This is too good

This is too good.

This is what BvS should have been.

No, this is the kind of thing we can only really have in the comics because of the rich histories behind the characters.

Movies will never be good because they have to simplify everything for normies.

> because of the rich histories behind the characters.

Yeah it was odd seeing people getting excited for The Executioner's famous death scene in the new Thor movie when this is the first movie he's been in. How much build up can they do with a cast that big to give his heroic sacrifice any kind of impact?

>This is too good.
No, it's pandering.
Just like the rest of rebirth.

And pandering to your fans is bad because... ?

Better than pandering to non-fans because shit stories aren't selling.

because it's inorganic storytelling.

This is shit.

Ah, so it's artificial fun, then.

>Moment with 75+ years of history to set it up and give it context.
>Hurr this is what the second movie in a series should have been.
I liked it too, but don't be stupid OP.

Comfyfags that only want inoffensive and bland stories are the worst.

At least the DCEU is taking some risks, but all you faggots want is retreads of old storylines and the same rehashed shit over and over again.

>BvS should've been a family dinner
Haha-no

Dinner is inorganic?

THIS
Fuck's sake.

Rebirth is so milquetoast and bland.

>what is pandering and why would it cause inorganic storytelling

AND
These guys didn't even dispute that they were pandering.

I didn't even care much for BvS, but for fuck's sake all the "NOT MUH" autism is grating my nerves. Especially when everyone's jizzing all over Rebirth like it's the second coming of Jesus, when it's actually a bland piece of shit that does nothing new.

Even if it doesn't work all the time for me, I appreciate the DCEU trying to do something a bit different.

If by risks you mean making everything super dull and uninteresting then sure, yeah, he takes lots of risks.

>making everything super dull and uninteresting
Are you sure you're not talking about Rebirth?

Fuck off edgefag

>you mean making everything super dull and uninteresting
I disagree.

dumb phoneposter

>taking some risks
>wanting to replicate Nolan's magic

>Superman, Batman, Robin, and superboy eating dessert

You'll never get anything like this from DC. They want edgy movies. Marvel would do something comfy like this.

>No superman and batman being bros in the movies
>Instead we get MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BvS bats and Nolan Bats are different though. And Snyder is MUCH more stylized than Nolan.
>inb4 killing
Batman Returns called.

You now realize that reporters know that names humanize people more than titles (i.e. mom).

Not an argument. Tell me what you think Rebirth does so well then.

Are you denying that it's mostly rehashed, inoffensive shit that doesn't particularly excel at anything? Young Animal and Hannah Barbera shits on everything Rebirth right now.

>Young Animal and Hannah Barbera shits on everything Rebirth right now.
ding ding ding
We have a winner.

I was humoring your awful Sup Forums-tier "argument" for comedy's sake.

>pandering
That's what Marvel is doing.

DC is just pumping good stories, incidentally catering to true fans and readers.

That's not pandering.

>Young Animal and Hannah Barbera shits on everything Rebirth right now.
But it doesn't sell.

>your awful Sup Forums-tier "argument"
Please explain what about my argument is poorer than your play-dumb sarcasm approach?

Both are pandering right now.

Absolutely irrelevant to quality.

High quality rarely does.

My bad though, Rebirth does excel at something. It excels at jerking off nostalgiafags, the reason why superhero comic book will never reach their true potential.

"Not muh" autists will always throw bitchfits and cry for the status quo, no matter how good the stories are. They're too preoccupied with the "pure" interpretations of the characters from their childhood, they don't actually care about good stories.

It's relevant if you want more of it.

>muh pandering
Kill yourself, nigger.

I'd rather get a good limited series than 50 issues of some bland mediocre shit.

Again, sales are irrelevant to quality.

I love the idea of Batman being perpetually uncomfortable being in the presence of the metaphorical/literal light in Superman's life.

>why am I here
>why is she pouring coffee
>what is this pie for
>this isn't a dark, dingy rooftop

How does one measure quality of a comic, anyway?

