Thor:Ragnarok

youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

This is the best trailer we've had in years.

Even better than MoS trailer.

I didn't even care about Thor 1 and 2, but hell, this has all hype now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOGMQ-ySqOY
youtube.com/watch?v=nsqqa_-kh8A
screenrant.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trivia-facts-secrets/?view=all
moviepilot.com/posts/3775770
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Marvel learned from Flash and Deadpool. Embrace the source material, embrace the weird, and you'll make something amazing. If the CW can find the stones to add the speed force, alternate earths, and that fucking awesome King Shark, Marvel can give Hela her antlers.

I'm just glad they're finally doing the right thing by putting in some hard rock/metal.

The romance angle of the first was always a fucking mistake. The knock-off Lord of the Rings crap of the second, well, we saw what that brought. They should have constantly had lightning fueled power ballads rattling the windows when writing it.

What songs would you hope to drive the narrative, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=NOGMQ-ySqOY

Long shot, but I'd love to hear this rattle the theater.

I expect Ragnarok, not this crap.

GO. KILL. THE SAMURAI

Not hyped. Not even a single bit. I mean, the trailer is cool and all, but it lacks a soul. And I'm feeling since now that they're gonna push another romance sub-plot between Thor and Valkyrie. And mixing Ragnarok and Planet Hulk? That's gonna be a pain of a narrative mess.

Best things,though
>Cate Blanchet looks hella good in both forms
>Geff Goldblum is always fantastic
>WE'RE GETTING GJALLERBRU,FAGS!

A lot of people hate it here and especially on Sup Forums but I haven't seen my friends be this excited for a marvel movie since the first Guardians

I didnt even know I wanted heavy metal Thor until now

Funny this trailer made me immediately think of the Guardians.

>hate it here
as far as I can see, Sup Forums loves it, it's just Sup Forums that hates it for meme reasons like the start of the trailer

It has a Guardian vibe. I think Disney finally manage to come up with a "space" aesthetic with Guardians of the Galaxy, and they're gonna use it every time they go into space in their movies. Not that I'm complaining, Guardians is a great adventure/space-opera/superhero movie.
I just ask this not to be like Thor 2; I was all hyped because I really liked the first one (even though it isn't that good) and after 40 minutes I was already feeling like they owed me money.

>overplayed zeppelin shit
>plastic cheap-ass looking props and costumes
>return to Marvel Studios TM visuals w/ nothing interesting or original
>visual nods to Kirby and Simonson works with none of the content that made them worth anything

Honestly there's no bigger insult you could make to Walt Simonson's run on Thor as a story than making it a third sequel w/ no connection to prior build up and combining it with World War Hulk. Not to mention we're using the death of Skurge without any kind of build-up like we got with cursed Thor or any emotional impact, because a visual nod is more important amirite?

Oh wait, sorry I mean uh h-ha ha it sure looks g-great yeah.

As it should, Guardians set up the tone for cosmic shit. Why titty was a good choice

>Sup Forums loves it

impossible, see we aren't allowed to be excited for Marvel Movies or acknowledge they were great after they come out, because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out.

If a new Marvel Movie isn't an “Avengers tier” pop culture defining revolution then they claim it was a dud, that "People aren't even talking about it", that "I don't even know anyone who cares Marvel movies anymore", that "the bubble has burst." Chastising it with increasingly brazen parroted criticisms that dubiously never go into any more specifics or detail than what can be gleamed from the trailers.

All those box office bucks and records broken don't matter either, because making more money isn’t proof of quality, but when it comes to DC, "hey look at all the money BVS and SS made despite everyone claiming they were shit!"

And all the pop culture adoration for the MCU with everyone on social media, TV and the streets singing its praises doesn't count because popularity isn’t proof of quality, but, by god, you better believe there’s a sales chart waiting to be posted at a moment’s notice detailing Halloween Costume, Hot Topic and Toy sales should anyone doubt the DCEU’s popularity.

As for those critic reviews and movie aggregate sites, don’t bother bringing them up because “Disney bribes everyone with Mouse Money” and Rotten Tomatoes (despite being owned by Warner Bros) is clear proof of this, but at least we can still count on the Oscars (with judges who don't even watch most the movies awarded) to recognize true greatness.

And should you ever wear one of these trolls down into admitting or even implying the MCU is better than the DCEU that doesn’t mean jack squat because DC still has better Batman cartoons, better Batman comics, better Batman video games and better Batman Lego sets than Marvel.

>because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit
This is where the pasta falls apart.
Wanting a good movie=/=wanting 2OO1 a space Odyssey.

>better than mos trailer
holy fuck Sup Forums is absolutely filled with blinded shills, this trailer is power rangers tier, like all the marvel movie trailers.

shhh
Let them have their fleeting high.

and it's great! not like your black and white dark as f*ck JLosers trailer

If Zack snyder shat on your plate you'd smile and call it fine dining.

yikes

muh blur cgi, muh vigintillion shots per second, muh quips, muh shit dialogues, muh shit acting, muh shit color palette.

