'Thor: Ragnarok' Trailer Is Marvel and Disney's Most Watched Ever in 24 Hours

What went right?

>The Beauty and the Beast trailer was the previous 24 hour record-holder for Disney with 127.6 million views. Star Wars: The Force Awakens was viewed 112 times in that time frame. Captain America: Civil War held the previous Marvel record with 94 million views.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thor-ragnarok-trailer-is-marvel-disneys-watched-ever-24-hours-992978

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor:_Ragnarok
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_(film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good word of mouth, I suppose. It does look amazing, an appealing visual style does wonders. Add to that that it doesn’t spoil you and actually makes you know the rest of the story,

seems reasonable since it is the best trailer of all time

>The Ragnarok trailer doesn’t hold the most viewed overall record. The trailer for New Line’s adaptation of Stephen King’s It was viewed 197 million times in the 24 hours after its March 29 release, while Fate of the Furious was eyeballed 139 million times.

If Ragnarok is good I kinda hope Thor is the Avenger who lives and stays with the team all the way to the end of the MCU, even if Tony and Cap die

>movie with a really good trailer

NOW I'm worried

Another Billion dollar movie for the mouse god

>The Ragnarok trailer doesn’t hold the most viewed overall record. The trailer for New Line’s adaptation of Stephen King’s It was viewed 197 million times in the 24 hours after its March 29 release, while Fate of the Furious was eyeballed 139 million times
FUCK WARNER BROS and fuck Paramount

I wonder how well Fate of the Furious will do. At first I thought the last one only did so well because of Paul Walker, but I think this one will be a huge hit too. China really loves the franchise.

Don't be

These people actually know what they're doing

All they had to do was get rid of the faggy long hair, based.

>just like the first two thor films!

Please stop.

The first two are good what are you talking about?

STAR WARS BTFO!

How is the trailer getting such high praise?

It looks so cheap.

>James Gunn was right
I hope he's also right about Guardians vol 2.

>just like the first two thor films!
Yeah, about that:

>Hello Taika. In Making Thor 3, did you make efforts to make it similar or dissimilar to the previous Thor films? As in, did you try to maintain the same elements, or did you try to make it more unique? Thanks
> I made an effort to ignore the fact there are other Thor films.

I don't have the pic.

It'll cross a billion for sure but it won't outgross "Furious 7".

Some people are a bit turned off by plot developments so that might slow it down a bit.

it looks amazing you're just upset everyone loves it more than you shitty Just League Us Alone trailer

The first Thor is (mostly) good. The thing is that it's more of a Loki movie than Thor; Thor's scenes are all pretty bland and forgettable while the movie cemented Loki as a loveable villain in pop culture, despite having nothing but terribly written scripts with him afterwards. After Avengers and Thor 2 people should've been fed up with Loki, but thanks to the writing and his performance in Thor 1 being SO GOOD most people give it a pass.

It was from a Reddit ama in october

The visuals are always nice in Thor movies, well, at least the parts that take place on Asgard and the realms.

Now we know the retarded people that watch the Disney movies.

Shame IT is really only half a movie since they are saving their adult lives final confrontations for a sequel. Yea I know the TV version was too but Dreamcatcher did it alright.

Can't go wrong with Led Zeppelin and Jack Kirby.

Disney's marketing team is really good at making up random "records" to use to shill every one of their movies. Too bad their movies are all terrible.

You combine the space shit that Guardians of the Galaxy has propped up well plus Hulk shit plus the possibility of genuine Asgardian warrior unleashed in gladiatorial setting shit and you've pretty much got yourself a nice robust audience. Shit.

I thought the JL trailer was way better

I did too honestly.

>Those Air Athenas on the flying Amazons foot
KINO
I
N
O

Delicious company wars

If Hela dies at the end of this film then I'll be pissed

>"doesnt spoil anything"
>shows mjiolnir getting rekt

As someone who doesnt read comics, that would have been a hell of a surprise

We already know Mjolnir was getting destroyed, m8.

>Marvel is taking over Justice League's target demographic
>Marvel is taking over Justice League's theatrical release window
>Marvel is taking over Australia film industry

How long before Disney builds a park in Australia to take over Australia's theme park industry and put Warner Bros Movie World out of business?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor:_Ragnarok

Principal photography began on July 4, 2016,[62][65] under the working title Creature Report,[66] at Village Roadshow Studios in Oxenford, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia,[47] exclusively using all nine of the studios' sound stages.[67]

Additional filming was to occur throughout the state of Queensland,[47] as well as in Sydney.[20]

Filming took place in the Brisbane central business district from August 22 to 25,[14][66][76] with the setting used to double as New York City.[77]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_(film)

Warner Bros. intended for Justice League: Mortal to be the start of a new film franchise, and to branch out into separate sequels and spin-offs.[24

Marit Allen was hired as the original costume designer before her untimely death in November 2007,[38] and the responsibilities were assumed by Weta Workshop.[39]

Originally, the majority of Justice League: Mortal would be shot at Fox Studios Australia in Sydney,[28] with other locations scouted nearby at local colleges,[27] and Sydney Heads doubling for Happy Harbor.[19] The Australian Film Commission had a say with casting choices, giving way for George Miller to cast Gale, Palmer and Keays-Bryne, all Australian natives. The production crew was composed entirely of Australians, but the Australian government denied Warner Bros. a 40 percent tax rebate as they felt they had not hired enough Australian actors. Production offices were then moved to Vancouver Film Studios in Canada. Filming was pushed back to July 2008, while Warner Bros was still confident they could release the film for a summer 2009 release.[44][45]

I always tend to forget Hemsworth is an Aussie.

