The Killing of a Sacred Deer 2017

>The.Killing.of.a.Sacred.Deer.2017.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO
>The.Killing.of.a.Sacred.Deer.2017.720p.WEB-DL.X264.AC3-EVO

You're late.

>DUDE IT'S METAPHORICAL LMAO
got memed once again

I got halfway through last night before I got too tired and went to bed. I'll watch the rest later tonight. But I loved what I saw and nothing short of a musical number at the end could stop it from being my movie if the year.

But it's shit

Keep making these threads, OP. You're doing God's work.

A woman wouldn't understand

i hope someone make webms when he show the movie and screenshots of raffey, the yesterday's thread had only one video and 3-4 screenshots

>favorite films: Out of the blue and Exodus
kek

I'm still waiting for one of Martin eating spaghetti.

That monologue was pretty neat, how the fact that everyone eats spaghetti the same was more enraging to him than his father's death.

she shaking her boobs in and other scenes? can someone make webms of her scenes?

If you didn't see it in theaters you don't know shit about television & film

It was made by someone who is marries to a woman

Someone married this deranged pervert?!

he's a pretty cool guy

up there with you were never really here and blade runner for best films of the year desu

Yeah I like the way he directs in the English language.

>Go to student cinema to watch this
>Tfw you are only person laughing throughout the movie

What the fuck is wrong with millennials?

fuckin loved this shot

I think people who aren't familiar with Lanthimos might not get that it's comedy. He kind of straddles the line between funny and not so funny

i went to see it with someone who hadnt watched a lanthimos film before and they didnt laugh, they said they thought it was weird

This film is SHIT because the PLOT is never EXPLAINED!! We're given NO explanation of how that little FAGGOT got his POWERS or how they even fucking WORK.
>m-muh 2deeb4u greek myth its a metaphor please feed me cum
BULLSHIT. We should have seen Martin's ORIGIN STORY first, then a film about Kill'em Farrel BTFO'ing his DAD. Then and ONLY THEN should this SPAGHETTI-TWIRLING SOYBOY begin his master plan which FAILS because it isn't POWERFUL enough to break the BOND of LOVE the family SHARE.
It's like Hollywood don't understand how movies work any more.

The Lobster is probably the best movie to show someone to introduce them to Lanthimos.

I had the opposite effect. I was transfixed and somewhat disturbed by what I saw. But people in my theater were dying of laughter. The kid cutting his hair and crawling to his dad to beg for his life got a huge laugh.

kek

Everyone in my cinema was laughing too. I'm pretty sure it was all "I'm very uncomfortable so I'll chuckle at how uncomfortable and horrible this scene is to distance myself from it" rather than genuine laughter

>student cinema announces they'll have a theme marathon
>turns out they show all the harry potter movies in order
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and this week they're showing some nu-disney shit. god I fucking hate it here.

The sad thing is, there are people in the world that actually think like this.

i really liked The Lobster. It was funny and interesting. Now this movie, not so much desu. Im glad that ive seen it but yeah

dogtooth > tkoasd > lobster > alps

anyone have that scene in webm?

There were a lot of posts in the previous thread which made the same points, but unironically.

I know. That one user yesterday got btfo.

some of us we are here not because we like the movie but because we want screenshots and webms of raffey cassidy from the movie but nobody posting anything new

I was wondering if that was Alicia, man time sure did a number on her.

How about you watch the movie?

that its great thank you, can you make some screenshots of that scene, like at 3 seconds?

oh shit

Lanthinos went full Shamalayan and that's kind of bad. Kinetta was good, Dogtooth very influential, Alps was good again and then his American movies took the quirks of the style he had been developing and turned them into easily recognizable brands.

The main problem with The Killing is that is pointless and yeah it made me laugh a couple of times (more than most mainstream comedies these days), but is that enough to make the viewer go through all that shit that happens? Just to end it with "meh it's all the same anyways". It's predictable if you know Lanthimos and if you don't know him it's just an ugly albeit beautiful looking film to fool audiences looking for something different.

The point is how irrational people get when something irrational happens.

If it's about some chad having sex with a bunch of women then I don't want to see it.
Can't relate to it so why waste my time

How's that the point when the force driving the film is the mystery of what's actually going on and if Collin Farrell will do something. What you say is just a footnote. It's a pointless thriller in disguise.

HHHHNGNGAAAAAAAAAA

She's 15 years old you sick fucks

i thought she was 21

they're not jerking off at her birth certificate, her age is irrelevant if she looks like that and is ready to fuck

What drives the film is something totally irrational.

Shes menstruating and willing, I'm only half as greasy as the kid in the movie, I've got a shot!

speak for yourself fucko.

oh gross let's wait 3 more years guys

Is she going to be younger in 3 years?

If you watch Tomorrowland.

>damon lindelof

not worth it desu

he doesn't even understand what pedophiles want in a little girl.

>caatched

You don't watch many films, do you? a vague concept like that doesn't drive a film. A film is driven by its plot. In this case is a mystery just to end with well there's no mystery. Compare that to Dogtooth, which is driven by something similar, "why are these guys so weird" and the question gets answered in a very compelling way. This time there's nothing.

is there a extended scene of that?

or that or the scene who is in bed with her robe?

Cringekino

Its literally what drives the film in this case. The kid lays out plain as possible exactly whats happening and why, but because its totally irrational, the doctor rejects this and tries to solve an irrational problem rationally, and fails totally.

To put it yet another way, think about how irrational you're acting in response to a movie not having a rational narrative process. You're literally angry at the move for not conforming to your narrow conception of reality. When real life is filled with circumstance you won't be able to rationalize and won't respond to your anger.

