Endtown 2017-04-12

>being drunk made him the mayor
Now I really want to know what happened.

>ib4 thread gets nuked

Never thought I'd see Aaron mentioning drunks in a positive way after all he said about Allie.

Just remember the /trash/ thread in that case.

most likely his drinking problem caused him to pass out during the mutation wave. As for it making him mayor, he probably led the rest to safety instead of panicking

The later one is a given but we have no clue about what Pep Stadium has to do with this or why we didn't see him during Holly's flashback.

That, or too damned drunk to know what danger he was in, and thus willing to do shit no sane person would.

Either way, friday is looking good.

If he got that wasted, I'm surprised he didn't wind up an abomination.

He was in the pep stadium, so we can assume that he was already a mutant.

Am I the only one bothered by this sudden shifting between scenes? Just as we get into a disagreement between Dot and that editor guy over Dot's bias, the comic shifts to something else entirely.

IIRC those off-shoot mutations only happen when you're doped up on narcotics, not drunk.

> that one page where he's told "you won't find the Mayor in the bottom of that bottle" was a complete lie

this is why i said out cold drunk. The off-shoot I always interpreted as conscious but with an impaired state of mind so it's 3 layers; you are either wide awake and fully aware, so zonked out of your gourd you can barely interpret reality, or completely asleep and discontented from the world

>Just as we get into a disagreement between Dot and that editor guy over Dot's bias, the comic shifts to something else entirely.
It's been like this for a while, only exception being Walt and Portia. I guess Aaron is trying to compensate for the relatively slow updates.

>Am I the only one bothered by this sudden shifting between scenes?
I'm not bothered by it but I've been noticing it. It might be because Aaron's trying to balance the three separate points of view or he's just trying to keep our attention better with the new three times a week updates.

They were holding "health checks" in Pep stadium, for people who hadn't mutated yet.

Presumably whoever was using those disintegration tanks had some genetics test or something they were using to decide who got dusted and who didn't, rather than being able to just look at someone and spot a furry.

I think they were pretty much dusting everybody who wasn't wearing a Topsider suit seeing as how an immunity is a mutation.

>new three times a week updates.
I remember him stopping the 3 a week thing for a while when he was having health issues, but hasn't it been 3 a week for some time now?

That was one CRAZY Yom Kippur...

I think they were just rounding up mutants with promises of treatment. The first step to treatment is a check up, which turned out to be disintegration.

Presumably anyone who didn't have any obvious "defects" and wasn't immune but hadn't mutated yet would've been offered topsider status in a "here's the suit, put it on quick" if they say yes and "zap" if they say no sort of way.

I guess I'm just noticing now going back and re-reading the new chapter.

Flashback time? I really wanna know what the hell happened at Pep Stadium, because it's been referenced before that a dozen time without any details whatsoever. Wally's ditto-induced flashback was supposed to answer that, I believe, but I feel Aaron wanted to cut it short (it was a pretty long flashback, after all).
But now that we're in an ark where the pacing is somewhat slower, it could be the right time to answer these questions.

Post OC ideas, in case a drawfag will show up.

A ferret plumber who crawls around in the pipes he puts together.

It was 5 times a week for like 7 years then he got ill and stopped for a month, after that he switched to 3. At first it was supposed to be temporary but he never recovered fully.

The topsiders are a mix of NDDC and Apex employees. The NDDC needed personnel for the emergency and Apex sent a bunch of expendables (cadets, secretaries, telemarketers...) who ironically were the ones saved.

Didn't his doctor basically say that if he went back to doing it 5 times a week he'd end up back in hospital?

> the writing was so much better then
Am I just being nostalgic, someone douse me with cold water

To be fair Sparkplug is one of the best parts of the comic.

He was the best part of the Al/Gustine Arc, hands down.

He was so good. He even beats Allie in the tragic fate department.

Here's a Jacob pic from Monday.

That's pretty funny! but... we could use more Allie

Check /trash/. In about an hour and hopefully it will be colored

And it's done.

Yeesh, porked her once and a day later she's already trying to control his life

wow, they really deleted a post that said "check /trash/"...

So assuming Endtown celebrates Easter do you think they'll start dyeing eggs now or will that be too weird.

they might now that Jacob is encouraging all the mutant acceptance crap.

Well stadiums usually have underground exits and all kinda of complicated paths.

He could have been a shitty drunk janitor who knew the stadium like the back of his hand, and lead people to safety using a backstage exit he knew.

Or maybe he was wasted, got lost trying to find the bathroom and ends up saving 50 people.

It hasn't been the same since the Kirbee+Wally fiasco. I'm not saying was the cause, just a symptom.

>pig rummaging through your stuff
THROW THAT SOW TO THE WOLVES

Oh but it's CUTE when Jim does it, huh?

Everything Jim does is cute.

Even this?

>instead of being retrieved he ends up comatose and then nuked
>all because Holly was guilt tripped by him

Poor guy, he didn't ask for this.

>Killing topsiders

What's not to love?