Guardians of the Galaxy #19 Storytime

The nightmare is finally over! Rev up that Bendisspeak folks, because it's time for the BENDIS' BIG-TIME BYE BYE BLOWOUT!

Storytiming Guardians of the Galaxy #19

>one of my favorite artists has been trapped on this book for the past 2 years
It's been hard, lads. Hopefully he does something under a competent writer for his next gig.

FINALLY SCHITI IS FREE OF THE BENIS!

What would you like to see him draw interiors for next?

As dumb as the Kitty bullshit was, if I have to give Bendis credit for anything, it's that even he never made me hate her as much as Humphries did. Thank the lord she won't be in Duggan's.

They just keep drawing Rocket smaller and smaller. They're going to de-age him into a cub at this rate.

Come on Drax, anyone with eyes can see that Thanks has armored up his crotch.

>friendly fire

Alright. That got a chuckle out of me. Probably wouldn't if this wasn't the last issue.

The colorist really shits up the art too. I don't remember who did him on JiM but that looked really great.

>I don't remember who did him on JiM but that looked really great.
Agreed, the coloring on his New Avengers was also great.

F

He's probably going to be an alternate on Miles or Defenders

Or FF with Bendis

that flashback panel is straight up traced

>He's probably going to be an alternate on Miles or Defenders
He seems to be guest drawing on Fem Thor for at least a issue, that would make the most sense, his style works well with Russells.

It's finally over, folks. The long, dark nightmare is finally over.

Cringe.

REALLY? REALLY BENDIS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT, your really just gonna skip over the battle? You damn well know that group doesn't have the power to stop Thanos, your a fucking coward who couldn't find a solution so you just jump past it, fuck you you god damn hack!

>unhand me, you piece of human filth!
>MUTANT filth, but sure
Didn't she decide to stop with that in the X-Men book?

Didn't the avengers like
Fly across the galaxy during infinity
In multiple ships

Hopefully Duggan can properly salvage the franchise. For the first time in a long time, I have hope for the Guardians.

WHY IS FUCKIN NOVA COPS STILL ALIVE IN BENDIS UNOVERSE?

Truth. And this isn't even something I've seen just Bendis do, current writers have a tendency to create impossible situations and then they realize they wrote themselves into a hole which is when they proceed to start pulling shit out of their ass.

Colossus shirt really made her think

Hahahahahhahaha
>marvel storytelling

So what exactly happened during this run besides the Rich stuff

>if I make characters in the book approve of my idea it'll make me immune to criticism

As much as I like Irani, I want to know this too.
Is this meant to be based.. After Nova #7?

I don't have it in me anymore to give the guardians comics a chance.

>that Anhilious dialogue

It's over now, Bendis can't rape marvel cosmic anymore.

AFAIK the Nova Corps were going to come back in the Nova ongoing, but that story hasn't started yet

In 2 ships. Both of which were destroyed. But yes, it's stupid.

I want Bendis black son to get shoot

art adams draws so little now a days this feels like a waste

Carol gave Johnny a ship that flew to Andromeda just so he could visit Ben.

And with how horrible the sales for the Nova ongoing are, it'll probably never happen there and just be covered in flashbacks of GotG.

I feel like he put more work into this retrospective than he ever did writing the actual book.

Uh... Aliens hate Earth, Quill's dad is a dick, and everyone has daddy issues.

So your average Mass Effect game really. Less Ancient Evils Awakening.

How can i ever recover?

Gamora, Peter and Drax got their personalities and back stories severly raped
Symbiotes' official name is Klyntar and they're a peaceful race
Some space people got wiped out
Angela is a thing now

this is an essential Benis page

I can't get over how Bendis sat on this book between two movies for no other reason than because there was a movie based on the stuff the guys before him had done. And how awful it really was the whole way through.

>Listen man, I'm like really tired and don't really want to keep up the WUHWUH PUNY HUMANS thing at the moment right now really. I mean is there a problem? Can't an evil space bug guy have some quality me-time?

Counseling, or maybe a good cry here and there.

This really isn't much different from dozens of cover he does monthly

That one bubble is legitimately taking up 1/4 of the entire page

Also, why is thanos attacking again?

IT'S OVER, Let us acknowledge the good parts...
> All around a good to great line up of artist.
> Gamora's white armor was generic but was better then the god damn plain cloths movie style outfit.
> Pichelli was allowed to sexualize Angela & briefly Gamora.
> Pichelli drew some awesome fight scenes with Angela.
> The Angela Gamora team up was solid with good art by Kevin Maguire.
> I personally liked the Trial of Jean Grey crossover.
> I liked the blue outfit Kitty had.

jobbed out

> The Captain Marvel/Gamora fight was cool.

4U

This is the worst shit. America Chavez? (She)Hulk? New X-Men? Civil War II? No. This single issue is so bad, it hurts. Thanos is one of the smartest beeings in the universe, why should he go almost solo for earth? He attacked Earth at the end of "days run out", with the ultimate universe and lost. Oh, i forget. bendis went with "Ultimate End" totaly canon on that, too.

Fucking shit, Thanos is losing every month a fight vs Danvers and co.

the man who took on prime black bolt attacks to the face and after that the entire hickman avengers crew gets beaten by these muppets

>Thanos says Hi
TRIGGERED

Agreed about the art and artists. Disagree on the rest. I'll take sexy plain clothes Gamora over Mass Effect armor any day. And at least the movie top was a nod to the slingkini thing. Angela was just a bunch of bullshit, I don't read cosmic Marvel for sexiness.

But yeah I can't think of a single thing about this book to actually credit Bendis for. At best his writing has been mediocre, and at worst it's been utter trash.

how is flash venom?

Yeah they've really neutered the fuck out of Thanos since he started constantly messing with Earth.

>Annihilus the Annihilator
Really Bendis? Whatever happened to "The Living Death that walks"? That actually sounds cool.

Non existent since he's not venom anymore and hasn't been for awhile

Wherever he goes Bendis leaves destruction in his wake. The X-Men still haven't recovered from how badly he broke them. And judging by X-Men Blue won't anytime soon. As an X-Bro You have my sympathy GotG bros.

Since when was the nova corps restored?

>Tuchas

Good lord this was awful.

Why is Bendis' Thanos so obsessed with Earth?

Fuck off you drama queen

This particular line-up of Guardians had one good mini, one above average ingoing and one cool ending for it

At least Carol had to go Binary before she one-punched him.

DUDE CHIMICHANGAS LMAO

Why do I get called a drama queen but OP talking about the long dark nightmare being over and everyone else complaining doesn't get shit on?!

IT'S OVER!!!

Because he's a fucking street level writer trying to branch out into shit that he has no business in.

Yeah, but the stink of Bendis will never wash off.