>V > IV
dumb redditor idiot moron

>Empire isn't the best
Kys

V > IV > III > VI > I = II > R1 > VII

III > V > II > IV > I = IV > R1 > VII > VIII

>considering R1 at all

OP here. I change my mind, is correct.

V > IV > VII > VI > R1 > III > I > II. This is the only order that makes sense. Anyone that puts VII below the prequels is a contrarion retards.

But VII sucked. It was JJ's mystery box mess with nostalgia

This. Faggots who puts III high are newfags born after 1995 or someething.

V > IV > VI > R1 > VII > III > II > I
Watching VIII tonight

From what I can tell from most these ranking Sup Forums knows nothing about what makes a good film.

V > IV > VI > >III > II > I > VII > CoC > R1

>Anyone that puts VII below the prequels is a contrarion retards.
Perhaps VII is truly that horrible? What did it do right? Characters were still dull. Horrible CGI, minimal practical effects, nonsensical plot, etc.

Hello Mickey.

OP is correct.

/thread

Holy shit a post on Sup Forums which I agree with. Never thought I'd see the day.

At its very worst its just ok. I'm sorry anyone that thinks it's terrible is just trying to hard.

> Anyone that puts VII below the prequels is a contrarion retards.

This, before VII came out everyone hated, not disliked, not liked ironically, HATED the prequels. They are not better in comparison, they are the same bad movies.

Go to bed JJ, VII was utter shite.

t. Someone who watched the OT at the cinema.

That's because I'm french and you probably are too.

Characters were generally good. Used a good mix of cgi and practical effects. Cgi was of a high quality. Try again you troll

Contrarian prequel lovers can go fuck themselves. The main character of your gay trilogy didn't show up for the first hour. How can you possibly defend that

Or people genuinely don't like it and see it for the soulless cash grab that it is.

It wasn't shite, at worst its ok.

V > IV > VII > VI > III > R1 > I > II

Nah mate, I'm Aussie. I am learning French though

There's a huge difference between not liking something and saying it's bad. A difference that most people here are incapable of understanding.

The Prequels are bad movie, badly made and just awful to watch.

The new movies are slighty easier on the eyes but rape the lore even harder and have very unsatistying storylines.

Can we agree on this ?

>At worst it's ok
It's almost as if movies are subjective and people have different opinions/like different things...

Almost.
V > IV > VI > VII > III > R1> I > II

The only good Star Wars movies are the original three and maybe Rogue One.

Stop liking bullshit you fucking hipsters.

How do they rape the lore? Star wars has always from the very beginning been extremely inconsistent in its lore.

Phantom Menace better than prequels?

What a nigger

Currently watching I. It is absolutely, 100% better than VII in every way.

Read it again you fucking retard.

I'm not saying the OT was perfect but the New Movies really does stupid things with the lore. The "First Order" and "Resistance" instead of Empire and Rebellion is just retarded.

Subjectively you can not like something and that's fine, there are plenty of film's that I don't like, but I can look objectively and appreciate why they are good, objectively VII is fine.

The only good Star Wars movies are the original three.

Stop liking bullshit you fucking hipsters.

all wrong holy shit

>they’re good
You mean one dimensional? The perfect, unbeatable heroine. The comedic relief ex storm trooper.
>cgi and practical
Horrible. They had more shots with CGI than TPM. Not only that but they didn’t even have as many practical effects as the prequels. No miniatures. Instead, we have Rathtars and Maz.

Enjoy being 15

Is that the Xbox 360 version?

That's not raping the lore. The first order is an off shoot of the empire. The resistance is group attempting to keep them in check.

SNES.

Fuck off George

I miss the Imperial Remnant

They're so well defined they're pretty much dropping the "Resistance" name in VIII to become rebels again.

Oh your one of those retards. Waaaaa Mary sue waaaaaaa. That has been disproven so hard at this point that anyone that still uses it is an embarrassment to the human race.

V > IV > III > VI > I > II > > > > > > shit > > > > > > VII > > > > > > > shit > > > > > > +shit > > > > > > VIII

>More shots that were CG
Except the CG mostly looks good. Prequel CG is video game tier for the most part, doesn't hold up

t. Autist

This is correct.

V > IV > I > VII > R1 > II > III > VIII > VII

The phantom menace is the most criminally underrated movie in the entire series. The last third of that movie is the best in any of the star wars movies, IMO. It has its lows, but its easily the most creative star wars movie, barring the original

>GOD TIER
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope

>GOOD TIER
3. Return of the Jedi

*POWER GAP*

>BAD, BUT INTERESTING TIER
4. Revenge of the Sith

>MEME TIER
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

*POWER GAP*

>DISNEY TRASH TIER
7. The Force Awakens
8. Rogue One
9. (Probably the new movie)

>putting any spinoff or prequel movie before ROTJ

only faglords do this shit.

