So, the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War movie will be an adaptation of the 1991 comic, The Infinity Gauntlet...

So, the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War movie will be an adaptation of the 1991 comic, The Infinity Gauntlet. Do you think they will adapt the scene whose comic pages I will post, or do you think such a badass/serious moment would be contrary to the light-hearted, wise-cracking tone the movies all seem to have?

Truth be told, as in-character as this is for Captain America, Evans' Cap seems like too much of a... pussy to do something like this. He doesn't hold the same respect as the comic Cap does, somehow. I believe, anyway.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/887129739843981312
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Infinity-Gauntlet-1991/Issue-1?id=44283
readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Thanos-Quest/Issue-1?id=42207
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The context for this scene is that a bunch of the remaining heroes from Earth all launch an attack on Thanos. Here, Thanos has reduced his own power to only draw from the Power Gem. This is because he believes that if he cuts himself off from being omniscient, he will be able to impress Death by engaging in a slightly fairer fight.

In a MCU movie, I just imagine Captain America tripping over something or stepping on the Lego blocks that Nova was turned into... or even him quipping about how he's similar to Grimace. I could even imagine Thanos making a joke about Cap being a 90 year old virgin or something. IDK. I hope they do something similar to this in the actual adaptation, though.

There are only 6 pages total. Notice how after Cap gets his shield smashed, he sucker punches Thanos, and doesn't even flinch when Thanos goes to kill him. Just stares God in the face and and doesn't so much as quiver.

This would be a great scene to adapt but I just can't imagine Evans pulling this off convincingly.

Last page.

Do you even think that Thanos will actually get the gems? Or do you think the movie will just be a game of keep away? I hope it isn't the latter because they didn't really need to tease Thanos for 5 years and bring up the gems at all since they wouldn't have to use them.

Last page.

What do you think?

That's a pretty brutal way to go for Iron Man. His head got blasted off?? Can you post how he got defeated?

Show the other pages, where Thanos kills the avengers in whacky ways.

He gets killed as an afterthought by Terraxia. She just rips his head off. Spider Man gets his head brutally bludgeoned with a rock.

Sure I can show the others.

Let's keep it tv related, though, by discussing what we think is going to be shown in the upcoming movie.

How much do they pay you to post these threads?

Look at how Thanos changes his posture as Captain America approaches.

I don't get paid anything? I'm just a guy who likes comics and wants to talk about how they're going to adapt it in Infinity War.

I also wonder why they're deciding to not have Thanos wear his usual headgear... without it, he looks very odd. It's not like Josh Brolin needs the extra facetime with all that makeup and CGI anyway.

>comic book event
>your favorite heroes die for no reason
I fucking Marvel events.

Nop, they will Adap the Infinity Comics, that new one with the Black Order

Absolutely. Thanos clearly redies himself. He's probably astounded by the size of Captain America's balls. Again, I don't think Evans could pull this off as much as I want this scene in the movie...

In the MCU, probably nobody will die... and in this comic, obviously they came back since this happened in 1991.

A good idea, I think would have been to adapt The Thanos Quest... which is where he goes throughout the universe acquiring the gems in the first place. It's well written because Jim Starlin has Thanos rely on cunning to get his task done. It's rare to see that in comics like this and also rare to see it in a MCU movie. But it'd be good. It'd have been like a version of Rogue One for the MCU, just not entirely pointless.

I honestly think they'll do it. The Russos can succumb sometimes to the quippy legacy of Whedon, but they have shown themselves as capable of restrain to seriousness when the plot demands--like in Winter Soldier and the final fight in Civil War.

It just depresses me that Adam Warlock won't be in it.

the deaths are slowly coming. the way the more human-level characters die is much more brutal.

yeah, I think they'll do a similar scene

>Evans' Cap seems like too much of a... pussy to do something like this
the man who jumped on a grenade is too much of a pussy, really?

But do you think Evans could pull it off? IDK, I just don't like them making fun of Steve for being a 90 year old virgin... or even bringing it up. It ridicules him and takes away from the sort of reverence or respect everyone has for Captain America.

Why won't Adam be in it? His cocoon was teased in Guardians 2.

Not because of that - but because there was so much focus on making things about him awkward. I have no doubt he'd take a hit for someone else in the movie... but people mock him for being inexperienced with girls or being a virgin. It's just inappropriate, IMO. The entire fondue scene in Cap 1 was completely... idk, pointless and disrespectful to the character. It makes for a cheap laugh but... at the expense of Cap no longer being a sort of respectful figure.

