Creates one of the worlds most advanced flying suits

>creates one of the worlds most advanced flying suits
>uses it to rob banks

Or he could, you know, sell the technology and makes billions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Urd5vtoGmfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>creates high tech flexible polymer that can withstand multiple tons of pressure
>uses it to beat up petty criminals dressed as a spider

Ya but that might have the chance of helping other people and people in the marvel universe are horrible. Who'd want to help them?

He tried to sell it but no one would buy it because it dissolves after an hour or so.

There are numerous evil organizations he could sell it to. If George Lucas can make a billion dollars from selling Star Wars, I'm sure Vulture could get plenty for a super flying suit.

Came here to post this.

Captain Cold created technology that can cheaply bring a room to near 0K temperatures. He uses it to rob banks instead of revolutionizing chemical engineering and getting rich off of patents.

It's a complaint that can be directed at most Flash and Spiderman villains and a few villains spread against other heroes.
I like to think the spark that allows otherwise normal people to create gadgets and become mad scientists in super specialized fields of study, also makes them crazy, to the point wwere they honestly believe that robbing banks is the best solution to their problems.

Back when bendis tried.

>hmmm, I need money to fund a cure for my wife
>better use this amazing technology worth billions to rob jewellery stores

What are you talking about that panel is from Spiderman and the X-Men, a comic that was written by some random SNL writer

I assume there's got to be some kind of legal filter in these universes that makes these super-science inventions not even worth the trouble of patenting, especially because a lot of advanced tech could just be reverse-engineered into almost anything else.

Isn't part of his origin that the company he worked for screwed him out of the rights to his suit, meaning that he legally CAN'T sell it?

A super villain wouldn't even need to patent an invention. Just walk down the street to one of the hundred A.I.M secret bases in New York, dump your shit off, collect the check and leave.

Except we've also seen that it's quite easy to adjust the dissolve speed. And even without that, a spray-able polymer that dissolves in an hour would have massive medical and construction applications.

fpbp

He had a non lethal projectile system that can disable a multiple people for an hour that a high school chemist can afford to make and no one saw a use for it.

Well, at least he's honest.

That's not true. Cold didn't create the tech but he did study it and improve it.

Remember... most of these people aren't very smart. Intelligent, sure. But not smart.

Half truth. He was a Slimy con man living off the fortune that suit made him, however that suit was made by underlings that organized and sued him, leaving him broke with just the suit.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Police and military would be interested in a non lethal weapon like that. Spider man is literally killing black youths by not sharing his invention.

Why wouldn't you rob banks if you had the tools necessary to get away?
The thrill like that can probably only be compared to extremal sports.

They addressed this in one of the Flash Rebirth issues where he scorned the idea as boring.

Just make a cure for cancer that turns people into dinosaurs.

>making billions of dollars is boring. I'd rather freeze jewellery stores and get punched in the face once a week.

That was Batman & Robin.

In TAS, he was able to do everything he needed on his own. The only criminal activity he did at first was just trying to kill the guy who put him in his suit and kidnapping Barbara to harvest her organs.

They already made a movie like that. Except it was orgasms turning people into dinosaurs.

To be fair, chances are, he'd lose those billions and get his ass whomped when another villain comes along to fuck his shit up for some bullshit reason anyway.

movies make pulling heists seem more fun than being rich and you wouldn't have to find someone good enough to do your taxes

Redlettermedia reviewed it, if you're interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=Urd5vtoGmfI

Thanks, user.

Sometimes your old, angry, and have a massive robot bird suit. Robbing banks might be the only damn thing that gets his dick hard

This deserves a comic where a group of pissed of mad scientists steal back their money from a super-criminal