Top black list scripts 2017 released

google.com/amp/deadline.com/2017/12/2017-black-list-scripts-ranking-list-screenplays-1202222558/amp/

>WWII movie at the top about former German Nazi hunting down his form Einsatzgruppen m8s to atone for his Nazi sins

((((Hollywood))))

someone got a link to all scripts?

after looking what is on it, strike this.

>When Lightning Strikes

>The true story of 25-year-old Joanne Rowling as she weathers first loves, unexpected pregnancies, lost jobs, and depression on her journey to create Harry Potter.

you couldn't rotate that image before posting it?

Fucks sake, half the top scripts are either about Nazi evils, or biopics about writers and journalists

How far up their own fucking arses, are these people?

Why did you post your shopping list? Cut your fingernails.

Moxie
Heather Quinn
To combat crime in near-future Los Angeles, the FBI creates supercops based on specific genetic sequences. To their shock, their best candidate is a vulgar stripper named Moxie.
AGENCY: Paradigm
AGENT: Gabrielle Lewis

It's a joke image tard

>Also in the mix were screenplays that are in the works as films including Newsflash, the Ben Jacoby script that Deadline just broke today will star Seth Rogen as Walter Cronkite and his day on November 22, 1963 when President Kennedy was assassinated.
How many films do we really need about one fucking day?

>Social Justice Warrior

Emma Fletcher, Brett Weiner
When a liberal, white, college sophomore who knows exactly how to fix society accuses her equally liberal professor of hate speech, it throws the campus and both their lives into chaos as they wage war over the right way to stop discrimination.

AGENCY: Fletcher: UTA; Weiner: Paradigm
AGENTS: Fletcher: Greg Iserson, Carolyn Sivitz; Weiner: Chris Smith
MANAGEMENT: Fletcher: Writ Large; Weiner: The Gotham Group

MANAGERS: Fletcher: Britton Rizzio, Courtney Conwell, Greg Shephard; Weiner: Peter McHugh

>Ruin
>Matthew Firpo, Ryan Firpo
>A nameless ex-Nazi captain must navigate the ruins of post-WWII Germany to atone for his crimes during the war by hunting down and killing the surviving members of his former SS death squad.
I don't give a fuck, this sounds like fucking kino. Give it to Refn or Cronenberg

This is going to have the fat one from Ghostbusters in, isn't it?

Gal Gadot is attacked to play in it

i love how these scripts are all "unproduced" yet everyone on there has agents and representation

blacklist isn't the best anymore, its just people in hwood doing others favors by putting their script on it for notoriety

The White Devils
Leon Hendrix III
Cassius raises his sons, Malcolm and Mandela, isolated and alone in the woods. They have never met another person in their entire lives. The boys have learned to survive and protect their fragile family at all cost. When they find a mysterious wounded white girl, June, alone and lost in their woods, prejudice, lies and love set them on a collision course with the real world that puts all their lives at risk.
AGENCY: CAA
AGENT: Praveen Pandian
MANAGEMENT: Grandview
MANAGER: Zac Frognowski

*attached

Oh shit, I just realised that was that film. Kurzel's a fucking hack. Shit.
Oh well

>With Hitler laying waste to Europe and the United States refusing to answer the call to war, Jewish filmmaker William Wyler risks his career to make Mrs. Miniver, the most effective propaganda film of all time.

hehehhe

What if it was a Nolan picture?

>The Expansion Project
>Leo Sardarian
>A rookie Marine gets stranded on a hostile planet during humanity’s space colonization with nothing but her exo-suit that’s running out of fusion power.
Jesus christ, this is hollywood's idea of high-concept sci-fi?
This sounds like a parody you'd see in the background of Entourage or Ray Donovan

He'd find a way to fuck it up.
All of the death scenes would be unsatisfying off-screen messes with terrible choreography and unconvincing performances.

