Female directors on decline in Hollywood, study shows

>The number of female directors working in Hollywood has fallen, according to a new study.

>In 2016, just 7% of the top 250 films were directed by women, a fall of 2% from the year before. The annual report from the Center for the Study of Women in Television and Film found that the number was also behind the figure achieved in 1998.

>The study also found that 35% of films employed no women in key roles behind the camera, such as writer, producer, executive producer, editor or cinematographer. Women also accounted for just 3% of composers. Documentaries and dramas were more likely to employ women while action films and horrors were almost exclusively male. Films with female directors at the helm employed a greater percentage of women in other positions.

theguardian.com/film/2017/jan/12/female-directors-on-decline-in-hollywood-study

Oy vey what can we do about this?
Boycott movies directed by wh*te males?

Women. Are. Not. Good.

>hat can we do about this?

perhaps accuse all the white males of 'sexual misconduct' ?

thats not true....women are good.....in bed

I don’t see what’s wrong so far ?

>Something called "Center for the Study of Women in Television and Film" exist

Everything you need to know.

How ironic is it that the most liberal institutions are full of hypocrites. I wonder , will feminists start criticising the Jewish patriarchy?

Give them movies to direct NOW you pieces of shit, look she has a vagina for fucks sake, isn't that more than enough???

thank god

Why would they criticize themselves?

>women are BARRED FROM HOLLYWOOD by the WHITE MALE ELITE it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a female director to get a movie made in Hollywood because of WHITE MALES
>Kathryn Bigelow exists

above: two incompatible assertions

GOOD

>white

>In 2016, just 7% of the top 250 films were directed by women, a fall of 2% from the year before.
>The study also found that 35% of films employed no women in key roles behind the camera, such as writer, producer, executive producer, editor or cinematographer.
In other words having a woman on board does make any difference whatsoever

>Women got jobs with sexual predators helping them
>Sexual predators gone
>women no longer get jobs
Wow who wouldve thought

>>The number of female directors working in Hollywood has fallen

Probably tired of fighting off the hordes of rapists

>daily reminder that the lowest rated stranger things episode is the ONE EPISODE directed by a woman
yes, that shitty episode, you know the one, that was directed by a woman

protip: git gud

Drumpf's america, everybody.

Best America.

>throw women at anything but capeshit
>movie (usually) does not perform
whodda thunk
that or simply they don't have the drive to spearhead direct\write something unqiue

this but unironically

This.

I think those dumb bitches thought that getting rid of the predators was going to open up a golden age for women in Hollywood. What they actually did was get rid of the only people who wanted them around.

Now people in Hollywood will be hired on merit and not on how badly some greasy producer wants to fuck them, and the best people for any position are almost always men.

i mean to say direct AND write, like a lot of emerging directors. nolan, wes anderson, etc etc, whoever you wanna meme, one of those notorious directors helped write and direct their own film, sometimes even doing some cinematography

women don't multitask (but muh studies! --- this is unique, filmmaking and as an art form, not trying to do officework or engineering)

daily reminder that the best Generation Kill episodes were directed by a woman

Who cares?

Are you surprised an industry full of sexual predators has an entire organization dedicated to "studying" women in film and television?

Women aren't a hivemind. Each woman does things differently, some of them have talent, some don't. Same as men, if you could believe it.

Girls can't direct. Whenever I watch one by a girl it's always off. And they're so quick to use nudity.

daily reminder the worst intro and episode of Stranger Things was written by a woman

same with rick and morty but i dont watch it, just regurgitating the memes of whatever last season i kept seeing threads of the past year

desu having to suck mutilated jew cock for every job does sounds like it gets tiring after a while

wow you've blown my fucking mind user

If you look at the French film industry, women are more represented there than in Hollywood. Hollywood is ironically a pretty sexist place. Female talent who don't want to be groped everyday by their superiors would much rather go to Europe.

I bet you can't even name 3 movies directed by women.

Female directors are a pleb filter

>same with rick and morty but i dont watch it
lol k

clam down roastie

>Women in general don't want to become directors and dislike the constant stress naturally associated with the work
>Women avoid becoming directors
>Feminists see disparity
>Feminists blame men for the disparity because blaming women is blasphemy
>Feminists claim men created the stressful environment and should be forced to make it easier for women
>More women join said workforce due to artificially eased environment
>Resources and patience of workforce for easing of industry ends
>Industry goes back to being a shithole
>The whole process repeats

WHEN WILL LITERALLY EVERYONE LEARN THAT MY DICK TASTES LIKE CHOCOLATE

Fast times at Ridgemont High
Blood Sabbath
Daisies

Roberta Findlay

>women in general present less interest in directing and movie making in general
>naturally this causes women to be a minority in move making
>ITS DA WHITE MEN CAPITALIST OPPRESSORS MYSONIGST PIGS I LITERALLY CANT EVEN

I want this meme to end, we don't need a literally 50/50 equality quota split.

>Akerman
>Angelidi
>Deren
>Duras
>Farrokhzad
>(Hranitzky)
>Kawase
>Pakalnina
>Petrova
>Poplavskaya
>Straub
>Torres
>Varda

When have they even made good capeshit? Wonder Woman was an exactly average movie.

i dont. (you)
the only other thing that immediately came to mind because of the endless shitposting (like you) of those threads made

I only recognize Petrova, Torres and Duras. Rest are literally who to me.

>huge movement to make females more prominent in film

>results in FEWER female directors and producers

>Straub

Of course there aren't that many female directors. They've all either had the shit raped out of them, or they've left the industry before they could get the shit raped out of them.

Sorry to say, but sappy romantic dramas made for a female audience don't have the same pull as they used to. It's all about that capeshit now.

If they write a good script or do good work behind the camera. They're get more jobs

Do women actually want to do this work?

You should recognize Akerman and Varda at least. Otherwise u are a turbopleb.
oops, got huillet and straub mixed up

Why is no one funding an all female production team for a movie?

>Female directors on decline in Hollywood
Good

When things are good, women do nothing but make children and act like children.

Isn't it clear though...

>...just 7% of the top 250 films were directed by women, a fall of 2% from the year before

They're talking about the most successful films financially...if you interpret this, it doesn't mean that women are not participating in film production as much, it means that
The movies they are making are worse than before or less successful financially.

They don't fucking draw that's why. They can only do Rom Coms.

No, and there's nothing wrong with that.

And in other news, studies show that 80% of women in the workplace have trouble meeting deadlines and finishing projects.

sure is mgtow in this thread

>women aren't as interested as males with the idea of working in film, this is a fact
>state those facts
>MUH EVUL MENS RIGHTS ACTIVISTIS

stfu, thank you for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.