Zack Snyder is a Visionary

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheMagnificentSevenSamurai
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck zack snyder the hack

Tell us about how MoS is really Plato's The Cave.

But they aren't uniting the seven anymore. The symbolism is gone Snyder.

Green Lantern cameo

and Supes comes back

= 7

Just as long too, and just as many characters will die right?

This is interesting, because in Seven Samurai they are only six and the 7th member is actually not a Samurai and joined them in the final arc. Still hoping the Green Lantern is the 7th..lol

Justice League will be even better than Seven Samurai and not nearly as boring.

But Seven Samurai is a celebration of humanity. Like if aliens came to earth and we needed one movie to show them what humans are like, that would be it. "Gathering people to fight the bad guys" is like the D-plot of the movie.

But that's just plain retarded if you throw I'M RICH quips and jokes around, and in the next moment you try to callback the Seven Samurai and be all serious all of a sudden.
If I told you Thor will have a 2001:A Space Odyssey callback/homage in the movie, would you think it's an automatically better movie*

>implying one of the hallmarks of Kurosawa's movies outside of the Tragedies wasn't slapstick and jokes on top of the dramatic and hyper-stylistic stuff

You haven't even seen Seven Samurai you fucking hack.

Snyder quickly browses wikipedia articles and assumes no one will call him out and make connections that aren't there.

I guess actually watching one of the top 3 best movies of all time is too much to ask?

I understand, I'd feel like shit too if I had done what he's done.

Holy shit Snyder is so based

take note other directors, this is how it's done

>title: Huge ass comparisson Justige League is like Seven Samurai
>coments: "Yeah Batman sort of 'seven samurai' the league together.
Seriously?

too bad it's going to be shit.

But the one on the left doesn't even really look like the one on the right

>Marvel
Ok, based on our focus surveys, we really should have this much humor and this much action and this much drama so you go direct that

>Snyder
Fuck it, let's make it like Seven Samurai

Can he be more of /our guy/?

do you just write words and phrases and hope they mean something?

>Snyder is so based because he inspired from Seven Samurai

Other movies inspired from SS
>Magnificent Seven & remake
>Star Wars
>Battle Beyond the Stars
>The Seven Magnificent Gladiators
>A Bug's Life

The similarites start with the group getting formed and end with them fighting a mass of enemies. If only we could be so lucky that it was directed and edited in Kurosawa's style.

Star Wars was Hidden Fortress

>Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Batman die.
>Supes: So. Again we are defeated. The citizens of Earth have won. Not us.
;_;

Wasn't the three amigos some kind of parody of Magnificent Seven?

shit that pic was meant for my "How can Marvel compete?" post

That's not even accurate. They assemble a few warriors with no real connection to one another to teach the villagers how to fight and most of them die to random occurrences.

I highly doubt the JL are going to teach people to fight Darkseid and his forces, or that any of the JL will die.

But that's the entire point, the regular villagers are at the center of the movie from beginning to end. The samurai are like the Obi Wans, they're hardly the main focus because that would just be a generic action hero movie.

Leave the peasant training to me.

>Any of the JL will die
>Superman dies in his 2nd movie.

Superman's totally going to come back, die, come back, die, then come back at least 5 times in this continuity!

>or that any of the JL will die.
I hope Wonder Woman dies. fucking hate that face and that accent.

But that was my point, that JL is just going to be a bunch of people getting together and then they're going to beat the big bad and everyone will go home happy.

All that stuff about teaching and helping the defenseless farmers won't be in it so it can focus on the super heroes.

Chill out Mouseketeer.

I still have no idea why he died, from a storytelling point of view. Like the primary theme of the film seemed to be "Bruce is an untrusting asshole" so did he die win Bruce's trust? Did he not already do that when they set up the plan to prevent Luthor from killing Clark's mom?

In fact about 99% of the themes present in 7Sam will not even be remotely touched upon by this nor any other super hero movie, which is odd because 7Sam is basically the cheatsheet for "how to make a great fucking movie"

Shock value > No shock value

Disney is shit, but are you really gonna shill fucking Warner Bros of all studios?