God this is great

The sooner WB dies the better we'll all be

>WB dies
>Disney buys DC
I don't know if it's worth the outcome.

still #1 trending. it will pass JL numbers in a day or 2.

JUSTice league it is

Maybe if you purposely spoil yourself. I avoid articles about movies that I already know I want to see to avoid spoiling anything.

This is the first time an official trailer for an MCU movie has had a major spoiler in it, those are normally safe.

>This is the first time an official trailer for an MCU movie has had a major spoiler in it
Did you miss the GOTG2 trailer that revealed who Peter's dad is?

Best answer. His Thor looks like a much better movie, too.
But at least another flavor of suckitude would have been okay, I guess.

Copying another movie's formula doesn't mean they know what they're doing.

Or the Homecoming trailer that revealed, well, that revealed basically everything.

Though i guess it's better for them to spoil the audience themselves before someone else does.

Fair enough.

I have no idea who that guy is, so I didnt feel spoiled (its not like him having a dad was a secret). Thats a good point though, I should probably stop watching MCU trailers.

IT is a fucking huge book to adapt into a single movie, it makes perfect sense to split it off into two parts.

weird thing about it is that it was dropped Monday fucking morning with no hints that it would drop.

>IT will end with an underage gangbang
if you dont know what im talkin about go read the wiki summary of the book

She won't, they already made her the love interest of Thanos in the comics.

>I don't know if it's worth the outcome.
you mean good movies? yes how horrible that would be

and Star wars

What about complete monopoly over the comics industry you fucking shill?

Comics are pretty much dead anyway so who gives a shit

Burgers are sad.

>you mean good movies? yes how horrible that would be
DC is doing better where it really matters: The comics.

The synergy is helping DC than Marvel

If you want Marvel to become a Movie studio then that fine, but at the end of the day it's meant to be a comic company.
>Comics are pretty much dead anyway so who gives a shit
For Marvel.

You're fucking retarded.

>where it really matters: The comics.
yeah who needs to make a billion dollars on one movie when you can sell less than 100,000 cartoon books for $3 a piece

>spears, swords, and horses
>against flying demons and spaceships
How is this going to make any sense?

Their anti-patriarchy powers empower them powerfully.

Thor finally stopped being the MCU chick flick.

the whole Jane romance sub plot was dragging Thor movies down.

They make up for it with good fundamentals

It was only monday morning in the North and South American time zone. It also sort of makes the short about Thor at work more appealing if you watched on Monday at work.

Possibly similarly as previous Thor movies have worked.

>It was only monday morning in the North and South American time zone.
Literally the only time zones that matter.

Asgardians nearly immortal aliens with god like powers and super advanced technology.

Unless all amazons and all their equipment are divine in nature. It just doesn't work.

Anti aircraft cannons giant building shields, and their own spacecraft?

Of course they're divine, all women are.

I imagine Marvel/Disney is pretty pissed Natalie Portman became a total bitch/shithead or else we'd probably be getting Whor asap

some more than others

Thor had the same problem as Green Lantern; it was ideally a big weird space opera that got bogged down by being on earth for too long and being to preoccupied with a romantic plot completely lacking in chemistry.

So it's really no wonder that a trailer that goes "Jane's Gone. Weird space shit out the wazoo instead" would be well received. It's actually addressing the problem people had.

>listening to the fans and fixing what they don't like
Why don't they do this with the comics?

That Amazonian seem to have survived that magic explosion thing from Wonder Woman's bracelets in the trailer.

They are. Just to certain fans.

Because fans are the problem of comics says Marvel.

You mean the "people" who don't read or buy them.

And they don't need to explain shit anymore, ie Hulk showing up, unless you've literally been living under a rock, everyone knows why Thor is happy to see him.

Exactly.

>yeah who needs to make a billion dollars on one movie when you can sell less than 100,000 cartoon books for $3 a piece
>MUH MONEY!
Someoen that isn't a sellout?

Learn to words fucking spic.

Nice.

They ARE. The loudest bracket of complainers in the case of comic books are bloggers that want controversy clicks. They don't need to buy anything, just have the tallest soapbox.

They'll recast if they have to. They've done it before.

Although my preference would be for Thor to spend some time dead so Marvel can focus on another god character.

>go read the wiki summary of the book
I don't know if I should be complaining about the internet or just the millenial attention span

Thor trailer is awesome. JL trailer was very nice too. I liked it a lot.
Maybe it showed less surprises. That is good, so the movie can surprise us.

I imagine she got a little tired of the damsel in distress role. I doubt they'd do Whor anytime in the next10 years anyways even had she stayed on. For one thing they need to explain why Thor would become unworthy again, and preferably not the Gorr was right shit. Then she'd need to muscle up to look the part to some degree maybe, or slim down if they go the cancer route and have someone else play the Whor character.

That's the premise of the movie, it's not a spoiler.

That's like saying showing Tony getting his suit in the trailer spoiled Iron Man.

The trailer looked powerfully stupid in the best possible way.

I can't wait.

I wonder if Kat is disappointed that she's not in this