Syaf contract terminated by Mahvel

>Following a major controversial over highly charged political and religious messages hidden into “X-Men Gold” #1, Marvel has officially announced that Ardian Syaf is no longer that series’ artist as his contract with the company has been terminated, “effective immediately.”

>Due to the fact that the next two issues of the twice-monthly series has already been sent to the printer, Syaf’s art will continue to be seen in “X-Men Gold” #2 and “X-Men Gold” #3. R.B. Silva will draw “X-Men Gold” #4, #5 and #6 — issue #4 was originally solicited with art by Syaf — and Ken Lashley will illustrate “X-Men Gold” #7, #8 and #9.

>The original plan for the series was for Syaf to act as lead artist, with Silva and Lashley also rotating on the book. Marvel has stated that a replacement for Syaf on “X-Men Gold” will be named in the near future.

>Marvel’s statement, released to CBR, reads in full:

>“Marvel has terminated Ardian Syaf’s contract effective immediately. ‘X-Men Gold’ #2 and #3 featuring his work have already been sent to the printer and will continue to ship bi-weekly. Issues #4, #5, and #6 will be drawn by R. B. Silva and issues #7, #8, and #9 will be drawn by Ken Lashley. A permanent replacement artist will be assigned to ‘X-Men Gold’ in the coming weeks.”

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/04/11/x-men-1-gold-regular-first-print-now-selling-50-amazon/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Syaf also had this to post on his FB page.

>Hello, Worlds...

>My career is over now.
It's the consequence what I did, and I take it.
Please no more mockery, debat, no more hate. I hope all in peace.

>In this last chance, I want to tell you the true meaning of the numbers, 212 and QS 5:51.

>It is number of JUSTICE. It is number of LOVE. My love to Holy Qur'an...my love to the last prophet, the Messenger...my love to ALLAH, The One God.

>My apologize for all the noise. Good bye, May God bless you all. I love all of you.

>-Ardian Syaf-

I think it was the right thing to do, but i'll never feel good seeing someone throw their career away like this, especially when they're just starting out

Could someone post the symbols and what they mean?

>Ardian Syaf won't be lead artist of X-Men Gold
I think it's a win. I don't like his art. Boring house style

poor guy, the whole thing really blew up in his face

Damn, his career is over.

While I agree, thinking he could get away with such an effort was not worth risking his career on. An example has to be set.

Fuck him and fuck you too.

I want to feel bad for him, but he brought it upon himself. He'll be lucky if he finds a job as a political cartoonist on shitty paper in his country.

To be fair, it was discriminatory stuff

I get it

>poor guy

You actually have sympathy for a guy who hates Jews and Christians and advocates for Sharia as law of the land? You are a terrible person.

This will happen to all antisemites, and good fucking riddance.

The pictures are in news stories everywhere but essentially there's "QS 5:51" on Cyclops' shirt, referencing a verse about not submitting to Christian or Jewish leaders and a prominent "212" on a building which refers to a protest in Jakarta on Dec. 2, 2016 against a Christian governor for the reasons stating in the verse. Those are the big two, though there's a conspicuous shot of Kitty Pryde next to a sign that says jewelry (with her head cutting it off past "jew") and another two panels where it's franed to look like Nightcrawler (a german) is hitting Kitty Pryde (a jew) in the face with a bat.

Can't say he didn't deserve it.

>especially when they're just starting out
He's been doing comics for almost 10 years

He's a piece of shit but I do wonder if he can crawl his way back up from this.

>Cyclops
Colossus

That's one of the things that frustrates me with this guy, acquiring the skill to illustrate entire comics well takes a long time and he squandered his opportunity to start his career off right with this shit.

>work for Jewish company
>put on minority team book (with Jewish leader)
>put in hidden anti-nonmuslim (Jews and christians) messages in book
>get fired
You're assuming that user already knows the whole situation; the nature of the artist's messages wasn't included in detail in the OP

ya prick!

Yikes

It's just mind blowing how someone could commit career suicide like that. Really just unbelievable.

