Stop this revisionist history

Can we please end the meme that pic related is bad? Sure the ewoks are kind of annoying but RotJ has the best moment in the trilogy, Luk vs Vader and the Emperor, and actually has a satisfiying ending for the series. It's way better than anything after its release, especially nu-wars, and successfully expanded the universe more than any other film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3tUuZrvadMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
youtube.com/watch?v=aJTsQEoIcvA
youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_j3s5xj8I
youtube.com/watch?v=en8bh60K7m8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's very good until yoda dies
then it's garbage

The important thing is that it's far better than any of the prequels

Is it though?
The Ewoks would be meme'd on much harder if they were in the PT.

It is a great action adventure film that just so happens to have some clunker parts.

It's still. far better than anything that came after

>UHHM DUB DUB IF YOO THINK ROTJ IS BAD YOU MUST LIKE TEH PREQUELS AND THE DISNEY TREELOGY

Are you fucking retarded? There are only two good Star Wars movies: The original cut of A New Hope with the scenes that were cut by Lucas' autism and The Empire Strikes back. Everything else is fucking trash made to sell toys.

it’s so boring though. How can any self-respecting adult sit through that horrible drawn out Tatooine sequence and call it a good movie? An amazing ending doesn’t make up for all the shit that proceeded it

literally the only valid criticisms are
>another death star
>bears

Well obviously, if you think about it for a second NOT through prism of nostalgia, every movie in OT has meme moments. Still! It has much better storyboard, writing, dialogues. Characters sometimes actually say meaningful things, unlike in the new movies where every action is explained three times for the viewer.

This. And the Tatooine part feels disconnected from the rest of the movie, to boot.

It's a great film, but it doesn't topple the big 3. IV, V, and III.

I've never felt like the Ewoks are that annoying. You'll see some die and kill, so they are far from just cuddly teddybears.

They needed to rescue Han and it was a good way to show how much Luke has grown since he left the planet

>and successfully expanded the universe more than any other film.

Absolutely untrue, Empire Strikes Back did this

>two good movies exist one of which is a cut concocted entirely by my aspergers which doesen't exist anywhere else

Ewoks were trash, get over it

III is better than this, otherwise yes

It's fine, but it's kind of a mess. They fugged it up by bringing Han back. He had nothing to do the whole movie, and the first act plays like a completely unrelated side adventure because of it.

>Chewbacca is a highly intelligent sentient creature capable of piloting star fighters, repairing sophisticated mechanical instruments and understanding multiple languages, but for some reason now he turns into a stupid dog that can't gets fooled into eating rotten caucuses and triggering obvious traps

youtube.com/watch?v=3tUuZrvadMQ

As a kid I didn't notice the less good parts like the Ewoks. I already noticed how great the confrontation in the Emperor's Throne Room was.

As an adult I only appreciate it more. Obviously the Ewok parts stick out, but they don't ruin the movie. It has a charm to it. But it could've been better had they beeen wookiees armed to the teeth with weapons (while still being somewhat primitive).

Are any of the Star wars films even good?

Jedi was always my favorite as a kid, and it secretly still is. Empire is my least favorite of the OT desu. I only say it's the best because that's what you're expected to say and I don't care enough to get into arguments about it. All that Han and Leia shit always bored me to tears as a kid and it isn't much better as an adult.

I don't really understand the abject hatred of the Ewoks. Would the movie have been less stupid if they were Wookies?

I don't think many SW fans would say it's actually bad. It's just generally considered the weakest in a superb trilogy.

I mean, I get that people dislike that they clearly exist to sell toys, but if that's the kind of thing that triggers you so hard, why the fuck are you watching a family space adventure movie? Why not just watch Kramer vs Kramer or CSPAN or something.

Haha, no

I guess it's a little dumb that teddy bears defeat Sheev's personal elite soldiers

Jedi's great, the starship battle at the end is the best in the franchise.
youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o

Yeah, but it's kind of dumb that anyone can beat Sheev's personal elite soldiers. It be pretty dumb if they were Wookies like originally intended, or even just regular space humans.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJTsQEoIcvA

ROTJ is on par with the other two movies in the Original Trilogy

I will always love this film for having one of the best space battles that has yet to be really topped

my mane

the ewoks were shit and so was death star 2 electric boogaloo but luke and vader's arc was executed perfectly.

Same, I legit dont understand why people like to hate it. The whole battle of Endor between the space battle to the on-foot battle to the duel between Vader and Luke in the throne room is the peak of the entire franchise.

>DESH STUR TWOO WUG BEHD

Fucking brainlet, it was a trap to lure the entire Rebel Alliance. The Empire didnt think "oh well lets just build another because why not lol". How the fuck does this shit fly over even your tiny head? By building a second Death Star, the Rebels dont feel threatened at all and let their guard down, because they already blew up the first one, how hard can another one be?

