youtu.be/QCc094k_D78
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

to THIS?!!

stop

God this show looks hideous what the fuck man

Don't watch it then

These are both awful?

A bowtie.

Because the creators are free spirits or some bullshit and character rules are for the man.

People who post Steven Universe bait threads should be dragged out into the street and shot

>Enitre episode built around Peridot getting an ayy lmao toy
>She later rips its neck open and leaves it floating forgotten in a pool of water

Don't take the bait, user

It doesn't look as bad in motion but its still pretty bad that Sugar doesnt have the balls to tell her storyboarders to buckle the fuck down.

>its only bad because its this one specific show

No, we've been doing the exact same thing with Rick and Morty and Samurai Jack, too

To a lesser extent, Star vs., but those seem to have petered out

Also,
>It doesn't look as bad in motion but its still pretty bad that Sugar doesnt have the balls to tell her storyboarders to buckle the fuck down.

Yeah, this. You know the reason Peridot lost her limb enhancers? It wasn't for any real purpose, it was because Sugar was was tired of how poorly the borders drew them and decided to just get rid of them instead of actually direct

>tfw starting a small business and am hiring complete strangers instead of friends I know need jobs and having minimum contact beyond making sure they aren't fucking up for this reason

looney tunes has way better animation than most shows out today

Is there ANY creature who could even pose a challenge to Bugs? Other than Popeye?

Like this?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-r_KUHq8M

Generally if Bugs is too smug over his victory (and becomes unsympathetic) he loses too.

Yes, along with all the phone posters too.

>You know the reason Peridot lost her limb enhancers? It wasn't for any real purpose, it was because Sugar was was tired of how poorly the borders drew them and decided to just get rid of them instead of actually direct
God I want that to be false.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Who would have thought a short show with a much larger budget per episode would have higher production value?

Even tumblr agress that the off-modelling has gone too far. If that isn't a sign to stop I don't know what is.

where's amethyst's right eye?

It was about discovering her powers and you know it. But yea, Peri is a user and abuser.

Source?

sure, but thats not going to fix its ugly art

Well they didn't have any of them thar fancy computer machines, canadian hipsters, or koreans to do things on the cheap.

budget has jack shit to do with animation quality quit fucking parroting this meme.

Why is there metal in Connie's skirt?

This looks like a scene from a YouTube parody where they animate Steven and amethyst walk into the scene and criticize a frozen Peridot

You're looking at it.

>"and over here we have a screeching garbage gremlin about to perform coitus on a sentient flying waterballoon"
>"i cant believe i almost wanted to tap that"

Help me, Sup Forums.

I finally met someone I can talk with about SU, but all his opinions are fucking idiotic. He ships lapidot, keeps messaging me because his favourite lapidot fanfic is getting updating/not being updated, and genuinely thinks Lapis and Peridot have gone through great "character development". Worst of all, because he binge-watched the series last month and hasn't been affected by the constant hiatus, he thinks the Steven Bomb format is good and should be done more often.

If the shit episodes we've had this season don't kill my interest for this show, this guy will.

do the artists have some sort of constant ever deepening toddlercon fetish?

I'm not sure why you're making a big deal out of your friend. If he says that they both have development, it's his personal perspective. If it bugs you that your friend messages you constantly about the fanfic he wants updates of so much, just explain it to him in an honest matter instead of complaining about it. Also, if he binged the episodes in the regular order and hasn't been going with the hiatus, of course he's gonna think that the Bomb is effective. Not exactly his fault for not watching it live.

That's not even the worst example. SU has some of the most consistent off-model I've ever seen.

So what, animation doesn't cost money now?

>Requiring standards

FUCK YOU FOR LIMITING YOUR STORY BOARDERS, user

Animation costs money but no amount of cash can buy an understanding of consistency and perspective.

Even when Evangelion was low on cash they still kept character's sizes consistent for the most part

I mean, it can always be worse

This even when they literally had like almost 3 days to make an episode they kept their proportions

I didn't know there were plans for a Mr. Men and Little Miss series

I will never get this.
What is it in the artstyle that looks unnapealing? My best guess is on the eyes and monster hands, but that's not even that much of a deal.

It's bait my dude

I can imagine reasons the designs don't look appealing to some, and niggas are welcome to that opinion

Most of the time it's just autists trying to start shit or bigger autists that get triggered and can't express themselves in human terms beyond screeching

You mean her left?

>Moving the goalposts
You claimed budgets have nothing to do with animation quality (when they absolutely do), not that budget has nothing to do with being on model. The final episodes of Eva look like complete shit compared to the ones before, the whole episodes were just lazy. Episode 9 of Panty and Stocking is on model but it was animated like ass due to budgetary problems.

>muh round shapes

it's shit

You know how

It's very simple and surprisingly realistic compared to other shows which use the same style.

