Sup Forums movies no one remembers

Sup Forums movies no one remembers.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_to_Perdition_(comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that triggered bitch in the SS hat?

So I never read The Spirit, but is it normal for him to get his ass beat and made to look like a joke?

Fuck im still mad about this fucking movie.

I read a bunch of spirit comics when i was younger. I have no idea what this movie was supposed to be about but none of it made any fucking sense to me. In the comics i read he wasnt invincible or whatever he was just a normal dude that woke up in his coffin and dug hid way out. He was just like a detective. I have no idea who the fuck the antagonist of this movie was. I just remember being mad as fuck

Saw this in the movies.

Scarjo was very attractive in this movie

They even made a sequel.

Nah, the humor was pretty out of place

That would be Scarlett Johansson.

Arguably one of the most accurate superhero movie adaptions

I don't know how Miller justified this trash when he was such close friends with Eisner.

Sup Forums movie that people forget is a Sup Forums movie

Same as a History of Violence

I remember it being terrible. So bad, that I regret not drinking bleach and killing myself for watching it.

The only other movies that made me seriously contemplate suicide were Transformers 4, Bad Milo, and The Spirit.

Not even Cannibal Ferrox or Galaxy of Terror were that bad.

I unironically love this movie. I mean, it's a terrible, terrible Spirit adaptation. But it's definitely got that kitschy feel to it.

I remember jacking it to Eva Mendas

I was a horny teenager and she took a photocopy of her butt

Didn't someone from Disney want to make an animated adaption of it but it was rejected or some shit?

Remember seeing her character and thinking at the time, if they ever made a FMA adaption she'd be perfect as Hawkeye

>Eva Mendas
I haven't seen her in anything for a while, looks like she became a stay at home mom after having Gosling's kids

Aren't all the women in this movie legitimately buxom and plump in a really appealing way? I seem to remember them all being built like brick houses.

But who could forget Captain America's Don't Stop Believing?

I AM THE OCTOPUS

I GOT EIGHT OF EVERYTHANG

imagine

Frank Miller seems to have a type

History of Violence was better as a movie imo. Isn't there like three books about the characters from Road to Perdition?

Chris Evans has been in how many comic franchises/films? 5? Scott Pilgrim, FF, Snowpiercer, Losers, and Avengers is all I can think of. Anyone else been in that many?

The guy who wrote it has written a shit ton of other books (like the Quarry series, which just had a good TV adaptation). Huh, I didn't realize that it was published from a DC imprint (Paradox Press).

Road to Perdition is confusing, because it was a comic, that then had a movie adaptation, which then had a prose novel based off the movie, then two other prose novels to follow it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_to_Perdition_(comics)

Red was pretty good, though I had no idea it was a comic adaptation when I first saw it

i watchet it in theaters

I vividly remember this one.
Sometimes, you DON'T want faithfulness in your costumes but I still kinda admire the fact that they did it.

i loved it i havent seen the secual and i dont plan to doit

It happens sometimes, The Spirit is not a serious comic.
Never watched the movie, no idea how accurate it its.

I was totally okay with it. I think Zane could have been a bit more muscular but otherwise it was great.

Just think - that was over 20 years ago. Imagine if they had today's technology

>Captain America
>Gamora
>Heimdall
>Thomas Wayne/The Comedian

>They made a movie based on the Shadow

Holy shit, is this any good?

I loved this, I'd draw the skull rings and the hero every night before bed.

It's this film that introduced me to Billy Zane, and I even had a silly argument as a kid with my parents when I spotted the guy in Titanic.

Zane should have been Lex Luthor.

Soso

a clasic

>Zane should have been Lex Luthor.
I agree with this

Show your drawings or I call bullshit

also scarjo

He will find you, and he will kill you

Both were pretty okay action comedies. Almost nothing like the comic, but eh. Not like the comic had much story to begin with.

sadly i stil remeber this pice of crap

Dude I was like in the kindergarten and shit.
The film was rental, on LaserDisc, that giant sized disc.
This was back in 96/97.

My dad rented it on a video store called Speedy Video, which was pretty popular then here in Malaysia.

Granted is not like they were many people aware of the movie existence, much less the comic at any point of time.

Remeber when Captain America, The Comedian, Gamora, and Heimdall all teamed up to get revenge on a guy that tried to have them killed?

There was a Dick Tracy movie too about the same time that The Shadow and The Phantom came out. I think Rocketeer was comics too but maybe just radio? I don't know.

