Dolph Lundgren joins Aquaman

avclub.com/article/dolph-lundgren-dives-aquaman-253650

Blegh. He should have been in Deadpool 2 instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/creepypuppet/status/852336611152977921
youtube.com/watch?v=6IfeGnr2lE4
youtube.com/watch?v=DX3R7fVVU-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well I GUESS that's a good sign. That's a sign that the DCEU isn't dead, right?

If it dies, it dies.

and DC's streak of hiring talentless nonames and hasbeens continues

Dolph Lundgren is literally a genius though. Look it up.

Almost enough to make me want to go see it, but then I remember it's a DC james wan mamoa movie. Should have made dolph aquaman.

Don't you talk about Ivan Drago like that.

>but then I remember it's a DC james wan mamoa movie.
None those things put me off though.

Who is he breaking

then you have shit taste and are probably retarded

That's fine, they put me off because James Wan is a bit of a hack when it comes to horror flicks, and I love horror movies, Mamoa only knows how to do one role, and it's DC so it's going to be bad either way due to executive meddling.

>He should have been in Deadpool 2 instead.
Fucking this. He would have been perfect as a comedic Cable playing off of Reynolds. Then cast Brolin as this who-gives-a-fuck King character.

>and it's DC so it's going to be bad either way due to executive meddling.
????
>who is Edgar Wright
>what is Iron Man 2

Damn i wanted Dolph to be King He-Man in Sony's Masters of the Universe movie, even if only as a narrator guest star.

Ant-man was painfully generic and felt like pure filler for their little universe they're building.

>3 villains
Oh look DC is being retarded again

I hoped he would be Murk, but alas.

Drago v s Drogo

He-Man vs Conan.

>Grant Gustin can't be the Flash, he's a TV Guy.

>Hire the antagonist from Arrow season 5

Strange, he's a very intelligent man who doesn't usually make mistakes.

Maybe he needs money bad.

That's a pretty good cast.

>His dad is Jango Fett and his brother is Nite Owl II

He's Black Manta?

>his mother is Dr. Chase Meridian

>his advisor is Norman Osborn

This is the only DCEU movie I have any hopes for, which is hilarious considering it's Aquaman - the butt of all superhero jokes. The cast is pretty good, James Wan is based and he seems to want to make a swashbuckling adventure movie. There was some concept art released at some Con recently with an army of Atlanteans riding sharks into battle and Black Manta in what was described as a very comic accurate outfit. I have hopes.

I'll believe the Aquaman movie happening when I see it. I mean hell, Dwayne Johnson was cast as Black Adam how many years ago? And Flash keeps getting pushed back. If Justice League tanks, strap in for more Batman shit

Yea he just got sidetracked on his way to MIT to do his masters in Chemistry.

underrated.

They're literally filming it right now.

breddy goat except for the objectivist cunt.

>literally a genius
>joins DC
sure he is

>joins what is without a doubt the biggest production of his life
i mean it doesn't take a genius, but he literally is.

I thought that was just test footage?

twitter.com/creepypuppet/status/852336611152977921

>Drago and Drogo in the same movie.

Its more like Arrow overshooted with its antagonist, is one of the reason why this season of Arrow is not as horrible as the last two seasons.

Huh?

It was concept art ... but they're are now beginning production in either Australia or New Zealand.

It really says something when the leads are the worst actors in this cast.

amber heard is a very bland actress despite being very very very attractive. also, she's an unironic ayn rand fan.

Are you referring to the shot of Aquaman swimming underwater that Snyder released? That's from Justice League. They showed off some animated concept art at a Con recently and the cast and crew are all in Australia now.

youtube.com/watch?v=6IfeGnr2lE4

I was referring to the footage of Arthur swimming to his throne. They had Momoa on this crane and everything. Not sure if that was JL behind the scenes or for Aquaman though

>she's an unironic ayn rand fan.

So is Zack Snyder. No wonder he cast her.

Oh alright then. At any rate Im not entirely sold on this take on Aquaman right now. I want a good Aquaman movie, its just that I dont care for Momoa, and I dont see them doing Black Manta or his costume for that matter any justice. Still, the last JL at least made it look like Momoa was having fun with the role

>The mockups that Wan showed were arresting. They included drawings of an elaborate dogfight pitting warriors riding sharks and octopus-like creatures. There were also deep sea dragons, glittering palaces, and an image of Aquaman, trident in hand, riding a hammerhead shark.

I don't know man, it sounds badass. They also said Black Manta's concept art looks basically exactly like the comics, big ass helmet and all.

I saw someone post some concept art of Manta, and idk if it was by a fan or for the movie but if it was for the movie, it was damn good. Pretty accurate.

Never saw The Expendables movies of Showdown in Little Tokyo, I take it?

>dolph lundgren went from arrow to aquaman
>brandon routh went from superman returns to legends of tomorrow

that this...hilarious honestly.

No I mean

he's been in some shitty things, no argument, but he's genuinely a very smart guy with a lot of money invested in a diverse portfolio

he shouldn't be doing this shit

>showdown in little tokyo
>bad
youtube.com/watch?v=DX3R7fVVU-g
take that back

Actually you're right. Right after I posted that I remebered Cary Tagawa's awesome death scene. Any movie with a scene like that can't be all bad.

The Expendables movies are still dogshit though.

it's a good idea but it was a poor execution. 80s action starts making a modern day action movie instead of an 80s action film. You can basically compare it to BvS - they had one time to do this, and they all fucked it up. It's already confirmed expendables 4 will be without arnie and sly. It's over, and It's sad. All the people that grew up watching their films will never get to see a proper treatment for these films.

Who's Nicole Kidman? Aquaman's mom?