I blame these talentless hacks for popularizing the "prequels are bad" meme...

I blame these talentless hacks for popularizing the "prequels are bad" meme. If it wasn't for them maybe George wouldn't have sold Star Wars to the fucking mouse.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/903694059000041472
youtube.com/watch?v=JyDSqWyEMWw
youtube.com/watch?v=_vmzC40dxM8
youtube.com/watch?v=pAx3joUhIR8
youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-76cEkUPw
youtube.com/watch?v=xH-F4_wMwCg
youtube.com/watch?v=1vHZu-eFhx8
youtube.com/watch?v=55EjTXdMkfg
youtube.com/watch?v=8bwXUopLfu4
youtube.com/watch?v=xQwLseLtgx4
youtube.com/watch?v=XEAnJATsCIk
youtube.com/watch?v=CQ1pfdrhcPM
youtube.com/watch?v=2Qb2lt4ZzYI
youtube.com/watch?v=cRZTDEJUilE
youtube.com/watch?v=fztfb6XCzXE
youtube.com/watch?v=gy8Abf38QMo
youtube.com/watch?v=wbPP56hNtwc
youtube.com/watch?v=CTN6z5e7LFw
youtube.com/watch?v=f9GaG3UPjDo
youtube.com/watch?v=kqLnbRKdw6c
youtube.com/watch?v=IRLCtLe6XY8
youtube.com/watch?v=kc27aY7UU9U
youtube.com/watch?v=IQrS04Qzv0E
youtube.com/watch?v=2e5x64K3F44
youtube.com/watch?v=tTM07-S8ICE
youtube.com/watch?v=9lvhvsc_TZA
youtube.com/watch?v=xdWRG5UB6fA
youtube.com/watch?v=rzJ-wM45O2c
youtube.com/watch?v=SmUtDm4-iwM
youtube.com/watch?v=S6P62b17uRc
youtube.com/watch?v=RPl5MeXIM8E
youtube.com/watch?v=d_iSQ65ZDAE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk
youtube.com/watch?v=hHOTkSfVb4o
youtube.com/watch?v=DXGZxPcd0Xg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>one shitty reviewer is all it takes to take down lucas
lmao what a fucking hack

But they were bad?

Two bads don't make a good.

They are bad, but at least they tried to be good. Prequels had a great concept that was terribly executed.

The Disney movies are just unoriginal pieces of shit covered in a good looking wrapper.

>nuWars is bad so prequels are good

Brainletism is a disease

Fun fact, most normal, everyday people have no idea who these people are and don't care about "hating" on the prequels.

But the prequels were just as bad as this tripe.

The prequels ARE bad though. If the new ones are bad too it doesn't make the prequels good.

The prequels are bad, it's just that nu-Star Wars is even worse.

I blame them for giving the prequels a second wind in the "so bad it's good" sense. People had stopped caring about the prequels until Mike came along

>"prequels are bad" meme

The prequels were hated and laughed at since the day they came out. The Plinkett reviews just gave an in depth analysis of why everyone hated them.

Just because they 'felt like star wars' doesn't make them good.

This.. and both bad for different reasons.

Lucas wasn't going to make any new movies anyway. He wanted to tell the story of Anakin and he told it. He was done. Maybe he should have just buried it instead of selling it, though.

It's all come full circle and Sup Forums is now defending the prequels unironically.

Prequels did suck

>Maybe he should have just buried it instead of selling it, though.

He should've, but I can't blame him when the mouse was throwing literal billions at him.

Jay is a marvel-sucking wannabe hipster bellend

Reminder that Hollywood fears them

I really hope that RLM will rip this movie a new one

Reminder the prequels made shit ton of money and Georgie Lucas had no idea that people hated the movie because of the viewing number where so high.

You know this is faked, right?