Cringe

REKT

dumb phoneposter

This looks like Thor is copying Guardians of the Galaxy. What a shit show the MCU has become.

Marvel's marketing department just takes titles that sound cool and slap them on movies that have nothing to do with the titles.

Normies, casuals and Sup Forumstumblr see no problem with this.

This. It feels cheap as fuck. Marvel's all style and no substance these days.

>He's a friend from work!

Would Thor really say that?

Hela is about the only interesting thing in this preview. But nope, they gotta ruin both Ragnarok and Planet Hulk.

Hope you enjoy what you get from this monkey paw.

Literal shill

>Long ago, in a distant land

>Marvel learned from Flash and Deadpool. Embrace the source material, embrace the weird, and you'll make something amazing. If the CW can find the stones to add the speed force, alternate earths, and that fucking awesome King Shark, Marvel can give Hela her antlers.

Go fuck yourself you CWshit eating permavirgin. The first Avengers movie was the first comic book film that fully embraced the source material and after that was when you got Deadpool and Flash. Do you really think they'd have done Flash if Avengers wasn't successful? Before Avengers CW was resigned to let Arrow stay a bragain bin version of NolanBats. The mental gymnastics going on in revisions like this is amazing especially considering Avengers was only back in 2012.

Isn't Thor a female character?

It looks cheap garbage with a humor appreciated only from very low IQ levels.

>The first Avengers movie was the first comic book film that fully embraced the source material
>The mental gymnastics going on in revisions like this is amazing especially considering Avengers was only back in 2012

>The first Avengers movie was the first comic book film that fully embraced the source material
pffft

>Even better than MoS trailer.

no

>Even better than MoS trailer.
Not all of the MoS trailers were even that good. There were early warning signs, and the "what was I supposed to do? Let them die?" "maybe" line first got out and created a shitstorm from one of them.

>embrace the weird

This is the secret

That weird shit isn't popular in comics for no reason, it's tried and tested

This is probably the closest thing to a Prince of Power movie I'm ever going to get, so I'll have to take it.

>>He's a friend from work!
>Would Thor really say that?

Movieverse Thor would absolutely say that

>Shit color palette

No

I would bet actual money this script started life as a PoP movie

>homeland gets destroyed
>but don't worry about that it's gonna be a funny comedy ;)

Lightness of tone =/= comedy.

romps + lightness of tone x quips = comedy2

Incorrect.

>Chain rattle
>Now I know you're wondering how I got myself in this situation
>Let me explain

Ah too bad, that's the wrong answer! It's actually correct I'm afraid

I actually was talking about this with the professor who teaches my Film Marketing class, and what he described to me is exactly what you guys are saying. Basically the Guardians of The Galaxy goofy-space adventure formula and aesthetic generated excellent returns with both focus groups and box office sales, so they took the Thor line of movies and tweaked the tone to a more successful model, away from the older more serious model.
They come up with dimensions for it, what they think worked in the successful model, and the dimensions that build that idea:
>stylized retro title card
>background music in the trailer
>color-grading
>showing adventure rather than dissecting the plot too much
It's all about numbers and revenue you guys, nothing more.

Sorry user, you're not on the short bus to Sup Forums, it's still incorrect.

Doesn't mean it can't be good. This is a case of separating the art and the artist, or at least the artistic facilities responsible for the finished product.

Flash fucking sucks, kill yourself faggot

>>He's a friend from work!
Yes, actually.

He's been spending quite a fair bit of time on Earth, so yeah, I wouldn't put it past him.

That's fine with me, I liked Guardians and I'd love to see more like it. I'm sure once they shove the tenth film of the same style down my throat I'll hate it, but for now it's great.

you what mate

I WANT TO HAVE CATE BLANCHETT SIT ON MY FACE

He's probably picked up some of Darryl's speech patterns.

So is Thor pulling off a reverse Matrix/Godfather?

The first two movies were totally unimpressive and average in every way imaginable, but this third movie actually looks intriguing.

youtube.com/watch?v=nsqqa_-kh8A

It looks like just unused concept art for Jakku costumes and people at Maz's cantina from The Force Awakens.

They've even got a scrap planet looking thing that's seems similar to what was one of the original ideas for what Jakku would look like.

Is this really what the comics looked like? It kind of seems like they want some synergy in perception between Marvel and the new Star Wars movie coming out at the tail end of Ragnarok's run.

>Is this really what the comics looked like?
No, but Hela and Skurge look pretty spot on.

