Other urls found in this thread:

icv2.com/articles/news/view/35282/icv2-interview-marvels-david-gabriel-part-3
shadowandflamewithmagik.com/2014/11/04/legendary-star-lord-3/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

someone post the editor asking twitter for reccs

>Map of Asgard goes here

Nope

That's a good attitude to have, an editor should have their eyes open for new talent and the first tweet is 100% accurate. Wasp and Thunderbolts are pure cancer though.

No, you don't ask other people to do your job for you. If these names are already big enough to have fans she should know them.

That "not my job to educate you" faggotry is just code for "I don't know any but you sure as well should because MUH BLACKS"

You'd think someone would be aware of their own industry

I agree editors should have their ear to the ground scoping new talent, but throwing out a request on twitter seems fucking lazy and makes you look like an idiot

>already big enough
You fucking idiot, you should look for quality not popularity. It's called having an open mind
>hey people that want more black creators in comics, tell me some that you've liked

How is she going to find quality rather than popularity by asking on twitter?

it's not a request.

Doesn't look like anyone does. Can we all at least agree on Brevoort?

>this coming from the same guy who claimed Peter Parker would never come back, etc.
the irony runs deep

>stop researching and opening a dialogue and retroactively know the answers already you piece of shit

>"you should already know who all the black women answering you are"
so does she want the editor to be psychic?

It's literally the editor's job

Honestly her only mistake was publicly exposing that she's infact, not some jet set, psychic taste maker and probably spends a bulk of her time actually doing editing and proof reading.

Having read any marvel books tgese past 6 years, you know damn wekl they're not

God I fucking remember that issue, seriously that was so embarrassing

Another fuck up I remember was them fucking up the credits for an issue of Uncanny X-Men and giving the art credit to another artists that wasn't the artist that was drawing the comic.

Also Bendis has a lot of spelling errors in his comics that no one cares to correct.

Maybe his only editor is Brevoort?
Does Wacker still work at Marvel?

Doubt it

It seems like nobody is driving the bus so everybody on board is flailing and screaming instead of trying to right the bus and not die

she wants her to actually do her job you idiot.

No, but I like that he singled out Brevoort.

He took over for Loeb as head of Marvel Animation.

He was editor for Cosmic Marvel and he is partially why Bendis ended up in GotG and why Humphries ended up writing Legendary Star-Lord.

Well frickin' dammit. I got the impression I heard folks speaking well of him some years back, but might be another editor.

You know, I thought "we aren't here to educate you" was just a meme...

No. He just has huge hate boner for Brevoort.

He also edited 52 and Superior Foes.

>>Map of Asgard goes here

She gets no benefit of the doubt from me because Thunderbolts has been unmitigated shit and she's part of the reason

I think it was at Marvel, and before Superior Foes (when Marvel was generally alright, so before Superior at all). Might've been on the Spider office or I got it mixed, nevermind.

Wacker's a serious and competent editor but he loves shitposting like a fat kid loves cake

Colorist's and proofreader's fault. I guess in the end it is on the editors, but they are not checking literally every page for quality, nor really should they.

>Bendis has a lot of spelling errors in his comics that no one cares to correct.
Like that time he misspelled "Mos Eisley" as "Nowhere"?

I know an editor's job is FAR beyond just the literal editing (too much of Sup Forums clearly doesn't know that), but they still should've caught this. And so should 4 or 5 other people.

Didn't he go after a blog when they pointed out double shipping was hurting their sales. 4thletter? a few days after they helped marvel fix a printer security leak that people were using to pirate their comics.

A editor stalked them on twitter and kept making alt accounts after he was banned in their comment sections and I swear it was wacker.

>why Humphries ended up writing Legendary Star-Lord.
Image related.

And yet, somehow, his Green Lanterns is actually pretty great ...

>Colorist's and proofreader's fault. I guess in the end it is on the editors
Image title says "editorial" not "editor" (I'm not sure where you'd put "proofreading" and "quality control" if not under the heading of "Editorial").

Having said that: much of what people bitch about with Marvel is clearly MANAGEMENT rather than Editorial who do the best they can when they're roped into Yet Another Big Event/Crossover/MOAR MOVIE SYNERGY/Whatever.

There was a post a year or so back with the same Marvel Sales/Marketing dude that got all the flack last week for saying something stupid at the Retailer's Summit a week or two ago where he said this:

"Editors will come in say so-in-so wants to make an issue triple-sized one month because his story is so big. And we say, that’s not a good idea, because when you look at the curve of sales, then we won’t do it. But if there’s something that we can get behind and market and promote, it does very well. For whatever reason, Deadpool at $9.99 sells phenomenally well. And the editor groans when we say we should do another one in a couple of months, because they do very well. They almost double in sales from the regular $3.99 issue.

