Are the prequels the ultimate pleb-filters?

Are the prequels the ultimate pleb-filters?

Yes, they are absolute garbage

No, but the sequels are.

>Revenge of the Sith's labyrinthine opening shot— of Anakin and Obi-Wan giving chase to Dooku through the space vehicles on the planet of Coruscant—is a mighty and audacious gauntlet-throw, the digital equivalent of the opening shot of Orson Welles’s “Touch of Evil." It wheels and gyrates and zips and pivots with a vertiginous wonder that declares, from the beginning, that Lucas had big visual ideas and was about to realize them with a heroically inventive virtuosity. And the rest of the movie follows through on that self-dare.

>If I had seen ROTS in a theatre upon its release, in 2005, I think that, at the moment when Sheev, sizzling in the blue lightning that Mace Windu reflects back at him, cries out to Anakin, “Power! Unlimited Power!,” I would have leaped out of my seat yelling with excitement. The entire movie is filled with an absolute splendor of the pulp sublime, and that moment is its very apogee. Lucas reaches historic heights in the filming of action: the martial artistry of Anakin and Obi-Wan’s double duel versus Dooku, the gaping maw of outer space and of the airshaft into which the heroic duo drops, Obi-Wan’s light-sabre fight with the four-armed Grievous, and, above all, the apocalyptic inferno of the confrontation of Obi-Wan and Anakin. I watched these sequences over and was repeatedly and unflaggingly amazed by Lucas’s precise, dynamic, wildly imaginative direction.

>The scripted politics of the conflicts have a grand imagination to match. What Lucas brings to the script of the movie is a Shakespearean backroom dialectic of power-maneuvering. The dialogue is just heightened and sententious enough, just sufficiently rhetorical, to convey the grave moment of ideas in conflict and the grand mortal results of that dialectical clash—the making of a villain and the unmaking of a republic.

Whoever wrote this can impossibly be older than 20 years of age.

ANH > ESB > ROTJ > ROTS > TPM > TFA > RO > AOTC > TLJ

You can NOT debate this. This list is objectively correct.

why the hell is attack of the kino below rogue one?

Why, hello there.

4 > 5 > 6 = 3 > 1 > 2 >>> 7 >>>Star Wars fans personal hell >>

AOTC > RO > TFW

Dr. Skywalker

>technical achievements
ANH > ESB > AOTC > TPM > ROTS > ROTJ
>visuals
ROTS > ANH > AOTC > TPM > ESB > ROTJ
>style
ANH > ESB > ROTS > TPM > ROTJ > AOTC
>score
ROTS > ESB > ROTJ > TPM > AOTC > ANH

V > IV > VI > II > III > I > VII > RO

Any ranking that has the new ones above the prequels should be ignored, as that person hates filmmakers and loves corporations.

>Any ranking that has the new ones should be ignored
agreed

>AotC and ANH so low for score

No I will not deal with it. Across the Stars was great and so was the wide variety of tunes in ANH which INTRODUCED the iconic main theme, but also had the cantina songs, battle of yavin, and the ending ceremony.

trade fed invasion cue is actually my favorite from all of the battle sequences in the series. There's also duel of the fates, and a handful of other cues like 'it's working', and the pod-race flag march.
That's not to say I don't enjoy anh and aotc score.

they are honestly made adventure flicks

>RotJ lowest for technical achievements
What ILM did for the Battle of Endor was insane at the time, there’s no way the prequels deserve spots above it.

Yes. Anyone criticizing the prequels after the existence of Disney wars is obviously from plebbit

The Obi-Wan adventure in AOTC is actually one of my favourite parts of Star Wars.
The Coruscant and Kamino scenes are severely underrated.

it's not a new technique in rotj though. it's just upgraded a lot.

TPM introduced the new level of stunt choreography that was present in the prequels and had the first digital characters. Lots of previously impossible sequences like the podrace.

Aotc did cloth simulation and almost unnoticeable digital rendering of actors in order to have impossible stunts (or did you not want Christopher lee to be in it?).

The speederbike sequence had probably the only new major technique used in rotj

Finally, someone who gets it

Definitely.

The OT is great.

The Disney trilogy has been rather mediocre.

The Prequel trilogy is terrible on all levels.

Upvoted and sent you Reddit gold!

Coruscant is the best planet. Prove me wrong, I'll wait.