Why the fuck are you complaining that this show has flat characters and lacks subtlety?

Why the fuck are you complaining that this show has flat characters and lacks subtlety?

Think about it: it's just a cartoon. Made for simple people to enjoy. It's not meant to be deep, it doesn't have to follow logic every time. I mean it would be great if it did, but sadly it doesn't.

It doesn't get better than this, either continue watching and supporting the show or stop right now. It's just a cartoon about some samurai.

This, OP. It hit me but it hit me hard. I expected a breakdown on a broken samurai, who has lost his way and had to deal with his psyche, even if the original wasn't meant to be nothing more than an episodic cartoon.

I guess now it feels somehow worse, because the old Samurai Jack never tried to be more than it really was. This one was described as a new look on Jack, so I expected something darker and deeper. But it's almost the same while it pretends to be something bigger. I can't enjoy it that way.

>entertainment can never be deep

cool opinion bro

It can be deep, it's just in this case it is not at all. So far it follows textbook rules in a way that it can't be described as deep in any manner.

Why the fuck are you complaining that Sup Forums users complain about this cartoon?
Think about it: it's just a website. Made for fucking teenage weaboos to talk about anime. It's not meant to be about deep topics. These fags don't follow logic all the time. I mean it would be great if they did, but sadly they don't.
It won't get better than this, either keep coming back to this shithole and supporting chink moot or stop right now. It's just some fucking website about chinese cartoons

You never know how many people really dislike stuff, because they tend to ignore and avoid what they don't like. Only some of them express disappointment or whatever negative feeling but in the end it's all useless.

I just don't like how people assume that everybody loves x because there aren't voices that don't like it. Guess what, they are out there but they stopped caring.

Oh, look, another impotent person with a non-opinion failing to convince anyone to stop having opinions because, unsurprisingly, he about as good at forming convincing rhetoric as he is at forming opinions.

SJ is just as overrated as R&M

It's just pointless to critize a cartoon like it was some work of a great philosopher.

Jack's a simple character, even now. His setting is simple. His enemy is simple. There is not much to work with.

Name better cartoons

Just ask cartoon network you contrarian fuck
According to them TTG and Meatballs is vastly superior to those hipster pandering shows you guys constantly bait everyone with
Just because you people dislike them doesn't mean everyone else does.

>lacks subtlety
Who's saying this? What are they saying it with regards to?
I can understand a lot of SJ criticism, but what's this one supposed to mean? I've never felt like its been throwing any plot point in my face. In fact, it actually has a lot of subtle touches and some occasional symbolism.

What the hell?

>according to them
Keep projecting, no one cares that you like Teen Titans go you loser. A network promoting its own show doesn't mean they think it's good. How old are you? 14?

Nothing, this thread is pointless. It's one kid throwing a hissyfit and being a contrarian baby because people go apeshit over a show he doesn't like. This shit's getting saged, this kids been posting whiny SJ hatethreads all day.

get fucked kid
Shows only air when they are successful.
Thats why SJ got cancelled in the first place

lol

>Who's saying this? What are they saying it with regards to?
Characters. They are not subtle at all, just another cookie cutter, cliche ridden whatever they are.

Yeah keep spamming the exact same response to everything you colossal fucking autist.

Another 3-1 Actual is bringing the bantz!
#rekt

Switch the word "cartoon" with "book" and see how stupid your argument is.

Wow, what the fuck, OP? Don't you realize that the only reason we have this comfortable existence is because he sacrificed his all to defeat Aku and release his grasp from all of time (including ours)?

Except books can be deep and hard to understand.

>popularity equals quality
Please leave.

>if it's successful then it must be good
lol, you can go back to watching teen titans go now
you are such a fucking sperg, it's amazing

>another cookie cutter, cliche ridden whatever they are
>whatever they are
Yeah, they're so cookie cutter and cliché that you can't even point out what is cookie cutter or cliché about them.

>They are not subtle at all, just another cookie cutter, cliche ridden whatever they are.
Elaborate. What kind of subtlety are you looking for? Jack himself is going through all sorts of mental issues, Aku is doing the same. Ashi is somewhat of a cliche, but even she's added some depth to her character by becoming redeemed. They did it in a subtle way too. The ladybug wasn't really an overt OH SHIT EVERYTHING'S GOOD NOW WTF I HATE AKU NOW, it was just a moment that created hesitation within her after an entire episode of seeing Jack being kind to nature, continuing when he did it to a ladybug, something she had personal fondness of

>Yeah, they're so cookie cutter and cliché that you can't even point out what is cookie cutter or cliché about them.
The irony of this is that I can point it out and you still won't listen. You don't care about the actual truth, you care about being happy with what you've got.

Anyway Ashi's whole gimmick is that she was trained and indoctrinated for one purpose. Isn't that something special? It would be if I haven't seen that million fucking times before. She doesn't even have anything more than that, that's literally it.

according to your own stupid logic, rick & morty is one of the best shows of all time, you dumb motherfucker.

>Ashi's whole gimmick is that she was trained and indoctrinated for one purpose
That doesn't prove that the characters are "cliche-ridden." It means that one particular character is cliche.

An indoctrinated antagonist isn't even that cliche. But since you've apparently seen it "a million fucking times before," Name ten shows or films that actually has this archetype.

You are right. Simple cartoons are for simple people and they also have a right to be entertained.
There are other sophisticated cartoons for sophisticated people, like Rick and Morty :^)