Again, we watch the sales. If the sales tanked on those issues, we wouldn’t be doing them. It is watched every single month. Even if I say to editorial, ‘can you come up with another 10 pages so we can make a better package,’ it still goes through Axel Alonso to make sure the editorial content makes sense and is not just filler material. And then it goes through checking to make sure the cost of making the book works. It’s not just me saying ‘I want this book to be $5.99’ or an editor saying ‘I want to add 10 extra pages and not do anything.’ But it is a process. We are watching it. It helps our sales and obviously it helps the retailers."

Sauce:
icv2.com/articles/news/view/35282/icv2-interview-marvels-david-gabriel-part-3

Working hard at publishing anti-christian messages maybe.

They do work very hard to prevent their writers and artists from doing research and from delivering actual good products, yes.

It's the absolute opposite of what editors are normally supposed to do, so Brevoort is probably the only one doing the job according to the regular description.

niggaz always want credit for shit they're SUPPOSED TO DO!

>Didn't he go after a blog when they pointed out double shipping was hurting their sales. 4thletter?

He did, yes. David Brothers felt that double shipping was harmful (and still does) since he felt it would affect the artists' quality of work. And I think that led to posts on there that in turn led to Wacker showing on the comments and acting like he did.

Wacker edited Amazing Spider-Man from Brand New Day until somewhere during Superior (I want to say like midway or near the end?)

Brand New Day was similar to 52 in terms of rotating writers so that's probably why they had him edit it.

I'm tired of these white people comics, where the nappy-headed hos at?

what does Loeb do now and why isn't it working with Sale?

I think that explains it. I actually liked stuff from Brand New Day (some stories actually felt like old classics), though I thought things started going downhill from Gauntlet and Grim Hunt. Really thought they were doing their best with the material they got.

>Marvel
>editors
>work
>very hard

Nobody likes those people anyway. Always trying to Shame you

>You're right
>But let me keeping acting like an ass anyway

Marvel tv.

What the fuck
I always thought this was an edit

>I always thought this was an edit
Nope:
shadowandflamewithmagik.com/2014/11/04/legendary-star-lord-3/

While we can bitch about this being the way things are made the only problem here is he's telling us how they make the sausage. We all know this is how literally every form of media is made.

From TV/movies to music to books to toys. Test groups, sales reports, stock impact and press. They have one hundred million ideas that people would love to get put into production for pittance so they don't give a fuck if something is well written or thought out. As long as the focus groups react well and the sales reflect movement.

Mow much of Harry Potter do you think was actually JK Rowling after like book 3? Suddenly they bloom by a few hundred pages and they're selling hard covers for twice the price. Scholastic probably had an army of ghost writers and editors assembled to get those out at the pace they were.

What the fuck happened to dogfucker

Confirms Bendis I'd a narcissist; leaves other people to clean his mess.

lack of shame is killing our culture.

people need to feel bad about the things they do

he has real editors now

I mean what the fuck happened to him before coming to DC
What would possess a man into thinking writing those ERIC MEEMs is a good idea

Editors forces it on him? That's the only explanation I can think of. L

He, like everyone else at Marvel, had no idea how to write the Guardians like real people because the movie had shown they had to be jokes first. And after Marvel betrayed him, he stopped giving a fuck.

How the fuck were they acting like an ass?
#WokeNigger was being a cunt

This is really the problem. They've hired a bunch of internet doofs with no working experience to edit books. The longer tenured ones they have (Nick Low and Wil Moss for instance) fucking suck and then certain other ones (Sana Amanat) are obviously using comics as a springboard for their broader political views and potentially greater post-comics careers.

Hahahahahaha

If I were God-Emperor of America, I would make it mandatory that the Editor in Chief of both marvel and DC had to read every single page of every single comic, CLOSELY, before allowing it to be sold.

It should be something they want to do. If the comics aren't entertaining to read, why the fuck are you trying to sell them?

With Marvel current lineup it is more entertaining to clip your toe nail than doing that.

This.

Marvel should, ideally, have a department exclusively dedicated to scouting talent such that going to twitter shouldn't even be a thing. If they have to go to twitter to try and find black female writers/artists that indicates either they don't have people there to scout like any normal company would have or that (more likely) there isn't a lot of black women involved in the creation of comics on a professional (even indie) level which is probably true since most of what they hire either comes from the YA world or Tumblr.

>they don't have people there to scout like any normal company would have or that (more likely)
Talent scouts? They're lacking EDITORS because Ike fired them. That's how bad it is.