>>Why won't Adam be in it? His cocoon was teased in Guardians 2.
twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/887129739843981312

Meh I'm not convinced. People lie.

no skipped page... just accidentally named badly.

for the user asking for iron man's death, it's coming though he's tossed away insignificantly in the background.

do you think characters will die in the movie? if so, which ones? i could see iron man dying since RDJ is old but then again i can't see him wanting to stop since people love him, he makes 50 mil a movie, and he generates money for disney and marvel...

cyclops gets it extra badly.

and i just realized that there can't be any x-men in this...

what's also interesting is that of the six issues that make up this story, the entirety of issue 4 (so this one) is just 40 pages of thanos uniquely slaughtering every single available hero that survived the annihilation of half the universe.

they're powerless to stop him so then the cosmic entities start trying to kill him, which makes MUCH more sense. they can't do that in the MCU though, so I wonder how they will deal with that.

user who wanted to see iron man bite the dust, it's this page and the next one. also, spider man getting bludgeoned to death. pretty brutal.

poor cyke... poor cap trying to help out that suffocating man.

my mistake. it's coming up after this page (iron man and spider man dying)

which characters do you think will die in Avengers: Infinity War

iron man this page and the next.

thanos going mad with power... always loved it.

i also hate how they gave thanos dreamy, light blue eyes in the MCU... i love how in the comics, his eyes are just pitch black holes, like a skull. he's got eyes as black as death... eyes are the window to the soul, too, and when you look into his, all you see is oblivion. always liked that. it makes him scarier.

stop asking, everyone will die

EVEN THE AUDIENCE!?

I hope I get a sexy femdom death like iron man one day

Yes, of laughter and of having so much fun

Especially the audience

i'm trying to keep it on topic. i doubt everyone will die. think vision will die? he's been barely in the MCU. though i guess without tony, there's no need for jarvis.

i'm speculating. speculating is fun! it's what Sup Forums is here for.

ESPECIALLY THE AUDIENCE.

death by snu snu or death by an amazon like gal gadot pinning you, putting her knee in your back, and yanking your head off?

It's not adapting the comic, none of these movies are actual adaptions of comics just because they share a similar title and villain.

the spiderweb thing here is definitely movie appropriate.

obviously the latter is that even a question

they are loose adaptations. and this isn't a comic thread. we are talking about how the movie is going to be adapted from this comic, and what deaths will be the same, etc.

i can't post webms from the movie, so i'm posting the comic battle and we're talking about what it'll be like in the movie.

i meant stop asking every time you post a page not to stop speculating. vision dies for sure thanos will kill him to get the gem in his head. if they dont include the snap that kills half the universe theres no reason to do the movie

hey man idk what kinda shit you're into... more power to ya.

the infinity gauntlet story is specifically a loose adaptation of the infinity gauntlet comic. the origin stories of superheroes are typically adaptations of the origins in the comics and a few related stories. i think if not adaptations, they are all heavily based on specific comic stories most of the time.

yes, exactly. there'd be no point... but he could only do that with all the gems in his possession at the same time. one gem is not enough to accomplish that task.

What I find weird that i believe, is that the child's toy blocks thing, while cool, would probably be considered too childish for this movie... despite the awkward humor and constant quips. i do hope they keep this scene in there.

its a two part thing still kinda, the cliff hanger of the first has to be him getting all the gems and snapping his fingers

after thanos dispatches of the earth's mightiest heroes, the cosmic entities come and try to take him down (and obviously fail miserably). thanos_26 is the last panel before the first page I posted in the op, so i obviously won't double post it.

oh that'd be interesting. but he takes out the avengers before even getting all the gems... so he'd beat the avengers, and then kill the universe but that's the opposite of how it happened in the comics. after that, the MCU would just be done. there'd be no other heroes to step in and stop him if it happened like that. that'd be a good final end to the MCU, or at least this incarnation of it, though.

also i thought it wasn't supposed to be a two-parter anymore. the second film is now not a sequel and somewhat unrelated.

Where did Hulk go?

