Even Stacy is posting epic Star Wars/room crossovers are Facebook now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K40IToeN51Y?t=1m23s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just got back from the theatre after watching the Disaster Artist
Did I like it Sup Forums?

It was nice while it lasted.

for the record, I watched the Room in 2013 and I am no normie

Yeah, I can't believe it went from good to popular overnight.

Tommy is a fucking genius for not allowing it to be streamed anywhere

I just heard about it like 2 days ago and saw it/watched interviews. Funny shit. And I might see disaster artist now so I guess you can say marketing successful?

I mean once I figured out that new Franco movie was coming out it became obvious it was all marketing. Funny how that works.

Nothing niche will ever stay niche in this new world
Every culture will be plundered and raped until it will be left as a disgusting bland husk that normies drop to move onto the new hip thing

This is the way the world works now

this sounds like breaking bad.

Rick and Morty.
Sup Forums was fucking all over that shit before it became super popular

Ben Shapiro played clips from it on his show today

> Sup Forums literally handed a means to socialize with people on a silver platter
> will complain about it anyway

yeah, he makes bank from all the screenings he has going around the country

No, it happened when fucking Douge reviewed it and got even worse when Adult Swim played it.

>two years ago The Wire was talked about on a daily basis
>if you make a thread now its just WE WUZ fags
Makes me sick, motherfucker, how far we done fell.

>It was nice while it lasted.
What exactly is going to change? It not like anyone on Sup Forums actually socializes with anyone, let alone normies.

>Uses 'faux-intellectual'
Look at the way this is written.

Lel no it fucking wasn't

It was already normalfagcore after the book came out

>>two years ago The Wire was talked about on a daily basis
no it wasn't

I never really understood ‘The Room’ but my friends would meme it constantly. YOU’RE PULLING ME APART and OH HI MARK. I just didn’t get it at all. But after seeing ‘The Disaster Artist’ I feel like I am in on the joke, at least a little bit, and I join in with the memes now. ‘Hey chicky chick chicken!’ It is pretty funny now that I know about it.

That’s the thing normies won’t actually sit down and watch this

They are literally just spamming one liners that they say from a 20 second clip

The movie is probably normie proof

“Like this is so randum LOL”

that's the thing about you

you are the dumbest faggot alive

you type like a faggot

fucking loser

pottery

Who the fuck CARES. If something is genuinely entertaining (like the room is) normies are allowed to enjoy it too. What a strange thing to feel possessive over.

It played on Adult Swim on April 1st for at least 5 years straight
So yeah it did like 10 years ago

>t.normie newfag

Get this hothead outta here

I watched the Room in 2009 on Adult Swim

Lmao getting this worked. Gain some height lose some weight and get a clue kiddo. :^)

What is the The Room of video games?

This problem began long before 'The Disaster Artist' came out. Me and my friends have been TRUE FANS of the movie since way back. So you can imagine our disgust when we went to a screening in full costume with spoons at the ready, only to see a bunch of normies ahead of us in the queue, spouting quotes (wrongly) as if they knew anything about the film. We were livid, maybe overreacting a bit, but I think you can will agree that they had no right to be there. This had always been our thing - it was never theirs, until it suddenly became fashionable.

the real cycle is:
>good movie comes out
>Sup Forums loves it
>a month or so later decent rips start popping up on TPB
>Sup Forums suddenly hates it

Initially I enjoyed myself but the I thought about the movie, the more I noticed its flaws such as not fleshing out Tommy's strain on his relationship with Greg or exploring further how the cast/crew suffered under Tommy. Tommy was pretty manipulative in the book but the movie kinda sucked at showing that.

James Franco was surprisingly good at capturing Tommy's essence. Thought he was gonna be the weak point in the movie.

We will always have baneposting.

Maybe Deadly Premonition?

Yeah this is really a case where the Book absolutely shits all over the movie and shows what a manipulative piece of shit Wiseau is.

Also Greg does legit a 100% perfect Wiseau voice with the audiobook.:
youtu.be/K40IToeN51Y?t=1m23s

Yeah, and I get them shortening up sequences for a film adaptation but this movie did feel like a compromise to the book. I can tell it was done with heart but it could've been much more with a different direction. I'd even think about the way Fincher handled The Social Network would be a good take. The Disaster Artist book has a lot of dark moments and a lot of moments where you worried for Greg. I was hoping to see more scenes like the early scene with Greg's mom where she's creeped out by Tommy and worried for Greg. Developing Tommy's creep factor wasn't really part or Franco's vision, I suppose.

