The New vs The Old

streamable.com/8x9t9

I think I finally got it. Took me a while, but this scene encapsulates perfectly what this movie is. Not the dumb matrix style battle, not the cringey "See you around, kid", but this. It's the philosophy behind this scene that says it all.

Have you ever seen a young adult that lives at his parents expenses so he can "study"? SOmeone who can't hold a regular job because at his core doesn't like to work? And also somehow behaves like he has a deeper understanding of life that his hard-working parents? He has to, because he can't fathom the idea that everything that he owns and surrounds him has been paid with sweat and tears from better people. For some cosmic reason, feels like he should have it all, because he's special.

You know someone like this, that's who these movies are for.

That was the stolen plot New Hope incrusted in TFA. That was Luke popping up at the very end without saying a word. That is Yoda being stolen from his most arcaic, puppet form, despite making him look detached with the new film quality. Because they're afraid to make something new on their own. Because they lack the balls to step into unknown territory.

And that's why the kind hearted Luke, that resisted temptation even at the hands of the emperor and spared his father after all he did, now decides to strike down his own nephew because he "sensed" the darkside.

That's why the wise Yoda now burns ancient jedi relics, laughing like a maniac, and tells Luke that every piece of wisdom and knowledge from the past means nothing.

Because Rey already has it all, because she's young and awesome, and despite that her very existence both in fantasy and in real life, is due to the successes of much more beloved characters, she's presented as superior to all of them. She's new and therefore, better.

Everything we loved about Star Wars is dead as it should've remained, and therefore, safe again.

Let us see how these BRAVE choices pay-off in Episode VIII.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yFRaU-adeLw
youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

T. wagecuck

>Have you ever seen a young adult that lives at his parents expenses so he can "study"? SOmeone who can't hold a regular job because at his core doesn't like to work? And also somehow behaves like he has a deeper understanding of life that his hard-working parents? He has to, because he can't fathom the idea that everything that he owns and surrounds him has been paid with sweat and tears from better people. For some cosmic reason, feels like he should have it all, because he's special.
>You know someone like this, that's who these movies are for.
I don't use this response very often because it is generally considered a weak rebuttal,

but you are projecting HARD bro

God Bless you OP
Couldn't have said it better

You should send this pasta to E;R

I've worked for everything I have since I was 17, so, not really my case.

Nice try though.

>teehee omg whats the big deal, luke?
>my bf killed the old white guy easily
>why did it took you so long?

>eeheehee skywalker, my arch nemesis

Holy shit, cant believe that scene is real

topkek looks like a horror movie. nice read also

I'm sickened that cultural Marxists don't even bother hiding their agenda in these movies.

>superior ideals
>when the whole event was meant to encapsulate the destruction of a system of ideals that was holding them back to their implied superiority
It isn't superiority of ideals just because one idea came to success. It just, unironically, means a DIVERSITY of views. A new viewpoint to be told. And if you feel, just to relate this to contemporary society, that viewpoint can be freely challenged because it is not part of a ruling system, aka the (((Jedi ORDER))) or (((FIRST ORDER))).

You're stuck in this thought, while valid, is certainly not a constant that a new set of ideas brings a new ruling caste. It's far from the case because we see ideas Dip and fade every day, with the only successful ones being cult-like.

It's trying to portray an end to a system in general, a collection of ideas that holds you back. There's no superiority of ideals if the system that enforced the superiority, whether it be resistance, empire, Jedi, with, or first order, is gone itself. From which new ideas spring from old practices, a more refined system can come to grow. Note I am not denying or proclaiming that society functions better without a system. It won't. However, an evolved system, as implied by the destruction of the Jedi order, will give rise to a newer "better", but not necessarily superior system. That's your own projection and insecurity due to the fact that the descriptor is used for comparison.

So what does this mean? New fucking toys. Fuck you OP Star Wars will always be an advert. Fuck off for being so butt hurt.

That is honest to god a hundred times worse then i was expecting. The dialogue sounds like it was written by a 4th grader

Disney is garbage, i don't know why anyone expected star wars would improve under their creative dept.

The open secret about SW is the universe is actually really small and you can't really do anything with it. So Disney decided the safest bet was to be lesbian tumblerians with it. Next movie is going to be about a gay stormtrooper (because thats the only way white men can compete now)

>wow so surprised

That's spot on.

Don't forget that TFA is now the shit we all say it was, because TLJ didn't go with any of the mysteries. Super Mary Sue, and by god, normies like it.

It's expensive fanfiction.

Muh Jar Jar, muh Ewoks, even though both served a purpose, and the normies love muh Porgs, which serve none.

Well put, seriously

>"REEE DAD HOW COULD YOU BURN MY XBOX!?"

The funniest thing is that they pretend they're the "progressive left".