Pretty bold move by the guy in the first place. I kinda blame Marvel editorial for not catching it but this IS Marvel editorial we're talking about.

Sucks to have your career ruined even if you were the one who ruined it yourself. I'm old enough to have a career and I can't imagine what I'd do if I fucked up and was told I couldn't do it anymore.

No,what he did was the equivalent of a white guy putting 14/88 in his drawing, he deserve eveything he got.

Hail Syaf, he dindu nuffin

>karma
No, that's cause and effect

I feel no sympathy for him. There's a reason he didn't bring it up until he got flack, because instead of just doing his job, he wanted to shove in his own ideals into the comic in the most subliminal way possible.

>the pc police took down another artist in the name of MUH FEELINGS
Getting sick of this shit, people should be aloud to do what they want when it comes to art, it can't hurt someone physically, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Nobody's going to get these jokes just give up

Fuck off Hasan

that what you get for trying to mock your overlords

He cost Marvel money, that's more than feelings.

allah ackbar
*explodes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Get fucked, asshole!

If anything it's the opposite, now everybody's buying the issue before they can issue recalls because there's value to it now

They're pretty obscure references, but besides that i don't think it would have been any better if they had kept on such a discriminatory person anyways

Boring artist for boring book.
>I kinda blame Marvel editorial for not catching
No one but indonesians got that reference, so fuck off, retard.

If this was a creator-owned book then I would agree. But it isn't. He was a work-for-hire artist.

>I hope all in peace.

Except for, y'know, non-Muslim Indonesians, who deserve mob violence.

Asshole.

Marvel doesn't get any of that though, retailers already paid them for the issues months ago. They did have to spend money removing the art for digital and reprints.

>bleedingcool.com/2017/04/11/x-men-1-gold-regular-first-print-now-selling-50-amazon/

you know, back in the day, X-Men #1 sold 8mln copies. given how much we live in a times similar to the 90s, wouldn't it be hilarious, if X-Men gold #1 also sold a shitload, and for an insane price?

I know you are trying to bait for (you)s, but this isn't like those comedy strips where you can take the piss out of everyone when they fuck up (like with Charlie Hebdo), this was straight up anti Christian/Jewish propaganda hidden in the comics, which is something really damn stupid and actually awful to do.

Then again, this also showcases how bad the Marvel Editorial is, or do i have to post that fucking grammar murder in Miss America #2?

This isn't because of SJWs if that's what you're implying

They weren't calling for the violent removal of his head of anything. They were calling for him to peacefully step down from his position because no Christians allowed.

>where it's franed to look like Nightcrawler (a german) is hitting Kitty Pryde (a jew) in the face with a bat.
Where is this scene in question?

>I kinda blame Marvel editorial for not catching

I don't, given that they are specific references to Indonesian politics and Marvel editors live in New York generally.

>have a dream job
>throw it all away because of an old book

And to think just a few days ago people here on Sup Forums were convinced they wouldn't fire him just because he's a muslim.

>14/88
What does that mean?

>marvel
>dream job
has anyone ever thought that maybe he wanted out of this ride?

>peacefully step down
*rot in jail

>It is number of JUSTICE. It is number of LOVE. My love to Holy Qur'an...my love to the last prophet, the Messenger...my love to ALLAH, The One God.

So basically it's a message of "fuck everyone who isn't like me or believes something I don't."

It's baffling to me that people honestly try to defend the religion. I'm not saying all Muslims are bad, because I've met some that are genuinely good people, but those that follow the philosophy to a T are narcissists.

nothing, just random numbers

>religions ruin lives
NEWS AT 11

Good, now marvel will have to give a damm about the x-men, we know they put a mediocre writer and artist on this book because they dont care, now they will have to put a good artist.

