Literally the worst villain in Star Wars history

Literally the worst villain in Star Wars history

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Force_Awakens_(novelization)
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Last_Jedi_(novelization)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vader was the worst

>fans criticize tfa because it’s a soft reboot
>fans criticize TLJ because it tries to do something new and different
I fucking hate you all.

No that's Exar Kun. Snoke is a very close second though.

What was he? Just a guy with a fucked up face? why did he create the first order? How did he take up charge of it? where he learn sith powers? what's up with his face?

*slices you*
no more questions huh tough guy

Literally the worse film. Even CNN ranked it below Attack of the Clones.

>"quick guys we need a good name for a villain"
>"how about snake?"
>"nah thats too obvious. how about snoke?"
>"perfect."

What the FUCK were they thinking?

nah, Kun at least shined in the comics

nice hurlip fagit

Just turn your brain off dude he was a bad guy LOL who cares

Sort of this. I don't mind Kylo killing Snoke the way he did. Justa bit more backstory to this guy wou;d've been good.

I cannot accept Luke's death as something good however.

It was either Snoke or Darth Icky.

What race is he?

holy shit thank you.
People shit on Grievous and Dooku but at least they werent utterly useless and didnt have an astoundingly terrible design

The only thing I really liked was the wierdo space thief and at the end he runaway as a bad guy. We probably wont see him again.

Fuck.

what was so new and different about it.

Kylo / Rey force connection and sexual tension was the high-point of the movie..but other than that, not much.

Nothing is explained.

>new and different
>end TFA with a 50 foot tall hologram of Snoke, portraying him as the big bad
>kill him in the second movie

yeah it's totally not just shit

Who knew? There is more than one way to make a shit movie.

holy fucking shit who cares?
Snoke was so god damn stupid and im glad we learn nothing about him and watch him die like an idiot.
Fuck JJ abrams for putting that god awful character in the movie

Let me rephrase that... ANY Backstory would've been good.

Palpatine was fine because we see a progression happening, we see how he becomes emperor, and we learn of his master whom he killed.

It's an ESB rehash with some bits from Jedi

The nu-canon is in development hell. Check out the dispute between the crew of Episode VIII and IX and the removal of the director due to "vision differences"
This is NOT Star Wars. Its a defilement of a once great franchise and they walked all over the original plans. None of it makes sense and is nothing more than a cashcow for idiotic masses.

Nothing links in with the past and all the other films except for fan service characters who are now ridiculous levels of Mary Sue and Deus Ex Machina.

just. be. GOOD

He was big bad: the villain. He was tall, scary looking and had deep voice. That makes him the big bad.

apologize

>Fans criticize TFA because its a remake of a new hope with worse characters and plot
>Fans criticize TLJ because it RUINS 40 years of star wars, mocks the audience, and kills off the only interesting character in game of thrones fashion

A very powerful dark side dude that is supposed to give any remaining siths(after vaders death) hope to start up again (not memeing this was JJs plans)
but Rian Johnson didn't care for it so they scraped that because they don't actually have any plan

PORG! HAHAHA CHEWBACCA ATE ONE! HAHAHAHAHA

You all took the piss out of Ewoks but they served a purpose in defeating the Empire garrison on Endor, without them the machine would have failed quickly. You all took the piss out of Jar Jar but he ended up being the most important character in Star Wars canon if you realise what he actually did.

Porgs? Literally nothing but soulless materialism(all your kids,nephews,nieces aswell as the manchildren will have one for "Christmas") with no plot purpose except for a cuteness and laughter.

*Record scratch
*Freeze frame
Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation

This nigga would fucking stomp Snoke. On second thoughts, he'd get Tavion to do it. Even his bitch puppet could beat Snoke.

>you can press a small button with force

why was Obi Wan doing all that typing by hand?

>Rebellion will have to defeat the empire.
>"This war isn't over, this war has just begun"

New and different, everybody.

Admiral Piett I order you to come in at once!

If they made that into a DVD extra I would be slightly okay with it, the curiosity is killing me and what's worse is they got fuckin Andy Serkis to play him and probably didn't even think of a back story.

Gone are the days where art is hand crafted to the most minute details, where Tolkien goes into ridiculous depth so Peter Jackson does the same for the LOTR movies.

