What's with all the East vs West threads today...

What's with all the East vs West threads today? I tend to see them on here from time to time but this is the first time I've seen so many of them on the same day.

Usually whenever there's a bunch of discussion about a certain anime over on Sup Forums there's leakage over here.

I think today it was just one particular thread that got a bunch of people in a shitposting mood. I don't know if that animu Your Name or whatever it's called had anything that made it a major topic on Sup Forums today or not.

East vs. West is like the most classic troll technique on Sup Forums.

How would a week of Sup Forums + Sup Forums merge go?

I think the problem is that Japan doesn't really have the 'animation is for children' stigma that has only recently been abolished in the West. Therefore, they have produced more mature (or immature) animated works than we have. However, making generalizations and definitively saying one is better than the other is stupid.

Shitposting at first
eventually back to usual with lots of generals

It would become incredibly toxic

Weebs are always trying to weasel in and make off topic threads on all boards, but they got #btfo in a thread earlier so they're spitting mad right now.

AFAIK Japan doesn't really even have a TV industry for adults outside of anime.

So whereas adults in America watch HBO shows, over there they get that type of entertainment from certain anime, though again AFAIK even mature anime is seen as a niche thing.

Really though at the end of the day it's just two completely different cultures with different entertainment industries, different population sizes, and so on that you can't really compare directly that way.

But this is all just repeating stuff they're saying in the other thread.

I feel like there's been lots of East v West the last few days. Every day I've seen someone screeching about how anime and cartoons should never be lumped together or compared.
It's all animation for fucks sake, let's try to get along.

It's not just that. Japan tends to have better writers.

Western writing, even for adults, almost always comes off as somewhat juvenile even when "deep".

The mods would lose their shit. Especially since Sup Forums is elitist as fuck

It's because people keep talking about how Samurai Jack is one of the best western cartoons, so others are trying to put Samurai Jack fans and western animation fans down.

And this is the kind of shitposting that is the reason why Sup Forums vs Sup Forums threads are so successful at baiting.

That and the Sup Forumsustist that can't shut up about their Body Swap "masterpiece" have been kicked out of Sup Forums and are trying to find refuge somewhere else.

However, I think I speak for all of Sup Forums and will use Sup Forums's famous line:
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

It would make my life a little more convenient
I browse both anyway

It's not fucking shitposting. Go watch some high-quality anime, and then watch Avatar (generally regarded as the cartoon with the most depth to it, especially in Book 2). It's still there.

>Japan tends to have better writers
user, my main source of entertainment is anime, I chug 4-12 anime each season and even I'm calling bullshit on that.

But that's fun bait. Some people from Sup Forums actually unironically think that.

I wouldn't complain. I don't go to Sup Forums but Japan doesn't have different words for local and foreign cartoons it's just elitist westerners wanting to make their hobby special.
Honestly we're far too tolerant of things that should be Sup Forums here, reporting all of the one punch man who would beat him threads and whatever else is leaking over or merging both together would help.

>Better writers

Not necessarily. In more mature shows, sure, but can you honestly tell me Generic Harem Anime #452 is any better than, say, Hunchback of Notre Dame? Likewise, there's no way you could ever say that Generic Webcomic-style 'funny' cartoon #220 is better written than Fate/Stay Night. There is both trash and treasure on both sides of the pond. Personally, I think preferring one over the other is cancerous. If you enjoy it or it's good, that's fine.

I'm talking about high-quality anime only. High-quality cartoons essentially do not exist, and nowadays medium-quality cartoons don't really exist either.

>so others are trying to put Samurai Jack fans and western animation fans down.

The only people who are doing that are the retards who think you can only like one thing. I see a portion of the Jack fans doing it too. In every one of those fucking threads they shit on SU or RnM or whatever else is popular right now. Most of Sup Forums probably watches a little bit of everything though.

Sup Forums being bored and trying to shitpost as always, today they seem more bored than usual tb̛h̨ senpai

That's wrong and you know it. There may not be many good new cartoons, but there are high-quality western animations.

Sup Forums - Comic Books (including manga)
Sup Forums - Animation

That would legitimately be one of the stupidest ideas and I don't know why people keep suggesting it. Most anime is manga adaptations and some cartoons are also based on comic books.

>There may not be many good new cartoons, but there are high-quality western animations.