Leyendas Quest!

Ok Sup Forums you've intrigued me with this show.

But I have a question, considering I'm fluent on both languages, which version hast the superior voice acting?

Other urls found in this thread:

sketchtoy.com/68014368
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both are quite good. Personally, I prefer the english version.

English.

>t. mexican

the right language.

Mexican.

>t. English

Original usually is the better version

LQ is weird that way, because the animation was done for the English dub while the Spanish scripts and VAs are the originals. Same thing happened with LoliRock. I guess it's a Netflix thing.

I can't find any info on the English dub cast.

Who's in it?

Since you think Mexican is a language, you're clearly American, not English.

English is better, even tough I'm a native Spanish speaker
Also
Theodora is best girl, and from Argentina

The actors are Mexican though, and Teodora's accent is pretty specifically Mexican.

There's no way I could listen to her in American after getting used to her voice from the movies. It just wouldn't feel right at all.

Teodora is indeed best girl, user. May just be my attraction to redheads though, I'm not sure.

He was making a joke, chill

La version americana es superior a la latina

NO I WILL NOT CHILL

FUCKING NORMIES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think English Teodora and Alebrije are better, but overall, the Spanish dub is better

>Calevera
>Conquistador
>Boy in trad Spanish clothes
>Ghost girl

Okay, got me so far. But why the dinosaur thing?

That's Alebrije. He's an Alebrije and a SLUT.

That's Alebrije. A creature made up from other animals' parts.
Alebrijes are monster figurines made up of papier mache a mexican artisan came up with after a severe fever where he had halluciantions of said creatures. The name came from the only word the creatures spoke in his fever dreams: "alebrije".

>But why the dinosaur thing?
They need a slutty character in the show, Teodora wasn't slutty enough.

What, you mean that corgi dog?

Mexican refers to the dialect

>Theodora is best girl, and from Argentina

It's the dialect that I like. Mexifriends, are there nice fresa girls in real life or are they all horrible?

I honestly think the Spanish dub is better, since most of the VAs are familirized with the characters already (except for alebrije's VA, who's new, and Marcella who is a new character).
The english cast does a very good job too. but I like the spanish dub better.
Never met one that fit the archetype IRL. Wouldn't know.

>Don Quixote
>Mexican Asuka
>Lola from Brandy and Mr. Whiskers + Dino fusion
>Basque boy
>Skeltal Bobert

What the fuck is this? And what is its premise?

Leo is a teen boy who has the hability to see ghosts, and he and his supernatural friends have to go on a quest around the world fighting many legendary/mythical entities along the way to find how to defeat Quetzalcoatl, who wants to destroy the world to remake it without humanity.

why all mexicans cartoon looks always the same
also is the redhead from argentina asking for a friend

Teodora is Mexican, people are just using the Argentina meme because she's a white hispanic.

So....
They supposedly could have a second season because a new evil could come out.

Seeing that the little calaveras were fighting with little diablos...

Would you think the bad guy of the next season could be el Diablo? el Demonio Rojo?

How many movies are out? and in which order should I watch it?

Are the same VAs from the movies in the Spanish version?

I remember watching Legend of the Nahuala in Spanish class.

Four. Everybody else will probably tell you they're terrible but I unironically enjoyed them all. The first movie does have pretty shitty animation though. I like them not only for Teodora but because it's rare to see kids' movies that attempt to be somewhat creepy or scary, and these legends are all new to me because I'm not Mexican.

>Argentina

Movies and the Netflix show have some of the same characters (RIPIP Xochitl) and the same basic premise of travelling around fighting legendary monsters, but they are two seperate timelines and some things have been changed. You can watch the Netflix show without seeing the movies.

>these legends are all new to me because I'm not Mexican
me too.
Name of the movies?

pip pip. Argie.

Too Catholic. they probably wouldnt go that route. I believe we still have Fenrir (who I heard intends to destroy the universe too(?)) and other norse mythology to explore.
There are 4 movies. 2 and 3 have no subs. They are not bad at best. I enjoyed them. Those are a different timeline to the series so you dont have to watch them to understand the series.
Leyenda de la Nahuala (1, subs), Leyenda de la Llorona (2, no subs), Leyenda de las Momias de Guanajuato (3, no subs), Leyenda del Chupacabras (4, subs).

La Leyenda de la Nahuala, La Leyenda de la Llorona, La Leyenda de las Momias de Guanajuato and La Leyenda del Chupacabras. The first and last can be found with subs, Chupacabras also has an English dub.

Japanese

Thanks for the info, I'll check them out

They dont have to go super religios, or call him satan the fallen angel.
If cow and chicken can have the devil, I dont see why a netflix show, which are allow to be slightly more edgy, couldnt.
I mean, you have this already, wouldnt it kind of for shadow something?

or worst case scenario, they change the name to something else

Hope you get at least some enjoyment out of them user, and remember Moviedora is best Teodora.