I was thinking that too.

way too mainstream
we'll always have the classics and sopranos threads though

>This became normie core overnight
It has been for a while. Not long after it was on Adult Swim.

Better than TLJ.

The second Disaster Artist was announced as a movie I knew it made the Room a surefire target for faggot contrarians to turn on it over night. Just popped on this board to confirm it real quick.

Duke Nukem Forever

>overnight

if you call a decade overnight I suppose

My friends and I are right there with ya buddy

hipsters gtfo

I watched half of it for the first time last week, but I've known about it for probably 10 years. I'm also not a normie, though I do get laid. What do I win?

that never happened

i saw it in 2003

>sees the room on adultswim one day

Good.

I hope everything that Sup Forums loves because mainstream

I fucking hate you faggots.

this image reeks of a linux user

merry christmas ya filthy animal

Do people ITT realize that everything that ever was popular started off small? Do you think the first Led Zeppelin fans are pissed their band made it huge? And if any of them do, do you think anybody gives a shit?
Cultural phenomenons are none for the taking.

>Do you think the first Led Zeppelin fans
Yes, definitely. It's human nature to hate the things you like when they change significantly, or you feel the meaning has been diluted because of over saturation. However, I think it's gay to be that way, and people should try to resist the urge to be an obnoxious contrarian piece of shit.

It didn't take almost fifteen years for Led Zeppelin to get on the radio, but if it had I'd be a bit pissed that ticket prices to their shows skyrocketed and I had to wade through 50,000 hippies everytime I had to take a piss/do a bump in the bathroom when I want to hear my favorite band play. That's not really comparable, but yeah Sup Forums is just pissed that now they'll have to wade through a bunch of Room memes for 6 months from normies.

tell that to kanjikulb

RLM awkwardly hated on it, so it probably is good?

The Room was such a pure and innocent movie, that's why I loved it so much. I hate that normies are molesting it now.

Liking crap ironically and then getting mad when it gets popular is as normie as anything.

That review was garbage. Boiled down to "We predicted the movie's tone to be this way but were wrong so we watched it bitterly"

None of this makes sense.

this just in, you're a normie

the funniest thing about The Room is that it was originally meant to hide $6 million dollars

there's no way it actually cost that much to make

why do you think it was even called The Room? because the whole fucking movie was filmed in 1 green screened room (besides like 3 scenes of that asshole walking around public)

This

The Disaster Artist would have been so funny if they decided to conjure up a backstory to Tommy. They could have gone with either/both of these theories:
>Tommy is using the film to embezzle money from criminal dealings
>Tommy is an alien and using this film to record what/how humans interact with one another for aliens on his home planet

Instead we got a pretty boring film that lacked the emotional depth and absurdity of the book or created anything new and interesting to fill in the blanks

That's what I'm saying man, share the good experiences. The room will make you smile and happy, I feel like all these people are individuals who use to unironically use the word "poser" in the 90s.

>DUDE you guys don't even fucking get the movie
>don't you realize how it's so bad it's funny?!?!

Autism.

What the fuck is up with Tommy though? I mean what mental disease does he probably have?

Greg has a charming voice desu.

And holy shit, perfect impression.

That's one of the things I knew was going to happen when The Disaster artist came out. They do not see it the way we do still. They only see it as "lol this is so bad, it's funny haha."

Do you understand life user, do you?

lol that's not what they said at all.

How do you see it then oh almighty enlightened one?

Put your stupid comments in your pocket, op

Low IQ, maybe some narcissism.

Oh hi mark

I'm smart I don't have to give you anything.

he wouldn't have made millions selling fake korean leather jackets and toys in sf if that was the case
growing up in communist poland, being abused as a young man by practically everyone who crossed his way in western europe

Isn't that the twin peaks of video games?

>I liked it first

Fucking 5th grade mentality faggots.

imagine being this butthurt over a televison board

Shit became normie when adult swim started playing it.

Wait what? The Room x Star wars?