You mean Admiral Fayyyar?

You want backstory goys?
Buy the books that accompany each movie showing you indepth each scene! Buy the DvD lore extras! Buy the toys! Buy the boardgames! Buy the videogames(and their DLC!)

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Force_Awakens_(novelization)
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Last_Jedi_(novelization)

;^)

Some ideas in TLJ are ok, it's just a bad movie. Right after Luke sacrifices himself there's a hard cut to cute fox squeezing out of rocks. Tonally it's just all over the place, no idea why they allowed this since TFA was actually really good in this department and felt consistent even if its plot was shit.

>people think he's really dead
why do you think his face is all fucked up, the nigga like never dies, he always regenerates but he gets more and more grotesque looking. nigga's gonna come back in ep IX looking like a Cronenberg monster

CHAIRMAN BAD DUDE
His primary force powers include conjuring mummy's chicken nuggies and dying without an actual fight scene

I feel that came along with everyone saying that Force Awakens was too similar to A New Hope. They specifically made this as outlandish, dumb, and weird as possible just so people can't really compare it to Empire.

When it happened everyone including me started clapping in the cinema

It's a literal repeat of the Palpatine scene in Episode 6, except this time the apparent genius behind the scenes lord of evil forgot to turn the lightsaber's business end away from him in case it accidentally ND'd.

the Hell? in the OG SW movies we know nothing of Paps other than he is the Emperor, a Sith and likes to play mind games. That is all you ever learn in the original movies. Everything else is either EU or Prequel. So are we going to allow what 20 years of people playing with the setting to allow Snoke a chance to get a backstory?

If you're going to go into vidya territory, at least post someone good.

Sheev

I seriously don't get the hate, what they've done here is quite brilliant and seems like one of the few good writing choices from the spoilers.

>referencing Rule of Two, with Snoke having trained Kylo to be stronger and more sneaky than himself and making it an interesting twist if Snoke stays dead
>leaving open the possibility for him being Plagueis who actually beat death several times (explaining the scars)

Keeping him as the big bad without any twist would have left no option but to lead to a RotJ remake next.

What they've done with Luke and the fact Rey is more Mary Sue than ever before (unless this is also some scheme and she actually is a Skywalker or Kenobi, in which case it seems still to be all over the place) is the bigger problem.

>"quick guys, we need a good name for an evil order"
> "how about Order 666?"
>"nah thats too obvious. how about Order 66?"
>"perfect."

He's definitely Plagueis or was meant to be at some point, they'll just never say it but I know he is.

>mr lucas, we need a new name for a sith apprentice
>darth icky
>is this a joke George?
>darth insanius

Yes, but if without the prequels when the OT was made, the Emperor talked in a hologram for a few minutes in ESB. He then appeared in ROTJ and was killed by Vader. The information we get on Snoke will probably be more than we knew about the Emperor before the prequels. So in TLJ, Kylo kills Snoke in the same fashion as Vader. Poetry.

We can literally make thousands of these greentexts by now.

What was the point of this guy? Couldn't they have made Kylo Ren the Supreme Leader from the start? I mean, he is a sperg that nobody can take seriously, but even Hitler and Stalin were spergs that managed to get into power.

You mean,
>try something new and different and completely incompetent

Except Snoke is not the Emperor. The Emperor doesn't need backstory in Star Wars anymore than the Emperor of Japan needs a backstory in WW2. It's an empire, logically there will be an emperor.

Snoke is just fucking Snoke, a weird guy that magically appears as the the not-emperor of the not-empire with not-sith force powers and dies like a chump.

That's why I love George.

first post worst post

>no, call him Jett. My sons name is Jett
You have to hand it to Lucas, the stupid shit he did was fucking hilarious.

links on that dispute user?

they literally just wanted a plot twist

Hey not defending Snoke, but using background story to prop up Paps and ding Snoke is bullshit. Fact is that Snoke had no screen presence, Vader shows up = fucking hell this guy will end you. Paps shows up = will end you and twist your mind while doing it. Snoke shows up = eh maybe a dude i have to worry about. There is no impending doom when Snoke is on screen and he has to follow some on the best villains to ever get put on screen

oh this post.. it catches so many (You)s

It’s also how I legitimately feel user.