>sexual misconduct accusations have arisen against Walter Cronkite just six days from the release

Hughes
Andrew Rothschild
The story of writer-director John Hughes, whose emotionally honest high school movies helped to define American culture in the 1980s – but who, at the very height of his success, abruptly abandoned filmmaking for reasons that have never been fully explained.
AGENCY: UTA
AGENTS: Amanda Hymson

Who could direct this? Seems like Paul Thomas Anderson could work this

One Thousand Paper Cranes
Ben Bolea
>The incredible true story of Sadako Sasaki, a young girl living in Hiroshima when the atomic bomb was dropped. Years later when she gets leukemia, she hears about the legend that if someone folds one thousand paper cranes, a wish will be granted. At the same time, aspiring writer Eleanor Coerr learns of Sadako’s story and becomes determined to bring her message of hope and peace to the world.

Could actually be really good if it was made by an independent small filmmaker as opposed to hollywood.

>V.I.N.
>Chiara Towne
>As Alex Haley struggles to write the autobiography of Malcolm X, his editor at Playboy assigns him a new interview: George Lincoln Rockwell, head of the American Nazi Party

>Let Her Speak
>Mario Correa
>The true story of Senator Wendy Davis and her 24-hour filibuster to save 75% of abortion clinics in Texas.

>Come As You Are
>Zach Baylin
>An idealistic young woman’s life begins to unravel when her job in social media exposes her to the darkest corners of humanity, sending her on a violent mission to take down not just the web’s most vicious content, but its creators as well.

They aren't even trying to be subtle, are they? And they wonder why people only see 3 movies a year now

JUST FUCKING MURDER ME RIGHT NOW. NO MORE GOTDAMN BIOPICS REEEEEEEE

Nah, it's not sterile enough for PTA (sterile is the wrong word, but I can't think of the right word).
Ironically, I could see Robert Altman doing it if he were still alive. Or Jason Bateman actually

>Ruthless
>John Swetnam
>After she is diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, a former assassin must carry out one last assignment in order to ensure her daughter’s future.
ONE LAST MISSION
this is seriously the best hollywood has to offer?

Not humorless enough I think is what you mean, PTAs movies are usually very serious and the comedy comes from the fucked up situations his characters are in

Dude how are they getting past my adblocker?

>Don’t Be Evil
>Gabriel Diani, Etta Devine, Evan Bates
>Adapted from In the Plex by Steven Levy and I’m Feeling Lucky by Douglas Edwards. Google’s Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Eric Schmidt struggle with their corporate motto, “Don’t Be Evil,” in the face of their meteoric rise to a multibillion-dollar valuation and a major Chinese hacking incident.
Fincher... come out to plaaay....

>The Great Nothing
>Cesar Vitale
>A grieving thirteen-year-old girl hires a terminally ill, acerbic philosophy professor to prevent flunking the seventh grade. What begins as a homework assignment blossoms into an unlikely friendship and a new appreciation for life that neither will forget.

This one sounds right up Sup Forums's alley. Except reduce the age of both characters.

Holy shit

Hack
Mike Schneider
>Based on actual reports, a horrifying look inside the Democratic National Committee hack and the Russian manipulation of the 2016 election.

How did this get in there? Hmm...

>Escape From the North Pole
>Paul Laudiero, Ben Baker
>A young girl partners up with an elf, a Russian explorer and a reindeer to rescue Santa Claus from a band of evil elves and save the North Pole.
What the fuck is this? Is this a kid's movie or a comedy?

You aren't allowed to forget the Holocaust happened almost 90 years ago you stupid fucking Goyim.

>Lionhunters
>Will Beall
>A rogue cop suffers a gunshot wound in 1987 and wakes from a coma thirty years later, where he is partnered with a mildmannered progressive detective — his son.

>YOU GET THE JOB DONE BUT YOU'RE RECKLESS. Meet your new partner
>I'm a lone wolf, I don't need a partner!
>Detective McGraw, meet detective McGraw
>Dad?
>Son?

>The true story of Senator Wendy Davis and her 24-hour filibuster to save 75% of abortion clinics in Texas.