Fantastic movie

Of all the people to direct that, why Michel Gondry?

Jackson sure does love his action adventure movies

Last third is different from the comic

Had to go back and confirm that that is in fact Idris Elba

It was alright from what I remember. Fun fact, Sam Raimi wanted to make this movie but didn't get to for whatever reason which ultimately led to Darkman. Which is cool because Darkman was the best "cape movie" at that to e that wasn't based on a comic.

This was a fun flick. Prime Connelly was in it too.

He gets roughed up in most iterations, but the way he's written depends on the time you're looking at.
The original newspaper inserts in the 40's were usually pretty serious. Most of the time, the stories were less about him, and more about the criminals he takes down, so there's a lot of story variety. What I like about them is how the characters can generate a lot of sympathy, even if they're supposed to be the 'bad guys'. Their stories get fleshed out adequately. Then, the Spirit's presence as a surprisingly vulnerable enforcer is like a catalyst that causes the inevitable conclusion of said story. It's gritty, it's very detailed, and I highly recommend reading the inserts if you can get your hands on them.
After that, they took too much creative liberty with him and turned him into laughing stock. The visuals were more cartoonish, the stories felt way less emotionally involved, and the Spirit himself acted like a straight-up autist. It was like something out of fucking MAD Magazine.
The movie felt like it was trying too hard to combine the caricature story style of the later versions with the gloomy atmosphere of the originals. They should have just gone with one style or the other. (Preferably the earlier stuff, because I think the stories were much more meaningful, but now I'm just thinking out loud.)

hell it was better than his Spider-Man movies

I loved this movie as a kid. Used to watch the VHS all the time. Rewatched it as an adult and was surprised it was still as good as I remember. Ended up buying the Rocketeer hardcover collection, was pretty good. Sad this won't ever get revived, but the movie was great.

I remember Sup Forums started putting "Spirit dog" in the movie posters in an attempt to make it interesting.

I heard they were making a new Rocketeer set in the fifties. This time the Rocketeer is a black chick who fights commies.

seriously, best comic book film ever made besides American Splendor

Wait! this was a comic?

Dylan Dog was fun

But I do remember that movie, I'm still waiting for the sequel, with him dying and his daughter taking the phantom mantle and stuff

2 Guns
The Scribbler
Art School Confidential
Bulletproof Monk
all the Caspers/Sabrina/Richie Rich's
Whiteout

Was Push a comic book movie?

I wonder how Sup Forums reacted to this movie. Seeing recently is a really good parody of the current superhero movie bubble.

I'm pretty sure the only reason people remember this movie exist is because Smash Mouth's video All Star

Not Sup Forums, but worth mentioning

Funny how this is applied to Family Guy now

I has them all.
Have seen all of them but a couple multiple times.
Objectively, Super-Ex Girlfriend is the worst Cape film I own. Best might start a fite.

One of my faves. Shows how to do a team superhero movie right.

>When people ask Sup Forums if they read comcs.png

btw this is only a quarter of my movies, I have 6 shelves of animation and 3 other shelves of fantasy/sci fi.
That's only my capekino.

The only movies I lack are the ones that do not have a region 1 blu ray release.

Dunno if Steel, Supergirl, Blankman will ever see Blu ray. Considering getting the Dolph Punisher region 2/1 release.

Is this Life is Strange?

I've been reading comics since the 70's.
For the last 10 years I've been buying them again.

Always hated this movie. Which really hurts because I'm a Lori Petty fan.

Swamp Thing is underrated.
Good director, microscopic budget, still more effective than movies costing 10 times as much.

Sequel ain't worth a damn tho.

Yes. Yes it is.

I definitely remember this and it still holds up.

I also remember The Spirit, but most of what I remember about it is being sad that it was Sin City 2 instead of what it says on the tin.

Magical Realism
Cartoony Violence with Devastatingly Real Consequences
Flair and Style Aplenty
Beautiful Dames getting Denny into all sorts of trouble

He just couldn't connect it all with a tight script.

I really like that rat.

I came here to link this

We don't want to remember that one.

A classic piece of shit maybe

I can never forget it due to the "I'm going to kill you all kinds of dead," line.

>that fucking microscope

Son of a bitch!

yee

Also, the kid is the CW Superman these days

>there have been six Shadow films
>last one was 1994
Could you imagine a new one with a decent director and today's technology? The possibilities are endless.

#4 is also Negan.