youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg
youtube.com/watch?v=HLfGh2b_me0
youtu.be/KvJDItC6tE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's right after ANH and Empire in my book

>So you are blinded by love?
Fuck off, OP

Stop making the same thread every day

Where does this RotS >/= RotJ meme come from? Don’t get me wrong, I like RotS but there’s no way any thinking person believes it’s better than RotJ.

it's a mess. even clones is better

(You)

Ewoks fuckin ruin RotJ for me so much if they weren't in it, it would've been the best one

because jabba's palace and endor are awful. the only good part is that final showdown

RotJ really isn't that good come to think about it. another Death Star, idiotic plot in Jabbas palace, boring Endor, fucking ewoks, Han Solo just wandering around the set with nothing to do, Vaders character botched, suddenly he becomes Emperors bitch with no personal agenda even though he wanted to overthrow Emperor together with Luke in the previous movie. and this fucking cheesy corny happy end with a dance party to top it all. scenes in the Emperors throne room and sweet ass space battle are the only good parts.

It's a fucking mess but the best prequel and I have a soft spot for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZq53GloUhw

Someone needs to do a recut of RotJ that excludes the Ewoks as much as possible like the one guy did for TPM. Would this be doable?

and Luke is also great in it, him ballancing on the verge of the dark side was done really good. and Vaders funeral always gets me teary, too bad it's immediately runied by the fucing dance fucking party.don't get me wrong, I still very much like this movie, but it's incredibly flawed

Thinskinned soyboy
Jabba’s palace is great, you must be an underage who only saw the Jedi Rock version or still buttblasted your BAD@SS buckethead died like a bitch. Only shit part of Endor is when Threepio is telling the Ewoks the story
Neither is RotS. Fucking rushed first act to introduce a cartoon character to everyone who isn’t a child and watch the cartoons only to kill him off, but before that they instantly kill off Dooku, senate building and boga CGI did not age well at all, easily the worst choreographed saber fights in the franchise for the climactic duel.

You faggots aren’t cool or hip for being contrarians, you’re just fags.

>Jabba’s palace is great

>charater comes into palace
>gets captured
>repeat for an hour
yeah, fucking brilliant

ROTS and ESB are the only two SW films worth a damn. The rest are so flawed in so many ways.

every prequel barely even counts as a movie. Contrarianism isn't cool kiddo

Do you also enjoy the films of Zack Snyder user?

prequels were bold enough to try and expand the star wars universe. Lucas is just the worst director to come out of the american new wave.

K I N O
I
N
O

youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg

>KINO
KINO
>KINO
KINO
>KINO
KINO
>KINO
KINO

youtube.com/watch?v=HLfGh2b_me0

where did this "b-but the prequels tried new things" meme come from? They new ideas were so poorly executed.

>ROTS
A turd rolled in glitter is still a turd.

Most people haven't seen it yet = dust settled?

t. Shit taste pleb

Neck yourself you rat cunt

Sup Forums is full of brainlets user, they also think TPM is a "masterpiece"

They failed because George Lucas did exactly what he wanted.

Not an argument. Give it 1 more try pal.

>they also think TPM is a "masterpiece
Nice putting words in peoples mouths.

The fact of the matter is, nobody gives a fuck about The Phantom Menace except the last 10 minutes (duel of the fates), nobody gives a fuck about Attack of the Clones at all, but people did enjoy Revenge of the Sith as a whole movie.

hmm

>Not an argument

Well done. I was just pointing out your shit taste, not arguing with you, you thick cunt.

Can Sup Forums name ONE (1) scene from the original trilogy as good as this?

This is true. It's tacky, but in a good way. Anakin's and Sheev's retarded dialogue somehow makes it really endearing. Obi Wan fucking up Anakin like the soyboy he is was the icing on the cake.

>n-nobody said that

youtu.be/KvJDItC6tE0

Why the fuck do the Brits like the prequels so much?

>sorry you just have bad taste XD
>how?
>I-I'm not arguing with you idiot XD Wow! I really got him!

