Alex Garland's (Ex-Machina) new movie

youtube.com/watch?v=89OP78l9oF0

Looks like ass desu

We'll Ex-Machina was absolute shit, so.

Why are they all women?

jesus fucking christ

Why aren't you?

>adapted screenplay
I love Garland's stories but I have no desire to watch this movie.

I have a penis - 4.5 inches of pure MAN

Yeah I thought it was good first time I saw it too. Second watch was when I showed it to a friend and felt embarrassed at how much I talked it up.

>dude STALKER but they are all women LMAO

Could Hollywood be more bankrupt of original ideas?

no!

he's not wrong

Is there an in story reason why they're all women?

monsters lick their pusy!

Oh god that's so embarrassing.

>All female cast.
>Cool B movie idea reduced to shitty jump scares.
>Paramount.

I predict this earns under 50% of its budget.

look at this fugly shit

>stalker is the only story about mutated animals

is there a dancing scene?
only part I liked of Ex Machina

By the way, what happened to that Roadside Picnic tv show? There was a trailer and then nothing

Because it's a "control group"
They tried a group of man, and different variations of race.
The book is about a group of women

It gets better

Ok, at least there's a reason, and a way for me to suspend my disbelief.

>stalker
>story about mutated animals

Go back to Sup Forums.

The organization in charge of the expeditions into the area decides to try sending an all women team to see if it affects how the area responds to their presence. The previous team is made up entirely of men.

That's unironically a plot point of the movie? Ahahahahahahahaha!

I'm glad they have confidence in their product.

wtf are you even talking about

what are you talking about, as an experiments it totally make sense. specially since there's a bunch of different expedition with a mixture of people to see how it would effect them.

I know user. Every day this board surprises me with how hard they need to be contrarian. Someday I will see Jack and Jill threads talking about how it was a missed moment of comedic perfection.

> Send a team full of men
> Fail
> Try to send a team full of women
> HURR DURR MUH FEMINIST AGENDA
Are you this retarded?

>hur dur I'm such a whiteknight soyboy I angrily defend pathetically lazy attempts at handwaving all female casts by hack writers.

Kill yourself.

I read the novels this is based on and the first one is very good. Surreal and tense with a satisfying payoff. And I love Ex Machina.

I have no idea what they're going for with this movie now after this trailer. It certainly gave too much away while also showing it to be an action/horror based movie which it's not. Awful sound cues and editing in this trailer too. The first trailer made me read the book. Now I'm not so excited.

I think you two are on the same side, but your shitposting and reading comprehension confuses you.

That's not how the scientific method works. Unless you value human life less than guinea pigs.

Post more buzzwords faggot.

It was predictable trash with no likeable characters. An unhinged genius gets outsmarted by a virgin soyboy who falls in love with GAL9000 only to project the most ubiquitous man vs machine trope ever. Watch it again, it sucks.

Not gonna argue about the human life comment. but how are you unwilling to disbelief that part of the plot when yo have the bigger issue of an unknown magical/ dimensional barrier?

They're sending multiple teams of people because they want to investigate it and they can't use electronics.

Many experiments or expeditions come at the expense of life, in the argument for growth or discovery.

In the novel this is the 12th (or is it) expedition into this unknown zone, with all manner of combinations of sexes and races, as well as careers. All the expeditions failed spectacularly in various ways and this one just happens to be about the team of all females.

This looks more like a buddy horror, whereas the group in the book are never on the same page right up until the end. I really hope the trailer just made it look corny but damn... a giant bear/pig picking them off and stalking them in a house? No.

Guaranteed the entire team dies except for Natalie because reasons in the end.

>implying

>likeable
you looking for friends on the big screen?

its not really a film. its a play. there's no reason for it to be a film. one set three actors might as well be huis clos

Can someone spoil me is it aliens

>unless you value human life less than guinea pigs.
That's exactly how the organization views the people they send on the expeditions.

What the fuck is wrong with the light effects? They are awful.

>a giant bear/pig picking them off and stalking them in a house
Ya, that manbearpig thing confused me too, in the novel there was something, but it was more ethereal. I remember the conflict was more with the members of the expedition.

I remember the whole thing being darker, visual wise, almost as if was always night.
It's been a while since i read it, so i might be wrong.

Ok soyboy. You look like a perfect cuck.

Well she survives in the book.

>starring (((Hershlag)))
dropped

Men and women have the same living parameters, so what's lethal for one is for the other. Unless they assume the "zone " does have an intelligent discern between social roles there is no reason to expect different results.

true, she isn't even the best (((actress))) in the movie

The book is decent but I don't have much confidence in this. There's 3 books that all released close together but they're only doing the first so we're gonna get some fan fic tier ending.

If this is any good though I'll just saying that the book is rather lovecraftian.

>Unless they assume the "zone " does have an intelligence
Wow. It's almost like that's exactly what's going on in the story.

That is the exact reason though. They don't know. The only way to know is to test the theory. Not taking that road and just sending another group of men proves/disproves nothing. It also isn't social roles. Physiologically speaking men and women are different, so it stands to reason that you could feasibly expect to see a different response or outcome.

user its fucking aliens yes they assume they have some intelligence. An alien thing created this mysterious zone with a border that kills everything that doesn't enter from one specific spot, there's weird shit going on inside and the government is desperate to figure out what/why so they keep sending in different teams and trying all sorts of stupid shit because they don't know what to do because they're dealing with aliens.

Does "pitiful faggot" count as well or does that qualify as 'problematic'.

>this one just happens to be about the team of all females.

Jesus christ, who much of a cuck do yo need to be to do these sorts of mental gymnastics? It's a lame handwave for having an all female cast, nothing more.

More of an interdimensional force than aliens but I guess that's splitting hairs.

>send in all blacks team
>the "zone" instantly fries them
>"It's almost like lt is expressing... racism."

I love it.

The zone is also growing, right? or am i mistaken?

The way this is portrayed I can see people getting a ghostbusters remake type vibe. Some liberal progressive statement about equality.

In the books, these women become savages. There are twists that I didn't expect and violence that I appreciated. Again, I hope this movie is closer to the novel than the shlocky low-budget junk this trailer makes it out to be.

Don't bother, it's just a bait.
he's gonna keep responding with nothing.

ebin XD

The crawler is an alien, or something made by them at least. Being from a different dimension or different planet I'd still call them aliens.

Yes

Enjoy your stay in United States of America while you can, nigger. Purge is coming for you and your progressive LGBTQMYASS friends.

What a qt

Why does there need to be a reason to be all women? There is an in-story reason , but if there wasn't, what would be the issue?

Maybe the dumbest shit I have ever read here

>t. Soybastian d'faggio

The crawler/tower is a person who was transformed by Area X.

retarded pusyposter

This looks like something from the Syfy channel tbqh

I really hope they were able to capture the intense dread during her encounter with the crawler. I really don't like that she either looks like she's casually walking up to it, or shooting it to pieces.

This thing is supposed to mind-fuck her for what feels like an eternity and she experiences a living hell. That's what I was hoping for, but this looks so fucking watered down.

literally everything in that image is fake

>THIS IS FOR JERUSALEM YOU FUCKING SAND MONKEYS
Jesus, Raimi

Remember faggots, we're in an era of nu-male soy boys making hipster films.

>the soyboy mass reply

portman looks awful. didnt even recognize her at first

I think it's more accurate to say he's part of it.

Fuck off autist

@91476707 (you)

looks like there will be a tasteful panty scene though

Just ignore. he just wants attention.

The man made dredd you retard

no this man did