Comic Industry Meta

Has Rebirth flipped the industry on it's head? Remember when pic was a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

hasdcdonesomethingstupidtoday.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh, the memories.

I made a thread using this pic yesterday and the mods deleted. Motherfuckers.

So the bottom of the pictures is when Marvel's mind started to shut down from the coke OD?

saved before the deletion

The real joke is that there are still people believing this is a good thing

Wouldn't pic related still be a thing? It was still bullshit when it was first made. Why wouldn't it be bullshit now?

It was bullshit but now the hot new meme is that Marvel sucks. Comics news shitheads don't even make "DC can't stop failing xD" articles anymore because so many are on the "Marleltanic" bandwagon.

A lot of the news sites still don't give too much praise to DC because they're MCU fantards or too busy praising Moon Girl and Squirrel-Girl, but a lot also are saying DC fixed themselves as if they were a dumpster fire before Rebirth.

>The Difference Between DC And Marvel. This Is Priceless.
Why does this come off as such a pretentious title

DC couldn't catch a break for a while and decided to just make as few headlines as possible so they stayed away from social media and controversies as best as possible.

Meanwhile Marvel embraced it and started to realize the double edged sword it happens to be.

"This Is Priceless" is such an overused clickbait it probably triggers your internal bullshit detector

Jesus, It's like a mix of the worse of Tumblr and 9gag in a single picture. At least it portrays marvel as the outrage machine it is.

>The new direction for storytelling needs to be dark, gritty, mature and cynical

This meme was stupid like a decade ago and still is.

>Has Rebirth flipped the industry on it's head?
Ah-heh. No.

Remember this?
hasdcdonesomethingstupidtoday.com/

Well, let's go through it.

>DC- WW is getting a movie.

>Marvel- that is still true

>DC- Also still true but we got Middie and Apollo fucking on a kitchen counter.

>Marvel- I can't even remember that.

DC- I'd say DC has a good mix now. Nobody could possibly look at Superman and say it's edgy.

Marvel- I think that got cancelled.

Next 2 are still broadly true

>DC- Well they added Kenan and co, who are great; Jess and Baz; and they've pushed Cyborg, Chocolate Wally and Blue Beetle

>Marvel- she has really worn out her welcome.

>DC- I'm not sure what they mean by that. Is it that Batman is boring or that he is too soft?

>Marvel- cancelled after like 6 issues.

All the rest are true, it's just the Marvel stuff isn't as popular as previous iterations.

Also Marvel have literally turned their golden boy into a Nazi.

Hindsight kicks like a mule eh?

>Wonder Woman
Movie's out in 3 months
>Widow in Winter Soldier
What an afterthought she was in that film. It's Black Widow who can't get a movie now.

>Batwoman
Has her own solo now
>X-Men wedding
lol X-men

>gritty mature and cynical
Just like how Superman was punching cops right
>Loki goes speed dating
Along with all those epic dance-off maymays

>Superman/Batman movie
BvS is a mess, but Batfleck is great
>Phase 2
With Ultron being the crown jewel

>add maybe one or two "people of color"
Simon, Jess, Kenan, Duke, list goes on
>Kamala
What a shame, with what happned to her.

>Batman's vengeful personality
As opposed to his sunny disposition? Not to mention he weren't that dark
>GotG
Meme: The Marvel Movie
Can't wait for the sequel though

>Our fanbase is mostly white males
At least someone understand their paying customers
>Lawyer Shulk
>Female Thor
>Sam Cap
yeah about that

It was never a thing Johnsfag.

>implying MCUfags give half a shit about Lunella or Squirrel Girl
The only people praising those books are the paid media reviewer shills and Marvel itself.

Hasn't She Hulk always been a lawyer?

Christ, imagine being this devoted to hating a brand

Yes, which is why the claim was dumb.
Sure that one Shulk line was about Jen actually doing lawyer stuff like defend Doom in a court, but the art was shit and the story even more shit

>Ah-heh
Was it autism?

You could see the pus pouring out of the open wounds of Marvel. Those were the first stages of the cancer it is now.

This

>Latina
>his

I didn't need any more evidence that the person who made this is an idiot.

Because it's so obviously casual bullshit after reading like 2 things (they're mostly movie things) it just makes you go "nottu dis shittu agaen"

It's good to know that even way back then DC was still seen as the incompetent joke of a company it is

Jude Terror please

>Shulk is a lawyer!!!

Hasn't she always been one?

>Back then

OPs image is not more than 3 years old.
Also what the fuck is with the url on that image? Who would type an url from an image on their address bar in the current year?

I mean....the movie stuff is still all mostly true.

The MCU sucks, yes.

How is it true? DC is going to put out a WW movie before Marvel does a female lead even with the 10+ movies they have. She wasn't just a cameo in BvS and the rest is about comics and how diverse they are and right now Marvel is admitting it blew up on their faces.

>it blew up on their faces
Especially now that Ardian Syaf is going to do his sacred duty...