>the medichlorians

fuck what a turn off

I'm a 25 yo babby that first fell in love with the prequels, but I don't like RotJ at all. Almost everything on Endor pisses me off, and when you watch the prequels first, Palpatine's death is a real letdown.
5 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 1 > 2
Granted, I've also read the novelizations, so I'm a little biased here.

I NEED HIM

what a stupid scene

>How

But you didn't say that did you...

If you're going to try and act all superior at least try and quote your own posts properly. Now take your room temperature IQ and fuck off you mongoloid.

with a few dialog and edit tweaks, ROTS can be a perfect film

it has the most solid story of the prequels

>g-go away
yeah, alright buddy

Blinded by nostalgia the thread.

>Misquoting every time

tfw people actually think a movie as dumb and boring as this is actually good

I think I might lose the will to live

Go watch the Plinkett reviews you idiots

newfag

Tfw anakin becomes a psychopath murder all so he can save Padme, then force chokes her before she has gives birth and screams Noooo when she dies then gets over it straight away

>fuck off =/= go away

>RotS is 13 years old next May

>can't make an argument
>n-new

t. Soyboy

Anakin's whole transition to the dark side was dumb. He should have faced a situation more similar to Luke in RoTJ but he failed, would be more pottery like seeing his son do what he couldn't made him turn back to good.

Instead we have the RoTS version where apparently the lesson is don't fall in love with anyone or someone will use it to trick you into murdering kids.

>all so he can save Padme
brainlet. lemme hook you up with some character analysis
Anakin gets way too much hate and I want to clarify things about why he's actually a great character.

Limits. Anakin is defined by his limitations. As a child he was a slave, as a jedi he was shackled by the code and obiwan, as a sith he was shackled by his suit and palpatine, and as a man shackled by his fear of losing those close to him. Anakin is a supremely powerful being, the chosen one, and the slavery he must endure never allows him break free, to be himself, to have free agency. Imagine having all the power in the world and never being able to actually use it, thats Anakin.

Anakin craves freedom, to pursue himself and choose for once what he wants. Podracing as a child helps with this, he is able to build his own pods and race. He does this on his own, he carves it out for himself and ends up winning the championship. It buys him out of slavery, yet only to wind up locked into a new set of chains, the jedi order. Even in freedom, Anakin is not free.

Samefag

>doesn't have the brain power to actually use words
>s-soyboy XD Wow! I got him!

Let me move onto Palpatine and how easy it was for him to prey on anakin. The promises of no limitations, the promise of freedom, unlimited power to do with as anakin pleased, the prospect of saving padme. All the sand is gone, and replaced with smooth. Notice how everything palpatine is around is smooth, watery, billowy, his lightsaber blade ignites in a slow smooth fashion instead of the snap hiss of the jedis(like the crack of a whip, get it), even his fucking lightning streams out of his fingertips like a geyser.

Anakin cant help but notice, and be enthralled by this man. The most powerful man in the galaxy, the one with no limitations at all. The one with no sand.

When Anakin meets Palpatine and Windu on that ledge, it is the shatterpoint (as windu calls it). Windu has this ability to find "shatterpoints" fault lines in the force that he could use to see what paths others would go down. the funny thing is, he never used it on anakin. he never thought he needed to, anakin was shackled, chained by the jedi, shackled by being the chosen one. In that moment windu realizes anakin is THE shatterpoint. Anakin finally gets to choose, and with the amputation of windus arm he shatters all the limitations he has. This is the true birth of anakin skywalker, the first choice he gets to make on his own.

>Guaranteed (you) every time

Keep going Soyboy. Let the butthurt flow through you

and? These are from 2 different arguments brainlet

Unfortunately Anakin then unknowingly gives one last chain to Palpatine. Believing Palpatine to be his friend and equal, he pledges himself to the teachings of the sith. This reincarnation of anakin is his destruction of all his chains. Following this Anakin cleanses the last remaining memories of his chains. He eradicates the jedi and their dogmatic indifference, those that would have kept him from his love and his potential. Next he moves to Mustafar and cleanses it of the separatists council, those who would dare harm his family and friends, those who would dare drag the galaxy into a war that claimed so many anakin knew and couldnt save. Then as anakin stands on his monument, his boiling planet covered in volcanic glass (see how the sand has been made glass and the ground turned molten, everything is limitless to anakin now on his planet) his prize arrives. His angel, in the form of a glowing chrome bird, arrives. Finally he can be with her, no more limits, no more secrets, no more hiding, no more death. But, he sees obiwan, and she is crying. This isnt what he wanted. Obi Wan has made her a limit, and like turning coal into a diamond he crushes her. He is limitless, and even she won't stop him.

