Giving Jack a protege wasn't a bad idea on its own. It was even expected considering Jack has lived for so many years...

Giving Jack a protege wasn't a bad idea on its own. It was even expected considering Jack has lived for so many years, the issue is only in the execution. It's not about if she's a girl, a boy, an alien or whatever. It was always about the believable delivery.

Now that I think about it, it would feel more natural if that protege existed for some time now and something between him/her and Jack happened that make Jack go back on his path.

I believe Samurai Jack gets at least a tiny bit better with next episodes but some damage was done. The introduction of Ashi into Jack's life wasn't executed in a good way and that what concerns some people. Not the idea of female protege. It's actually refreshing in a way because Jack was always weird with women so there's potential for an interesting dynamic relationship. I don't really believe it's going to be executed that well but there's always a possibility.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1lSl9VJKtCO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it would have been better if episode four started with them fighting until the worm swallowed them. At some point soon after Ashi would've been gravely injured, which would prompt jack to carry her out. It felt rushed to see jack go from killing 6 of the sisters to trying to save the last one.

The only protege that doesn't seem forced in my opinion is the one that stays in the future to make it a better world while Jack goes back to his time. Maybe we will get that but I fear that it may get too dependent on Ashi in a really important moment like in the fight with Aku.

Jack's the one who has to deal the finishing blow, everything else ruins the whole premise.

Whose to say she is going to be his protege? I'm sorry an annoying bitch like this is only good for one thing and one thing only at this point. If there was a protege it should been someone younger to make the situation more meaningful. PLZ no more thick jokes.

>Whose to say she is going to be his protege?

I mean it should be obvious by now, since she's going to stay till the end and she is definitely less capable of doing anything than Jack, less experienced and just younger than him. Can't imagine what else she may be.

I wish they would make white wolf his companion instead, they were so kawaii together. Bitch better learn her place.

meh

vocaroo.com/i/s1lSl9VJKtCO

>The introduction of Ashi into Jack's life wasn't executed in a good way
Why not?

He killed her sisters and next moment he decides to befriend her. Real life doesn't work that way.

Did you expect him to execute her? He felt bad enough about killing the other girls and she obviously didn't give a shit about them.

Yes, because he made up his mind. Try to recall his first kill in episode 3, it's not adrenaline driven, it was planned and careful. He didn't feel bad when he did it.

It's so fucking apparent that he didn't kill her just because of the plot.

He totally felt bad. There was an entire scene with a murder of murder crows basically yelling it in your face. She was no longer a threat so to assuage his guilt he took it upon himself to save her. When he killed the others it was because they were imminent threats. No fucking way is he just gonna execute some injured, chained up girl no matter what she's done.

>t was planned and careful.
Yeah but finding her down there alive wasn't planned and if you haven't been paying attention Jack has a lot of conflicting feelings. His internal conflict is his biggest struggle he was able to get by it for the moment but it didn't just go away.

First 3 episode were 10/10 and the 4th was a 7/10, it'll be fine if the trend doesn't continue. Nothing egregiously bad has happened yet, besides some hamfisting of the relationship. Which is no where near as bad as people are making it out to be, it's just the only thing to complain about so it seems magnified.

I mean I agree that Jack didn't have to kill her on the spot but at the same time he started trying to befriend her. He even wanted to save her. You don't do that to someone who tried to kill you 5 minutes ago.

It's made really damn clear that Jack has a hard enough time justifying actual killing of other humans and he's settled on the 'They had a choice and I gave them the chance to walk away' as the most solid line of defence (which is gonna crack like an egg the instant Ashi shares her backstory with him)

It is entirely believable that he would not kill someone who can't fight back properly at that point.

You do if you feel guilty, whether it's justified to feel that way or not.

Its called guilt nigga

Its becouse of guilt, he says so himself

I think what they're going for is that Ashi's companionship will be what helps fully snap Jack out of the funk he's been in for the better part of 50 years. It was established in the season premiere that Jack's been very, very alone for the last few decades, avoiding conversation and not immediately traveling towards trouble. The Wolf in Episode 3 was a companion that helped him get through his injury; Ashi can be the companion that helps get him through his emotional scarring and guilt. Likewise, Jack will help Ashi understand the world as it is and come to terms with her life up until that point being a lie.

Jack has been virtuous to a fault the entire series. He's saved people at his own expense, even at the expense of portal to his own time, because of his sense of duty. S5E1 shows us how deeply guilt affects his psyche.

Why is he white now?

>It felt rushed to see jack go from killing 6 of the sisters to trying to save the last one.

Did you not notice Jack cracking at the seams for killing humans? Needing to justify outloud to himself that he was in the right? Hallucinating crows screeching at him that he was a murderer? There's no reason for Jack to not save her when he's no longer in mortal peril immediately