>I THOR OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME, AND CAST HIM INTO THE MCU, WHERE FORMULAIC PLOTS AND QUIPS ARE LAW

>RAGNAROK
>go for a fun & lighthearted tone

Well why not

Is there anyone better than Marvel?

obviously not

screenrant.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trivia-facts-secrets/?view=all

During his year or so work on the film, Michael Arndt experimented with different plot points for the story. One discarded element would have featured Rey finding the wreckage of Death Star II under water. She would need to swim beneath to the Emperor’s personal observation tower to access his personal archives to find missing pieces of the map. Another proposed story would have found the characters racing to recover Darth Vader’s body. After J.J. Abrams came aboard to direct, the movie became the sort of New Hope throwback, abandoning a good deal of Arndt’s original story.

moviepilot.com/posts/3775770

Instead of Rey speeding across sandy plains, we could have seen her paddle through this dark and murky water in between ramshackle swamp houses made from scrap metal and salvaged objects. The swamp Jakku is pretty creepy, as junk walkers loom above the fog...

I feel like if there's one thing the internet should have learned by now it's to not trust trailers. Trailers are a marketing tool.

Thor was never serious, just bland.

we don't trust trailers

we trust Marvel

He looks like a young Ron Pearlman.

$0.05 has been deposited into your account.

Thanks for your hard work!

This honestly looks like a lot of fun. The last couple of Marvel films have been trying to be a little to heavy for me.

Can they just call it Raxus Prime like it is already? Jesus fuck.

Cool, glad we'll get to see it on a screen.

>The last couple of Marvel films have been trying to be a little to heavy for me.
Why is Sup Forums full of fucking pussies?

It's not that it upsets me, it's that they're trying to make men in spandex with super powers deeper then they actually are.

This movie looks like fucking shit. I knew once I saw the trailer Sup Forums would pop their tiny manchild boners for it because it looks "fun" and "wacky"

The set and costume design looks cheap as fuck. Thor's gladiator helmet looks like a cheap Walmart toy. The CGI has only gotten worse since Avengers 2. I'm sure it'll be quippy and funny, but that's all a capeshit movie needs to get a 99% on RT these days.

The only good thing about this movie from what I can tell is there is no more Kat Dennings, but even then they'll have to fill that quip-void with a new quip-bot I'm sure of it.

Also, not really a criticism, but how cool would it have been if they kept Hulk under wraps and away from the trailers? I'm sure the marketing team had a few meetings about it, until they did the math and realized they'd get a 12.3% viral view boost if they had Hulk in the trailer.

Capeshit is garbage. The cycle continues.

Do you even read comics or are you just on Sup Forums to discuss your biannual MCU flick? Super heroes have always been a tool for writers to tell stories with deeper meanings. It's not just quips, crossovers, and ebin 5 minute fight scenes.

having cheap costumes is good. it makes it easier to make costumes of the characters for cosplay, cheaper to buy costumes for halloween, and often cheaper to reproduce the costumes in video games and as toys.

The fact that I don't know if you're trolling or shilling is pretty hilarious. Bravo, user.

Yeah fuck off Dannyboy

Agreed

I played this at work for 3 people.

Not Sup Forums but /vg/: "That is badass" Hyped

Mid 20's fan of marvel movies: Shouts "Yes!" as he watches the trailer. Hyped.

Indian gal who's never seen a marvel flick, "That movie looks fun."

Just three examples, but everyone I know who's seen the trailer is pretty jazzed.

Watchmen is the closest to that

Whine about it more. That will fix everything.

You're welcome. If you want a job opp, I got you covered.

What a waste of quads.

>Super heroes have always been a tool for writers to tell stories with deeper meanings

>It's not just quips, crossovers, and ebin 5 minute fight scenes

Christ, how many comics has your 13 year old ass actually read? Or do you just wank to The Dark Knight Returns and desperately try to make your English teacher read it to convince him it's "real literature".

Seriously, in like almost 100 years of capeshit only about 2 books have ever even come close to being called "literature" and one of them was written by a guy who thinks the medium is bullshit and childish.

Yeah, I'm much more hyped for this than any other capeshit this year. Guardians might be fun. WW, Homecoming, and JL all look passe

None of these posts contained a counter argument.

Why did you even bother replying, shills?

Nigger they basically just replaced Blade's personality with Snipes' real life one.

>Seriously, in like almost 100 years of capeshit only about 2 books have ever even come close to being called "literature" and one of them was written by a guy who thinks the medium is bullshit and childish.

I never said they succeeded, shit for brains. That's just how comics are. The vast majority fall flat, but that's what comic books are. Comic book movies (capeshit) are just comedy-action flicks using comic book IPs for brand recognition. They are thematically different.

Opposite for me. Definitely the cheapest, shittiest, most rehashed looking capeshit of the year.

Not surprised though, Thor has always been the worst of the MCU movies.

>I would bet actual money this script started life as a PoP movie

Then give me your money, it started as Planet Hulk.

Where's Doc Strange?

> Friend

> Work

Sup Forums users will find it even harder to relate to Thor.

if there's no beta ray bill, I don't care

I dont get the hype at all: its more souless marvel shit

at a beyonce concert

We /kirby/ now