I think that the bigest problem with the movie is that it sets up so fucking cool things and drops the ball so fucking hard. I think about when Del Toro explains to Finn that the Rebels are not really different from the first order, then they show how Luke was a fucking asshole wanting to kill Ben. Literally as worse as a Sith. All these are leading up to the moment where Kylo asks Rey to join him. The logical thing would be that Rey joins him and they leave behind all this, but no, the rebels are gud :DDDDDD. I was so dissapointed.

dooku did more than this couch potato

Considering how many times the script writer forced "lying snake" into the script, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all the thought that was involved.

I get the sense that this movie and the next one are not following the plan they had in mind when they made The Force Awakens.

What kind of name is Snoke? That kind of ruined him right from the start similar to Count Dooku

that's not post-Genndy Grievous

>What the FUCK were they thinking?

Sheev

shut the fuck up you little faggot gray kreianigger the katarn era was god tier

Nibba, they literally had no plans for the future, they were making shit up as they went along. Kathleen Kennedy is many things, but she ain't Kevin Feige. Say what you will about him and his controlling nature, but at least the MCU had a clear vision.

...Oh.

Katarn and Jan were ok but that dinosaur nigger was terrible and boring. Horrid design.

Kylo force...rotates the light saber so it points towards Snoke.

They're going to try and write it off that Snoke thought he was reading Kylo's intent of killing Rey and igniting his own lightsaber. So really he's just a putsy gimp that can't do shit.

You're giving the movie way too much credit.

The prequels set up the idea that the Jedi were arrogant twits who were the cause for their own demise. Hell if they were knights of justice like they said they were, they would have freed Anakins mother, and he would never turn evil.

The prequels also introduced morally ambiguous political system, that slowly descents into authoritarism.

Critics are trying to pass this off as something groundbreaking and original , but this shit was in the prequels

want some milk to cheer you up big boii

snoke actually mean to die so he can go and terrorize all the forst gosts of the jedi masters and FUCK SHIT UP like a badass thru astral project
he is gunna fly into space projecting self bigtime like galacto and say haha i meant to do this, i am the next death star this was accoridng 2 my plans all along thanks kyle
that is why lugo kill self to kyle so he can go to force realm to gang up on snoke with daddy vadakin yooder obi wanna and possibley mase dindo

Honestly they should of just made him a former royal guard who got deformed during the explosion of the death star. There, a solid backstory that doesn't take long to explain, but no they couldn't even give us that.

Genndy Grevious was so fucking cool. That whole series was the best thing about the prequels.

i liked desann tho

>fans criticize the prequels because it tries to do something new and different

Funny how your argument now works against you.

Desann was a good design, just a weak villain overall. At least he had good bantz.

>cartoons
I disagree

Sounds about right

>damn how do we make this new OC toy sell
>he kills A HUNDRED JEDI on his own cuz he's so BAD2SS

Fucking children holy fuck, Grievous is a garbage character in every portrayal.

essentially, yes

This is a franchise for children.

A complete waste of Andy Serkis too

This sounds like absolute shit. At least with the prequels the EU wasn't so bad but what do we have now with Star Wars? EA battlefront? Star Wars is finally dead.

Star Wars has been a toy advertisement since Return.

Greivous was the worst one by far.

>shown to be a jedi hunting robot that can take on multiple jedi at once with little difficulty
>does absolutely jack shit in the movies besides twirl some lightsabers and become a jobber

>finally

It died in 1983 bub. Everything has been faggot fanwank shit for dumb nerds ever since.

All I see is an evil white male. Pretty scary tbqh famalamadingdongs

Some of the videogames were solid.

Other thread deleted
reposting pic here

>EA has Star Wars for the next 5 years
>no new Rogue Squadron ever
>the next movie is the fucking Han Solo one
>JJ in charge of wrapping up the trilogy after Johnson just took a hard left from TFA
I don't like it

so you didn't watch the movie

Nah there were some good video games like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight. Even so there was always a hope that it could make a comeback but now Disney has shown it will never happen. It's over, Star Wars is finally dead after all these years.

*Since ANH ended up being a success

FTFY.