>they run a storyline that kills off all the heroes
Oh that worked wonders for movies like X-men 3. People love watching heroes get ripped apart unceremoniously.

if the soul gem is in wakanda like everyone thinks it is then it makes sense that he defeats the avengers without killing them and then assembles the gauntlet with all gems after doing so

the hulk got shrunk down and is no longer in the picture

the problem with x men t3 is that it was stupid. the heroes getting killed off here had nothing to do with their deaths... it was all part of a bigger story which was about thanos, his rise to power, and his downfall.

why does that make sense? why would he spare the avengers? he loves death and destruction...

Post the rest pls

its weird we are getting a movie called infinity war, but its based on infinity gauntlet, when they had a comic called infinity war, although a far more stupid plotline

because he thinks he still has to put on a show for lady death

if you want me to post the rest, we should go to Sup Forums. if we go, i can post the whole thing.

however, if you just wanna read the comic, you can for free without even downloading anything. just click this link.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Infinity-Gauntlet-1991/Issue-1?id=44283

Actually, that's The Infinity Gauntlet. The previous story is called The Thanos Quest and it shows how he found out about the gems, what they are, and how he gets them. It's actually a very, very good read. It's also short - it was just a two parter whereas Infinity Gauntlet has six issues. Here's Thanos Quest: readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Thanos-Quest/Issue-1?id=42207

i noticed this too, but i'm ok with it. they'll probably never adapt Infinity War, and Infinity War is a good descriptive title for the movie.

are you sure? she hasn't been introduced in this and they've never given it motive or built it up... i honestly have my doubts that death will even be in this movie at all.

can't be hela either since she is dead and they have no history at all.

I fucking love quasar

No, it will be a boring capeshit movie. The infinity wars comic was all about how Thanos is so helplessly in love with death that even with infinite power he is weak from trying to impress her

c'mon Cyclops is a smart enough tactician he would have thought to do a tracheotomy

No. Continue here. It's semi-movie related anyway. It gives us an idea on whats to come, and we can actually discuss instead of reading it.

>"you murdered him you cold hearted monster!"
>after he's destroyed half the universe

Erm, not quite... they say quite clearly in the comics that when he gets the gauntlet, he's her superior which is why she still doesn't love him. because loving him would just reduce her to a slave.

they never really go into why she won't love him back - and the honest answer is probably that it gives him motivation to things. it makes it easy to write stories about him.

same. i love the "OH NO NOT AGAIN!" after he loses his hands LOL

there's no way the movie will have quips this terrible jfc

the thing is, everything they did was following a really specific plan which was thought up by adam warlock.

and whether or not he could do a tracheotomy, the whole point for this, was that adam sent the heroes to their deaths to distract thanos cause he knew he would try to impress death by killing them anyway. so there was no escape for any of those heroes, no matter what the details of their battle with thanos was.

read the page. thanos immediately notes that captain america would never say something like that... unless it was a distraction, which the narrator notes. he said it so that cloak could try and trap him in the darkness dimension. it was just a trap.

okay, sure. i'll continue from where i left off, skip the last page, then continue into issue 5.

also jesus fucking christ the fucking captchas are pissing me off

Only if you watch the adaptation in an American theater

honestly i think that toy blocks quip by thanos is still better than the 'best' quip ever made in any marvel movie in the current MCU.

>"No matter how strong you become Thanos, whether we'll be able to stop you or not, we'll always try!"
>"Dry, like sand?"
>*turns cap into sand*

boom roasted

Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, user...

i love how his bitch is kneeling at his feet... it's kind of reminiscent of that old ANH poster eh?

didn't skip a page btw... just renamed the same thing twice

what is sad is we'll never see this part of the battle on the big screen. this is the one that makes the most sense, considering thanos's powerlevel.

anyone still here?

bump

thank you. good to know. sorry its taking so long to post but... captchas.

This is absolute wank

pure power fantasy garbage

You get no salt.

yup! keep in mind though, this was still when comics were intended for children.

kinda funny how thanos didn't see this coming

wtf even marvel comics has retarded quips

these are picture books for children dude... did you honestly expect serious, dramatic grittyness?

Wasn't "Born Again" coming out around this time? Or the Dark Knight Returns? Or Alan Moore's Swamp Thing?

I dunno. Did those come out around 1991? 1991-1992 is when this came out.

What is with comic fans lmao always with the dissociation

Before, so don't talk shit

i'm not a comic fan exactly... i used to read them a lot as a kid, including this one. i do like the comic book movies, though.

what are you talking about, talking shit???