Those apples were 100% organic

Fuck off casual. Rebirth is the best DC has ever been and its be keeping it American. GOAT writers like Tomasi and Rucka are redefining the genre by taking it ahead, but still sticking to it's core. It's also making some use of shit IPs like Watchmen.

I hope this is bait.

I doubt you gave 2 shits about Skurge before even knowing about HE STOOD ALONE.

Tomasi tends to go for the obvious emotional elements in his books. Sometimes it's charming and sometimes it's downright manipulative.

So give Superman a kid and Batman a kid, and just have the two kids become partners. In the direct sequel with no setup or lead into. You do realize BvS is a sequel to Man of Steel right and him and Batman never met until then and Superman was relatively new in universe. You dumb fuck

Lois is hot.

>Hey there buddy, you enjoying your coffee?

You're hot

At this point I don't know if this is satire or genuine.

>Rebirth
>Fun, emotionally driven Superman book
>Tom King's Batman is either dumb or brilliant
>Rucka's Wonder Woman is imploding
Mixed bag for me honestly, Trinity-wise. I like the new status quo fine but I feel like it's not being taken advantage of enough. I guess there are only so many writers that I'm interested in.

>colours
>Batman and Superman talking while in costume
>Batman not murdering everyone
>Superman not moping or complaining
>no guns in sight
>someone is smiling
>no one screaming MARTHAAAAA!!!!!!
This picture is a DCEUfags worst nightmare.

stop having opinions

>it's alright because the DCEU versions are retarded on purpose
You're right. We totally need 2.5 movies of these characters being unlikable, whiny, mopey idiots before they begin to be resemble who they should be.

>who they should be
No such thing. There are countless interpretations of these heroes and the DCEU is not the main DCU. It's a different reality, characters can be different.

That's like complaining about Red Son Superman because it's not like main universe Superman.

>first ever connected DC cinematic universe is some shitty Elseworlds
That's a terrible fucking idea. It should've been the best versions of the characters, not some hacks version.
>That's like complaining about Red Son Superman because it's not like main universe Superman.
If Red Son were the only Superman book we were going to get for 10+ years then you can bet your ass people would complain.

You're not allowed to like anything.

Then why is there so much butthurt when we give Snyderman and Murderbats nicknames to differentiate them from the "main" versions?

Been re-reading Morrison's Batman run and the fact that Damian is alive again now kinda cheapens it. I guess that's just comic books and every story is its own canon but Damian doesn't seem to have much of a purpose as a character now that he's resurrected.

Fucking really though. god forbid they try to do something different with characters. Batman going down a dark path and actually murdering people, being xenophobic towards Superman, and eventually forming the Justice League to atone for his mistakes. As opposed to the same bullshit we've been getting for the last few decades as the characters remained static.

I like you

I like you

Might as well ask here: What does Damian's voice sound like? For some reason I read him as British but I guess it's debatable.

Different does not mean Good.
Taking risks means there's a chance of failure.
And the DCEU didn't even do the latter. What risks does it take? It shoves in Batman at the earliest sign of trouble, cancelled its C lister movie when they canned Cyborg, apes whatever's proven to be popular be it NolanBats for Superman or Guardians for Suicide Squad, and literally pimped the movies to the Bible Belt for guaranteed christbucks.

The fact that it didn't work doesn't mean they didn't play it safe as fuck.

Nothing wrong with something new now and then.
In an isolated elseworld's story in a small comic book run.

Not in the multi million dollar big screen franchise we'll be facing for a decade.

>when they canned Cyborg
source?

I have him as a formal and polite child, but with some faux affability. No accent.

To me he just sounds like a brat. Smug, sarcastic, and entitled. No nationality (I have a hard time even reading specifically British characters with the accent).

no one gives any shit about him beyond that
that's the extent of what will be shown in the movie, too
it'll be like the origin story of the stones in guardians of the galaxy, a brief flashback

Damian's of the age where your accent is more malleable. I imagine he had an international, slightly British accent but his time in America with Batman has probably led him to taking on that accent a bit.

This is a kid who can imitate anyone's voice and is fluent in several languages. I bet he can talk however he wants.