I don't know why you think you're superior here pal

>Palpatine and how easy it was for him to prey on anakin. The promises of no limitations, the promise of freedom, unlimited power to do with as anakin pleased

But he doesn't talk about any of that to Anakin his whole deal is literally
>I can save your gf's life bro

and then after he kills Windu
>lol jk I actually don't know how but hey we'll figure it out together I promise

Disgusting. Kys you abhorrent cunt.

Real quick lets talk about Obis and anis fighting styles. Obi wan uses soresu, the defensive form. Its a form based upon limits. Obi is neither the best fighter, the most aggressive, the most skilled, he simply is the best at knowing his limitations and how to overcome them. Anakin uses Djem So, a hyper fast aggressive style made of power attacking and rapid countering. Perfect for someone bursting with potential and needing a release from their limits. Anakins fighting style relies on no limits, he pushes himself to the edge every duel, and can sometimes tap into limitless potential. However the jedi restraint always made him hesistant to kill . As they fight it becomes apparent that it is an almost even match, anakins ferocity and limitlessness matched by obi wans slow, fluid defense. Obi wan realizes that anakin can not be stopped in this state, and so decides the only way to win is to use every available limitation to his advantage. He jumps to the highground, has anakin on a droid hovering on lava, and goads him saying the fights over. Obi Wan knows he has every advantage, and Anakin is severely limited. Unrelenting in his newfound freedom anakin refuses to acknowledge any more limits and hurls himself at his master. His hubris costs him his limbs, immobilizing him, limiting him. His only arm that works is robotic, yet another limit, and as he struggles to claw his way up the bank the volcanic glass turns back into sand, digging into his skin, corroding his arm and jamming it. the sand burns, kissing him like a long lost lover, welcoming him back to his slavery. Palpatine arrives, and not granting the freedom of death saves him. Now a cyborg slave, anakin has become exactly what he feared the most.

nice argument. Try actually explaining why i'm wrong next time.

Anakins last act, his true rebirth, is the death of the emperor. The final chain he gave so long ago broken, and as he looks into the eyes of his son, as he feels his spirit become one with the force, he finally becomes free, fluid, all encompassing.

no more sand

tl:dr george is a genius and youre literally too stupid to understand a kid movie if you dont get what he was doing

>It's an "autist replies to every attempt to troll him" thread

My favourite.

Prequel lovers will be redeemed!

>N-n-nice a-argument
How pathetic a human being do you have to be for this to be your only reply to people ripping the piss out of you.

>internet troll in 2017
really makes you think
when was your last offline contact with a human?

What are you getting out of this? I feel nothing.

>He's still going
Star wars autists are the absolute worst

nice

you realize you willingly opened and participated in a star wars thread right?

I did, as it's guaranteed to stir up retards like you.

what is people's fucking problem with ewoks? I never got it

Are you somehow implying that ROTS is not as flawed as other star wars movies? I like it but it's a fucking mess even more than the other prequels

That's exactly what they mean. They TRIED to add a bunch of cool things to the universe but it all fell flat because the movies were awful

Post your reasons why the movies are awful.

"move yo crackah ass right nao anakin"
I certainly didn't expect that

So is there any camrips for TLJ yet?

top 8, right above the Holiday Special.

>POOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAA unlimited POOOWAAAA
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>It's over Anakin I have the high ground

Every line of dialog is horribly comically bad.
Retards just like it because they think the 2 hour long videogame fight is deep because of the strong connection Anakin and Ben had in their cartoons but that didn't really exist in the movies.

