Fired by Marvel, Indonesian artist Ardian Syaf says, ‘When Jews are offended, there is no mercy’

Wew.

>’But Marvel is owned by Disney. When Jews are offended, there is no mercy,” he was quoted as saying. After making the anti-Semitic remark, Ardian reiterated to the interviewer that he was not anti-Semitic or anti-Christian because, if he was, he wouldn’t have worked for a foreign publisher.

>If there was any question left about Ardian’s true beliefs, they were clarified by a picture he posted to Facebook (which he quickly deleted but was screencapped by Reddit user heliumlight) showing him happily meeting with the leader of the hardline Islamic Defenders Front FPI, Rizieq Shihab, who has been at the forefront of the anti-Ahok protests and is currently being investigated for blasphemy against Christianity.

coconuts.co/jakarta/news/officially-fired-marvel-indonesian-artist-ardian-syaf-officially-says-jews-offended-no-mercy/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9cDH4WsbTMM
tirto.id/ardian-syaf-etika-kerja-dan-ideologi-marvel-cmpo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's bizarre to me that any country today has blasphemy laws.

>When Jews are offended, there is no mercy
he is right though

kek

Digging that grave
He is going to most likely start doing propeganda art for Indonesian Muslim poltival party

They, uh, should probably amp up security at their headquarters

Whatever happened to embracing diversity Marvel

He's not wrong.

He doesn't deserve mercy though.

Indonesia is something like 70% Muslim and a large percentage of them want to implement Sharia law. It is what happens when people who subscribe to a backwards belief system and culture are in charge, and was true in the US as well as Europe for a long time. Today it is not, thankfully, but that is in fact the oddity in Human history.

how long until he ""commits suicide""

I'm almost as surprised a country has those laws for a minority religion

Shalom aleichem

>works for jews
>offends jews
Yep, he's retarded.

Marvel HQ bombing when?

>country that's almost entirely muslims has a law made that makes it illegal to criticize Islam
>law doesn't specify Islam, just religion, meaning non-muslim religions are covered under it too
Weird thing, that. It's basically a law to keep people from shit talking Islam, but on the flip side, it also makes it illegal to shit talk any other religion either.

This. But he's also right. But he's clearly an anti-semite.

>Wew
Sup, reddit!

The law is that you can't blaspheme against a recognized religion, of which Indonesia has 6.
>Islam
>Protestantism
>Catholicism
>Hinduism
>Buddhism
>Confucianism

So Christianity is protected by the law. Judaism, however, is not.

>he's clearly an anti-semite
Lots of muslims are, but liberals don't really wanna talk about that. Same way they ignore how sexist and homophobic Islam is.

>When Jews are offended
for once, he spolken the truth.

And how inbred they are
youtube.com/watch?v=9cDH4WsbTMM

That doesn't make it ok to sneak anti-shit into a fucking capecomic then act like you were being noble.

I hope no one ever hires him.

Wew lad, just stop before they get real mad

TL;DR:
>"Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to Marvel Comics HQ tomorrow."

Sure, but he doesn't deserve any regardless.

Keep burning those bridges dumbass.

His career is pretty much done in the US, probably gonna go to Indonesia now.

It's the same with black people, who tend to be pretty socially conservative to stuff like marriage equality and feminism. I guess that's what you get when you lump everyone into a "people of color" label

At least no jew went and shot that Syaf-fag up like those goat fuckers did at Charlie Hebdo

So at the end he was /ourguy/

Well, there goes the dreams and aspirations of future Muslim artists.

Marvel jihad attack when?

The women who does Ms. Marvel will keep doing it. Isn't she a muslim?

This can't be the only Muslim ever to work for a major comic like this, right? I could've sworn there was at least a few other prominent Muslims in roles like these

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

hahahahahah...

I don't think she's a Muslim seeing how she doesn't wear hijab

Rev up that bingo
This counts as a tantrum, right?

Good point, we all need to start fucking Muslims and making babies with them so they become less inbred.

As a raging, get fucked in the butt homosexual liberal I generally hate every religion, but Islam especially. Nobody's throwing me off a roof

Is Syaf /ourguy/

I'm glad this fuck is fired.

I wish his hands were cut off too, that way he can never infect the world with his shitty hate-speech filled drawing again.

It's what he deserves.

That's not Wilson because Wilson does

Obama doesn't seem very impressed.

I don't nlame Jews for their lack of mercy. They clearly have enemies in need of destruction.

Canada Yes!

He seems like he is genuinely surprised to find out that Americans don't hate Jews as much as they do in his country.

I feel you. I'm a liberal homo too and it fucking grinds my gears to no end that a lot of modern liberals won't talk about how fucking backwards Islam is in so many aspects.

Stop acting like you care about LGBT problems if you'll shut down discussion and straight up ignore the rampant homophobia in Muslim communities/countries.

Religions are generally backwards over sex, but Islam is an especially shining example. Their word for sexual crimes is zina.
>The punishment for fornication is 100 lashes if four witnesses can testify they saw it happen
>The punishment for adultery is death if four witnesses can testify they saw it happen
>The punishment for sodomy or any homosexual sex regardless of whether it was fornication or adultery is death, again with the testimony of four witnesses
>The punishment for accusing someone of zina without bringing forth witnesses is 80 lashes

Interestingly enough, stoning is not mentioned in the Quran, nor was it common in pre-modern times. It blew up in the late 20th century. I think Islam is fascinating in the sense that it actually goes backwards as a religion.

I forgot another one, if a Muslim themself for whatever reason why confesses four times that they committed zina then they are to be punished, BUT if they take it back before or during the punishment they can be set free. The fuck?

Lib homo here too. Most liberals opened their minds so much their brains fell out.

