Know any cartoons/anime with styles sort of similar to Unico? Small/cute "chibi" type animals...

Know any cartoons/anime with styles sort of similar to Unico? Small/cute "chibi" type animals, lots of rounded edges/features. Steven Universe has this a bit. Chirin No Suzu to some degree. It seems more prevalent in the 80's anime? furcon.tumblr.com/ some of this person's art also nails it.

Other urls found in this thread:

toumeis.deviantart.com/gallery/
furcon.tumblr.com/post/76036160037/sweetspets
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanrio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sea_Prince_and_the_Fire_Child
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic comes to mind, although the designs aren't quite "chibi" or Japanese like your pic and that persons art which is more Pokemon-ish, but it does have small cute animals, just in a bit more of a Western stylization that's not too far off

MLP is close also. I'd lump it in there with acceptable style-study sources and will probably try to do some referencing from it, too. Thanks for the reminder.

I only watched the original Pokemon and played the GBC games. Is newer pokemon more akin to this style? Their art didn't immediately remind me of pokemon, besides maybe some of the sprites since they had to be chibi-fied in some sense.
toumeis.deviantart.com/gallery/ This person is sort of similar, though slightly outside of what I'm looking for.

furcon.tumblr.com/post/76036160037/sweetspets this post is probably the closest representation of what exactly I am looking for.

Literally anything from Sanrio. Here's their wiki page with a list of all their works:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanrio

One in particular that I enjoy a great deal is The Sea Prince and the Fire Child. It's basically Romeo and Juliet but mixed with The Little Mermaid. Also, it's one of those shows that overwhelmingly cutesy for the first half and then destroys your heart in the second half:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sea_Prince_and_the_Fire_Child

I loved the shit out of A Journey Through Fairyland myself, but it's kinda hard to find compared to Unico, Chirin, and Sirius.

Alakazam the Great

Sanrio did The Mouse and His Child too, right?

I really can't tell if it's more anime or more western.

Cartoon Saloon's stuff is kinda similar.

I actually haven't seen this movie, but the cover looks about right.

I've seen it, it's definitely more western than anime in appearance.

The older manga pokemon designs feel closer to than much of the tv show stuff.

More Tezuka in general.

Almost forgot the gif

There were two different versions of this. Girl monkey was voiced by an 11 year old who had a top 40 hit.

So that's where that Toei cat logo comes from!

Night on the Galactic Railroad.

Shit, Top Cat, Speed Racer, Winnie the Pooh Melody, Frankie Avalon and Jonathan Winters round out the English cast.

That cat gets around.

>Literally anything from Sanrio

I heard they wanted to turn Unico into a major mascot icon the same way they did with Hello Kitty. For copyright reasons they couldn't do that, so they went with the next pick which was Hello Kitty.

PWEEES NU HUWTIES FLUFFY PONY

He had a pretty awesome looking adult form.

Jewelpet is perfect, if you want cute :3

I especially recommend Sunshine, Happiness and Magical Change.