But the show’s mastermind teases...

>But the show’s mastermind teases, “It’s something that I wanted to do in animation and I don’t think it’s ever been done to this level or the level that I’m hoping that we’re doing it.”

>Proceeds to deliver stale teacher-student trope which isn't even balanced due to boredom that Ashi provides with her flat character
>There are no real stakes, Jack goes back to his funny old self after killing bunch of youngsters and befriends one of them because he decided that that particular one has a privilege to stay alive even if she's the same as the rest.

Genndy's magnum opus right here.

Dont you get tired of making all these bait threads?

Give him a break it's the best he could do.
Genndy is a hack that can barely remember his own show's storyline. He relies on tropes and scenery to cover for the bad plot and flintstones tier animation.
I can't fathom why samurai jack fans parade jack around as some kind of mature, deep masterpiece. Even as a kid I knew the show was shallow.
Don't get me wrong I liked the show in the same way I liked dexters lab, it was a fun time waster for a kid. As soon as I discovered anime it became apparent how shallow jack was. If you compare it to any serious anime you'll know what I mean. The fight scenes were ruined by the stiff animation and serious moments were ruined by cheap stock sounds and obnoxious voice acting.
The revival has taken on a more serious tone, but still suffers from the same problems. The animation is cheap and riddled with errors, the sound effects are stock and the writing is subpar. Compare Jack to berserk, it's clear that Jack is nowhere near that quality.
How anyone could be sad about episode 4 being delayed is beyond me, I don't understand how anyone could put this show on a pedestal. I guess that speaks more about the dry spell of good cartoons in the west than it does them though.
He honestly should have stayed at sony making adam sandler movies.

Aren't you tired of posting the same shit every thread? We get it, you are too stupid to see any glaring issues so you have to respond to any kind of criticism in calling it bait.

I don't really agree that anime is that much better, sometimes it's much better when it comes to animation (Afro Samurai), sometimes it's better in other stuff. I agree on Berserk, although it's quite different from Samurai Jack.

They could have incorporated at least some adult themes to make it look less silly. I too just don't understand why would they go back to silly Jack immediately after his murder rampage and his whole wrecked psyche thing. It feels just poorly executed.

>You will never be so buttmad as to make several threads in a row with the same lazy, autistic complaints.

>befriends one of them because he decided that that particular one has a privilege to stay alive even if she's the same as the rest.

The others made their choice when Jack was in full Warrior mode. The fall disoriented him, which gave him time to think instead of having to fight for survival. That's why he was hallucinating the Crows shouting Murderer/Killer at him, and also why we saw him constantly moving from battle to battle in previous episodes. Jack is never truly alone, because his guilt follows him wherever he goes; in the dark and quiet times of his life when he isn't in the heat of battle, they well up out of his soul and berate him for not doing more.

That's true but it felt weird to see Jack contemplating about Ashi's reasoning so soon. It should have been brought up in the next episode.

>responding to pasta

It's funny to think that Guts was furious like a mad dog when Griffith killed his comrades and raped his girlfriend in short span of time, yet you see Jack being just annoyed at Aku who destroyed his home, enslaved his people and made him rot for over 50 years in a world full of evil.

What makes you think it's the same guy spamming these threads?

Its bait because you could have posted on any other SJ thread, instead of making a new one. A new thread with the same old,debunked or speculative complains of the last 10 threads, by the way.

Genndy is not good at creating believable characters nor plots, what did you expect?

>but women don't talk to me so i'm going to shitpost relentlessly

>Jack goes back to his funny old self after killing bunch of youngsters and befriends one of them because he decided that that particular one has a privilege to stay alive even if she's the same as the rest.

Jack never wanted to kill them in the first place. He ONLY fought them because there were too many to capture alive. Now they're no longer a threat.

Also, he had no idea just how fucked up they were mentally.

He could have killed Ashi like the rest but he didn't because reasons

Unless you are implying that he didn't kill her because she was the last one, which is dumb, because he let her fall in the last episode.

He was feeling guilty. Aishi and her sisters were only a threat as a unit. Aishi alone was pathetic he was planning to just leave her in the middle of the forest but then he realized how fucked in the head they all were.

>He could have killed Ashi like the rest but he didn't because reasons

He initially did kill her like the rest.

>>Unless you are implying that he didn't kill her because she was the last one, which is dumb, because he let her fall in the last episode.

In a kind of apathetic way. By the time she was the last one left, he wasn't particularly aggressive or actively trying to kill her.

He went from being willing to kill her to being apathetic about the idea of killing her to wanting to save her.

Season 5 is the best season so far

so all complains are not relevant

>what is season 4
>what is season 3

but yeah ashi rocks dude the best season hell fucking yeah epic