14 words
8=h
88=hh=heil hitler

White nationalist thing

The 14 is about preserving and promoting white people/culture. There is a sentence stating it in 14 words. Should be able to google.

the 88 bit is a reference to hitler - H is the 8th letter of the alphabet. Heil Hitler

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

I love how much shitstorm this situation caused
I want to kiss the guy

>turn down Green Lanterns books and leave DC
>go to work for Marvel and put on X-Men book
>decide to sneak in Muslim propaganda since he got away with it last time
>fired
>career over

I wonder what he'll do to pay the bills now.

He might become a truck driver

Draw jihadist pamphlets.

>I want to kiss the guy

>since he got away with it last time

What was the last time?

It's a joke you nincompoops.

Now when I look at her, she does look like one of them terrorist, isn't she? Or a thief

Something in Batgirl I believe. No one noticed it because no one reads Barbara Gordon Batgirl.

>I'm not saying all Muslims are bad, because I've met some that are genuinely good people

If they were good people, they wouldn't choose to adhere to a terrorist ideology made up by a genocidal child rapist.

That's like saying "I met this Klansman once who was a great guy #notallKKK"

Yeah. A killer one, I tell ya

He still has work at DC though. Or are they kicking him off of Green Lanterns too?

The book also had to be pulled from Comixology until they could scrub all the subliminal messages out of it, so any digital sales they would have gotten from the controversy or just from people looking to buy it in that period was void.

Also, now they have to scrub through the next two issues to make sure he didn't sneak anything in there too and, since those have already been sent to the printers, potentially have to do a recall which would cost them even more.

I mean, I find it funny and all because screw Marvel, but to say this guy shouldn't have been fired for this is insane.

Apparently, the world is not "awaken" enough to see this

Given that the overlords of DC are the same as overlords of Marvel, I guess that yeah.

Meanwhile in Sup Forums

Yeah, no one would have caught this were it not for one lone Indonesian redditor.

Except the Bible also perpetuates some shitty morals too. If you follow them to a T, you get the Crusade.

Also, KKK is a group, not a religion.

But have they given any official statement?

That sneaky bastard!
I guess that there's no bigger punishment than reading X-Men. And now they'll have to re-read it numerous times, before they're sure

No, he was never on Green Lanterns. Announced last year but then was taken off the book before it came out.

a few shopfags had some fun with that a while back, have a few but wish I had saved the rest

Wasn't Crusade against muslims, though? It's like this group were always troublemakers

Explain the joke to us, O wise one.

not that guy but it seems like a Muslim bombing joke to me, not really funny but it's there

Sup Forums right now
Best post!

So does that mean we can already cross it off of pic related?

nice double eights. In a thread that has a lot of double eights

He turned down GL for X-Men. And now....

Well it bombed pretty hard

Muslim.

Blowing something up.

It was pretty obvious.

He's got enough talent that I think he could make a comeback. Maybe not at the big 2. I would think some place like black mask would actually go for his shit.

The issue was posted here, and nobody caught it then. And Sup Forums is as versed in racial insults as you'll find on the internet.

A better example would be dumping Lev 20:13. in the book. The quote by itself is an unabiguosly accepted part of the koran. Even if it isn't followed the same way, or strictly by all muslims.

They also want him in jail for blasphemy. And those are the relative moderates. Darul Islam literally want him murdered.

someone should do the ms marvel pic, though

The Crusages were largely a defensive war against Muslim Invaders into Europe. It's just that the last one was offensive, and ended in failure, smearing the reputation of the Crusaders for the rest of time. Apparently it's France's fault.

What did he do? Can someone post the page

I guess, but it never should have been added there since the book has been out a year and he never did any issues.

Really glad he didn't though, imagine having that shit in there with Simon and his family?

#BrinkBackSyafGate

>muh crusades
>muh christianity
>not even getting either part correct

What is it with mudslime apologists and doing this?

You haven't defended Islam, you just changed the subject with outright lies about something completely different.

He turned X-Men down for Allah.

Gotcha fampai.

Indonesian news sites are slamming Marvel already. That shit is going to bleed into Tumblr, image is imminent.

>Muh mudslime apologist

How am I even saying this? It's without a doubt a religion that promotes violence, aggression, and intolerance. That is not debatable. Please, explain it to me.