Careful.

>forming the Justice League to atone for his mistakes

>I know I murdered a whole bunch of people but I'm real sorry now.
Why doesn't he give the Joker an opportunity to atone for his mistakes by forming a team of people to do good?

one of those obnoxious 'my great uncle is an oil sheikh, I'm practically royalty' trust fund sand kids you find at private colleges

both are bad.

>>forming the Justice League to atone for his mistakes
it's to prepare for the great threat the world is going to face
and because he's realized that there's power in friends

it was meant to be Joker getting sent to the Skwad but all they got was Harley

You can like it but it's just appealing to people who like superman with a family without any of the depth or nuance chris had. Making Jon be a carbon copy of superman is shit. He's not a charater so much as a cutout of superman. I don't want him to be an edgy shit like damian but he has no personality that isn't literally clark but 10 years old.

damians purpose was to be a cunt who got killed because he shouldn't have been a vigilantly.

and that makes up for all the killing how?

>Making Jon be a carbon copy of superman is shit.
but he's not a carbon copy
his powers are completely different and weird (so far)

as a personality he's just an idealistic young kid (like you might see from a kid raised in kansas by superman)

He's really, really sorry.

It doesn't (though you could argue that saving the entire world would redeem him for the deaths of some mercenaries)
he never said he was going to devote his life to making up for the killing of some mooks
and the fact that he did it doesn't mean he can't help save the world

>We totally need 2.5 movies of these characters being unlikable, whiny, mopey idiots before they begin to be resemble who they should be.
They started to resemble who they are, why are you complai-
Oh, i forgot in what board i am.

His personality is almost a 1:1 of clarks. I just wish it was more creative than just, it's pandering. I mean it panders to hardcore fans rather than ruining a character but it is pandering and I wish it just had more nuance.

>
"Not muh" autists will always throw bitchfits and cry for the status quo, no matter how good the stories are. They're too preoccupied with the "pure" interpretations of the characters from their childhood, they don't actually care about good stories.
Because Jon isn't something new or anything.

Anytime I read him I just think of the animated movies voice since it's the only version of Damian we've had plus it suits him.

It's not pandering, it's just showing that he's young and unmolded.

Pandering would be if they made him a copy of the other superboys.

I always read his voice as a smug British kid.

What else can he be?

We're not gonna get edgy loner, because he has his loving parents, plus his dad is Superman.

We're not gonna get a brat, because Lois is a harsh disciplinarian, and Superman has canon put his family above everything else. Fuck Earth, fuck every other person, FAMILY.

It's fine. He's fine.
Naive fun loving kid who loves his family and wants to one day be a hero.

Yeah it's pretty good
They're getting better with the movies, too

Sure he can save the world. The Joker could save the world. But that doesn't make him a hero. This Batman can never be a hero unless he faces justice for his murders.

He doesn't just get a free pass because he's super sorry about it now and promises to make up for it by saving the world and pinky swears to never do it again.

Actually it's a single page, not even sequential art. It's not an actual story. The actual comic is nice because it contains a nice mix of positive affirmations/pandering with a generative plot and obstacles to punch.

I'm liking it because I always wanted to see Superman have a long-term, positive future. Something like the epilogue to Kingdom Come.

>Superman didn't crush batman easily

Pandering to batfags was a mistake.

I think of the animated movies but minus about 30% on the whinyness scale.

>All you need to appease Superman fans is to make him do stuff like have him eating pie while smiling right next to the American flag.

>We can talk indoors like normal people
>still wear the costumes
Okay.

People are so edgy or weirded out, they cant have Superman and Batman in a casual environment, chatting,eating pie.

Maybe this is why Zack Snyder, made sure that in Superman and BvS movies nobody talked in suit with each other unless it's fucking action movie lines.

has he developed new abilities? i don't read it.

>what is atonement
Stop being autistic, it's not a good look.

this
So blatant.

>atonement

Not him but I agree. He went off the rails and became a serial killer but cause he's sorry he should be let off the hook?