>It's real
SEETHING

>Jihotties
>Molly Prather
>In an effort to fund their start-up, two women catfish ISIS and get more than they bargained for when the CIA recruits them as spies.
>Starring Melissa McCarthy and Amy Schumer
>Directed by Paul Feig

>all these biopics about literal whos
These will never get made. Who would watch this shit?

Fake

>progressive detective

So he's gay?

>Come As You Are
>An idealistic young woman’s life begins to unravel when her job in social media exposes her to the darkest corners of humanity, sending her on a violent mission to take down not just the web’s most vicious content, but its creators as well.
Is this about Sup Forums or the "darkweb"

Did someone ask for a female remake of American Psycho?

Health and Wellness
Joe Epstein
A sociopath obsessed with self-improvement claws her way to the top of the fitness world, leaving a trail of broken bodies in her wake.

>Ruin
>Let her Speak
>V.I.N.
>Come as you are
>Keeper of the Diary
>When Lightning Strikes
Is this a fucking joke?

Where I end sounds alright I guess, but my god they dropped the subtlety of brainwashing completely at this point.

Who would direct? Dan Gilroy?

I can already see the trailer, complete with queef jokes and a gag where they mispronounce "Allahu Akbar"
Half of these pitches sound fucking dismal, like they were made by someone who was intentionally trying to make the most 'gotcha' premise for a movie possible

>Feminist journalist power fantasy.

>Heart of the Beast
>Cameron Alexander
>A former Navy SEAL and his retired combat dog attempt to return to civilization after a catastrophic accident deep in the Alaskan wilderness.

Does every story about former military have to be about Navy SEALS?

>On
>Ryan Jennifer Jones
>In a slightly futuristic/hyper-efficient Manhattan, a newly-single book editor purchases a customizable sex android to assuage her broken heart. When her toy’s closed feedback loop starts to alter her personality, she must reevaluate the merits of a perfectly compatible partner.

>her
Fucking normies can't even get waifus right

Holy shit! How many fucking movies about the fucking holocaust do we really need?

I can see it now
>Dad is conservative
>son is progressive liberal
>son really makes him think
>he changes as a person and becomes liberal, realizes his way of thinking was wrong and outdated
Would make me puke in theater.

How do you get your script on this list?

Six million.

>Young JK walks into bookstore
>Picks up "A Wizard of Earthsea"
>Credits

Because they need to create female opposition to sex bots since they know males will overwhelmingly support them.

Nobody has to watch them, since everyone just skims a cool half mil off the production budget anyway, so they're meant to be perfect Oscar fodder
They fill out your portfolio while capeshit/sequel #502-13B makes the studio their real money

>Queen Elizabeth
>Shatara Michelle Ford
>An uptight, high-achieving, black post-grad becomes (increasingly) irreverent and (slightly) destructive when she realizes that the life she’s living is not the life she wants.
WE

>22 pages into social justice warrior
>White SJW already been blacked

Kek, you can't make this shit up. Seems to be similar in time to Get Out where it's trying to say overbearing white people who try to show how progressive they are actually are bad too

Considering Delta and Green Berets don't write 5-15 books once they're discharged or unenlist, yes.

At least "When Lightning Strikes" is an original name. It's so lazy and cliche when a biopic is named after the persons name ie: Milk, Nixon, Carlos, W etc.

Be a trust fund kiddy in Hollywood with connections
These pitched definitely sound like they were thought up by some sheltered rich kids

> Cassius
> Malcom
> Mandela

I hear the screeching of chimpanzees just reading it

There's like ten female assassin films on that list

>People aren't watching as many movies as they used to, what should we do
>I know, let's make almost every big script a biopic, a movie about Nazis, or a movie about racism. Or, get this, a normal action movie, but with a FEMALE lead. That'll get butts in the seats
It's like they're actively trying to make Blockbusters the only movies that people actually see

>>An idealistic young woman’s life begins to unravel when her job in social media exposes her to the darkest corners of humanity, sending her on a violent mission to take down not just the web’s most vicious content, but its creators as well.
She wants to close Sup Forums? I support her.

