Who the fuck thought it'd be a good idea to hire a 42 year old woman to voice a 14 year old girl?

Who the fuck thought it'd be a good idea to hire a 42 year old woman to voice a 14 year old girl?

I guess you've never seen Th Middle cause I thought she was 19 or 20 now

obviously this is bait but the VA would've been 21 when recording for the earliest episodes began (born in December 1991)

if someone can sound like that as a young adult than it's not unrealistic that a teenager could too

Next time don't repost the the thread word-for-word, OP

It doesn't matter as much for girl characters since girls voices never change that much. For boys though, they have to either hire a woman to voice them or an actual kid. The best example of voice acting gone wrong is Dipper from Gravity Falls. We was supposed to be like 13 but he sounded like a 38 year old man.

Dipper and Star's voices are fine. They both fit their personalities.

Young VAs nearly always suck like the ones in The Loud House.

Lincoln's first VA was really good. The second one sucks though. And as annoying of a character Clyde is, his VA is good.

It's Sue Heck from the middle

Had this thread alrdy...

dippers VA is god awful and doesn't even sound close to a 12 year old. Sounds like an adult just talking.

I'm more confused at why some teams are so obsessed with having child characters be voiced by actual kids. There's no evidence that it makes the show better or more successful, and it causes a lot more problems in the long run with their inevitable aging.

It's evidence of the crew's commitment to the show. Avatar, for example, made a point of using only age-appropriate voice actors, and it is still the best cartoon series of all time.

People who are aware of the fact 14 year old girls can't voice act for shit?

How hard can it be to just use your speaking voice?

>Sounds like an adult just talking.
And it suits him. Dipper was too mature for his age while Mabel was too childish for her age.

Voice acting requires some skill, it's not that simple. Not everyone can be a good voice actor.

Sure, but you can't seriously be saying that all 14-year-old girls lack the skill to be VAs.

parsley sage rosemary and more sage

Except he looked ridiculously young. Remember this?

Who the fuck thought it'd be a good idea to hire a 44 year old woman to voice a 10 year old boy?

Rather different social contexts there, don't you think? Also I think Dipper's problem was more with his height than age. Aang isn't half as tall as Katara.

Who thought it was a good idea for an 80 year old woman to voice Goku in DBS

But that's what I'm saying. He looked much younger but sounded much older. Big mismatch.