Comic Book Reviews

>one of the worst issues since the series started
>9 out of 10 best Priest comic ever

Why do comic journos have such shit taste?

Because the people who review comics for a living tend to not be smart enough to understand basic writing principles. Also because taste is subjective.

There are reviewers who praised Tynion's writing on Tec as the best thing ever. It's better to not take them seriously, user.

What about fans on message board who read something, find out their favorite relationship gets broken up because the writer has an idea of where to take these characters and how to do it (regardless if the end result is good or bad) and they just go "Worst comic ever. Garbage writing." 1/5 stars.

Critics might get shit wrong, but comic book fans are worse than video game nerds.

>one of the worst issues since the series started
[citation needed]

Deathstroke playing Daredevil was fucking great.

$$$

>character dies at the beginning of the issue
>is back alive by the end because STATUS QUO = GOD
>useless unimportant Rose subplot
>pic related happens

fucking CRINGE

The Rose subplot is going to be relevant later. Its called foreshadowing.

>useless subplot
>Christopher Priest book
Pick one.

>Why do comic journos have such shit taste?

Because publishers send them their comics early and for free.

They write too many bad reviews (or ANY bad reviews) and they'll be cut off.

Some sites find ways around it. Like IGN.

In the grading metric, they'll give it a 9 out of 10, but in the actual text of the review, they'll call it shit. Only the number grade gets counted toward online RT-style review metrics, so the companies don't care if the review is bad so long as the score is good.

they could've set up that entire subplot in half an issue.
wasting 2 or 3 pages in every issue for the last 3 months is stupid and unnecessary

>I was personally triggered by this issue which was much in line with all the other issues, so I have to act as if there was an objective and universal drop in quality
FTFY

There are like 9 subplots in the book. The whole thing is a mess of subplots, which is part of why it's great. Each issue essentially is 2 or 3 pages of different subplots together.

real talk, I don't even understand why anybody would want to read a review of a single chapter in an on going series in the first place. If only for their validation in their purchase. I don't review 25 minutes of a movie., I wouldn't even review a half hour of a tv series.

Tynion is such a fucking hack, I can't stand it.

I have yet to read a good comicbook reviewer. They all boil down to
>art is bad/mediocre/serviceable/good/amazing
>writing is bad/mediocre/serviceable/good/amazing

Nothing about the pacing, the dialogue flow, the panelling, in depth about the art or anything like that. Just very surface level reviews.

And then they give inflated scores where only the use 5-10 in the scores.

Saying that Deadstroke is good, even this issue. not 9/10 good but good.

Never forget that Newsarama gave Flinstones #3 (I think it was 3) a 3 out of 10 because "A major character dies and it's just shrugged off by the cast", missing the entire point they were trying to say.

Or how they gave the Worst X-Men #1 a bad review because "The main character shallowly judges girls he wants to date. What a superficial protagonist. Why should I care about him?"

What the hell has happened to our age of media? It's not about stories anymore, it's about "How visible are the black and gay people"

Are you paying for each 25 minute chunk of that film? That's the difference.

Part of this is because they're trying to sell you on the comic. If they break down the themes and panel to panel pacing, they're going to ruin your incentive to buy it. Sucks, I know.

Worst 1-3 was real strong, too bad it devolved into a garbage "Why I think X-Men is poo poo lame." story at the end and the Protagonist's naivete evolved into the whole comic becoming simple and boring.

Reminder that America #1 has an average critic rating of 8.5 after 20 reviews.

Both issues of America were chosen as picks of the week in my LCS. And #1 was a pick of the month as well