IV > V > VI > III > R1 > VII > I > II > dogshit > VIII

Based user.

IV > V > VI > III > I > II > VII > R1

Swap three and one and we're in business

>TFA worse than AOTC
Nice meme

The prequels used a lot of miniatures that looked horrific, because they did such a horrible job of compositing characters into the miniatures.

Truthdubs

>III anywhere near the top

Only acceptable answer

Jesus Christ people are now trying to attack VII based on its effects. Sup Forums is just full of transparent trolls.

It doesn’t look good. It’s Michael bay while drunk.

Literally what?

This is just really shitty trolling. This is an aspect of the film that's mostly very good.

Where were people attacking VIIs effects exactly?

The only reason Sup Forums pretends the prequels aren't shit is because they're not made by Disney

The miniatures themselves were pretty good. The composition wasn’t inferior to the blatant cg in tfa.

Just have a look through the latter parts of this thread. People saying the effects are terrible.

> First rule of the edgy cunt: always hate the latest the most

>This is an aspect of the film that's mostly very good.

The phantom menace is awful, the plot makes no sense, it has everything I hate in an adventure movie (kids, "funny" mascots, shiny things to look at without substance, wars without showing it really).

This is correct.

Are you kidding? The CGI was the same overly shiny crud you see in every Hollywood film today.

Nice.
Glad Revenge is finally getting recognition as pretty decent.

Some of the miniatures look ok mostly in tpm. But most of them look pretty bad. Very artifical looking. The compositing particularly in II is awful (The factory, kamino). You really don't have a leg to stand on here.

>Very artifical looking
>literally the point was to show how artificial the facility was
>compared to

That was one short scene. Apart from that the effects are good. I didn't like this scene much due to the design of the creatures and the effects.

V > IV > VI > R1 > VII > II > 1

Empire is the best. It's got Hoth and Cloud City. Lando's character development is an unsung legend.

IV benefits from just being a fun mix of samurai and flash Gordon movies. A swashbuckler with lasers.

RotJ is better than people give it credit. Unfortunately, time has spoiled the fact that Luke stays good, but when it came out, the question was: Will Luke Go Darkside!? and if you go into the movie with this question, many of the scenes click much better. People give it grief because of Ewoks, but the prequels were nothing BUT Ewoks.

Rogue1 is a world war 2 movie in Star Wars.

VII doesn't know what character development is. It figures since characters were developed in the OT, and it's the first of a 3-part series, they can get away with it. They can't. The movie sucks for it.

III was a victim of IV, making Anakin's fall contrived and unbelievable. Lucas's bad writing/directing made the rest unwatchable. The characters are wooden as the politics. Anakin's fall is insanely contrived and unbelievable. Doesn't make sense that Vader ("the emperor's lapdog") wouldn't possess consistent loyalty to anyone. You almost wish that the whole movie could be forgotten and left to the imaginations of the viewers to patch together what happened between II and IV.

II had detective Obiwan (I'm a sucker for mysteries) and I's Tattooine was comfy.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. They had a panel a while back where they discussed the practical effects and praised it.

There is not a single second in kamino that looks like obi wan is there.

Correct opinion confirmed:
V > IV = VIII > III > VI > VII >>> R1 >>> II > I
>inb4 >putting VIII equal second

Jesus Christ fucking kys.

The sets were great. What are you smoking?

>Can't even point out where
Disregarded.

Nice assertion. Now where’s the evidence? None of TFA’s CGI space battles look like they’re real.

time to leave contrarian redditor

> Zombie Portman
> Long-haired Anakin
> Palpatine being obvious as fuck at every turns and Jedis doing fucking nothing
> CGI Cardboard Koruscant
> General Grievious as a whole
> Going from "I just want to protect Padme" to "Let's kill children" in 5 minutes
> Spinning sheev and the lame jedis
> High ground
> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah. Decent.

Actually I do know what I'm talking about. Effects wise tpm is very impressive and a decent amount of them are worthy of praise, probably should have clarified that I wasn't talking about I. But II and III are horrific.

> Going from "I just want to protect Padme" to "Let's kill children" in 5 minutes
Didn’t he go on a rampage in Clones?

>high ground
>bad
t. low ground soyboy boytoy me hoy minoy

As opposed to the masterpiece that is The force awakens?

Why would you oppose them ? It's shit. You can't go around saying III is "decent".

Oh yeah. That. Makes total sense he keeps being a jedi after that btw. But in his mind it was justified... how does he justify murdering helpless children, that I don't know.