Oh wow. The projecting is so sugary I'm getting diabetes just drinking his man tears.

I mean on the one hand the dude is definitely already blacklisted so he can say whatever he wants now, but lel talk about digging your hole deeper

What a surprise that an anti-semite is blaming all his failures on DA JOOZ

>yfw he joins a terror cell and attack Marvel, and Ike has to bust out his training and go John McClane on them

I hate Ike but he's their only defense

Black bi lib, what the fuck happened to demanding common decency? So many of the 'Islamic world' practices are horrific and need to be stamped out because they violate principles of autonomy and equality.

Also fuck The Nation of Islam in particular, their particular mishmash of Christianity and Islam is personally odious in the black community.

Just keep digging that hole

>If there was any question left about Ardian’s true beliefs, they were clarified by a picture he posted to Facebook (which he quickly deleted but was screencapped by Reddit user heliumlight) showing him happily meeting with the leader of the hardline Islamic Defenders Front FPI, Rizieq Shihab

What the fuck

The Hijab isn't inherently Islamic, although Islam is still why it's around. Covering the hair is like a 9th Century standard of modesty, and Mohammed wanted women to be modest, and he was also from that time period. So Muslims today generally keep their prophet's standard of modesty. A lot of Westernized Muslims are different, as they have different standards of modesty.

It always cracks me up the see Presidents having to pretend to care about shit like this

People from Indonesia thinks he's a dumbass too. He embarrassed his country and his religion.

based Indonesia

I thought this would end with him getting fired but no, this just keeps getting better and better

Next he's going to instagram himself holding a poster with his beliefs and call Marvel a bunch of infidels or some shit

Welcome to Canada. Current year, bitch.

It's interesting to me the way it's represented as anti-semitism. It's also as if they took a part of the whole thing and made it the full focus. I wonder why this could be and (((who))) could be behind it.

>Ardian reiterated to the interviewer that he was not anti-Semitic or anti-Christian because, if he was, he wouldn’t have worked for a foreign publisher.

Bullshit on two accounts.
1) The verses he referred to are nothing BUT anti-Christian and anti-Semitic. There's literally no reinterpretation to it. The fact he even says the verse is about "justice" obviously shows that he has a vendetta against those not his faith, but he's passive aggressive about it. He's an Islamic who isn't a terrorist, but doesn't condone those that are.

2) You can work for a publisher and hate them, to which he pretty much did it so he could pull off shit like his subliminal numbers. He thought he could get paid by them AND shit on them at the same time, which he probably thought was even better.

That's why I'm mainly friends with breeders desu. Mention these kind of thoughts around most queers and they'll fly off the handle

I wonder why it's the jews always getting blamed. Hmm.

it´s a sad thing that many formerly Buddhist countries are now ruled by Islamists

>It's interesting to me the way it's represented as anti-semitism. It's also as if they took a part of the whole thing and made it the full focus. I wonder why this could be and (((who))) could be behind it.
This. The early reporting focused much more on the anti-Christianity part.

He should start his own equivalent to Chick Tracts.

Typically when you offend your bosses, no matter their religion or race, they're going to fire you.

I can't think of any muslim artists doing a flagship book for the Big 2.

And why they're the only race to get kicked out by literally everyone on earth.

My boss is not a jew, but if I sneaked in "All christians and jews should die" in the middle of some document there would probably be no mercy from him either.

But diversity!

>puts offensive subliminal messages in a comic book
>doesn't expect repercussions
>"reeeee fucking jews, why are they so evil"

what a fucking retarded bitch

There is no blasphemy law and there won't be. No one outside of shrill idiots who can't bother to google something for 3 minutes is even talking about a. Lsphemy law. The government passed an act commissioning an investigation into systemic islamaphobia and what might be done about it. That's it. That's all that happened. Stop spreading misinformation you stupid, stupid retard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA He's right, but still deserved to be fired

What about G. Willow Wilson?

WE DID IT GUYS!

WE GOT A BINGO!

She's a writer, not an artist.

To be fair anti-semitism just sounds way more loaded and gets people more riled up than anti-Christian shit, I don't think there's any conspiracy here it's just the media being the media, trying to make the story as juicy as possible.

Yes! That'sa Bingo.

>media being media

You're almost there, friend.

Oh right, my bad.

Now we must shoot for a double bingo.

>when you suicide bomb your own career

Second post said "work for a major comic like this". First one said artist but not the second post.

Go back to Sup Forums, you can realize the media is a bunch of bullshit without buying Alex Jones water filters

Mahmud Asrar?

So... Did anyone (other than other Muslims, I suppose?) defend Syaf anyway?

Nah, not on tumblr at least.

Being anti-Christian is not controversial, all major media output is anti-Christian, that's the status quo so no one cares about it.

Its the readers fault though. For the subliminal messages their artists put into the panels.

The readers.

And probably won't be for a while thanks to this clown.

However, some religions (Islam) are more equal than others (anyone else).

Durkas gonna durk. Give them an inch and they'll take your head while raping your daughter to death.

Have I upset you, my merchant friend? You've revealed your guise to me.

>all major media output is anti-Christian
>all major media output is owned by ____

Yes.

>tirto.id/ardian-syaf-etika-kerja-dan-ideologi-marvel-cmpo

Google Translate is your friend.

Blame Saudi Arabia spending tons of money pushing their wahabbi ideology everywhere else for that.

Its what happens in all fundamental religions/religious groups really

>because Rome wasn't sacked by non-Christians
>Christian monastaties weren't the centres of literacy and intellectualism through the Middle Ages
>the renaissance was not the result of Christians bringing back Arabic translations of ancient roman texts from the crusades