>badass character in electronic suit with voice changer/muffled voice
>it's a woman

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NotWhatItLooksLike
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Islamists gets hired to illustrate comic books
>he subtly inserts terrorist propaganda into them

Every time.

I am starting to wonder if you know what a trope is...

>Female villain
>Always has justifiable cause to be "evil"
>Half the time she ends up joining the good guys after they "sort everything out"
I want more female villains who are downright psychotic for no good reason. While its not a cartoon, Claire Underwood started out on the right path, but lo and behold...

Man you must've hated the Samus reveal.

Of all companies it seems only fucking Disney pulls the unambiguously evil female thing

>Cruella De Vil
>Maleficent
>Ursula the Sea Witch
>That old bag from Tangled whose name I can't recall

>Black character
>Has electric superpowers

>even in anime.

Why dose this exist

>I want more female villains who are downright psychotic for no good reason.
Pic related. Also, she is a rare good example of . It just works in her case for whatever reason.

Dont diss my boy static shock fuck you

>character gains a powerful ability or technique
>they never use it again

nah they re-wrote maleficent to be a "tragic" character that turned evil due to worthless men and betrayal

(despite her powers coming from the devil)

>"Now you shall deal with me, oh prince, and all the powers of hell!"
>"powers of hell"

still wrote it so its not all her fault.
yup disney

what anime

>static shock
HIS NAME IS STATIC GOD FUCKING DAMMIT AAAAAAAAAAA

>villain does an attack that is basically a one shot/kill all move
>gets selective amnesia and forgets about this attack while battling the protagonist

>Established couple (typically the MC and love interest) is shown repeatably building trust and bonds between each other.
>Some yandere seductress/succubus adversary incapacitates and physically restrains MC
>MC is clearly shown trying to resist the advances of the succubus.
>Succubus kisses MC while his female love interest get's mad at him for breaking fidelity.
>He's physically restrained and incapable of breaking free.

Its more of a Sup Forums & Sup Forums trope but

>teen character changes VA
>Sounds like a fucknig child

Another example where the whole voice changing thing worked really well IMO (even though the character wasn't that badass, more just pragmatic and willing to kill) is a certain Batman villain I am not going to name due to spoilers. Go watch Batman: TAS and everything related to it. It's a pretty good reveal even if you see it coming.

you're thinking of static's monster

TAWOG just keeps doing this shit.

>X-men villain
>Always has justifiable cause to be "evil"
>Half the time ends up joining the x-men

>badass character
>it's not actually badass BECAUSE LOL WACKY SUBVERSIONS

Nice one

To be fair, they are children

Not Sup Forums, but fucking Lusamine man. Nasty, psycho bitch who manages to be hardcore for a Pokémon villain... and she's an innocent victim of jellyfish drugs. Goddamn it Game Freak.

On-topic, I'm not a fan of the "the one girl among the group is the straight man exasperated by those dumb boys" trope. Really grinds my gears.

I hate it when characters run off without giving people a chance at an explanation. Is there a name for this trope? Because it sucks.

>small, seemingly weak character is actually a very skilled fighter
I despise this trope with a passion.

>Nihilego is Poison/Rock because it's a representation for crystal meth, which is real drug problem in Hawaii, which is what the region is based off of.

Characters being stupid when it serves the plot gets really annoying. I kind of wish the people behind rationalist fanfiction that try to fix this shit got to write for real comics, cartoons or live-action superhero movies/TV. Imagine a show where everyone is smart, always uses their powers to the max and thinks about clever ways to exploit each others' limitations.

JoJo

I actually really like the trope where a character stumbles ass-backwards into glory/infamy and a reputation as a great/powerful/fearless badass
Like Angel Densetsu.

>Imagine a show where everyone is smart, always uses their powers to the max and thinks about clever ways to exploit each others' limitations.

Examples?

If Wander got another season, she would have been at least partially redeemed/reformed.

>last minute of the movie before credits
>wedding/award ceremony/dance party
>huge crowd of people
>silly sidekick character locks eyes with an attractive girl
>she shares a choice in apparel, physical feature, or interest or hobby with said sidekick
>she bats her eyes, guaranteed
>he kisses, hugs, dances, or flirts with her
>all just so the audience knows he won't be alone for the rest of his life like the rest of us

Somewhat related:
>Small / Cutesy character
>Has the most monstrous voice/roar/scream // Listens to Heavy Metal

JUMP GOOD

I don't necessarily have anything against this trope, I just don't know why it exists. What's the relation between black people and electricity?

Is it really that good? I'm kind of skeptical of Shonen characters having a sound mind. I hope you understand.

Except for Okuyasu.

Sad!

He's not dumb, just slow

It's not a series about power levels, if that's what you're concerned about
Every enemy in it is a huge threat

>Game Freak makes a zebra pokèmon
>It's an electric type

Of course it was meant to parallel rapidash, but it's still a funny coincidence.

I love my big goof son

Araki is one of those writers who has a million crazy ideas for interesting fights and superpowers, sometimes this leads to him writing himself into a corner and having to solve conflicts in really contrived or half-assed ways. Other times it leads to some of the greatest fight scenes ever written, bar none.

The fact that everyone has such weird and original powers also means that it's almost never a question of power level faggotry. Fights are less about simply being strogner and more about creativity and planning.

>character overhears/sees another character saying/doing something whilenot being serious
>character believes another character is serious, gets upset, runs off, and/or causes drama
>if character stayed just five extra seconds everything would have been explained and there would have been no reason to be upset
>thus the dumb episode would have no reason to be made

>Character is ugly and an asshole
>Character get's becomes a better person and redeems themselves.
>Character is no longer ugly

best-yasu

I understand how that tropecan be annoying, I saw it before and I noticed but it's not really the thing it self but the feeling that you can tell the creators are just going look! Look! We are feminist! And progressive! Please like us!