Lmao you’re a loser

This movie man, was the point to make it as awkward as humanly possible?

>pls show bobs and pusy
you must be 18+ to post on Sup Forums pajeet

This movie fucked with me more then any horror movie I've ever seen.

Great flick, but no need to ever watch it again.

got 'em.

>memes
You too

It's embarassingly bad and overhyped by pseuds
Just like Good Time

hi eh.

>pseuds
I'll take words used by the intellectually intimidated, Alex!

nobody watching is having the thoughts you claim. The audience naturally wants to know what's going on. In my case, I've seen all Lanthimos' films, it was very predictable that there wasn't going to be a rational explanation. What makes it bad is not that there's no rational explanation to what happens, it's that there's nothing to it, the film ends, mystery ends. It's just a well shot post-haneke thriller without much substance.

Nothing pseud or intellectual about good time. That film its what movies should be. Doesn't have much substance either but it's thrilling, emotionally charged and well crafted.

>my impressions are that of the entire audience no one thinks in ways I do not personally think therefore the movie was bad

>That film its what movies should be
A promising first twenty minutes then a meandering uncinematic mess of bafoons and nonemotion?

>i'll misrepresent user's argument, that'll show him
how's pure kinetic energy and constant stakes rising an uncinematic mess?

>expand persona claims to the entire audience
>get called on this
>w-wasn't my argument

I see you're attempting validate yourself via response.

>pure kinetic energy
They stop and harangue again and again, it's not kinetic
Crank is kinetic
>constant stakes rising
they don't?
the stakes go from "go to jail for crimes" to "go to jail for crimes"

It was also an ugly fucking movie

Wait a second. This is the same girl from Tomorrowland?

yes. I thought it was the stranger things girl the entire time.

yess

but WHY did Martin prefer a leather watch strap as opposed to a metal one!? The metal one lasts longer AND is more expensive.

>Comparing Good Time unfavorably... to Crank
fucking kill yourself.

I liked the visuals, acting, and soundtrack but the overall story was just meh. I mean, its just not doing anything. Like, I get that the movie wants me to think about justice and fair punishment, but the way those ideas are explored isn't all that compelling.

Let me explain; the wife tries to point out to Martin that punishing the kids for something their dad did doesn't follow. In rebuttal, Martin argues to the wife that it may not be fair for the family members to be punished for actions of the father, but its still justice because in his mind, justice means the wrong inflicted must be done back to the one who inflicted it by the inflicter himself, hence the biting of the arm scene.

The problem is, I never feel challenged by Martins outlook. I think if the movie showed that the surgeon/father covered his negligence up to save his own ass which lead to a failure of justice by the law then maybe I could feel more sympathetic to Martin seeking his own form of justice.

Also, I didn't really feel anything for the end scene in the living room and I think its because of how unlikable/unrelatable the family is. The mother not willing to sacrifice herself to save her kids, the father choosing one of the kids over his wife, and the daughter valuing martin over her family just after 1 or 2 interactions with the guy made me not care about the fate of family.

Is the movie supposed to be funny because some scenes are hilarious

you got confused, let me explain again my reasoning:

When people watch movies they're not looking for rational or irrational explanations. Is pretty much human nature the way drama works, a need to have clear narratives that lead somewhere and have a punchline, a point, morale, a climax or something unexpected. I'm talking about my experience as audience and as screenwriter. So what you say drives the movie, doesn't drive it, it's just a component of the story that is know after the twist (there is no twist, you fools!).

But I never claimed that made the movie good or bad. What makes it bad or mediocre is that there's no point to it. It's yet another quirky Lanthimos american flick with nothing to offer but some cheap thrills.

I see it more like shit keeps piling up how's the hero going to make it this time? x1000

>I get that the movie wants me to think about justice and fair punishment

you didn't get the movie

To clarify one of the movie's central points, if the doctor had not been there at all, the kid's dad would've still died. Failing to save someone's life is not the same as killing them.

The Crank series are two of the most dynamic and energetic action movies of the twenty first century made by auteur filmmakers

Good Time is a piece of shit blip of slightly-above tv-tier filmmaking that gets propped up by pseuds with no sense of kineticism, energy, cinema or dialogue and just want antimovie meandering garbage

Their daughter just had her first period, my dude. She wanted some dicc.

Oh fuck, we've got a film student in the house, he's gonna school us on how all movies should be mediocre and identical.

>dude there is nothing wrong morally with a doctor being drunk while performing surgery.

>The Crank series are two of the most dynamic and energetic action movies of the twenty first century made by auteur filmmakers
I absolutely and fundamentally think you are a retard.

Martin is a higher power. It's about faith. Each family member deals with Martin differently. The father kidnaps him and tries to torture him to get what he wants. The mother PRETENDS to love and respect him in hopes that he will spare them. The daughter professed her actual love to him and tried to run away with him. The son paid no attention to him at all (give me a hug bob). They all attempted to manipulate Martin to get what they wanted except the son Bob. He only tried to convince his father not to kill him. Which is why inevitably he was the one to die. Gotta have faith Bob

Again you resort to miss-represent my argument in order to defend an obvious shitty film.
I'm not a film student, I love film and I do it for a living. But tell me, what's wrong about what I said?

>it was a comedy
what?
WHAT?

Is this the best super hero movie of the year

why nobody post pics and webms? that thread turn to discussion thread

>t. fell for the "okay guys only flat wide shots of slow action, cut away from each hit and have no invention or satirical elements" 80s meme commercial action