I'm not gonna review 3 movies in depth because I'm not autistic, but to put it shortly:
Bad CGI, characters that were criminally underdeveloped, pacing all over the place (in the first hour or so of ROTS they kill Dooku on his like second appearance ever, then Obi Wan kills Count Grievous before we even get to really know who he is, and I'm sure there are a couple more things that happen but I havent seen it in like 5 years), etc.
Don't get me wrong. I appreciate what the prequels wanted to bring to Star Wars, I think their setting is way more interesting than in the OT, and I prefer them a million times before what Disney is doing to the franchise right now, but they're very very flawed movies. George is just not good at certain things like editing

No. Revenge of the Sith is hot garbage except for the fight on Mustafar, but Attack of the Clones is the worst big budget movie I've ever seen. Phantom Menace is the best prequel movie. Podracing, Duel of the Fates, and most importantly, no awful fucking Padme/Anakin romance.

mission accomplished then freak

Whilst I agree with you for the most part....

>Bad CGI
At the time was fantastic, it's just not aged very well. If it wasn't for the techniques used by ILM on these movies there wouldn't have been the advances in technology we see today. They used those films to pioneer a lot of tech.

>Grevious
Do we really need to know who he is? We know he's a general of the enemy, working for Sidious. I don't need to know what he eats for his breakfast in order to know he has to die.

>I hate being reminded that I'm watching a kid's movie!
that's literally it

They dedicated a whole subplot to Grievous, but it felt totally pointless and disconnected with the rest of the movie. Setting up a villain is very important if you want your audience to care about it.
What they did instead is basically someone saying "hey so there's this Grievous guy and he's escaping so go kill him", then Obi goes on a stealth mission for like 4 minutes and kills him. And you as the audience are just left thinking "...okay?". Dooku has the same problem.
Vader gets a bunch of scenes so that you get to see him, both in how he antagonizes the protagonists and just how he operates in general.

I see your point. But for me it wasn't an issue really, sure I was intrigued by his character, why he was coughing, why he had organs etc, but it didn't ruin the movie for me.

Are you an angel?

I agree, the space battle was the best one star wars has ever done. But the scenes of Luke fighting Vader and throwing away his lightsaber at the end make the whole mess of a movie worth it. It really was well done.

>Anakin wants to use the dark side to save padame, understandable, but why does he turn into an edgy child murdering evil villian in the space of 3 seconds, his character instantly becomes boring
>"From my point of view the Jedi are evil!!" Comical line because he just blurts out his stance in the way no decent writer would make him do and no human in real life would say this. Also funny because the only reason he needs to say this is because the movie completely failed in showing why he formed his opinion - he hasn't seen the jedi do anything bad apart from not make him a master. and palpatine brainwashing him wasn't shown properly.
>End battle with anakin and obi wan meant to be the climax of the whole trilogy but has zero emotional impact because the only bonding we see in 3 movies was the attack on general grevious' ship at the start of ep 3 for 15 minutes, the rest of the time they act like they don't like each other. End battle also goes on for wayyy too long and gets boring, set pieces one upping themselves in the same battle get ridiculous and anime-tier.
>Mace Dindu finds out Palpatine is a sith lord, doesn't tell anyone and only takes 3 shit fighters to arrest him
>Padame loses the will to live
>Anakin doesn't save padame, gets turned into a cyborg but then decides to be sheev's henchmen anyway because why not he's come this far. Worst imaginable Darth Vader origin story, he wasn't seduced by the dark side, he was basically tricked into becoming evil and then just went with it like a retard
Revenge of the sith is fucking shit. People started saying it was good as a meme and spastics actually fell for it and started saying it unironically. The writing especially is piss poor, and not just even the story but the dialogue too

It's a shitty movie, but it's great for memes. It's the TDKR of Star Wars

technology wise as well, even though Lucas was a bit early and things look dated

It's only topped by ESB and TLJ

lol this TLJ shilling is getting as pathetic and obvious as Hillshills were

This ranks below Caravan of Courage.

ROTS unironically has the best lightsaber duel in all of the SW films, on top of that it is the most emotionally intense lightsaber duel in any film and it's not even close to be honest.

>inb4 hurr durr too flashy
Fuck off they are space wizards. They should be flashy.