Rian knows well

twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/903694059000041472

Reminder that a bunch of people will flip and start defending The Last Jedi as soon as the HitB comes out and Mike goes "I loved it, it fixed everything wrong with Rogue One and is x10 better than the prequels"

I haven't seen the movie, but I can tell you right now it's probably not as bad as people make it out to be here.

RLM also lied about Lucas. Midchlorians and lightsaber joda were all ideas from kasdan.

fpbp

That's not what that screencap shows. Kasdan had no involvement in the prequels.

I have no idea why they turned their autistic essay in such a hitjob on Lucas, misrepresenting every fact of the production process.

Nigger, just because the new trilogy is worse than the prequels, it doesn't mean the prequels suck any less.

Fucking kill yourself.

Patreon kinos:
Nerd Crew
youtube.com/watch?v=JyDSqWyEMWw
youtube.com/watch?v=_vmzC40dxM8
youtube.com/watch?v=pAx3joUhIR8
youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-76cEkUPw
youtube.com/watch?v=xH-F4_wMwCg

Best of the Worst
youtube.com/watch?v=1vHZu-eFhx8
youtube.com/watch?v=55EjTXdMkfg
youtube.com/watch?v=8bwXUopLfu4
youtube.com/watch?v=xQwLseLtgx4
youtube.com/watch?v=XEAnJATsCIk
youtube.com/watch?v=CQ1pfdrhcPM
youtube.com/watch?v=2Qb2lt4ZzYI
youtube.com/watch?v=cRZTDEJUilE
youtube.com/watch?v=fztfb6XCzXE
youtube.com/watch?v=gy8Abf38QMo
youtube.com/watch?v=wbPP56hNtwc

Half in the Shit
youtube.com/watch?v=CTN6z5e7LFw
youtube.com/watch?v=f9GaG3UPjDo
youtube.com/watch?v=kqLnbRKdw6c
youtube.com/watch?v=IRLCtLe6XY8
youtube.com/watch?v=kc27aY7UU9U
youtube.com/watch?v=IQrS04Qzv0E

Other
youtube.com/watch?v=2e5x64K3F44
youtube.com/watch?v=tTM07-S8ICE
youtube.com/watch?v=9lvhvsc_TZA
youtube.com/watch?v=xdWRG5UB6fA
youtube.com/watch?v=rzJ-wM45O2c
youtube.com/watch?v=SmUtDm4-iwM
youtube.com/watch?v=S6P62b17uRc

That's from the behind the scenes of the OT you fucking retard. That was before Lucas went insane. The prequels and all the shit ideas in it are all him. You're the one misrepresenting facts

Yes he had you moron.
That's from the transcripts of the prequel story meetings.
RLM presented the whole story like Lucas ego was out of control, when the contrary was the case and his movie got dragged down by brainletts like kasdan having creative input.

>That's from the transcripts of the prequel story meetings
No it's not you dumb cunt. It's from Return of the Jedi and you know. Hence why Kasdan and Marquand are there. You're fooling no one

Dont think so.
JarJar was loved at. That anakin was a MarySue was laughed at.
The lovescene in ep2 was a "why would you do that george?" moment.
Haydens turn into vader plot was a "how does this happen?" moment with a laugh at his transforming scene.
Everything else was just loved and liked.

Prequels have always been shit though, Even when I was 9 years old the Phantom Menace was unappealing as shit compared to the Original Trilogy.

I liked Star Wars when it was rare space wizards with unexplainable space magic and space cowboys, as soon as I saw too many Jedis and "Sith" they lost their appeal

The prequels were phenomenal.

Anyone who says different is in ironically a Disney shill.

>The prequels were phenomenal

Name a good prequel that isn’t rogue one

The Phantom Menace was not actually THAT bad. Sure, kid Anakin sucked, but did he really suck more than adult emo Anakin?

Revenge of the Sith is good but only for memes

bullshit, watch this clip from Clerks 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=RPl5MeXIM8E
notice how Randal doesn't even try to defend the prequels? This movie came out 6 years before the first plinkett review. The common consensus at the time was that these movies were shit.

