
Some MAX stories did state some alleys were actually pretty damn void of criminal activity, so smalltime muggers did start thinking twice.

>helping criminals get reformed
With that revolving door asylum? Fuck off.

>They seem more infatuated with the Godfather, soprano types, than an ex-catholic war hero turned vigilante.
Because the Mafia was real, vigilantes are not

It's more an origin thing, like Batman liking zorro, than the MAREEN CORPS thing which is every run.

His family name was Castilliano, and they changed it in WW2. Even went to seminary school in his childhood.

Actually, vigilantes are a pretty popular thing in Italy as well, with the government corruption. They're just sometimes ALSO the mafia. Think of the Godfather, where he sends goons to fuck up a rapist.

>Because the Mafia was real, vigilantes are not
Does American news even cover the rest of the world?

I don't think it matters since we're talking explicitly about America, since the Punisher is an Italian American, who lives in America

If not, then the person who posed the question makes no sense

American news doesn't even cover America.

Are you stupid?

We're pretty solidly assimilated as just "white". We don't worry too much about representation in media.

Reformed, dead. Same result, they're not committing anymore crimes.

No, are you?

The question was about why Italians (American ones, otherwise question invalid) idolize mobsters but not the Punisher

Because the Punisher is a super hero, meanwhile if you're an American Italian, chances are someone, somewhere in your family brags about having mob connections

Nope. He hasn't changed a thing. But he isn't really trying to either. Frank kills bad people because he hates them. That's all the reason he needs.

No, the statement was "Because the Mafia was real, vigilantes are not", to which I asked "Does American news even cover the rest of the world?".
Vigilantism does indeed happen, but it probably isn't broadcast in America.

You then posted which makes no sense, which is why I asked if you were stupid.
What you posted does not follow.
Now please, explain to me why I had to waste my time and explain this to you.

Not to mention the fact that Punisher is the killer of mobsters, so if many American Italians feel a cultural connection to the mafioso shit or it's something they thing is cool, I doubt too many of them are going to identify with a guy who brutally murders the guys they and their dads grew up thinking were heroes

Ok, let me explain
Americans don't give a fuck about you people elsewhere in the world
Got it?

Yeah, fair enough.
Kind of strange to ask about us when you don't care.

Strangely enough Gotham has gotten better, it was a Chicago/New York at their worst, but now it's mostly modern New York with a few old New York areas.

The Mafia wasn't anything like The Godfather, until after The Godfather.

I didn't ask about anything

What are some good Punisher stories? After Welcome to the Bayou and the 00s MAX series ended I dropped off, the Dillon stuff was just retch and the Punisher Max afer that where he looks like Solid Snake wasn't for me either.

Occasionally, like that three-parter where he went back to Sicily and met his paternal uncle.

Yes. I don't think you understand just how many people Frank has killed. 616 Frank has canonically killed over 50,000 people in the course of his war on crime. Frank Castle would get his own listing in CDC reports. Frank accounts for roughly 1/5 of the USA's annual homicides. Frank's murder rate is ten times that of NYC's.

This.

People who make Frank out to be a thrill killer or a nutjob miss the point. He's a tragic character doing the onky thing he knows how after losing his family.

A soldier in an endless war.

Don't talk as if you own the character, Frank has expressed his motiff in a myriad of ways depending on the writer.

He has been portrayed from all ranges, from a mourning guy seeking justice to a fucking nutjob that literally has no feelings and is just doing a mission

He's not trying to make a difference. He's trying to butcher his way through life so he doesn't have to face what happened to him, and it's working.

Frank needs to fuck up some rhino horn poachers real quick amirite?

In the real world, his actions would be reflected in nation-wide crime statistics. Say it takes 16 years to make a criminal. He can take out a dozen in a single rampage, easy. Hell, given his record, Frank can raze the criminal landscape of a mid-sized city in a month or so.

Plus the fear factor. If you keep hearing stories about how this guy or that made man were brutally killed by basically the Terminator, what's your motivation to get into crime?

"You coming on this heist? There's gonna be a cool million in the vault - "
"Fuck no, man. Punisher was spotted in Philly last week-end. I'm not even leaving my basement this week."

Fucking hell. I didn't realize it was that many. That's more than Wolverine, isn't it?

Definitely. Not super villains but average citizens in NYC are a lot more hesitant to participate in organized crime.

Wolvie has a 200 year advantage and has slaughtered legions of military goons along the way, so maybe not.
Definitely more in the 20th/21st century though.

He did that in one of the Summer Specials.

That's assuming a fifteen year career. Given Marvel's timescale Punisher has been operating for at most around a decade, so his yearly percentages would be higher. You're more likely to die from Frank Castle than thyroid cancer.

He's made a difference for the better in the lives of many people, which is good enough for him.

If he interrupts a robbery gone wrong and saves some poor sap from getting stabbed and left to die in the gutter, it doesn't matter if there's still stabbings, what he did matters to the people he saved.

It's like asking if a firefighter has made a difference because after 20 years of service there's still fires. Yes, they have.

Except the dead don't relapse, so it's even better.