Post best Calaveritas

It's because in an earlier thread, we were talking about Movie Teodora. She was a noblewoman, and one of her titles is the marquise of Jujuy, which turned out to be a province of Argentina.

Leo, Teodora, and Don Andres have the same VA, but not Alebrije.

>one of her titles is the marquise of Jujuy
Eh, she said a lot of titles, I think she was just making them up to sound more "refined" to Leo (since she wants to be treated like loyalty). She didn't seem to remember the names in the other movies.

I still like the idea of her being from Argentina but she'd need the accent.

They don't get enough love, I might take some screencaps of them tomorrow.

The second movie DOES have subs available if you rent it online. Don't know about a free copy anywhere with subs.

>those designs

Holy FUCK is the show better.

are you sure she didn't said Uyuyuy? mexican slang can be hard for some

Recently started watching this shitty Mexican Bleach, I love it so much.
It's really not that good, but somehow funny, interesting, and I like most of the characters.
The art simultaneously great and shitty at the same time.

Reminds me a bit of Gravity Falls.

It has been written several times as Jujuy tho

That's irrelevant tho, since you can hold titles of nobility from places you are not actually from.

No, every girl who's speak like that are just annoying whores

> not only mexican accent
> but spoiled teengirl smug tone

oh the horror

>still no sub
Why even bother?

Im mexican and those movies poorly showing the full detail of their legends

That's a shame. I find the way she talks really endearing.

Isn't she old af too? by the time she was alive Argentina probably wasn't even a country

FOR THE LAST TIME

IT'S IN ENGLISH

IT WAS PRODUCED IN ENGLISH

The f stands for fulano
The m stands for mengana

>believing some random stereotype from an anonymous comment
Just interact with the women in question on your own and make up your own mind. I'm sure plenty of them are lovely people.

The F stands for frequency
The M stands for modulation

No it's Finn and Marceline.

No, it was produced in multiple languages for simultaneous worldwide release, but initially written in Mexico in Spanish and the original VAs of the characters are Mexican. The animation was lipsynched to the English dub because Netflix, not because that's the show's "original language".

On top of all that, if people want to watch Mexican characters speak Spanish, like they would, why is that so difficult a concept to grasp?

It's Finado and Moribunda

I know Moribunda means "Agonizing" or something like that, but what does finado means?

This
Road to El Dorado in spanish is top notch

Finado is a formal word for "dead". Moribunda can be translated to "agonizing", as you say.

I just want to hear the original voices while still knowing what's going on

I live at the other side of the Atlantic, interacting with Mexican girls isn't exactly something I have the opportunity to do, that's why I was asking.

You could get a trial month for Netflix. They sub all their shows, right?

I'm just trying to say that it's dumb to believe a stereotype from Sup Forums.

Series Teodora is Mexican.(2010s)
Movie Teodora is Spaniard.(1700s)

Anyone else getting Han Solo vibes from that boy?

>Movie Teodora is Spaniard
Proof?

Please use spoiler tags. Just as a courtesy.

Not a spainard. She's just of spanish descent because shes white. Most likely a criolla if anything.

>defeat Quetzalcoatl, who wants to destroy the world to remake it without humanity
What? Why? That makes no sense? Quetzalcoatl so loved the world he went to the underworld and took the bones of the previous world and gave them life by cutting his penis and bleeding on the bones. Doesn't seem like something he'd want to destroy.

The next movie villain is the devil himself

The reason is spoiler territory so I'd rather you watch the show.

I thought it was that charred nigger guy.

it's funny how most mexicans behave like actual stereotypes. most people i know will change their behavior when something changes in their lives (new boyfriend/girlfriend, new school, new work) i think it happens everywhere, but in mexicans it's so radical you can help but notice. that being said, yes, yu can turn an annoying fresa girl into whatever you want if you are confident enough

>I'll never get a titjob from Dionisia while she makes silly mexican jokes and then we shower together and then cook sweet things together
I only want to cry

Kid's show so they had to cut the dick part out and replace it with the pheonix's gig, Quetz doesn't want to "die".

I'm not going to watch it. Just tell me. I tried googling it but can't find it.

wat?

>all mythologies coexist in one world, Sandman style
So when are the Endless gonna show up?

Movie Teodora is SO FUCKING UGLY, holy shit.

Quetzalcoatl has a cycle of life in which he ends the world as soon as he is born again, but he doesn't want to die, so he makes a fake prophecy to get his next incarnation killed by Leo in its egg before its born cause he wants to remake the world himself.

i get it
>The Charred Nigger

maybe he mean this?

If you are fluent on both languages, why dont you just watch the series twice?

Xochitl in season 2 right?..... right?
sketchtoy.com/68014368

Vuelve al basurero.

is this coming next halloween or next year?

But I donĀ“t want to ;-;