Revenge of the sith

This is true only because the subsequent movies suck so much more that the whole is bad. If TPM was the only bad one of the bunch it would be a fluke. It at least had less green screen

They are bad. It is no meme. George is a hack. And he is 100% responsible for HIS decision to sell out even though it was against his stated principles.

RLM is popular because they just stated what people already thought in an entertaining package. I doubt they actually changed many minds.

/thread.

holy shit thanks my man

Why would he? Hayden was bad. So thats the only critic?

youtube.com/watch?v=d_iSQ65ZDAE

This sketch aired in 1999 and pretty mercilessly pokes fun at Lucas for being lazy, out of touch, and way too focused on shoehorning terrible characters like Jar Jar into the prequels. If TPM was loved at the time and people still respected George, this sketch wouldn't make any sense.

I was ten when TPM came out and even my friends and I (who were all obsessed with it) thought it was bad compared to the OT.

>So thats the only critic?
Probably the most famous examples of other media hating on the prequels are from Spaced and The Simpsons.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk
youtube.com/watch?v=hHOTkSfVb4o
youtube.com/watch?v=DXGZxPcd0Xg

Those all aired while the prequels were still being released.

BTFO

I didn't need RLM to fucking FALL ASLEEP during episode 2.
shit sucked, deal with it

mike stoklasa is to disneys star wars as zoe quinn is to the trump presidency prove me wrong faggots pro tip you cant calle corso

will sasso was so good

dude people have rekt these movies since i was a kid

Yeah, that's a real good counterpoint.

>wow a british show no one watched until years later hated star wars
the simpsons jokes about everything so ehh

This is actual autism

Who is to the what and what for the who now?

based as fuck

also I'm screencapping this thread and will shove it back at you retards when Mike, Jay, and Rich hate this flick

And Mad gave OT parodies too. So by your logic OT was laughed back than too.

What i see here is just critic that he relied on toys and JarJar. Still doesnt make it laughing stock.
And simpsons were made 5 or 2 years later. Its about JarJar and the cgi that made it "suck". But never on the films or the story. It was criticised, but never laughed at.

I was talking about a bad prequel online back when Clinton was cigar fucking a chubby teen in the Oval Office.

RLM actually just rode the wave of "contrarianism and nitpicking makes you smart" that rose from internet culture around 2007 and onwards.

it was star wars was always trash

Not really. Just realistic. Others are just reeeeing. And im not that narrow minded. It was criticised, and it had it flaws. But these flaws dont maske it that bad as many want to believe.

They won't, they're "big e-celebs" now.

DELET

What does that even mean?

False equivalence. Star Wars have always been parodied but the prequels have been parodied specifically for being shitty disappointments

>I blame these talentless hacks for popularizing the "prequels are bad" meme.
This is some amazing revisionism, but I understand why millennials don't want to let go of their childhood nostalgia.

Indeed it was always corny and cheesy. I rememeber how many laughed at luke for being a crybaby. How he could singlehandly destroy deathstars, marketable ewoks and things, but that are critic or flaws that are there, but can outweighted by other good things. For me Ep1 is the less of the new trilogy, but still better as Ep7 if you take effort and story into that quotation.

>And simpsons were made 5 or 2 years later. Its about JarJar and the cgi that made it "suck". But never on the films or the story.
Did you not watch the one where they tell Lucas to knock it off with the politics bullshit and get back to swashbuckling and character interactions?

>painfully obvious green screen
>frame cluttered with tons of meaningless shit

Really made me ponder

Nice point, stupid.

Mainly for the toys. Back than OT was mocked at being very cheesy and having logical flaws and soap opera turns, which in your logic indicates that they are bad movies too.

That’s not true, I was a teenager with the internet when they came out and he was well aware of the backlash after episode 1

Lol they did what? They criticise heay use of CGI, which in fact is just an art form, and being more plot driven.
But than he says going back to copy cheesy stories which both accept. Says many things on the writers what they think about starwars and makes more like a nab at fans than at prequels. That it always was that way. Thats not really laughing at StarWars.