>Reddit Incels, R9K, Reddit ForeverAlone

This is her target

>>Reddit Incels, R9K, Reddit ForeverAlone
So Sup Forums?

>This Is Jane
Daniel Loflin
Based on the book The Story of Jane: The Legendary Underground Feminist Abortion Service by Laura Kaplan. An ordinary group of women provide 11,000 safe, illegal abortions in Chicago from 1968 through 1973.

Yass Queen

>Call Jane
Hayley Schore, Roshan Sethi
Before Roe v. Wade in 1960s Chicago, a pregnant woman becomes a member of an underground group which provides abortions in a safe environment.
Yass Queen

>Two scripts about the same movie
Yass Queen

Please remember to get abortions, white women.

every time they make a movie about the holocaust, it makes the holocaust modern again so in reality the holocaust was in the 90s when Schindlers List came out - just a little factoid

the start of >Scrooged

>A rookie Marine gets stranded on a hostile planet during humanity’s space colonization with nothing but her exo-suit that’s running out of fusion power.
>After she is diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, a former assassin must carry out one last assignment in order to ensure her daughter’s future.
>Based on the book trilogy Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know by Chloe J. Esposito. An underdog identical twin accidentally kills her too-perfect sister only to discover murder suits her as she becomes compulsively embroiled in the life of a mafia assassin.
>When a veteran hitwoman is mysteriously poisoned on her last assignment in Tokyo, she has 24 hours to track down her killer before she dies.
>After her family is murdered, an assassin seeks revenge on the killers.
>A writer struggling to crack her second novel starts to lose her sense of reality as the book bleeds into her life…and her life bleeds back.
>After her best friend drowns, a seventh-grade girl is convinced the true cause of the tragedy was a rare jellyfish sting. Retreating into a silent world of imagination, she crafts a plan to prove her theory.
>Based on the short story “The Grownup” by Gillian Flynn. A con woman who pretends to read auras is hired by a wealthy woman to banish an evil spirit from her house, but it is soon clear that the fake exorcist is in over her head.
>A sociopath obsessed with self-improvement claws her way to the top of the fitness world, leaving a trail of broken bodies in her wake.
>In a slightly futuristic/hyper-efficient Manhattan, a newly-single book editor purchases a customizable sex android to assuage her broken heart. When her toy’s closed feedback loop starts to alter her personality, she must reevaluate the merits of a perfectly compatible partner.

"Seems pretty good"

>"her"

"Oh ...."

Six million

Why can't they make more movies about cops, capeshit, or vampires

>Brett Treacy, Dan Woodward
A captive boy’s lifestyle is upended when his abductor asks for his help kidnapping a second child.

Sounds similar to the crazy shit that happen to Steven Stayner

oh what the fuck i actually had an english class with paul laudiero back in college.

funny guy. married his cousin though so kinda weird i guess.

Nobody would have guessed it, but the best film of 2019 with universal acclaim, was
>The Phil Collins Story

>It unified society and brought the elite bloodlines to repent, incited a wave of surprise suicides of Pentagon officials and a full acknowledgement of their authorship of 9/11, and inspired children to become the first generation of a new mankind.

Cory Stayner was a patsy

The book is fucking terrible and a prime example of American guilt propaganda. Can't imagine in this day and age the movie won't be orders of magnitudes worse.

>Come As You Are
>An idealistic young woman’s life begins to unravel when her job in social media exposes her to the darkest corners of humanity, sending her on a violent mission to take down not just the web’s most vicious content, but its creators as well
>"I'm going to take down the Sup Forums man! Numale geek upload me into the computer"
>*80s cyberpunk music starts playing*

DUDE FEMALE ASSASSINS AND ABORTIONS LMAO

WTFFFFFFFFF

The Great Nothing
Cesar Vitale
A grieving thirteen-year-old girl hires a terminally ill, acerbic philosophy professor to prevent flunking the seventh grade. What begins as a homework assignment blossoms into an unlikely friendship and a new appreciation for life that neither will forget.