Don't forget the original plan was TWO fucking Death Stars. Maybe if you took Plinketts cock out of your ears, you would catch these things.

Nah, it's good. I still think most criticism around it would've disappeared if the Ewoks had been replaced by Wookies as originally intended.

I dont think so honestly, people would still bitch they made multiple Chewbaccas to sell toys of him using primitive weapons like machetes and shit. No much of Endor would change either, they would still have downtime pow wow with C-3PO telling the Wookies about their adventures, Chewbacca would still bro it up with the tarzan yell.

It probably would be better, but the critique would remain one way or another.

who cares what the empire's motivation is, it's still retarded to have another death star but BIGGER when you could just as well have something new like the imperial capital

>The original cut of A New Hope with the scenes that were cut by Lucas' autism

ROTJ is a great film, but did anyone else get serious Kurasawa vibes?

my only real problems are with the pacing.
it has by far my favourite moments from all of the films. easily the one i watched the most as a kid.

1st act is to show how far Luke had come since ESB

Maybe the comfiest of the OT. Jabba and Ewok stuff can feel like padding if you’re not in the mindset to indulge its excesses. Everything to do with Vader and the Emperor is amazing; the duel is amazing, and it’s beautiful seeing the three ghosts at the end. (best ending is ‘97 version with the victory celebration and interplanetary celebrations but retaining Seb Shaw as Anakin).

>revisionist
Someone dig up 80s newsgroup posts. It was not popular with nerds upon release regardless of what popular opinion was.

Neither was TESB actually

In the newsgroups posts I saw the beginnings of the ESB being held up as this great movie. It's like Jedi drove them to appreciate it more, even if most nerds on release thought it was a throw away chapter that didn't take the story anywhere.

This. Prequelfags are so rampant right now I can't imagine they're anything more than trolls. ROTS was a shitty movie, end of story. TPM was the best prequel if only because it had exciting moments.

It was dogshit then, it is dogshit now. Not a single memorable line or new character or new

>Empire
Battle of Hoth
Space Worm
Yoda
Cloud City
Luke vs Vader

>Jedi
Jaba's Palace
Rancor
Sarlaac Pitt
Battle of Endor
Luke, Vader, Emperor

How come I can't do this for any of the other movies?

>muh filler

Sounds just like Sup Forums

It has some pretty bad parts, but it more than makes up for it by having some of the strongest scenes out of all 3 movies

youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_j3s5xj8I

ewoks couldve been saved in edit, admit it

You did not get his answer

It also had this

youtube.com/watch?v=en8bh60K7m8

replace ewoks with wookies and its perfect

Ewoks were fantastic, get a grip homos

The Ewoks really ruined a significant portion of the film.

Lucas really should have listened to his screenwriter Kasdan to have Endor Kashyyk and make the Ewoks a Wookie slave revolt. Lucas felt it was too dark and insisted on Ewoks

Kasdan was Jewish and it just shows that Lucas needs to listen to his Jew overlords some more, as he did with Empire Strikes Back and ANH.

Does anyone ever think about how unneccesary every Star Wars sequel is? Even the original sequels weren't really needed. At the end of A New Hope, the Death Star is destroyed, Darth Vader is floating around space in a fucking Tie Fighter and all the heroes' stories are wrapped up.

The plan to get Han back from Jabba doesn't make any damn sense. It feels like everyone had their own plan and it just all happened at the same time.

For years, I didn't even know that people hated the ewoks. Everyone I knew liked the ewoks.

It had a good ending until Disney fucked it up.

It still does. No fanfic tier flick will change it

For their flaws, the OT exists in a bubble, kind of. No matter what shit the prequels do about Vader, or the sequels do to completely ruin Han and Luke, they OT just seems to be beyond them. Idk if it's because it's that good, but it's just something beyond them

Same, never had an issue with the Ewoks, though I'm English - there's something about a superior Empire mowing down native savages that pushes the right buttons for me, even if the end result of Ewoks winning out is daft.

Always considered ROTJ fantastic, no real detractors and Palpatines throne room scenes are some of the best in the franchise.

>even if the end result of Ewoks winning out is daft.
People always say this, but do people forget that they were pretty much going to lose until chewy takes the Walker?

In the end the ewoks seemed more like a distraction until chewy saves the day

The ending is what matters. And they didn't fuck it up. Still, I wish we'd seen how Luke grew into the man he is in Return of the Jedi. He goes from vulnerable, scared Luke in Empire to confident, win-you-over-Vader Luke and we don't see that change and I find that a shame. Wish they'd made it 4 movies.