>the prequels are ba-

The one thing the RLM videos hammered home is that green sceen acting is atrocious.

Half the prequels are just people walking through CGI hallways and talking.

The movies are BORING and then the action scenes are too cluttered to really be entertaining.

There's a way to show a lot of people fighting on a screen and still allow the audience to focus on individual soldiers. The opening of Saving Private Ryan comes to mind. You get big sweeping shots of dozens of soldiers running, dying, the view from the gunners nests mowing them down, but then there's also small scenes of medics treating wounded, soldiers cowering behind giant caltrops, etc. It allows you to focus briefly on nameless soldiers and feel like you're there in the action.

That's something that the prequels 100% failed to do. It all felt like a video game. Every single action scene had the choreography of a bad video game. You never feel like you're there in the action. There's a CACOPHONY of visual noise attacking your brain and you can't focus on ANY of it, so you just tune out.

Know where you are.

>which in your logic indicates that they are bad movies too
The fuck are you talking about? I never said a movie being parodied proved it was a bad movie. The OT has been parodied but it's also universally recognized as great trilogy of movies. The prequels on the other hand has not only been parodied, but shat on since the beginning. But you seem to insist that they were beloved movies until the plinkett reviews despite being proven wrong constantly in this thread, you retarded revisionist cunt

They were beloved movies. Or how do you think After that it went big even with normies? It spawned animated series and several games? Jango, clonetroopers and several jedis had fan following? Even the imperator got more fans. It was not with Plinkett were the tide turned, just with all the too much merchandise it got a stain.

After phantom menace they really didn't. Pod racing, going through the planet core, and the theed power station (even though what the actual fuck does tuscany in space fucking need with all that power?) FEELS like star wars, it's a fantasy adventure movie set in space. Attack of the clones is sorely lacking in fantasy OR adventure, and revenge of the sith has Sheev and memes and sheevmemes. But that's fucking it.
And it's not to say star wars must be a rehash of the OT, because the EU and clone wars proved that people dig the universe, and are interested in hearing other space fantasy adventure movies set in space, set in star wars. It's a big universe, with plenty of tales to be told, but it just keeps coming back to the entire galaxy hinging on what is basically one extended family being fucking retarded absolutely all the fucking time for no better reason than things need to happen.

>Man takes a shit on stage
>"Wow that sucked, fuck you"
>Another man comes on stage and starts jacking off onto pictures of his 90 year old mom
>"I'm so sorry mister shitting man, please come back I should've never been mean to you"

I don't know why autistic people think that a successor being shit redeems its predecessor, its such a bizarre line of thinking.

So you admit you like them because you're an underage who grew up on shitty licensed tripe that milked children and autists while everyone else moved on to Harry Potter? Thanks for actually being honest rather than attempting to revise pop culture history to make you feel less embarrassed over your sad childhood.

>implying Lucas saw, or was effected by, Plinkett’s reviews in any way

They really have valid points. Cant agree on the fights, they were good but they tried too much "what technical is possible"
And that its boring, it has similar action pace as OT and even a more feel like old time swashbuckle films

they just amplified the nerd rage and created new memes.
The People vs George Lucas was already a thing.

Lol, so you dont have any arguments to prove me wrong?
And I was sadly too young too go into the cinema, i only got the afterwaves of the OT. I even got back than the Luke in Stormtrooper outfit from the OT toy line. Im just saying how it was back than, but maybe i never was that autistic nerdy or in that group to see OT through nostalgia glasses.

Nah, the problem is that some are just nostalgic autistic that say "its different than the predecessor, but i want the same story over and over again". And because they grew up with the first one, everything should be like that and every fault is ok. Thats why ep7 is so liked by them, because its just a new hope remastered.

Honestly when I was a kid I loved the prequels, and even today all of my young cousins enjoy them as well.