When did you stop reading Marvel?

When did you stop reading Marvel?

One More Day.

Haven't stopped yet, just blacklisted a few writers that I don't much care for.

with this I stopped reading spiderman

Siege.

I still follow the current Nova run though.

i still read marvel but only stuff from before 1999.

When I realized reading cape comics was like watching characters being raped forever without end. And knowing there will never be an end for them.

When Jean Grey made Iceman gay.

>reading Lobdell
for what purpose

civil war 1
the character assassinations were to much.

Civil War II, before that I had just been slowly reading less and less but it managed to deal the killing blow. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Probably gonna stop soon if they keep on being shit

Civil War
Carol/ Kamala
Whor
MIles

this

when they are pushing cloak and dagger

I never started.

I started reading lots of western comics last year after the shitstorm BvS caused.

At that time, the current stuff that was good was only DC.

December 2015. Everything I was reading from Marvel and DC was getting canned and I decided not to read anything new.

It's very freeing and I highly recommend it. There's a huge weight lifted when you stop forcing yourself to give a shit about all of this garbage.

Like last week, as in I read an Ares comic from a couple years ago. In terms of actually buying modern Marvel comics, I haven't done that since maybe ANGR a couple years back.

Its less I stopped at one point, but could tell when things went to shit. Disassembled and House of M were when the seeds of shit started seeping in. Spidey was irrevocably destroyed with OMD, X-Men was crippled by House of M, but was killed off with All New X-Men and Beast fucking with time and space just to prove a point., and taking Thor out of his own books for unexplained reasons for 2 years. The rest was just decaying as Marvel went full event overload.

And its not like the Events were good. Shit like Age of Ultron, Original Sin, Ultimatum all but destroying the Ultimates line, etc just caused me to get fatigued with it all.

None of the diversity push they've been aggressively pushing phase me because I'm so past the point of caring. Especially now that current Marvel feels so unrecognizable in just 4 years. Just look at pic related and it tells you the whole story.

I recently dropped everything from Marvel and it does feel great, I occassionally read 60's Spidey and reread Ult Spider-Man (Peter) but I am done with current Marvel

Agreed. When I feel like giving a shit, I just come here or watch a synopsis on youtube. I quickly loose interest again.

That's a perfect retard cutoff point.

If for some reason you haven't stopped reading after AvX, and didn't stop even when Jean Grey made Iceman gay, then you are a retard and should get certified.

when Foes was cancelled and Thunderbolts ended
I've heard praise about a couple things since, I might get around to them

Said this in another thread, but the last superhero book I bought from Marvel was Steve Rogers Captain America #4.

reading joe kelly's deadpool run

Post Secret Wars

Those side titles like E is For Extinction and Infinity Gauntlet were the last time Marvel put out comics I wanted to read

I never started. I only saw the movies and come to Sup Forums to shitpost

AvX, marvel now! when to shit very very fast

About the same time you stopped breathing.

Secret Wars. It felt like the real end of the Marvel universe and what we have now is a walking corpse

When it became apparently clear they were making x-men to be in the wrong during avx.Plus heroes stopped fighting villains more of each other

I decided to drop marvel completely after reading Nick Spencer's Steve Rogers, the first trade. After that, I basically pieced out and started looking at Rebirth.

I'm so sick of people saying Trump is hitler when he is clearly not. That Nick Spencer writing a flagship character and him getting his own huge event, only to fill his books up with partisan hackery just made me so disgusted at Marvel.

I really can't understand that Marvel let's Nick Spencer write his partisan garbage. I'm a liberal, but this is just nonsense, so sick of the forced political messages.

It's the most current superhero run going on.

Haven't read main Spider book since this. RWV is the only Spider book for me now.

about 6 weeks ago i stopped buying, about 3 months ago I dwindled down to Doctor Strange, Moon Knight and Ultimates2.

On the fence about picking up Moon Knight to finish the Smallwood arc, but I've got no faith in Hopeless on Strange or Travelling Shit Foreman on Ultimates.

not buying marvel at the moment feels good though, man.

