That's right, conspiracy buff. I spent $75 million on a fake presidential campaign all just to tick Superman off

>That's right, conspiracy buff. I spent $75 million on a fake presidential campaign all just to tick Superman off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sI0vtqxoG1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I still dont get what he meant by "Do you know how much power I would have to give up to be president?"

I guess whatever powers he'd have as president would come with more restraints than what he'd normally want

And people still think Manta is more petty than Lex? Fucking how?

Lex has more capital to throw around for his pettiness.

Meant to reply to

Savalas would've been the best live action Luthor, by and far.

Faking autism for starters.

A president has a lot of restraints and doesn't have nearly as much power as it sounds. Luthor without strings, however, has allowed him to control a major company with an iron first, connect himself both to government and illegal operations, and even be left to his own devices enough to create a super villain group.

True, but unfortunately he was active at a time when Luthor was a very different character; the mad scientist rather than the brilliant schemer. At least we got a taste of what his Luthor might have looked like from his turn as Blofeld in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Manta has never done anything as petty as this. He's a child throwing a tantrum next to Lex Luthor.

Luthor is just more grandiose with his pettiness, and his ego still gets in the way more often than not. You'd never see Luthor pretending to be autistic or pretend to advance Black Power just to make Superman look like an asshole.

Came here to post this

He cured cancer and then gave her cancer again, didn't he?
Remember that time he built apartment complexes for low income families that was powered by a massive under ground generator lined in lead just to make superman suspicious and destroy it? I'd put that on the same level.

the president can do fuck all

that should be apparent with current events

corporate giants and members of the shadow gov have all the real decision making power

That's probably one of his more cost-effective schemes, even just in the DCAU. That city he built so that Superman and Captain Marvel would trash it probably cost more.

Yeah but I bet Luthor had hella insurance on the city.

Luthor probably made his dark fortunes with insurance checks

$75 million is nothing to the super-rich.

Obama didn't achieve a fraction of what he wanted, Trump will be the same. The only real "power" a president has is to start a war that other more powerful people want. Obama's greatest achievement was to not start a big war.

>Obama's greatest achievement was to not start a big war.
No, it was just to make enough of a mess of things that whomever got the ball next would have to go to war.

Or do you honestly think that we're embroiled in Syria's civil war because of Donald Trump?

>He cured cancer and then gave her cancer again, didn't he?
Yes. To his own sister, no less. Just to prove a point to Superboy. Not even to Superman.
To Superboy.

Well yeah I do, since obama isn't in power and trump made the call.
You see user, in the adult world we are responsible for the decisions we make, you'll learn more about that later in high school though, I imagine.

For starters Lex would have to give up most of his wealth and company if he wanted to be president (on Papper anyway)

Secondly the US Congress has a lot more power then the president, it's easier to manipulate Congress as a business man then as president.

Insurance companies probably have some kind of clause for supers

Large corporations like Lex Corps hold far more power than any politician, even the president. Besides, you don't really have the time to be a mad scientist if you're the president.
Besides he was independent meaning congress would have blocked everything he proposed.
>Lex would have to give up most of his wealth and company if he wanted to be president
Yeah, turns out you don't have to do that apparently.

insurance companies probably make a fortune selling superhero policies

>Yeah, turns out you don't have to do that apparently.
Which is why I said (on paper anyway)

Didn't he sell Lexcorp for his presidential run in the comics?

>an actual comic book supervillain was more ethical than our current president
what a time to be alive

>Obama's greatest achievement was being part black and still getting elected

Really, no matter what Obama did the first thing anyone will ever learn about him, even centuries from now assuming the US lasts that long, is "First black president".

Lazenby would make a pretty good Clark Kent desu

>no matter what Obama did
He didn't do anything that great, obamacare was a failure and he named it after himself like a fucking tool.

I didn't know Obama's middle name was "Affordable Care Act"

Its really not though, you know its not. I mean its got flaws yeah, but millions of people benefit from the affordable care act. I mean look it up

>he named it after himself like a fucking tool
wew lad

It means that he's more restricted while he's president than when he's "just" Lex Luthor.

Mostly though, it's just a badass fucking line.