I knew a guy who loved Dawn of Justice because it reminded them of Tarkovsky. I asked them what their favorite Tarkovsky film was, and they said they never any of his work before.

>Shock value > No shock value
I can see how the people who made this film would think "wouldn't it be rad if superman died?" But since they were leading into JL anyway, wouldn't a happy end with everyone shaking hands and talking about how they'll help each other next time be so much better?

I feel like I'm putting more thought into this than every one who worked on this film.

and to make the people of the united states of America unanimously like him. and so Wonder Woman's faith in humanity is restored. she'll no longer just sit idly by and let 6 million Jews get gassed, or sit idly by as gooks kill each other, or sit idly by as muslim terrorist crash a plane on the twin towers killing hundreds of peple. NO. Superman's self-sacrifice has inspired her to get back to helping humanity.

It would be a better "heroes inspire people to do good" theme than any in the current DCEU.

What really pissed me off about WW in BvS was that she was riding around in fancy ass cars, going to big balls and museums. She didn't go back to her fucking island, she was around for literally everything that happened after WW1, so she should have been able to see stuff like the rebuilding of Europe after WW2, MLK and all the social activism of that time, as well as New york coming together after 9/11. So apparently none of those peoples sacrifcies meant anything to her.

>She didn't go back to her fucking island, she was around for literally everything that happened after WW1
pffft
You don't know that.
Stop inventing things to cry about, dummy.

Isn't Seven Samurai just one of those story templates that's used all the time in film?

I'm actually pretty sure that King Kong vs Godzilla has people more excited for it than Justice League or any other DC film at the moment.

I think a major part of the lack of enthusiasm for Snyder's DCU is that he knows very little about these characters, and very little about themes. It's like if Scott Buck called Netflix Iron Fist "Oldboy" just because some guy leaves society for fifteen years and comes back a fighter. Snyder just thinks it looks and sounds cool.

None of this shit would've happened if Nolan did Man of Steel and just made a decent action movie.

>Super-heroes inspire people to be good

I wish. That'd be poetic and heart-warming. Instead we get Marvel pumping out disposable products and DC pumping edgy trash.

When was the last time a superhero in one of the Big Two companies inspired someone to do good? You know, like a regular person. Not another superhero. I can only think of Spider-man 2.

But MoS IS a decent action movie.
1 out of every 2 critics liked it.

Why was she riding around in fancy cars and going to balls? If anything, that's un-WW.

Yes, there's a TVTropes page for that.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheMagnificentSevenSamurai

>King King v Godzilla

Justice League has more hype. Just look at the trailer views. King Kong v Godzilla is basically vapor at this point.

Arguably the point of superheroes is to ignore regular humans. Those ham-fisted attempts at empathy in civil war makes me glad that we exist only to complain, cheer or die off-camera.

Not really, unless you're looking at it very broadly. Seven Samurai is at its core about how different human collectives interact with each other, that's not a theme commonly seen since it's easier just to lump each side into separate characters.

Yeah, it's a far cry from the George Perez Wonder Woman who took great pride and honor in working at a Taco Bell.

btfo

It wasn't the success WB was hoping for, though. It caused them some worry, and then they delayed BVS for reasons I forget.

Decent was more of my subjective view. Something that could satisfy, like the first Iron Man.

>trailer views
What trailer? We're still a whole Godzilla film away from them meeting.

it is so not Wonder Woman at all. it just goes to show you how they clearly don't have any idea about her character at all outside of her being a woman warrior.

see
STOP BEING A GOD DAMN BABY

If you want to tell people to stop being babies, maybe you shouldn't say it in all caps like a baby would.

You're really undermining your own case, nigga. Watching Man's World not learn its fucking lesson and just repeat the same mistake of pointless war, genocide and vileness over and over again through the course of a century would not exactly make Wonder Woman have a change of thought about us.

I'm not even sure which posts are ironic anymore.

