Why don't they (and Zeus) kill Aku? They had no problem destroying the Primordial Darkness that spawned him...

Why don't they (and Zeus) kill Aku? They had no problem destroying the Primordial Darkness that spawned him, and Ra took the time when called upon to help Jack against the Minions of Set.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjfG6pLoAtw&t=2m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=PVYsbP4CB6M&t=159s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You only get 1 god power per age and Jack hasn't been aging.

>gods

>doing there job

user...

>Why don't they (and Zeus) kill Aku?
Not threatening them or the universe, yet.
>They had no problem destroying the Primordial Darkness that spawned him
Was threatening them and the universe.
>and Ra took the time when called upon to help Jack against the Minions of Set.
Divine summon, he was likely bound by whatever sacred right the little gizmo called him to complete. It's likely why he also just left when Jack tried to extend the request outside the contract's parameters.

Jack's dad didn't pull that shit, they were like
>Here's your piece, your vest, your whip. Pull a drive by on this nigga.
And he did so. He only slipped up at the end because he didn't know how to destroy Aku for good.

Meanwhile Jack who should know better is all like
>Yo, can you give me a ride back home? See I didn't listen when my dad told me to stay on my ass and now I need you to fix all our problems on account of how bad we fucked up twice now. But I'm sure the third time's the charm, right? No? You just gonna dip without saying nothing?Aight, peace.

>Inb4 Aku was the gods' fault for missing a spot
Hey, they did their part. You see anyone else fighting the ultimate evil? No. And now the ultimate evil is more or less not a problem.
For the gods.

How many times do we need to have this thread? No really, what new answers do you think you're going to get?

>Darkness
Also, Horus/Ra are both like, directly related and have direct enmity with Set

I think he's autistic

Ra, Odin and Vishnu work in mysterious ways :^)

It's like you don't even Lord of the Rings.

These gods will help jack at the last possible second, in a way that cannot be interpreted as them being there at all.

Aku will slip and fall into the lava.

>primordial darkness
woah

>Literally conquering the universe one planet at a time over the course of at least 1000 years
>Not threatening the universe
>Not even considering the same primordial evil could regain it's power and threaten existence again
>Leaving it all on the shoulders of a lone mortal who lost their super special sacred sword and the only thing that could kill it forever

It's an accurate interpretation of gods: do some random stuff then do nothing for 2000 years.

>ultimate evil
I don't think Aku is the ultimate evil. He's just extremely powerful and extremely selfish.
youtube.com/watch?v=kjfG6pLoAtw&t=2m20s
>I am Aku, this world is Aku, and everything in it is Aku.

Boo

Prostagma.

>I don't think Aku is the ultimate evil. He's just extremely powerful and extremely selfish.
Odin literally calls him that

youtube.com/watch?v=PVYsbP4CB6M&t=159s
About 1:30

It's like nuking a city just to kill a roach. The God's power would probably annihilate Earth even if they tried to mitigate it to target just Aku. It's better to get something more precise like a magical sword.

I think it would be a pretty neat idea that the God's will take so long to be apparent because they live millions of light years away.

No one called. That is, not the right way.

The better question is why do people forget that Aku is actually really fucking terrifying? Yes, he's used as comic relief a lot of times, but considering that he's literally the sentient remains of a fucking eldritch abomination from the stars a la Azathoth, and literally nothing but a magically-forged sword can hurt him, I'd say that Sup Forums would collectively piss their pants if Aku came to any of your houses and said "YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CANNOT HIDE, 'CAUSE I CAN SMELL YOUR BLOOD!"

because Aku is the creation of man thus man has to defeat him

>the upcoming episode
I have a feeling the base who thinks Aku is jokes all the time is getting a rude awakening

This desu

Ra could clearly dial it down and hurt only the Minions of Set.

>Only through the strength of the human spirit and the virtue of human righteousness can this evil be vanquished

Vishnu spells it out, the gods can't kill Aku, it has to be a human. Maybe because human magic made Aku sapient or something.

I imagine it's something like "this will literally destroy the universe if we don't act" vs. "This may become a problem, but as it stands, it is not a threat to existence itself. We'll offer assistance, and observe."

You saw the size of Aku when the gods fought him. He was basically the size of a planet, if not larger. He could consume worlds. The gods had no choice BUT to intervene.

In his current state, he's most definitely dangerous, but not on a cosmic scale. Through politics and oppression he may be able to take over worlds, but he's not consuming them: There's hope left. Mortals can resist, and there still exists at least one non-god who can kill Aku. Until there's absolutely no hope, the gods will watch and wait.

Time is no object to them. They can wait an eternity so long as the universe itself isn't in direct peril. As long as there exists a shred of hope among mortals, they'll give THEM to opportunity to vanquish Aku.

This is also a possibility, but I feel like that was more an explanation of humanity's only chance against Aku rather than a literal statement that ONLY the human spirit could kill Aku.

When Aku actually did something, it was always awesome. I'm really looking forward to the next episode to see him wreck shit.

The comic relief sticks out here because of memes but the reason why Aku is one of the coolest villains is because once you look past he funny shit, you realize he's still evil incarnate

>basically nailed Jacks father to a wall made him watch as he destroyed his empire, family and friends.
>instead of killing the Viking King, Aku made him immortal and improsoned him for all eternity, forever denying him a warrior's death
>steals resources from other planets
>enslaves/genocides alien species
>held Lulu sweet thing hostage in order to control a retired hitman
>all the robots he helps build whose sole purpose is to destroy towns of innocent people and Jack (Ultra-Bots, Beetle Drones, etc)

I swear to god, Jack better get a new sword forged from his own spirit; and perhaps those of whom he has helped as well.

To be fair, the universe is a BIG place. One galaxy conquered by aku is like one grain of sand in the world. Literally irrelevant.

Even in mythology, if there was an all powerful evil thing fucking around the gods actually did intervene.

>Even Zeus was not having any of Typhon's shit.
>Thor was all about murderraping the frost giants if they got out of line
>Ra was not having any of Apep's shit and burned it's skin off
>Hindu gods were making damn sure Rakshasas and Asuras stayed the fuck off Earth
>Ahura Mazda gave a blacksmith a hammer to go fuck up an evil demon powered emperor then buried him under a mountain
>Chinese gods are all about going to war to prevent demon shit on Earth