I'll still probably check out some story times, but I'm definitely not paying for it.

After King's Vision ended

Bought only Xmen titles after AvX, dropped all books after Secret War.

The first Civil War.

>superheroes knocking shit
yeah !
>some change of race, keep knocking shit
yeah !
>forced diversity for every fucking thing possible
.. why
>muh feminism everywhere
enough, please (stopped giving them any money at that point)
>space transniggers from dimension androgynia
s-stop (all of my betafriends stopped too)
>muslim pro christian beheading artists
>because zero review before publishing as long as they push the narrative of diversity bullshit

They can fucking die for all i care.

All new all diferrent was the last straw but even then I was only reading Hawkeye and deadpool at that point.

This

That's not fair. There's only been five or six dozen space transsexuals over the decades, and you never complained about them before.

After Richard Ryder died.

I read Annihilation from Marvel cause I was a kid and I only ever read DC, but I sort of got sucked in by marketing, and got super invested in Ryder.

Then when it ended I just shrugged my shoulders and went back to DC. Ryder's story is so tightly told in that event that I never had interest in any other heroes who had been going on for decades.

With the announcement of Marvel Now 2.0 and Axel saying the publishing line was adopting a seasonal model.

God dammit I buy cape comics for the huge, contradictory unbroken story, not a bunch of unrelated bullshit limited serieses.

Also, too much SYNERGY

This killed Spider-Man for me. I didn't drop Marvel entirely until the Star Wars fiasco though. I could rationalize D*sney ruining one property as a fluke, but two made it obvious where the cancer lies.

If you haven't stopped after all this shit you never will.

They must hate Abigail Brand more than they do the Skrulls...

When Sup Forums told me to! Sup Forums knows best and isn't a reactionary bunch of shits on tier with Reddit, no sirree.

When The Winter Soldier movie came out. Its greatness made me wonder why the comics weren't doing anything like this.

After 616 died
OMD was the starting point and ruining the X-men was working it further but shafting the F4 was the limit

It's amazing how we've still not recovered from OMD. Both Bendis and Slott are like the biggest cunts ever who act like it's their mission to ruin Peter

Not yet but I only read three titles so soon

And Star Wars

Pretty much after AvX when they turned Cyclops in to an absolute joke. I almost came back, then saw the whole Secret Wars shit, turned 360 degrees and walked away.

I started dwindling away during the Posehn/duggan run of Deadpool.

I guess I got tired of the endless stuff. Closed comics are better. It doesn't feel like a soap opera where nothing is truly over and it's just a bunch of people being strung along forever.

"Winter Soldier" ... ?
... that movie based on the "The Winter Soldier" comic story? ? ?

I think there might be ONE comic that did do something like that.

Yeah basically this after siege I dropped pretty much everything
I picked up the Illuminati stuff with the universes colliding because it was crazy cosmic bullshit that I like but it turned to shit and DOOM-wank halfway through
The only Marvel comic I read now is Ultimates because it looks like the kind of cosmic bullshit I like and aside from being sidelined by Civil War 2: Movie Cash-in Boogaloo it has been mediocre to okay while being consistently entertaining which is the highest praise I can give modern Marvel

Slightly after Chaos War and Age of Ultron.
I just stayed long enough for Alpha Flight's mini-series.

To add to this I was already drifting before Siege thanks to all the events Marvel kept and keeps having, I shouldn't be expected to buy ten comics to read one story I don't have that kind of disposable income to pump forty to fifty dollars a month on one plot line when I could use it to read 10 different stories

After Thanos Imperative.

when i got to touch vagina
>so last year basically

When I picked up DC. Never looked back.

In stopped buying marvel a long time ago. I stopped reading marvel with Waid's Daredevil.

Secret Wars 2015

When I grew up, of course.

Secret Invasion/Dark Age (Dark Times? something like that) for main universe and Ultimates v3 for Ultimate

Went back for a bit during Marvel Now but found most stuff uninspired

After the first issue of Whor