You just broke Part 5 down to its bare components.

>black characters are considered "hip" and "urban"
>electricity is considered one of, if not the, most urban powers since everything in the city is powered by electricity

>Montage / Clip about Girl / Woman changing the aspect and attitude of an already ok man.
>Nothing wrong here.

>Man tries to tell a woman he would like her to be different in just one certain aspect.
>Episode's lesson goes around on how wrong that is, since every woman is already perfect as how they are

>Jewish character
>everyone treats them like abnormal human being
>none of the good guys call him/her out for being rotten and ruining the world with their greed and sneakiness

>but why
You just explained it.
People like for characters they like to get happy ends.
Its prevalence is pretty overblown and a majority of characters that have it are typically based on Black Lightning in some form.
>Lloyd in Space
>Has crush on girl
>Finds out she has a second head who's an ugly bitch
>She's actually a bitch too not just bitch as in a general term for women
>He spends the whole episode stomaching her bullshit for the nice pretty head but finally blows up
>HE'S THE ASSHOLE

>character is ugly and friendly
>character switches sides, becomes uglier
>switches back, is still just as ugly
best subversion of that trope by far

>characters are nice to each other and usually don't give a shit about their differences
>in one episode suddenly everyone's an asshole and split off into teams based on gender then compete to prove which one is better

I don't care about who wins, this shit is just always out of character for everyone.

I hate this trope in the very bottom of my heart, not because of how tedious it is, but the way it ruined my social life since I couldn't speak with anyone about almost anything because I though such trope would affect me too, so I stayed silent during my whole childhood so I couldn't hurt anyone's feelings

>The obligatory "side character overhears and misunderstands what MC is saying and now the side character hates MC" episode that every cartoon has

For what purpose.

>Make extremely OP Stand
>Give it to an idiot
It's kind of a good thing when you think about it

in his pants

Hey, remember when Joseph sat on his ass for 50 chapters instead of using Purple Hermit to locate Kira?

>female villain is redeemed
>hero only makes the effort to redeem a villain because she's a woman

Wasn't that explained? I haven't read part 4 in a long time.

>implying his strategy to shut down Red Hot Chilipeppers' user wasn't a stroke of genius.

D4C's original ability was to merge universes together before Araki retconned it 5 minutes later
Mind you, he had over 20 years of experience at that point

That man's all about style and entertainment and won't let silly thing like consistency get in the way

And McLovin!

>Character gets put in awkward situation or is humiliated
>Played off for laughs

God, I fucking hate awkward/cringe humor. It just makes me cringe and feel embarrassed for the character.

>smart character
>has OCD

Lightning clashes well with black skin, as does wind.

but gero isn't ugly

In naruto there is an entire village full of black people (not even ambigusly brown but Black people, a pretty major character being a big Wu- tang reference) who all have lightning techniques

One character even has black lightning that takes the form of a black panther.

In Bleach Yuroichi transformes into a lightning cat as well.

In soul Eater a kid on the B-team has a 2 partners that turning into lightnjng and fire gloves.

Im sure theres more if i look

>"She's a girl so we should treat her better, it wasn't her fault anyway, she's just a girl being manipulated by a man"

Just once I want an evil cunt that I can really root for.

Not Sup Forums, but this fucking sitcom's hypocrisy:

>Boys are rating the girls in a scale of 1-10
>Girls are disgusted
>They go with the protagonist
>>"THAT'S DISGUSTING, MEN CAN'T RANT WOMEN LIKE IF THEY WERE OBJECTS"

>In another episode she uses one boy to make her friend to cause jealous on another boy.
>>"I know it's wrong to use him this way, but hey, that's what he gets for dressing ugly."

Also
>Sister makes Zombie the theme for the School's Halloween Party
>The other one changes it to "Brown", since it's the most horrifying color because it doesn't match with anything.
>Sister gets mad, but after various AU shenanigans, she's put into the wrong because she should support her idea.

Might have something to do with electric powers being bright and flashy which contrasts well with darker colored skin.

>tfw they ruined Maleficent
>tfw she it's canon that she doesn't even turn into a dragon anymore
Fuck you Disney!

I'm guessing you hated cartoon Terra?

Cersei Lannister?

He probably means the black charters in Naruto from Village Hidden in the Cloud(weed).

You're thinking of Mother Gothel. Her sole drive is to be young forever so she's the perfect example of psycho crazy

Not that I'm aware of, no.

That's a very annoying trope, not slightly annoying.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NotWhatItLooksLike

Oh, and cartoon Jinx I guess?

TVTropes calls it Poor Communication Kills.

Okuyasu from Jojo

Black people love to ZAP to the extreme.

>One character could easily solve the problem at hand
>Doesn't for some extremely contrived reason like "my powers don't work on the 25th of August"

Except she's a terrible character in a terrible show.

>male character falls in love with female villain
>this somehow redeems the villain and makes them stop being evil despite the fact they spend little to no time together

Part 4 had some strange fucking character art-shifts.

Like that one guy who changed from a massive, muscled delinquent to a midget otaku.

This is why I hate the Harry Potter movies finale. Luna deserves better than that.

Samurai Jack?

>demon stone

what a bitch.

Also
>Girls side always wins in just about every competition, despite the fact every other episode shows the girls and boys are more or less equal in terms of ability
I think KND was the only show that every did a girls vs. boys episode decently.

>Girls vs. Boys episode
>All the boys are raging woman haters out of nowhere where in literally other episode they were fine with girls

Not really, but what I said would still apply even if it were true.

>Oh, but that would be a wrong way to solve this

This so fucking much

What's wrong with a female character just being evil or greedy or shit?