10 Episode Gorillaz Cartoon

So about this potential Gorillaz TV series that Jamie Hewllet is working on, I have just one question. Why now? Personally I feel like a cartoon series would've been nice.... in the 90s/early 2000s (maybe). MTV would have been the perfect place to house the show, since MTV at the time was infamous for broadcasting animated cartoons intended for a mature audience back in the day.

more producers? more options for it to be on air?
less interest during plastic beach?
mtv is literally the worst place to house the show, how fucking retarded are you? NO ONE watches MTV for fucking cartoons you dumb nigger.

oh also, around the early 2000's it would have been too expensive to make a gorillaz show that didn't look worse than the side shit from plastic beach

>reading comprehension
In the late 90s, MTV was the place to go. Are you retarded?

yeah, a little bit. still, the show would have flopped. you know it. i know it. it wouldn't have been popular.

>Gorillaz during its prime when it was going strong wouldn't have had a successful cartoon because it would have flopped

I'm sure a lower budget show would have been enough for the fans

>early 2000s
>anything Gorillaz related not being popular

those fucking g shorts they made looked so god damn expensive to produced.
a low budget show would have been awful

>g shorts
bitez*

They really didn't look anything special.

the animation is great, but if you think that mtv could have produced a tv show in the early 2000's that looked anywhere near as good, then great, i'd love it, but it would never happened, which is why it didn't fucking happen, and why it's happening now. lol

What makes you think MTV wouldn't have given this power house band a suitable budget

more money into a project = less profit
unless they wanted money from selling action figures and products n shit, which could also be why shit never happened. its basically a 30 minute ad for a band at the end of the day.

>this cartoon about a hit all-star band wouldn't have done well because there would have been too much money into it and not enough people would be watching this cartoon about a unique popular band

You're a dumbfuck and this thread is ass

If it has similar humour to the shorts it'll be good

Hewlett had a chance/offer to make a thing before, but it was gonna be a movie and everything I forget who it was pitched to him sounded miserably bad, plus after Tank Girl he was even more wary to let anyone shit all over his babies so they got a great big no out of him and it had to wait until now I guess.

The movie was gonna be about Gorillaz going to the real world even though they've already collaborated with people in the real world

Yo where my eel at, Ed boy?

2D and Noodle a best.

>Why now?
Back then I don't think they wanted it to be anything more than what it was, just that simple.
Go see the Kaptain Kristian vid on Gorillaz, or wherever the source from the audio clip is from, where I think Andre 3000 or someone asked if the thing they were doing was a movie and Jamie and Damon reply back that it's like a movie in people's heads.

Which I admit is actually kind of clever handwave or no because most people with an imagination read a good book and their mind does all the production work but come an actual movie of it the smallest shortcoming with the actor appearance, voice, pacing, visuals, soundtrack, whatever has you thinking 'the book was better', so maybe that was the indeed the case for how they imagined Gorillaz working best or maybe that was code for "it's less hassle this way".

>Personally I feel like a cartoon series would've been nice.... in the 90s/early 2000s (maybe)
That's a personal feel my dear, I'm pretty sure Damon and Jamie would know better professionally the lengths it took then compared to now.

For example there's scrapped animatics for 5/4, so Jamie likely did a bunch of stuff for that and suddenly it's like "no, we're not doing that" which must be frustrating. That's just for a short music video, I can't imagine him having the patience then for a show's worth of trial and error. The G-Bites and Web or DVD Extras stuff was the length of it I take it.

Now though we have all this software to speed up and simplify the process.

I mean what sort of question is this anyhow, it's like me asking any of you why you didn't go balls to the wall with whatever passion project you're working on. Maybe you couldn't, maybe you didn't want to? What does it matter, this is now, that was then.

They can do it on Youtube now.

I think it has to do with them wanting maximum creative control at all times. Like they wouldn't have given the characters up for other people to churn out content with without them checking in. And it's too much work to put out music, art, peripheral stuff AND to check up on an animated series all at the same time. Plus all that stuff that was just said before this post.

So I guess they're just doing it now.

As great as a gorillaz show would've fit on 00's mtv when it was still an actual tv-station, i think it would've taken away some of the charm of the band because they always made well the illusion of the gorillaz living on some weird ass production studio between here and fiction.

Because now, things like Youtube and Netflix exist

MELT ITS FACE, MELT ITS FACE

>Are you retarded?
>yeah a little bit
Sup Forums.

How about we propose episode idea's or things you want in the show?

>The devil comes to collect Murdoch's soul and 2D is tricked into taking Murdochs place.

>THIS SUMMER
>THE MOST SUCCESSFUL BAND IN THEIR WORLD
>IS GOING ON TOUR
*RECORD SCRATCH*
>TO ^OUR^ WORLD!
"WHERE AREEEE WE?"

I have to stop before i give myself an aneurysm

>2D suffers at the hands of Murdoch and the and just let's it happen because 2D will be fine later at some point

>wide shot of new york city
>noodle going "WHOA"
>man in the sky starts playing
>NOW THE ANIMATED BAND HAS ONE WEEK TO FIND THE WAY BACK TO THEIR WORLD
>STARRING AMY SHUMMER

SONY ANIMATION PRESENTS

no user
keep going

Now we just need someone to play the stock "evil manager who wants to take advantage of the band to make money" villain.

Rated PG-13

More that that we need a plot thread where Murdoc learns to appreciate his friends more and stop being awful

Calling it now. Its going to fucking suck.

A Gorillaz movie could work if it was a damning critique of the music industry. Like Murdoch would rather deal with Satan than work with the music industry.

DELETE THIS

>Noodle straight up knows they are getting screwed by their label but no one can understand her.
>2D is too doped up to notice anything
>Russel is literally battling demons so he cant really focus on the problem at hand.
>It falls down to Murdoch to come with an insane scheme to save his band which doesn't work but Noodle saves the day without anyone realizing so Murdoch takes the credit.

>battling inner demons

FTFY

People should be able to understand Noodle though; in between Gorillaz and Demon Days she had her memory and abilities restored, so she can speak english at this point.

Noodle speaks English fine

I'm assuming they meant this would be a phase 1 esque movie.

>>man in the sky starts playing
>Not 19/2000 Soulchild Remix

>its basically a 30 minute ad for a band at the end of the day.
This may be the (sad) answer to the question. No one cares about Gorillaz anymore, so the cartoon is an attempt to bring back some relevancy.

>TV show for Gorillaz

I really hope it's good. I-I really like Gorillaz

Any schumer would be the one to voice Noodle and make a couple vagina jokes

But what would it be about?

AND ROB SCHNIEDER IS...