Justice League of America #4 Storytime

Storytime of pain

Shoot, forgot to make a witticism in the OP.

Well, the show must go on...

Split between GLC or DetCom as my last storytime of the night.

Any preference?

Pretty sure he just broke those not bent them.

'Tec would be great

Yeah I think the artist fucked up.

Izzat fucking Batrider?

Unless this is just Totemic Magic, I'm pretty sure Havok's metal skin wouldn't intake poison since we've never seen him sweat.

Welp.

Support your LCS.

Isn't Thunderer's ax stone? So this is Earth 7 then, the one destroyed by Gentry.

Action Comics: Hal Jordan & The GLC: New Super-Man:

Huh, did DC have a Microverse?

Also wonder what ultimately ineffectual bullshit Dreamslayer is gonna do when he reappears.

Poison arrow frogs need to be ingested anyways, pretty sure, anything "poisonous" has to be ingested or intravenously injected, while venom is dangerous just to the touch

Yeah that's Earth 7. Looks like artist got the wrong ax.

I'm gonna say magic just so I don't go crazy

Holy shit! The universe at a super small nanoscopic level looks like swirling colors! I never would have expected that! What a twist!

this makes Hitch's JL look really good

Why can Orlando only write Midnighter?

I was excited at first to see some Multiversity stuff get used but then not much interesting was done with it and he did it wrong. How do you manage to use characters from literally only one comic and manage to get the info wrong?

>Lord Havok and these Marvel Expies
>only one comic
Oh little casual

These specific ones as far as I know. These are the Ultimate Marvel expies anyways user. Know what you talk about before calling others casuals.

No, he's right. It's weird that they clearly used the Multiversity Guidebook for reference, but still managed to get a bunch of details wrong. Thunderer being dead, Thunderer using an ax instead of a spear, Crusader having an open top cowl, it's all in this uncanny valley of being accurate enough be recognizable but also inaccurate enough to make you wonder what the deal is.

Oh hey, Reis is actually doing the pencils again. God can't they do what Batman does and have them switch by arc instead of by issue?

Egh, it's better than JL and Avengers but literally the only good thing about this book is Lobo. Orlando can only really write edgy 90s characters.

that's a cute little pepe

How can Batman block a blow from Havok? Or does that shield work like Captain America's

He was talking about his skull, which he just dented

Who's what Captain Batman are talking with?

I still cant believe they brought that guy back. I hated his design back then and I still hate it now

i'm certain i recognise the red guy but i just cant place it

Well thanks OP, cant say it wus good or anything, but pages like and intrigue me enough to keep reading it for maybe a few more issues.

I liked this, thanks OP.

>Justice League of America
>not having tentacle rape

well that was underwhelming.. I was hoping Havok would actually be estabished in the DC universe instead of a one off character.

Hawkman? So this is all a Metal tie in

That's not Hawkman at all. Not even the same universe as hawkman.

This book never had a chance. It sucks and I suck for still reading it.

writer appears to be an idiot. Look what he does with Frost powers.
Cant breath super cold air! but, breathing super hot air? A ok.

Lobo being Lobo and blossoming ForstxAtom romance is great. But I really hope the next arc isn't more WORLD ENDING stuff. We need issues to focus on character.

Anyone read the solicits?

It's a pastiche of Yellowjacket. All of the heroes from his world are pastiches of the Avengers. That's Captain America being strangled to death by Doctor Doom there while Thor's hammer lays on the ground next to him.

Lobo needs his own book. He's being held back by being part of a team.

Thanks OP. I'm fucking LOVING JLA it's actually the book I'm enjoying most from Rebirth, weirdly enough.

Not the best, but the one I'm enjoying most.

Lobo will lose his Healingfactor

Whoops. Tried to spoiler this one. Sry, lads.

>Adamantium
>Lobo don't give a fuck

oh fuck, that's great.

bent his skull casing, meaning when his brain tries to grow back it will be trying to grow back into a skull no longer big enough to hold it. Lobo just gave the guy permanent brain damage, Bastish

took 5 fucking issues to address the elephant in the room, WHY IS LOBO ON A TEAM ABOUT HUMANS?!

ug...well glad I'm not buying anymore but I will keep trying for a little longer. There is almost NO character interaction in this book and that is KILLING it. This is a team that could really bounce off each other but NOTHING happens.

>Or does that shield work like Captain America's
It is, for all intents and purposes, Captain America's shield.

I don't know what this means at all! :V

That Batman line was unnecessary. It would have been good enough for the reader to know that, not the characters. It makes him come off as a smarmy prick

This is reminiscent of something, but I can't put it into place... The words remind me of something The Atom may have said around Countdown and the images remind me of the page when Barry remembered Wally from DC Rebirth.

What an original cover. It is like nothing that has ever been done before!

I'm really only here for Vixen, is her movie any good? What else can I read with her?

in case nobody noticed, Batman's not wrong.

or at least he's aware that he doesn't stay that way for very long anymore.

looks like lobo fashioned a scythe from his opponents other arm.

Wandjina used the spear. Thunderer had an axe, but Lord Havok broke it in Multiversity #1. I suppose he reforged it. Also Thunderer is wearing Wandjina's costume which is odd

Orlando says that's something Batman would never do, implying something's up with him.

She had a mini a few years back that's surprisingly good. Solid 7.5/10

Reis isn't as fast as Finch or Janin.

>Batman with a captain america's analogue shield
nice

I think Ray has spoken maybe 5 times in all 4 of these issues.

Its anither angor. Not earth 7 or 8.

>when a comic is 2deep4u
Feels brainlet

Who is Dreamslayer supposed to be? He's the only Extremist I can't place.

Seems like a Dormammu pastiche.

poison dart frogs are actually poisonous to the touch. Venom needs to be injected

I have almost no idea either. The closest I can think up is a fucked up Franklin Richards. I was thinking molecule man before but he wasn't born with his powers.