Not an argument. You can't refute the posts I linked, that much is clear.

I'm only ironic when I'm on Sup Forums desu.

But that's not Wonder Woman. A superpowered woman who can't tolerate all the horrors of the world repeated again and again, so she hides behind the comfort of glamour and high society? That's Lady Maeve from The Boys.

So she's indulges in the same bullshit she criticizes instead of fucking off to her island?

And who's to say Wonder Woman even sees Man's World as constantly repeating their mistakes? One could argue the world's improved pretty fucking easily.

I can't wait for Whedon Batgirl because we're either gonna see Snyder dicksuckers finally abandon the DCEU or else contorting themselves into praising the stunning vision of Sensitive Joss.

So what your're saying is
>not muh?

I'd make the argument that it IS muh, because your reasons for saying NOT WW LALALALA are based on one apparent characteristic, when so much of her IS much that you come of as try hard.

>what is liking some of the movies in the DCEU and not others
For example, I like MoS and BvS more than I like SS.

Okay, then how is she a good Wonder Woman?

>when so much of her IS much that you come of as try hard.

>And who's to say Wonder Woman even sees Man's World as constantly repeating their mistakes?

Just because everyone has an iPhone doesn't really mean dick considering how we keep going to war against one another over petty political disagreements. We still commit genocide against our kind to this very fucking day.

I'd say we haven't really learned much. Just look at the Tomahawk strike at Syria, people are already banging the drums of war all excited as shit that we're going to be ((((STRONG)))) nation again.

Not falling for that. You never said how she's not, you speculated based on something you can't know yet,
You ALSO chose to ignore this post,

see

>so she hides behind the comfort of glamour and high society

More like she uses high society connections to fun humanitarian aid all over the world. She just sees no point in fighting our wars for us. World War One was suppose to be the war to end all wars. Only then we had the WW2: Electric boogaloo, Korean War, NAM, Serbian War, current Syrian civil war...

But that's your opinion of the world today.

What I was trying to get at is that we don't know how the DCEU Wonder Woman thinks of the world.

because we don't know anything about her and her inclusion in the film was pointless

>shittalking Seven Samurai

Motherfucker, get out.

>More like she uses high society connections to fun humanitarian aid all over the world
You don't know that. Point to the lines in the film where that is said.

So what are you arguing? That no one can speculate on this Wonder Woman or that this is a good Wonder Woman?

As for, I'm going to be completely honest and say I'm not sure if he's being sarcastic or not so I'm not sure how reply.

I wasn't even being ironic. She actually took genuine pride in working at that taco place even when her manager told her she shouldn't be working at such a shit place, showing that even the most menial and thankless tasks should be treated with gratitude.

If Texas user is reading this thread, he's a cool guy for storytiming that issue.

>going so low as to compare your fetid pretentious filmmaking with that of a true master like Kurosawa

I can't tell if Snyder is really this delusional, or if he's just a huge shithead with no dignity.

Considering that he only has this job because his awful wife is propping up his career, I'm going to assume the latter.

>You don't know that.
see
Touche.

>what is Star Wars and The Hidden Fortress
>what is Bug's Life

Get a grip nigger.

A New Hope is a great film, though. Even A Bug's Life was alright.

Snyder makes complete dross.

To be fair, he didn't say it is gonna be on par with SS. He just said he takes influence from SS.
Not that I think it helps. I mean look at his Excalibur omage.

>1 out of every 2 critics liked it.

Fucking lol

Okay, its a 5/10 movie.

> I mean look at his Excalibur homage.

I love that movie and his homages to it and Arthurian imagery in general gave me AIDS.

>Hey guys I'm totally on the same level as John Boorman, right guys?

Seven Samurai is a basis for a lot of stories.

>Hey guys, I know movies... honest.
Is this still damage control from that time when he was asked who his influences were and he spent a full minute not coming up with anything?

Agreed, Kurosawa's great not only for his mastery of cinema but for the humanism he showed in such great films as Ikiru, Red Beard, and others.

This is so far-fetched. Jesus christ.