Fucking amazing. I never thought about it that way

Fucking amazing. I never thought about it that way.

That's because you're a brainlet and not a true Rick and Morty fan.

>*BRAP* G-ggod not r-rreal morty *BRAP*

Why does he love that meme sauce then?

what if you're in love but you don't want to produce offspring

Whoa........

Then you're not in love

That means you're a literal faggot

You're the average reddit soycunt

Really? You were unaware that love makes people want to fuck?

Still rick did it over and over again.

One thing that I never understood is the fact that although all ricks loves sex and party, there was a fucking council with only ricks around and never a fucking chick around, that was like watching the demolition man world, full of retard-rick-faggots, that kind of sucked, still it is a fucking gold show

Wrong.

But there are people with successful marriages who love each other dearly.
Double check and mate.

There isn't a proper crafted joke in the entire show
So what the fuck are people laughing at when they watch it? The nonsense words and burping?

>tfw rick is a jew not wanting morty to have sex and fun

Every scientists I know is on their second marriage.

Rick likes to party but the only sex I remember him having is with Unity.

He dressed up once in bdsm gear in a dream to keep appearances but that was it

>Jews not wanting people to have sex and fun
Lmao child

>still it is a fucking gold show

The last part, that only science matters, is questionable, sure. Because it depends on which kind of science. Things like computer science seem to be advancing the species more than things like astronomy or ornithology. But everything else seems sound. Unless you happen to raise the next Einstein (you won't) you're just subsisting, whether you have kids or not.

>only science matters
I thought Rick was supposed to be a nihilist.

What a dumb show

Is it worth the potential heartache? Trust me, if you've never experienced heartache of this sort before, you can never claim to know if it's worth it.

I don't watch it, so I don't know how to answer your question. I was just making a general comment based on that quote.

tfw to intelligent for Rick and Morty

Do NOT post the rest of this

That sounds like a dare

don't worry, I was just pointing one of the shows incontinences, because your right that the quote seems to imply that rick thinks science is the only thing that matters despite claiming to be a nihilist.

>your

don't worry, he'll never do it he's too much of a PUSSY.

"selfish"

So its the chemicals that force you to get married? Its chemicals that cause you to be retarded and have no self control?

I wish pop culture didn't throw the term nihilist around. The vast majority of people are effective nihilists because they never attempt to think about what matters. Nothing will ever change that, but I wouldn't say that encouraging it will lead to anything good either.

I want to breed with lots of chicks I don't love.

Why have children when all civilized nations are going to be flooded by Muslims and entitled soyim in a couple of generations anyway?

Rick seems to get lust and love confused.

>force
That's your word, not mine. I don't really like talk of "chemicals", like it's something simple. Obviously it's infinitely complicated, even if impulse does drive many of our actions in ways that we don't see (or don't want to see).

How many people get the joke that Rick is autistic?

Yet ops statement is perfectly fine despite being wrong and projecting his and the writers opinions as fact? No user, no.

It works one way, but not the other.
>Isn't that a contradiction?
No.

>just subsisting

Even some one of moderate intelligence can make a positive contribution by living a life of virtue vs a "I'm super smart but never applied myself" faggot.

I didn't say it was perfectly fine. I went through the parts of it that I disagree with.

I guess

I think what's important to remember is that, while people do have natural desires, we aren’t slaves to them and have the free will to make choices that go against instinct.

Hypocrite that you are, for you trust the chemicals in your brain to tell you they are chemicals. All knowledge is ultimately based on that which we cannot prove.
Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?

Ops entire image is wrong. Lust is not love. Chemicals dont push people to get married and there is no cycle to break.

If you think about it, even a janitor contributes because he is supporting the continual functioning of civilization by participating in the labor force, thus securing our collective future, whatever it may be. I don't disagree.

Actually, there is no agreement whatsoever anywhere in academia about the nature of or even whether there is free will. Don't even go there. (Unless you want to get a PhD.)

>marxist philosophy

>Reddit and Memey actually has shallower writting than old Mickey Mouse comics.

Pathetic and embarassing.

>hahahaha, wow, #woke!

The irony here is that Rick realized he was wrong about it, which is why he tried to kill himself after his breakup with that space alien parasite.

He uses this as an excuse to keep himself from the emotional trauma of being unloved causes.

I understand that the main opponent to free will is determinism which is separate from the "chemicals in your brain" idea, and has been around long before it.

