Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #18 Storytime

Light up the whole damn sky, Daniel!

This one's for the Green and the Yellow!

Was this the first time Space Ape was named?

Man, that uniform feels so good...

>Unless there is a sudden influx of simians donning power rings...
that's funny because Green Lantern/Planet of the Apes crossover is happening, and pretty sure a lot of simians are getting power rings

I'm pretty sure initially Sinestro had his rings prioritize or at least not screen incredibly violent criminals because the initial purpose of the Sinestro Corps was to bring the Green Lanterns more in line with his vision.

But now that Soranik is in charge, can't she tweak the programming so the Rings focus on people who've inspired great fear but aren't murderously insane?

OTP

Guy continues to be best boy

They better not have killed off Space Ape already.

I remember that guy!

is this where hal forged his ring

Support your LCS.

HOLY SHIT

Is this the first time he's shown up since Flashpoint?

Action Comics: Detective Comics: JLA: New Super-Man: Bet you thought that OP line was just a Booster Gold gag?

OH SHIT

IT'S ALMOST BOOSTER TIME

I've wondered what he was called.

he was in convergence

I legit would like a comic about just Laterns like these guys flying around space and stuff.

I'm trying to think if Hal Jordan has ever met Rip Hunter before. I'm not coming up with anything. Maybe during Zero Hour, but is that even canon anymore?

it's supposed to be canon because Hal said he's been parallax but it's all fucked because johns refused to reboot with new 52

Johns Booster Gold run, I think it's after Ted is rescued. Even then it's Hal attacking them as Parallax.

He's finally back! Since what? pre52?

Whatever happened to Soranik's girl buddy who can dissect people with her mind?

>Pushing out Walkillo for Guykillo
I'm conflicted.

Doing her thing with other background characters.

Aren't three of the colored rings flat out parasitic? Purple, indigo and orange where stated to flat out brain wash wielders. So, where the fuck does this "they're just guns/tools" nonsese expect to find traction?

Don't forget that the default Red option is to turn them into mindless rage zombies, so John is pretty much full of shit.

Was hoping for Rond Vidar but this works too.

>OTP

shit taste.

it's funny because in the GLC Future's End tie-in an Indigo Ring basically turns John into a vegetable.

Does he mention the marines in that future?

Speaking of red lanterns, pretty sure one of the stories involving them was about how impossible it was to do good with them, even if you wanted to. I think it was Rankorr or something.

he basically becomes a full blown "MUH MARINES" there, acting like a drill sergeant. Even Kilowog would say geez.

Well that's unsettling.

After Final Crisis on a hunt for Batman

>Man, that uniform feels so good...

The word "iconic" gets bandied around a lot, but honestly, it's such an elegantly simple, distinctive and immediately-identifiable look, it's hard to argue with it. One of the few truly iconic super hero costumes to originate in the early 1990s.

Weirdly enough, the only other one that springs to mind from that era is Deadpool.

the fuck is even going on in this cover?

this variant isn't quite as great as most of Nowlan's have been.

>American education
Neither Germany nor Japan ever wanted that, even if just for geographical reasons.
>trust
More like "carpet bombings" and "puppet governments" but sure

I forgot about that. And it's almost certainly still canon, being tied to Morrison's Batman and a post GL-Rebirth story.

I wonder if that's an intentional reference.

Haven't be reading this and Green Lanterns.. how are they so far?

ah yes that time after the war when germany wanted to be our ally and we cut the country in 4 and occupied it

>red ring will literally expel your heart from your body and turn you into a mindless berserker with boiling blood
>orange ring is Larfleeze's will being superimposed on you after he killed you and made you a construct
>violet ring is downright parasitic and will require your personality to change
>indigo ring flat-out turns you into a mindless drone with little to no personality
Fuck off John, you're embarassing yourself

>Rip MOTHERFUCKING Hunter
OH SHI-
>and he's wearing a Green Lantern ring
OH FUCK!

>nyaaargh
Tom Taylor would be proud

Wonderful issue, I love this kind of premonitory stuff from the future, thanks a lot for the story time.
Please someone a edit of this but with face of Hal instead of Kyle.

OH SHIT

Yes

Am I supposed to interpret John as a good leader? All he does he yell orders at people who only occasionally listen and reference the US military

>OTP
>Not Kyle/Donna
Shit taste, bro

Still not happy that they nerfed Kyle again, and i'm worried about the rumors that he's going to get killed, but the original costume does have some charm, and at least he seems to have a role in the comic again.

Still, there's no way that I can see 6 human lanterns running around at the same time, so this doesn't bode well....

>about the rumors that he's going to get killed
If only...

>and i'm worried about the rumors that he's going to get killed
That stupid Sup Forums rumors thread? I wouldn't worry too hard

Thanks for the post, issue was okay. Not a fan on the art for this issue. Every time the issue shows John it just sours my mood. The whole "Rings are just guns" is pretty wrong since they have specific purposes. I really hope Ganthet and Sayd take their Guardian roles again so there wont be a corps leader.

The Treant died? Aww, I thought they made a neat combo with fire elemental.

Is that Mukmuk's evil twin?

Guy is still best guy.

Has Guy ever been Green Lantern Corps leader?

I don't know much about about Arkillo, but that fight between him and Guy was complete bullshit right?
Because I've heard he's fought Mongul hand to hand before.

Aliens always job to make the human lanterns look better. It sucks, but that's how it goes.

>Me and the Ark

I want Guy, Arkillo and Saint Walker to grab a beer and have adventures

I fucking love this relationship they're building between Arkillo and Guy.

I can't believe how many good comics DC has out right now.

Maybe he inherited that GL ring from his dad?

It was pretty bullshit but not surprising

Fucking human writers and their human biases!

>Please someone a edit of this but with face of Hal instead of Kyle.

You mean instead of Jade

The first arc seemed to be Hal being best boy. Now Guy is.

I wonder if this means that, eventually, we'll get a John that isn't trash.

>I wonder if this means that, eventually, we'll get a John that isn't trash
Venditti may have improved but he's not a miracle worker

Did Hal leave so much will splattered all over a cave when forging his ring that he accidentally animated crystals with raw willpower?

goddamit I hope that they didn't die

That's a stupid comparison John, especially for rings that are farther away from the center of the spectrum, only blue and yellow can really call themselves "just guns", the others fucking change their wielders.

Apparently

Leaving the gauntlet laying on the ground out in the open was probably not a great idea either

>Space Ape

I'm already loving this guy.

>Break it up
>Only attack yellows
Totally not showing any bias John.

Reminder that Arkillo and Guy fought for your sins and rose from their medical beds 3 days later

Blue ones are shit guns though... It's like having a gun that shoots band aids or something

How's Carol doing Kyle?

STANDING

Raise this battery raise this battery one two three four

>Salaak still has his stupid Bugs Bunny gloves
Thank you DC

Is Arkillo the biggest doormat in comics or what

It was all a fever dream brought on by the immense power of the White Light user.

F

I wish they'd just give Soranik a single emblem. Giving her two give them a pasty effect IMO.

I hope that was the point

>C.H.A.D.

Must draw a lot of power from /r9k/.

>saint walker having trouble handling his alcohol compared to guy and the ark

C U T E