>A new viewpoint to be told
>so let's destroy all remaining evidence of the old viewpoints
>Mary Sue knows it all anyways lol
faggot

Actually there is a kind of clever line in there since Yoda knows Rey stole the books and therefore already possesses everything she needs, and was basically burning the tree just to fuck with Luke.

So yeah. There's one slightly clever thing overshadowed by the fact Yoda looks like something out of a JonTron video.

putting all that thought into something as gay as star wars is just a waste of time, just let it go

The Journal of the Whills. That was wht lucas started with. turned into Star Wars. yoda burning them is just a huge f u to lucas and oldfags. disney makes ALL of its money from MERCHANDISE.. NOT from its films revenue.

Marxist theory of critical think ladies and gentlemen.

>Because Rey already has it all, because she's young and awesome
it literally feels like a cheapened monomyth, un heroic as fuck, no challenges, no hardship, nothing to relate to except the dad spoiling his little girl about how special she is, the movie equivalent of a girl saying "omg just go talk to her and be yourself, it's easy getting laid".

And the "step aside oppressive standards of storytelling" feels so fake. It's akin to "omg dont be a wage slaver.......... but btw let me be a furher slave master now"

Good luck relearning everything. Idiot.

You don't burn knowledge. You can choose a new path but never forget everything that came before.

>The open secret about SW is the universe is actually really small and you can't really do anything with it.
>what was 90% of the Expanded Universe
Most of the post-Jedi stuff was retreads, sure, but tell me the universe is small when literal interdimensional aliens invaded, or about literally any EU story before the saga begins

The wagecuck tears must sting

That scene alone is worse than anything Lucas did in the prequels. How is that a wise message at all? The message is basically, "You don't need to learn anything from a bunch of old men! You are are a strong woman who already knows everything she needs to know!" Yoda would have never said that.

>Rey knows everything
>therefore, this priceless ancient knowledge is worthless because Rey is the only person in the galaxy that matters

Yoda didn't destroy the books. Rey has them stashed on the Falcon at the end of the movie. He's just fucking with Luke.

>The open secret about SW is the universe is actually really small and you can't really do anything with it.
That's only true if you aren't creative. There is a lot of potential there that Disney will never tap into.

canon

Watching this breaks my heart a little bit, and I'm really not that much of a fan.

you realise the books are on the millennium falcon right?

"DEAD OLD WHITE MEN!"
- Yoda, master of gender studies at Berkley

i dont need the books, i just KNOW...who needs facts when you have female intuition? ill eat my own tongue if a leftist millennial woman didnt contribute that

Well, can you elaborate what that new viewpoint born from diversity is? Because honestly, I still don't have a solid grasp about what kind of person Rey is, and the same can be said about the rest of the "heroes". They all seem to be there because they have to.

And in which way "the old ways" are holding them back? Rey learned about the Jedi and pretty much everything relevant to the world that surrounds her and her new mystic powers in a matter of weeks, and suddenly are holding them back? From what? How?

Anyway, I don't agree that a system of ideals should be destroyed just for the fuck of it, and I'm sorry if the analogy with today youth seems out of place, but many of my friends are like that, and even though I love them, It still bothers me that you get to be 25 and never had a jod in your life. I don't think it's healthy, and I think it fucks you up in the long run.

They will be toxic to the nu-jedi, just you wait

The past was full of a bunch of boring, dead white guys. We're too woke for their racist, sexist words now.

>Rey finds the time to read thousands of years of books written by Jedi while going on an adventure
She is still Mary Sue and this is still retarded.

yeah that post was a mess...all ideas are the same, nothing more beneficial or less...but notice that the idea of tearing down whats old is just too tempting...these people love that so we end up with shit like this:

>will give rise to a newer "better", but not necessarily superior system.

>better
>not superior

this is why leftists are lined up against a wall...when youre this far gone theres nothing anyone can do with you

Can't wait to see this steaming pile of shit.

>stupid enough to be a wagie
>is proud of it

So having a job=wagie?

doing some 9-5 bullshit for around the minimum = wagie. make under $50k a year = wagie

I think I stated it incorrectly. Just exaggerating a bit. But in relation to Rey, who is still a Mary Sue, basically she learns to be the "nu-Jedi" through her experiences, and yoda sees that there's Jedi philosophy in her without having to enforce the system. Not trying to sound Marxist but whatever. it's more like redefining the past and """improving""" it(new interpretation). Not saying fuck the system. Change it.

Yoda was acting dumb in episode IV before Luke really know who he is.. This is so off the character, beside the realisator what is Lucasfilm up to ? don't they want to keep their jobs ? did they hate star wars ?

it's literally just "listen stop criticizing ray, she's the future, all the jedi lore and secrets are actually in her, fuck Luke, she's it" because they cant build a character, they have to shit on the old ones

(while having their little media class cuck shit about superficially progressive gayniggers from outerspace shit/ resistence vs Le pasty nazis etc)

Yeah, it must be hard working for your dad

You're a wageslave. So fucking pathetic.