That's EXACTLY why you should have children

I can't believe people really think animal instincts have NOTHING to do with love. "It's all just chemicals dude" is one thing, but this is another retarded extreme. I suspect people like this have only ever experienced lust in their whole lives, and the notion of love exclusively through the media, and that's why they think that.

"muh white race"
Why should I care if my race dies out?

Ofcourse it has an impact but nothing more. We're not mindless animals. We're above them. Have evolved further than they. Its impact is easily viewable as uncontrollable lust. If you cant exert selfcontrol, youre no better than an animal.

>being this cocky about being this late

Kill yourself.

The interesting thing here is that depression from a breakup and trauma from being unloved are also mostly automatic. In the case of loneliness though, a little less so. It's been shown that people who believe they should be in a romantic relationship, but aren't, on average feel more lonely than those who don't think it's that important and are single. Here perception also plays a role.

I hope adults who watch these cartoons never breed, so I hope more see this pic.

you didn't answer my question faggot.

fucking tautological faggot

>an impact but nothing more
That's an attempt to reduce its effect down to nothing. It's certainly not nothing. And it does not make us mindless. It's your problem if you think having an animal impulse (there's pair bonding in the animal kingdom you know) makes you mindless. This is what is called extreme anthropocentrism. We're superior to animals in many ways, sure. But this is not one of the things that sets us apart from them. It's in fact one of the things we have in common.

And if everyone gave up on having kids then there would be no humans left to focus on ‘science.’ Fucking hell.

I mean he's not wrong, attraction and breeding is just an instinctual thing. Still beats being alone then, just gotta fuck sluts on the side

So animals need a piece of paper to tell them theyre in love? They need the blessings of an imaginary supreme being to know theyre in love? Not every animal is the same. Some show no signs of love, some simply know nothing else except breeding. Like I said we're more evolved than animals and If you cant control yourself, youre no better than an animal. Animals are controlled by emotions, humans are influenced by them.

Rick is not supposed to be some perfect character, one of the show creators even says in some making of videos that he doesn't even really agree with rocks outlook of shit being pointless and that he's just hurt inside and other bullshit. I know people like to meme about the show but people really misrepresent it that way.

Then why push it as if he is the perfect character? Why do "intellectuals" feel the need to perpetuate the tongue in cheek style as serious business?

He probably thinks it's love but can't tell it isn't because he's never felt it for himself before. I know some people like that.
>i'm in love
>i'm in love
>FUCK THAT WASN'T LOVE, THIS IS LOVE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME
And they always have the best sex of their lives when it happens

What does the piece of paper play into it at all? You're saying you can't be in love without a piece of paper?

It's a human construction that expresses the love, little different from the words "i love you" or "i do". All of which are optional and don't prevent you from feeling love, whether you utter them or not.

what does john oak and the other real ricks think about this?

Yes but science is harder. Can't do it? Then have kids

Your brain is not a computer.
It is not well understood by science.
Love is not a concept which can be observed objectively.
This thread is stupid.

Im saying you dont need a piece of paper which ops image indicates you do or else why mention marriage. Those chemicals arent making you get married.

It's funny because Sup Forums is filled with people who are even worse than these R&M meme caricatures

The line between "being controlled by emotion" vs just "being influenced by emotion" is very blurry. I would say there is no line and these are two words for the same thing with a different connotation. You cannot say with any certainty to what degree animals are being "controlled" by their emotions. Self-control is not a phenomenon unieque to humas. Animals might just have less, the same way as a teenager has less compared to an adult.

because rick being a suicidal maniac allows them to get into funny situations, he's a vehicle for the jokes and that's about it

My whole diatribe is aimed at all the people in the thread who deny any influence of animal impulse on the emotion of love. (Institution of marriage aside.) You really can't elevate it to the same status as our higher faculties, the actual abilities that make us different from animals. That's romanticism.

You rose above your animal instincts just like Rick told you to, you can pat yourself on the back I guess. Why did you even ask? It's not like Rick is telling people to not fall in love, that's literally impossible.

Man just kill yourself, you sound pathetic

Every feeling we have about everything is a chemical reaction in our brain you fucking tard

I wish nihilists would kill themselves already

I promise I will after you answer my question.

Just because he's smart doesn't make him perfect. Also just because you're factually correct doesn't mean you chose the right actions.

Exactly, so nothing is special. Now you're starting to get it.

free will is merely a meme