>named it after himself like a fucking tool
Bruh

he's pretty fucking dumb right

That is some high-test stupid right there.

Do you have any other highly-informed opinions to sling at us? You fucking idiot.

Scene for reference

youtu.be/sI0vtqxoG1k

Based DCAU redpilling the youth one scene at a time

>give up most of his wealth

Apparently not. It was assumed he would have too, but Trump proves he could have kept it all if he put an (R) by his name

>Secret messages... encoded in amino acid chains in carb-free breakfast bars...

It was a defense mechanism, wasn't it? He knew too many terrible secrets, so he filled his mind with crackpot nonsense so he could think about that instead.

Trump has to. He just didn't.

He can be impeached at any time now because he hasn't.

This is how spineless your representatives are.

>The only real "power" a president has is to start a war that other more powerful people want.

Well, ACKSHUALLY, only congress can formally declare war, so the president can only just get the shooting started.

Also it's pretty fucked up that congress hasn't actually formally declared a war since WW2.

>Also it's pretty fucked up that congress hasn't actually formally declared a war since WW2.
Wait what? What about 'Nam? Golf Coast? Korea?

>It was a defense mechanism, wasn't it? He knew too many terrible secrets, so he filled his mind with crackpot nonsense so he could think about that instead.

Nope. They broke him. He was giving up his best stuff. With all of the equipment on the watchtower, he could encode ALL of his data in carb-free breakfast bars and no one would be the wiser, even if they destroy his hard drives. And you don't want to know about the Aglets.

Those were "police actions".

That was all Bush, but you're clearly too underage to know that.

"Police Action."

I learned something new today
Something retarded, but new
Thank you anons

Nah, he was just open minded. What's the sense in dismissing the crazy theories when you're living in a world where a 10 year old is entrusted with god like ability from an ancient wizard, when intergalactic bird atheists tried to take over the world last week, and not!Lancelot selling out King Arthur for some witch pussy and becoming a demon is a historical fact. Why can't aglets have a sinister purpose?

don't forget that the reason we went into Vietnam in force at all was completely made up

Colt executives being greedy isn't made up

Excuse me but it was actually Reagan. Fuck you could actually go all the way back to Truman.

>Nam?
Authorization for use of force through Gulf of Tonkin Resolution (although we had "advisors" there since '59)
>Gulf War?
Enforcing UN Security Council resolutions
>Korea?
See above, minus an armistice.

If we had backed the north, Korea might be whole, and democratic, today.

Yeah, it's not like you can sell missiles to a country to economically support the revolution of another to get the rights for the fuel on their land and even have thousands of lackeys to take the fall willingly.

This is an hypothetical scenario because we all know that never happened.

If we had backed the north, that would have made us pinko commies.

Better dead than red.

Greedy.

the word you're looking for is greedy. They're riding a tiger and laughing at all the fruit they're grabbing on the way.

the poorest multi-billionaire (someone who has at least two billion) could make every man, woman and child in the US today a multi-millionaire and still be a billionaire

>shadow gov

if you mean the civil service, they're not the shadow gov, they're the people who carry out the president and congress' instructions, within US law

they may not act outside of US law, which is why they're not doing a whole lot right now

that and they generally have politically-appointed heads of department, but the President hasn't bothered in the majority of cases, and those he has appointed are people whose stated aims are to see the departments they now head do nothing

also the corporate giants he appointed, because he thinks everything can be run like a business, which is totally how he got rich in the first place and nothing to do with bilking his brother out of daddy's money

c'mon anons there's still time for him to die in prison

>was

it's still going

turns out Ryan and Trump didn't have a damn thing that was better

the poorest multi-billionaire (someone who has at least two billion) could make every man, woman and child in the US today a multi-millionaire and still be a billionaire

Your poor math skills are why you aren't a billionaire.

>the poorest multi-billionaire (someone who has at least two billion) could make every man, woman and child in the US today a multi-millionaire and still be a billionaire

giving everyone in America a thousand dollars would cost 320 billion dollars

i spent so long trying to remember savalas's name so i could convince a friend of mine that DCAU lex was based on him and, in fact, not black.

well they're gonna nuke us so you're gonna get your wish faggot

luthor's hateboner is like a force of nature.