I can say it more succinctly: the movie is a giant middle finger to anyone who ever liked pre-Disney Star Wars.

I don't see how the first paragraph and the points you're trying to make are related.

I agree with you 100% because of how they treat her during the movie.

However, yoda's message is definitely not "lmao gurl power". It's more like, Jedi can be redefined, can be changed.

>a Jontron video
youtube.com/watch?v=yFRaU-adeLw

Are you mad daddy took the credit card away for spending much time on the interwebs?

>the wise Yoda now burns ancient jedi relics, laughing like a maniac, and tells Luke that every piece of wisdom and knowledge from the past means nothing.
Seriously? Yoda did that?

yoda's message is "dude, whatever lmao. fuck your lore and whatever religion shit. Anyone can be this, we wrote her badly whatever, maybe next time it'll be the stable boy time traveling through the force or a tranny, now fuck off lmao who cares"

>parents don't owe every single thing they own to their children for dragging them into this shitpile of a world

You deserve cancer OP, and every other horrific form of suffering there is.

When I was 17, it was. Never again.

Not only that he also told Luke that Rey is pretty much all-knowing so there‘s no need to preserve any relics or ancient documents.

SLAY QUEEN SLAY

Jesus fuck you're an idiot

>LOL FUCK THIS LIBRARY REY ALREADY KNOWS THIS SHIT AND SHE'S THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS LMAO PAGE-TURNERS THEY WERE NOT
Bravo Disney

it's literally "burp morty i mean luke get a grip, no one reads these, it's all in her (the badly-done toy ad we made)"

it's a really shit attempt to do away with the old characters while trying to artificially prop up the new ones without any basic storytelling shit

It's pretty funny how autists on Sup Forums operate. Everyone latches onto the same wavelength of thought when there's a change in something they worship. Instead of addressing and accepting the change they turn to memes and negativity because the original thing of worship was the only sort of positive aspect of their lives.

I've seen the "See ya around, kid" webm, but does Luke actually die like people are saying?

>Wurk hard fur muh minimum wage

literally regurgitating the tumblrina writers' message

be very proud of yourself, you're in the mickey mouse club

youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0

>the retard spamming these unfunny iamges is a left-leaning NEET
goddammit you're a caricature dude

Samefagging this hard.

>alt right star wars OT "fan"

and you're calling other people caricatures? All of your beliefs are ad hoc nonsense driven by an agenda, you SJW abortion.

You went to see a movie for braindead retards, so you fall in that category, everything you have to say is worthless.

>alt right
nazbol, you sissy

Yes he pulls a Yoda.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE WEBM OF LUKE DYING?

Fuck your change.

Fuck that was actually very well put OP

holy fuck, nigga burns knowledge, this is cultural marxism on screen. khmer rouge would be proud.

Kinda similar to Sup Forums in that aspect.

In the end they're just mentally ill, contrary and nowhere near as aware as they think they are.

>not crossposting
lad, please

>accepting the change

why should people accept shit?

No, this can't be real. IT CAN'T BE

He doesn't die, its a le force hologram

Prove you make more than 50k a year or eat my ass

lol

Not even the dude you replied to, but he called you left leaning NEET because your "taking pride is hard work is stupid" bullshit.

Also, you're a fag, I don't believe you're alt right for the life of me.

>Rey pocesses the same amount of knowledge and Wisdom as sacred Jedi texts that encompass thousands and thousands of year of Jedi History and Knowledge
Fuck this movie

>everyone in this thread

you wish you looked like that dude

I have no words for how awful that is.

So your idea of being a healthy, well adjusted person is passively accepting anything a corporate entity wants to shove down your throat?

Prematurely balding, weakling beard, wearing a tux too small for me, smoking cigars with FUCKING WINE?

Thanks, no.

exactly, all those things, he still looks better than you somehow

Taking pride in working hard for shit pay is dumb. It’s more than dumb, it’s cuckoldry

I meant no offense to you or your boyfriend, I bet you are great for each other.

I swear I just picked the first "rich" image that made me laugh.

*extremely chapo voice*
>huh yeah im gay

That just shows that you don't work doing something you love.

You should quit your job and look for one that makes you happy.

Fake news, like most of the info you'll find on this board.
Rey takes the books and yoda only burns down a meaningless tree.
And then only reason he even complimented rey was to convince Luke to help the rebels.

>
To be fair, better that than the government.

>$0.24 has been added to your account.

>dude just get your dream job, it’s easy lmao
Okay bud