SU's artstyle is good, but the storyboarders are shit.

tight planning + efficient delegation + dramatic slow pans or static character scenes with just talking requiring little to no additional drawings = you got yourself an episode!

>posting a picture of Bugs Bunny in an attempt to argue for character rules

Mofo, you can pinpoint the director of a Bugs Bunny cartoon by a single frame he was drawn so damn differently.

Undoubtedly SU plays fast and loose with the art style and it could be argued in a show that's on some level supposed to be serialized should be more standard compared to something that's meant to be episodic but still. Classic Warner Bros. are a prime example of an artist leaving their mark on a character.

imo its kinda neat sometimes to see different boarders' styles but in SU's case they just have way too much freedom and/or no one telling them when they draw something shitty

I think Clarence's super diverse cast is pretty charming. It at least tries to set itself apart from most shows on CN by having bizarre character designs for every minor background character.

Several of them look like failed abortions.

>wreck

It is true that Sugar was pissed at her boarders for being lazy and uncreative with the floating fingers. A couple of times Peridot does actually cool stuff with them and that's all Sugar.

G A R B A G E

Sugar hired a bunch of her worthless stoner buddies from Cal Arts and can't fire them because they're her friends.

Nice job fucking the one thing of any worth you've made Sugar.

She didn't even go to Cal Arts

Is misinfo the latest fad in SU bait?

The difference is that the artists working on the WB shorts were SKILLED enough to draw Bugs differently and it was still all appealing. Bob Clampett, Tex Avery, and Chuck Jones all drew very good looking Bugs Bunnies even though they were all different.

In the case of OP, both the drawings are horrible to look at regardless of whether or not this is on or off model, so it looks way worse than it should. A GOOD example of having the "artists touch" for Steven Universe is when you can tell the differences between Paul Villeco, Jeff Liu, Rebecca Sugar, Lauren Zuke, and Ian JQ. They all had little signatures but they still drew the characters in a solid fashion that, even though they tweaked the proportions, hair, or whatever ever so slightly, it wasn't bad looking.

As opposed to Lamar or The Asian whose art was awful regardless.

>Mofo, you can pinpoint the director of a Bugs Bunny cartoon by a single frame he was drawn so damn differently.
You can't always do that with Steven Universe, though. There's been several occasions where the designs in SU were off-model WITHIN THE SAME DAMN EPISODE.

Nice job comparing animation legends with decades of experience to each of them, to a first time showrunner and her less experienced crew.
>Lauren Zuke
Not a good example of art quality. Why put her in the same sentence as the other more experienced and skilled members? Her drawings are too generic to be distinguished for its style like the others. Raven or Joe are far better examples.
>The Asian
Irrelevant and ancient history. She boarded 10 episodes out of the show's nearly 125 episode count. That's barely a scratch, and hardly a contribution to SU's decline.

for me it's mostly the nose of steven that made me cringe throughout the first season and before. It's just so incredible stupid looking, i can't imagine why anyone would ever design such a design on purpose

I never compared WB directors to Steven Universe faggot, I kept the comparisons of each thing to themselves. I never said dick about their skill level next to animation legends or anything of the sort that you made up in your head.

And Zuke does have slight distinguishable traits to the way she draws characters. Her drawings are solid enough to be good and the little details of her giving characters messier hair or bigger eyes is still something that people catch on to with "her". And I never said The Asian worked on the show anymore, hell, I never even spoke about the decline of Steven or gave a specific time period of the show. I only spoke in general how she drew the characters too poor to be considered charming because you could identify who drew it.

Nothing that you said negates anything that I said.

the fingers bit isn't misinfo, that's an actual thing she's said in interviews
Peridot did interesting things with her fingers in her brief appearance in Warp Tour, especially making that screen
In Marble Madness they literally just copied that, it was boring
I don't think she does anything interesting with them again until Catch and Release, when Sugar boarded the scene where she's stressed out and has her use her fingers like the independent little rods that they are to pull at her hair and face

>Gilben
So that's the little fuckers name. I've only watched Clarence 3 times but his weird 2D angling really pisses me off.

I love Kimby

Gilben is canonically some sort of darklord with telekinesis and easily the creepiest Clarence character, no joke.

I'm gonna need some sort of citation on this...
I already believe you though.

bye bye lemon hamsters

Or if he's the outright antagonist of the scene, or theres someone goofier than him. The Gremlin always kicked his ass by simply OUT wackying Bugs

youtu.be/QCc094k_D78

They deserved a Viking funeral for they died honorably in battle, but instead they got dumped in the ocean like trash.

We'all I mean fat people are objectively disgusting

Steven isn't even that much fat in recent episodes though. There isn't even many genuine fat characters in the show.

It's not a very good reason to shit on the show senpai.

What he means is that you can throw as much money as you want at the SU crew and quality won't increase because they lack the skills to do better.

Can animation get any lazier than SU?